Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Kristale - this was at Whitfords, I don't normally go there as its not really near me but was catching up with a friend...anyway, the parenting room had 2 cubicles with a curtain and a couple of sinks, not much room to swing a cat and felt a bit grotty. Oh well, it was the first time I've been in one, might have to venture down to carousel one day...I'm NOR...

How did Amelie react to other bubs? At my bf group, Josh looks around with wide eyes.

oh Blanche, hoping that little Jack gets better soon. Its a horrible thing to deal with with little ones (even more so when they're just bubs!) Hope he's on the mend.

Jodi: thanks for letting us all know.

Blanche - I hope Jack gets better very soon. Poor little guy.

Jodi - how's Nina?

Beckstar - how are you feeling? Owchies.

Laranna - the parents' room in Myer at Karrinyup is disgusting too. Great set up with a little play pen thing for toddlers and a toilet that fits you and the pram but my God it stinks. Truly disgusting. There is one upstairs in DJs in the city which was ok, but the very best one I've found is at Innaloo (don't laugh at the name eastern states ladies!) - very clean, smells lovely (if a public toilet ever can!) and they have a lovely big toilet that you can easily wheel the pram into with you - one of my biggest fears. Isn't it sad what excites us now - good parents' rooms

Kristale - I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. You poor love.

I've had a pretty awful few days and spent a lot of time in tears. Elena has been really grouchy since having her vaccinations last week and I have no idea what is wrong with Isabelle but she has been a clingy, whingy nightmare. My poor girls have both been very demanding and there just hasn't been enough of me to go around. The up side is that El seems to be getting a bit of consistency with her night feeds. I give her a feed around 10.30 pm and she seems to wake around 4am, and then again about 7.30 or so. Pretty civilised. Can't wait for that 4am sleep to disappear but I have a feeling that won't happen for some time. Anyway, time to go and give my girl a last feed and head to bed. Sleep well mums and bubs.

hi ladies thanks for the well wishes and thanks Jodi for letting them know

im home tonight to be with DD as she isnt coping with me being away shes been having nightmares poor little chicken so my mum is up at the hospital with Jack tonight and ill head back in the morning. hes doing better today hes on only a little bit of oxygen and is still being feed through the nose tube but is having little 20-30ml bottles for comfort feeds and to see if he can handle them, which he seems to be doing okay atm and not having to work to hard to breath. so heartbreaking to see them like this not a nice thing for a little bub to have best get some rest now hoping to be home before the weekend
    take care sorry about the me post im sure you will all understand!

blanche - it must be so hard seeing him like that. I hope you have him home by the weekend.

lulu - for you too. Sounds like you need them. I remember Nina was really bad after her 8 week needles, which is why I'm dreading them so much tomorrow for Em. I know what you mean about that 4am feed, I hate it. It's the only feed for the night, but it's a PITA at that hour. I hope the clinginess settles down soon for the girls.
    Nina is going well, thanks for asking. The spots don't look like much, probably just a virus or something.

beck - I forgot to answer your question yesterday, Em poos every 3 days.

I think my terrific 'toddler who sleeps in till 8.30 each morning' has gone The last 3 days, Nina's woken at 6.45. That's very early for me. I've got no idea why she's doing it either. Well daycare were happy for me to take her there today, considering the spots are fading and she's not sick. So just me and Em today.

Laranna- Amelie was wide eyed with the other bubs too she seemed to love it.

Yay a good night sleep for us last night!

Jodi- Sorry to hear your terrific toddler is changing. Amelie always wakes before 7am.

Lulu- I hope the rest of your week improves with your girls. I am also dreading having Amelie's vacc's so I am getting them done on Friday so we have the weekend with DH if things dont go well.

Blanche- I hope you have your little man home soon.

Blanche - hope little Jack is home soon. It is so hard seeing them unwell.
    Lulu - I've heard good things about Innaloo parenting room so might go there next time. I hope the girls settle down for you too
    Jodi - I'm dreading the vaccinations too, J is having his tomorrow.

You girls are lucky with one feed during the night. J is having 2. Last feed is around 9:30pm. Then he wakes at 2am then again around 5am. But thats ok as I would prefer him to get as much milk as he can since his weight gains have been low.

He has been a cheeky monkey at his last feed, keeps pulling off my boob and giggling. I didn't think my boobs were that funny

everyone, I am sorry i have been MIA for a while! I have come to the conclusion that i just don't have enough hours in a day! But i have been reading my emails everyday sometimes not until the night time, but i just dont have the timeto get on and reply very often. So please know i am here in spirit if not words LOL!

Blanche I am soo sorry to hear about Jack hun, I hope he is on the mend, nothing worse than wactching your little bubbas struggle

Klee sincere condolances for Mel and you all. I wont pretend to understand the connection or that i even know Mel but i feel for you all at such a horrible time in your lives No words can make it better so all i can say is we are all here.

Laranna that is soo cut ethat J is giggling at your boob Molly tries to laugh but all she manages is a little coughing sound atm!

Kristale yay for getting into a mothers group, its awesome having peole to catch up with who have bubbas at the same age. I had a great group with Mitchie but dont really have a group this time round, just all the lovelies on here!

Jodi how was your day with just you and Em? would have been good to have a bit of one on one time!

Lulu its soo hard some days isnt it! I hope things are starting to settle for you. It could just have been that Issy was maybe getting less attention cause Elena ws needing more after her needles maybe? I know just this last week Mitchie has been wanting my attention whenever he sees i am busy with Molly, sometimes i just have to answer him when he calls my name and thats enough but other times he wants more of my time because he sees Molly getting it! So maybe it could be that too? Having two bubs can take its toll some days.

Beckstar sounds like you have had a very busy hol! I hope it is all slowing down for you.
    Ouch on the mastitis too, glad you are recovering quickly from it. I had it with my third bub when she was 7mths and ended up in hos for a week it was that bad and just flared up over night from nothing! It really can hit soo quickly hey!

Hi to everyone else i hope you are all doing well.

Ok so Molly is an absolute gem of a baby! She feeds about 3hrly through the day but after her last feed at night which is anytime from 6:30pm to 9pm, she then sleeps until anywhwere from 6am to 7am. So i am getting a full nights sleep and this has been happening for just over two weeks now touch wood it keeps up.
    She doesn't poo everyday eitehr sometimes 3dys sometimes more but she seems fine with it.
    I took her to HCN yesterday for her 8wk checkup and she has slowed down in her weight gains but HCN is not concerned and neither am i. She is now 10lb 5oz or 4670gms, she was 3670gms at birth, so 1kg since birth, is that right? She has grown 6cm since birth and is now 57.5cm and h/c is up 3cm to 39cm. So all in all she is doing well.
    Gonna have to go now as i am feeding Molly and Mitchie trying to help me type! Will try and get back later to finish my post

have a great day

Great to hear from you Kat. We understand you're one busy mummy. That's a great weight/length gain for Molly. And what a great little baby you have there at night. It makes a world of difference when you get decent sleep doesn't it. She has the same routine as Emily most nights. Except the last couple of nights, Em is waking at 4am for a feed. I hate that one.

Had Emily's needles today and she did really well. Hardly even cried. Had her weighed & measured, and she's 5.5kg, 60cm long & hc is 40cm. She was 3.65kg & 51cm when she was born. So she's growing very well indeed! I thought she was a little fatty, cause she's soooo heavy.
    Emily was quite unsettled yesterday. I got no time whatsoever to do the housework, so dh came home and it looked like a bomb had hit it, and that was without Nina being around So you can imgaine what my house looks like now, after Nina got into it last night and this morning! I've only just got home from the dr's, and I think Em has gone to sleep now, so I'd better go tackle some jobs.

laranna - how'd he go with the needles today? I can totally relate to them pulling off and giggling at the boob! Em has a conversation with mine, while she's supposed to be feeding

blanche - how is Jack going?

Kat - what great gains and how nice it must be to have molly sleeping through.

Jodi - Josh did pretty well with the needles...he screamed for about a minute which can feel like forever! Then I put him on the boob for 15 minutes and he dozed off. He's being a bit unsettled so I'm feeding and cuddling him lots....understand about no time to do anything. I told DP don't expect much today as Josh is likely to be a grumpy bum!

ETA: I nearly forgot to say that Josh had a big sleep last night from 11pm to 4am
    Last edited by Laranna; July 10th, 2008 at 07:08 PM.

ok so after reading Katstribe's post about Molly's great night time sleeps thought I;d try a different approach last night with her feeds.

Macey had last feed at 8:30pm then I put her (&me) to bed and thought I;d wait to see when she'd wake wanting her next one. I have previously been waking here again at 11pm for the last feed but didn't last night. First stir wasn't until 1:30am for her dummy and again at 5am then she woke at 6:30am hungry and ready to chew my exploding boobs off. so if this keeps going it'l mean I;ll be able to start getting to bed at a half reasonable time again which would be awesome.

Don;t mind if I have to do 1 feed in the night but couldn't handle doing 2 which is why I;ve never gone to bed before the last feed at 11pm.

Will try this again tonight and see if it was just a fluke or we are maybe onto something good here I hope

Also not sure if I said but Macey had her 8week needles on Tues and apart from letting out a decent squawk at the time, she recovered form them really well. All other results were good so not back to MHN for another 2months when DS will have is 18mo checkup at the same time.

Think that this 2 under 2 thing must be catching up with me as I;ve only just got over the weekend masititis bout, got my gallstone diagnosis on Wed and have now come down with a sinus cold to boot Am starting to think that I must be damaged goods and am in need of a good trade in for a newer model.

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm. Its blo*dy cold here. we even had snow on Tues here and looks like we are no where near the end of it either. thank god we have central heating when I'm up int he night. bit scared of what our next gas bill might look like though as the heaters been on 24hrs straight for most of the last week.

Good luck for big sleeps all round tonight :-)

ok so after reading Katstribe's post about Molly's great night time sleeps thought I;d try a different approach last night with her feeds.

Macey had last feed at 8:30pm then I put her (&me) to bed and thought I;d wait to see when she'd wake wanting her next one. I have previously been waking here again at 11pm for the last feed but didn't last night. First stir wasn't until 1:30am for her dummy and again at 5am then she woke at 6:30am hungry and ready to chew my exploding boobs off. so if this keeps going it'l mean I;ll be able to start getting to bed at a half reasonable time again which would be awesome.

Don;t mind if I have to do 1 feed in the night but couldn't handle doing 2 which is why I;ve never gone to bed before the last feed at 11pm.

Will try this again tonight and see if it was just a fluke or we are maybe onto something good here I hope

Also not sure if I said but Macey had her 8week needles on Tues and apart from letting out a decent squawk at the time, she recovered form them really well. All other results were good so not back to MHN for another 2months when DS will have is 18mo checkup at the same time.

Think that this 2 under 2 thing must be catching up with me as I;ve only just got over the weekend masititis bout, got my gallstone diagnosis on Wed and have now come down with a sinus cold to boot Am starting to think that I must be damaged goods and am in need of a good trade in for a newer model.

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm. Its blo*dy cold here. we even had snow on Tues here and looks like we are no where near the end of it either. thank god we have central heating when I'm up int he night. bit scared of what our next gas bill might look like though as the heaters been on 24hrs straight for most of the last week.

Good luck for big sleeps all round tonight :-)

not sure what has happened to my ticker. BB must been having issues tonight as previous post is showing twice but with no tickers ??

just a quick one from me, we got home today Jack is doing much better, its so nice to be home and i can sleep in my bed instead of on a recliner!!

ill have to catch up on everything

blanche, that's fantastic news that Jack is home!

Blanche - that is brilliant news that Jack is home with you now!

Beckstar - good luck with the sleeping again tonight, I hope it works again. J's last feed is around 9:30 and he usually wakes around 2-3am for another one and then again around 5am.

Last night he fed at 9:30 and when he woke at 3am my right boob was engorged (he had fed off the left the last 2 feeds) and he emptied it in about 20 minutes which is a record. Usually I feed him both sides going around 25 min each side (I know takes forever!).

Got him some cute little clothes at the pumpkin patch sale yesterday and dressed him when we went to the shops this morning, so cute. I am having fun dressing him up in something other than wondersuits

welcome home blanche- glad to hear that things are on the mend again...

sorry beck, I did reply to your post the other day, but bb ate my post up
    How is the sleep going at night. Is she sleeping longer with the new things you were trying out? And how are you feeling now, I hope you've managed to catch up on some sleep.

All well here with Emily. She's certainly a lot brighter, happier and awake more during the day. She almost rolled from her back to her front yesterday She did it so she could see the tv better! Still sleeping well.
    We're now having issues with Nina. Her 2yr molars are cutting through, so giving her a lot of grief.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast