Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

WTG Joshua, on the sleeping AND the massive weight gain. You must be very relieved laranna, that he's putting on weight.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes for Nina, and for the congrats to DH & I. We had a good day. We took Nina to kindy and I made a cake for her. DH & I had a lovely day at home with just us & Emily.

Hey, I'm new to the boards and I have a little girl who was born on the 8th May...
    Was just wondering if I could join in chatting with you guys???

Hi booseyboose, welcome to BB! Of course you are welcone to join in our chats

booseyboose! Welcome to BellyBelly and congratulations on the birth of your DD. What is her name?

How is everyone going? Emily had me up waaaaay too early today. She woke at 4am, so I fed her, but she wouldn't go back to sleep. DH finally put her back to bed at around 6am. But I couldn't sleep last night till around midnight, so I only had 4 hours sleep! Then Nina woke at around 6.30. DH was still here, but getting ready for work. He got her brekkie ready and put the cartoons on and I stayed in bed. She finally dragged me out of bed at 7.30 for more brekkie.
    It's been a while since Emily woke at that hour. I'm thinking maybe because we were out a fair bit yesterday and she didn't really get a chance to have a roll around on the floor at any stage. So she must have had too much energy. I'm glad though that she was at least happy, even if I wasn't!

Thanks for the welcome.
    Baby girl's name is Madeleine. or Maddie!

Im just really pleased that Maddie is sleeping through the night. I know it can't last forever... but at the moment it is great!

That's great that she's sleeping through for you. Madeleine is a gorgeous name. Did you have a good labour & recovery? And how big was she at birth?
    Emily was 8lb at birth, she came a day early. I had a 6 hour drug free birth and an excellent recovery.
    If we have another, and it's another girl, we'll most likely call her Maddison, or Maddi for short.

welcome booseyboose and congrats on your little maddie and that she's sleeping through.
    hi ladies, laranna josh just keeps getting bigger and bigger, you must be thrilled.
    jodi - i hope you've recovered from your unsettled night
    we had two weeks a few weeks ago where joey was sleeping 8 hours but thats gone out the window again, he's back to 4 to 5 hours at the max. I'm actually not too bothered about it, i'm not waking up tired so I'm happy for him to do what he likes. df has been working really long hours and not spending much time with him or us, so last night he tells me he wants me to wake him up during the night to burp jo so thats going to come in handy, not that I think he needs to he has to work all day. we are off to drs this arvo as he's got a bit of a cold, i know there is nothing that can be done for him but just want to get him checked out cause he's next maternal health visit is not til september.
    just want to share something as i think its so cute, joey has this wooden musical frog that he absolutely loves, all he needs to do is see it and he stops everything (crying/screaming included) and just smiles and laughs, it melts me, and comes in very handy to stop him crying.
    just wondering what is everyones bubs up to? i just would like to compare how joey is doing, as I really don't know and I honestly don't think he's that strong. who is rolling from tummy to back and/or vice versa. anything else that they are doing would help. thanks ladies

jodi - have you heard how chrissy is?

Jodi - bugger about the sleep! I hope she decides to crash for you today

klee - I've been wondering the same thing. Josh doesn't seem to be strong yet. He isn't lifting his head yet when he's on his tummy. The paed said not to worry just yet because he was 3 weeks early so he still has a bit longer to get it AND the fact that he was so underweight for awhile (still is) so he has to build up his muscles.

He has rolled from his back onto his right side a few times though but I think it's all just a fluke

Every chance I get he goes on the floor on his belly. So he gets about 30 minutes 3-4 times a day of tummy time.

Went swimming again yesterday and he still loves it. I get a few grins and afterwards he goes straight to sleep in the pram, stays asleep in the car all the way home!

laranna - wait until he is going to swimming lessons, he'll sleep for hours afterwards! I used to love that part.

klee - I haven't heard from Chrissy, but a friend of mine has. She's still in mourning, as are the kids apparently. Poor thing. The money that has been raised will get to her this week, and a cloth nappy company have donated some nappies to her for Caitlin & Liam. There have also been heaps of people offering to mow her lawns etc.

Emily is rolling from back to belly. She hates tummy time, so I don't push it as she has strong neck muscles. She loves sitting up, and can sit unsupported for a few seconds. She's a lot different to Nina. Nina wasn't doing any of this stuff until at least 5 months. I think it helps that Emily has a big sister around, so she's probably keen to get up and moving so she can play with her.

Welcome booseyboose and congrats on your little girl!

Amelie just started pushing herself up when she is on her tummy and does it every time now but still isnt keen on tummy time and no rolling as yet. She holds all her weight on her legs now we just keep her balanced she has very strong legs. We went fo our first swim on Saturday adn she really like it and was so tired afterwards to it must use alot of their energy.
    Amelie has beeen waking at 4am for the last two lasts I think its a growth spurt beacause she is hungry then goes straight back to sleep. She drank over double her normal amount at 2pm as well.

Welcome Booseyboose

Jack will still roll onto his tummy from back has done since 2 weeks old, goes onto his side from back but not to his belly yet. he pushes himself up pretty well when on his tummy. he will also sit unsupported for a few moments i think he really wants to be moving though so he can play with his big sis! hes giggling heaps now and talking lots hes very cheeky!

Sounds like all your bubbas are getting moving!

Joshua has started to lose his hair!! Yesterday morning and this morning, it was all soft and fluffy sticking up, it normally lays flat. And today if I stroked my fingers over his head, his hair would come out. I've been putting it all together and am going to save it, hehe. He looks so funny now cause the top of his head is nearly bald now but he has the same amount of hair around the back.

I spent ages tickling him on the floor earlier and he just giggled the whole time. So cute

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    That's great that she's sleeping through for you. Madeleine is a gorgeous name. Did you have a good labour & recovery? And how big was she at birth?
    Emily was 8lb at birth, she came a day early. I had a 6 hour drug free birth and an excellent recovery.
    If we have another, and it's another girl, we'll most likely call her Maddison, or Maddi for short.
    I had a long labour, (a day and a half) ending in a caesar. Which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually. I thought i would be in ALOT more pain and for longer. I spent 5 days in hospital and when I came home i took panadol once and then forgot to take it again!!! I only stayed the 5 days cause I didn't have breastfeeding down pat. I was ready to go home 3 days after she was born.
    Maddie came on her due date, very good girl... nice and prompt! She was born at 12.15am on the 8th, so just on her due date. My OB thought she'd be here on the 7th... but no! She was 7 pound 12, 51 cm. And SO adorable!!!

ooohhh... got to go, Maddie is crying!

hey my name is Chloe i have just joined here and was hoping to be able to join in here. I have a little girl named Cailin she was born on the 1st of May only just at 2 minutes past midnight. I see most of your bubs are sleeping through the night it would be great to get some tips on how to help cailin sleep through the night as she is still waking at around 3 or 4 am and then up nearly every hour until about 7am. I hope to chat to you all soon better be off i have to get on a plane at 5 in the morning to go home from adelaide.

hi Chloe,
    It is tiring and frustrating when they don't sleep. My coping strategy from day 1 has been to expect that I will have to get up several times during the night. I never hoped each night that I would get a long sleep, and even now Josh has been sleeping through I still go to bed expecting I have to get up.

So, I'm not sure what I've done to make him sleep through lately. The only different thing I've done this week is put him in a sleeping bag instead of wrapping.

I hope your plane trip is good with the little one!

Chloe!! Congrats on your little girl. As for sleeping through, to be honest I have no idea how I managed that one. My frist DD Nina didn't sleep through till she was 6 months old. She was feeding every 3 hours around the clock. We tried everything to get her to sleep through, but nothing worked. But Emily is completely different.

booseyboose - that's great that you had a fantastic recovery after your c/s. And what a good little girl for coming on her due date. You don't hear of many babies arriving on their due date.

Not much happening here at the moment, I got a video of Emily giggling yesterday to show DH. She hasn't done that for him yet, so he loved seeing the video last night.

gotta run, got visitors.
    Last edited by Visitor7; August 28th, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Hi one & all,

have finally managed to get back on here. I changed email addresses weeks ago and for some reason my account got de-activated!!! Was absolutely shattered thinking that I must have done something terribly wrong for BB to kick me off!
    But have finally got a reply back from the mods to say that all is fixed so here I am.

Have missed all the mums & bubs goss so much but am back on board now.

We have been going great here so far. Macey is a fab baby and is sleeping through every night. Goes to bed bout 7:30pm then I get her up for last fed round 10-10:30pm then back to bed till 8am. Occassionaly might get up just to put dummy back in but thats been about all. Can't believe how lucky I've been this time as 18mo DS is still not a good sleeper. I'm sure it has nothing to do with what the parents do as to whether your baby will sleep all night or not- think its just the babies themselves. They will either be good at it or not.

Am still BF and all going well there. Macey hasn't put on anywhere near as much weight as Harry did at the same age but MCHN said that as long as she is happy and sleeping well that it is nothing to be worried about- she might just not be a porky bub like her brother was.

Last weigh in was last week @ 15weeks and she was 5270g & 59cm length. How is this compare to the other little girls in the group??

Man have soooooo many posts to catch up so will try and trail thru them all over the next few days. Have I missed any major goss/dramas over the last month?

Only bad thing to report here, is that I have to now have my gallbladder removed via keyhole surgery asap!! Had first gallstone attack when I was 35weeks pg and have had several nasty ones since then. I apparently have multiple stones so they say they are best to take out the whole gall bladder. Have no idea how I am going to manage this with a shiftworking husband with no holidays and 2 kids under 19mo & still BF of all things

ok apols for long post- have really missed you guys- so glad to be back here again :-)

hey beck, great to see you back here again!! That's great that Macey is sleeping through. Does she always wake at around 10pm, or do prefer to do that feed then? As for weight, at 12 weeks Emily was 6.8kg. She's around 7.5kg now, maybe closer to 8kg. I'm not sure about length though. She's very different to Nina with the weight, Nina was a lot smaller at this age.

ETA:
    When do you go in for surgery, and how long will the recovery be?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast