Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Morning ladies...how is everyone going?

The past few nights J has started sleeping longer, he goes down about 10-11pm and sleeps through until around 3:30/4am! However, I am still waking up around 1am expecting him to feed. He seems to be catching up with his growth spurts as it seems he has put on more weight this week. I'm going to weigh him tomorrow and we go back to the paed on Thursday to review everything.

He's become really vocal and active the last week or so too and loves talking to me, his toys and giggles alot. He's a real mummy's boy atm too, when the grandparents tried to cuddle him on the weekend, he screamed and stopped as soon as he was back in my arms. Will have to break him out of that habit!

We are going swimming today. I had ordered a swim nappy last week express post but it hadn't got here on Friday so I spent Saturday hunting around for a swim nappy and a rashy. For the Perth girls, I managed to find them at Beatty Park, they have a little shop in there. Exxy though. The rashy was $68 and the swim nappy $22 but that's ok cause they are a little too big for him so he will get some good use as he grows into them.

Hope you all have a lovely day with your little ones

Laranna, think Jack is a mummies boy too, as soon as he goes to someone else his eyes will open wide and he will be searching for me!! i dont mind though, dd is such a daddies girl so Jack can b mummies boy lol
    how was swimming?

Jodi- how is Emily's face now?

had CHN appt today and wow i have a chubby little man 7.3kgs!!! 62cms long. she was very happy with his development so im a happy mummy!

have a great day ladies

Swimming was great, he loved it and looked so cute in his little swim nappy and rashie. However, he did cry when we finished and were changing them, the baby next to him was crying. Joshua looked at her, then looked at me with his little sad face, then started bawling, it was so cute though the sad face he does.

Way to go Blanche and Jack on the growth! Do you get people saying he's a big baby? With Joshua, all people say is "oh he's so small!" It doesn't help either that he looks like an older baby. In fact sometimes he looks like an old man!

blanche - that's fantastic about his weight & height!! My friends 2 month old DS is 7.5kg, at 2 months!! He's a big boy though.

laranna - that's great that he enjoyed swimming. Emily will start at 6 months. I take Nina once a week, have since 6 months, and she's a fantastic swimmer now. Very confident in the pool. We have a pool at home, so I feel it's important for the girls to learn to swim.

Emily was really unsettled today. No idea why, but then she fell asleep at 2 this afternoon, and is still asleep. She didn't feed a lot either. It could be the teeth that are coming through. She has 2 up the top starting to break through ATM.

Jodi - yep I agree learning to swim is really important. As a kid I didn't get swimming lessons and as an adult today am not that great a swimmer myself. Once DS is 6 weeks he will be too old to come to the mums and bubs post natal aerobics so then he will start proper swimming lessons and daddy can take him then

Hopefully Emily is feeling more settled today. Ouchie on the teeth! A few weeks ago I thought Josh's teeth were coming through but I don't think they are now.

Everything else is going well here. With me, the past month or so my skin has become really really dry and still feels dry after slathering moisturiser all over myself. Not sure why this is, have never had dry skin this bad before.

hi ladies, laranna - i'm with you on the swimming, i never really got taught properly either but want Joey to be able to as I think its important. sounds like josh loved it. and good work on him putting on more weight, grow joshua grow.
    jodi - i hope emily's face is better and that she's a little more settled today. joseph has had a few of those lately too.
    joeys doing ok, we haven't weighed him lately but he is getting heavier, he's a bit of a porker too. he turned from his back to his side the other day a few times but i think he was showing off in front of his dad as he hasn't done it for me, he also doesn't like being on his belly cause everytime I try to give him time on it, he pushes himself back over lol.
    blanche - i've got a mummys boy too although he does show off for his dad on his mat which is funny, but still prefers to be with me, its nice to have that feeling though, i don't mind at all
    laranna he too has started chatting and laughing more, he laughs when i do this crazy dance for him, he's also been getting frightened easier lately too, i think its got to do with becoming more alert. I've just put my back out today lifting jo so i'm a bit worse for wear, got to see how it recovers tomorrow before i go see anyone
    anyway hi to everyone, its been a bit quiet in here lately I hope everyone is ok

klee - great to hear everything is going with Joey. I hope you recover from your sore back soon.
    laranna - do you think you'll take him swimming lessons occassionally after 6 months? I love taking Nina, and she loves it too. Living in Cairns, it's hot 9 months of the year, so we're always in our pool. We've taught Nina quite a lot at home and can't wait till it heats up so we can take Emily as well. I can see that Emily is going to be a water girl just like her big sister.
    As for dry skin, it could be changes in your hormones since having Josh, and breastfeeding as well. Maybe?? I know your body changes dramatically after having a baby.

Well Emily is back to her normal self today. We had a good night last night, and a good day today.
    Her face has completely cleared up and no scarring, thank goodness. That was my biggest worry, that she would scar from it all. The best way to describe it, is that the sunscreen ate her top layer of skin. It sounds awful, I know, but that's how it looked. And the dr's weren't sure if it would scar or not. That's why it was best for us to use no creams to treat it, just bathing it in water.
    I had to go down to the shops while DH was bathing the girls tonight as I needed eggs for Nina's b'day cake (it's her b'day tomorrow). And by the time I got back, The girls were dressed, and Emily was so tired she'd fallen asleep on the change table while getting dressed She was due for a feed, and I didn't want her to miss out on it, cause she'd probably wake at midnight wanting it, so I had to wake her. Thankfully she went straight back to sleep.
    Just waiting for the cake to cool so I can ice it.
    It's also our wedding anniversary tomorrow, 3 years DH is taking the day off work to spend it with me.

klee - I hope your back is feeling better soon

Jodi - yep we'll continue on with swimming lessons from 6 months, I am hoping DP will take him so that can be their time together but I am all up for it if DP doesn't want to. I've taken my nephew swimming lessons a couple times when his mum couldn't do it and it's heaps of fun

I weighed Joshua this arvo and he's put on another 400grams in the last week!! So, he's 4.48kg now, still got a bit of catching up to do but still about 1kg gain in 2 weeks is pretty good!

400g, that's fantastic!!
    I was comparing Emily's weight to Nina's weight at the same age. Nina was 5.5kg at 12 weeks, and Emily was 6.8kg. BIG difference!

Klee- hope your back gets better soon. I have been suffering with my back since being pregnant and having a fall and it just wont heal it makes it hard to pick Amelie up sometimes.

Jodi- I hope you have a great wedding anniversary! How nice of your DH to take the day off to be with you.

Laranna- Wow Josh is certainley going to catch up at this rate.

Amelie is going great we had our first weekend away last weekend and Amelie was so much better then expected she slept the whole 5hrs to and from Geraldton and slept pretty good at night only waking twice and it was the first time she had slept in her porta cot. We whent to visit my sister in law who just had a baby girl and she weighs more then Amelie did but I cant believe Amelie was ever that small let alone smaller. I cant believe how busy I am being a sahm I would never have to go back to work Thursday is the only day a week I dont have something on so I'm struggling to keep up with the house work (oh well). Amelie's personality is really coming out to she is so impatient when she is hungry or tired she just will cry till she gets what she wants before she would be happy to wait a bit but not now she wants it NOW! I think she gets that from me.

Hope eveyone is doing well!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA!!

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you Jodi - hope you all have a magical day

Happy Birthday to Nina to!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday Nina woo hoo the nig 2 lol!! and happy anniversery Jodi, hope your all having a great day

bbl later for personals

jodi - happy belated birthday nina, hope she had a wonderfully fantastic day and happy anniversary to you too.
    laranna - another wooohooo on Joshua's weight gain, thats fantastic, good work Josh, keep it up little man, soon we'll be calling you big man lol
    kristale - joey's personality has changed too, he sounds a lot like Amelie, he'll cry with real tears when he wants something, cause I don't like seeing him with real tears. fantastic that you also got the chance to go away and that amelie was good. also on the busy sahm i know that feeling i barely get the chance to be at home too, and if i do i find myself taking a walk to get out of the house anyway, chores schmores, they can wait til the weekend when df can do them lol
    df left teh computer home today, i was meant to be visiting a friend about an hour away but woke up with my back worse then yesterday, so a rare staying at home day today. joey had a tough night too, poor little one had wind so was awake every hour and a half, funnily i don't feel tired but i think its the back pain thats taken away from anything else i am feeling. his personality is coming out too, he's generally a happy boy so when he's upset it upsets me, oh i better go there's real tears

klee - aren't those real tears awful in that it really tugs at the heartstrings! Josh has taken to the tears if someone else is cuddling him, he only wants to be with me or his daddy atm. Real mummy's boy lately.

We saw the paed today and she is really happy with his weight gains. He has put on another 100grams since Tuesday and now weighs 4.58kg - that is a total gain of 1.11kg in two and a half weeks!! We are going back to the paed in 6 weeks for another review.

It's such a relief to see him finally growing

This week he has also been sleeping through from around 10-10:30pm to 4am and last night he went right through to 5:30am!! Hope he's making a habit of this!

For the Perth ladies - not sure if I can make the meet-up tomorrow...

woo hoo on another great weight gain Joshua!!

aww hope u can make it tomorrow Laranna

Hope you can make it tomorrow Laranna otherwise I'm sure there will be another time. It is so nice when they start to sleep longer isnt it.

Well I was hoping to make it to the Perth meetup today but I don't have the car today It would have been a nice outing at Kings Park especially with this sunny weather. Hope you girls enjoy! And I will definitely be at the next one.

Joshua slept from 10:30 until 6:30 this morning!! :woot: I have not had a full nights sleep in months!! It feels good I feel like bouncing off the walls...hehe

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast