Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 1-15 2008

It has been great to read through all your experiences and suggestions in this thread.

Still having unsettled nights this week and Joshua is back sleeping in the pram. He doesn't seem to want to settle after feeds and especially won't settle in his cot. He's feeding every 2-3 hours and occassionally he will go for 4 hours without a feed or sometimes even just 1.5 hours which can be really hard at night by the time I change him, feed him and settle him, he wants another feed. A few times I have just let him fall asleep on my chest while I am propped up myself in bed or on the couch, it's the only way we both get some sleep at times but I don't really like doing this for the safety reasons. DP has been great and will get up and try to settle him so I can get some sleep between feeds.

I find it amazing you all can sleep with bubs in your room I find I constantly have one eye open and I hear every movement I had to move Amelie to her room which I hadnt planned to do until later on. But I just wasnt getting any sleep. She is happy with the move to so I guess I am lucky.
    Does anyone elses bub struggle to stay awake? Amelie seems to be extra sleepy she only wakes twice during the night and during the day struggles to stay awake after a feed.
    I have been told she will wake up in the next or so she is only 15 days old. But she is being so contented I am waiting for it to all fall apart.

Kristale - my little man was a sleepy head for the first 2 weeks. I had to constantly wake him up when he was feeding as he'd fall asleep on the boob after a few minutes. Then it seems smack bang on the 2 week mark he "woke up" and it's hard to settle to him especially at night. He just wants to cry and be held. Fingers crossed for you that your little one remains contented!

ooh hope i havnt spoken to soon then!

Kristale - I have a very content little baby too. My first one was terrible but Elena seems to spend her days feeding, sleeping and gazing around with very little fuss. Hopefully, we're both just lucky and our little princesses will stay happy and content. I couldn't sleep with Izzy in our bedroom long either but I don't seem to have the same problem with Elena. Maybe its the second baby thing when you're not so stressed about every noise, or maybe its just that I'm so exhausted I sleep through it, or maybe its because my DH's snoring drowns out any noises she makes!!

Hi to everyone else. Sorry, no personals today. I've now had three nights with almost no sleep and am so whacked. I went to an LC yesterday about the attachment issues I'm having with Elena and while I was holding her wrong (with the new hold its much better), I have Raynards (sp?) in my nipples, which is what is giving me so much pain. I have it in my hands too, but never knew it could be a breast thing. The great news is that my little princess has put on a whopping 480grams in 2 weeks and 2 days!!! There has to be some pay off for so many feeds. This breastfeeding caper is obviously working much better for Elena that it ever did for poor little Iz. Just call me Buttercup the Cow from now on!

Will try to get back later for personals but am off for a shower now while my girls are sleeping peacefully - getting them to sleep at the same seems to be a bit of a minor miracle at the moment. Have a lovely weekend everyone - sleepy baby vibes to all bubs.

Ok i think its time i joined this group.

Like Lulu & Beth i went through in the april belly group and also like Lulu my little girl was very stubborn and decided to not come on her due date of 28th april and she waited until the 12th May just to frustrate her mummy i am sure!

So my Little Molly was born on the 12th May and was 14dys overdue. She was my successful VBA2C (vaginal birth after two c-secs). I was very happy with our achievements. Molly is my 7th bub, i have a DS17, DD14, DD10 (almost 11), DD8, DD6, DS 17mths and now Molly.

I know a couple of you and i look forward to geting to know the rest of you as we go along. I have been in the april babies group as thats where most of the ladies are that i went through PG with but it is a huge group and obviously with Molly taking so long to make her appearance everyone else is kind of not where we are at! So as much as its gret to chat with them all they are all at different points with their bubbas.

So here i am and for those who dont know me you will learn that i like to have a chat!

So far Molly has had good and bad nights. It seems she will have a good night which is usually 9pm feed, 1am feed and 8ish am feed. Or it could be 10pm 2am 8or 9am these are her good nights. Then we have her bad nights which are still 4hrly but they knock me fora six! Last night was a 4hrly so hopefully tonight is 6 or 7hrs. Other than that she is a good bub, she was 3670gms born (8lb 1 & 1/2oz) then we left hospital day 2 and she was 3412gms which they say is not the average 10%weight loss as it was a day 2 and not day 3weight, anyway took her to CH on the 21st and she weighed in at 3750gms so that was a total weight gain of 338gms in 7dys.

Lulu it sounds like Elena is truly thriving on BF, well done hun thats awesome.

Kristale I find it easy having bub in my room too, i am the opposite to you i wouldnt sleep if they weren't in the room. So i say which ever way works for you thats the way to go!

Laranna Molly can be unsettled after feeds too, mainly the 1 or 2am feed though! Thats the one feed i wish she would just go straight back to sleep, but sometimes it takes me about an hour to get her settled after that feed

My DH started back at work today, so far all is good, i even managed to go to town and get some groceries!!!
    Hi to everyone else i look forward to catching up.

Great to have you here Kat!! I enjoyed sharing your pregnancy journey with you, so glad we can baby buddies.
    Miss Molly weighed close to what Emily weighed at birth, Emily was 8lb. She feeds very similarily to Emily as well. Emily's night time feeds seem to be 8pm, midnight then 5/6am most nights.

Well slowly getting things organised at home now. As long as I can keep on top of the housework, then everything runs smoothly. But I've found if I let the housework slip for a day, then it'll take me 2 days to get re-orgnanised!!!
    Emily is doing really well, she's so chubby. At the beginning of the week she was 4.21kg, but I'll be betting she's at least 4.5kg now, she's starting to get very heavy. Her hair is becoming very light too. She was born with almost black curly hair, and DH and I are natural blondes, she must be the postmans baby

Sorry no personals, in the middle of getting dinner organised.

Sorry to intrude ladies, but...

Lulu, Jodie and Kat I miss you girls, but hope to check up on you all every so often. I think I would have preferred a split group too as it is just so hard to keep up with all the posts in the April group especially if you miss a day, or god forbid 2 LOL

Hello mums!

Well, I haven't got round to posting at all until now, but I just had to report that last night Sophia slept for 6 HOURS STRAIGHT! It was amazing! And geez were my boobies sore by that point.

She's doing really well; putting on lots of weight (very chubby cheeks!) and is starting to make little gurgley noises on purpose! (Rather than the normal involuntary ones).

Today we're off on a big trip to visit the grandparents, which should go well, as she loves the car.

I have had a few tough days/nights over this month, but generally, I'm loving being a mum.

Hope you're all doing well.

Jodi oh good another person i know , its funny iwas concerned about joining the may babies group as i thought i wouldn't know anyone! So it has been a pleasant surprise coming in and finding you all.
    I know what you mean about the housework, my Mum got on top of my washing while i was in Brisbane having Molly and we were keeping on top of it once we came home but i left it for a couple of days last week and wow i have heaps to catch up on now! Some days my house looks great other days i would hate for anybody to come over!!!!

Beth Thats great that Sophia let you have 6hrs! Shes a little cutie! Hope the trip to the grandparents goes well. I know i was concerned the day we left the hospital in Brisbane to come home i was concerned how Molly would go, but she was great, she slept for the whole 3hr trip! Which was great cause i was hanging to see the kiddies at home ( i hadnt seen them for a week! ) The only other time we had been away from them was our honeymoon 4yrs ago, and i have never been away from Mitchie for more than an hour, so it was great that we didnt have to stop..

Sharon i will still pop in to catch up with you in the april group, but i find it hard to keep up in there as the april group is massive. Feel free to pop in here anytime too, as its great to hear how Oliver is going too. I checked out your pics that you and BF did, they are soooo cute!

Well Molly had a good night last night, she fed at 9pm in bed by 11pm ( so was I) then fed just after 4am and stayed in bed with mummy from the 4am feed and slept well. So will be interesting to see what she does tonight.
    Quick question if anyone can help. Molly has this white stuff on her tongue and nowhere else, it doesnt look like thrush so iam a bit baffled. It doesn't seem to be bothering her but i am going to take her to docs anyway as i have no idea what it is! When my others had thrush they had it all through their mouths and it was patchy, but this is just on the tongue and it looks thick. Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated, but if not i will let you know once i get her into docs.
    Hope you are all having a great weekend

We had such a bad night last night. It seems whenever we go out during the day, I really pay for it at night. I don't know how to get around that? I can't exactly hide at home forever just cause she doesn't like going out. I didn't get her settled and asleep till midnight, then she woke for a feed at 3am, then again at 6am Only bonus was that she wasn't attached to my boob while she was unsettled, she didn't want a feed. Didn't want anything really, just wanted to have a whinge.
    She seems to be a bit windy too, and loves sleeping on her tummy. I'm not too sure about the tummy sleeping, but don't know what to do about it? Any suggestions?

kat - the white thing, no idea. Emily had something similar, which I initially thought was thrush, but it wasn't, and it didn't bother her, but it's gone away now.

beth - that's great that Sophia slept 6 hours straight! I hope she keeps that up. I love her name BTW.

Quick one from me - we're off to Bunnings. DTD is not happening yet so poor DH feels deprived and a trip to Bunnings is the next best thing!!

Kat - Elena has the white stuff too. I had her at the lactation consultant on Friday and she said that unless I get thrush symptoms then to just ignore it. Was told to look out for little white spots on the soft parts of Elena's mouth (not the hard roof) and if she gets them to ring back and they'll tell me what to get from the chemist. Hoping like Emily's it will go away soon enough on its own.

Jodi & Lulu thanks for that it gives me some reassuance to know others have had it too. Will still get doc to check it or CHN if i cant get into doc before wednesday as we see her then.

Lulu PMSL at bunnings being the next best thing to DTD I wont tell my DH that or he will use that excuse too. I told my DH he never getting it again, i dont need any more little surprises! Mind you i wouldn't give this one up either

Jodi i wonder if Emily just gets very windy when you are out & about? Have you got gripe water or even maybe just a bottle of boiled water and give her that once you get home to try and get excess wind up before putting her to bed. If its not a wind issue than maybe Emily is just not very social! Seriously though if not wind i got no idea!
    Mitchie used to be the opposite we had to go out at least one a day or he would be cranky as the next day!
    As for the tummy sleeping Molly is a little bit the same, but i have convinced her that her side is just as good! Still not sure about side sleeping but its better than tummy, and back when i had my first we were told to sleep them on their sides so i guess if it didnt harm the others she should be fine too, and they have those wedges and anti roll cusions to keep them in place now days. I must get one since thats how she sleeps.
    Have you tried Emily on her side? Might work for her too!

Well i have had to go out twice today to take DS to work and pick him up.. PITA really but i guess these are the joys of being a mum! Thankfully DH made a stew in the slow cooker last night before he went to bed so at least i dont have to cook tea tonight. Thnkfully Molly has been a good girl ad hasnt wanted a feed til i got home both times..
    I best be going to do the baths now and get the fire going, finish feeding Molly, fold washing and dish up dinner! Then DH should be home and i can relax a bit!

Katstribe- Amelie also has the white on her tongue. I thought it was beacause she has just started on formula? But obviously that is not the case with eveyone else BF.
    Beth- 6hrs of sleep how great !
    We took Amelie out for the first time last night to a family bbq. I felt so bad dragging her out at night in the cold. She didnt sleep the whole time but didnt cry at all just layed in her pram gazing and grunting and enjoying cuddles from the grandparents.
    My little sweetheart. It has been great to have DH not at work this weekend he has been getting up during the night which has been a nice break and he really enjoys it. It is amazing how quickly he has taken to being a doting new Dad.

Yeah I tried her on her side, didn't like it, but I might try it again. I'm really not comfortable with her sleeping on her belly. I bought some Infants Friend which I tried on her this afternoon, and it seemed to work quite quickly and effectively.

kat - I think it's just that she doesn't want to be very social!! I don't have any plans to go out in the next couple of days, so I'll see what difference that makes.

lol lulu about going to Bunnings to make DH happy! We were very naughty and DTD a couple of days after I came home from hospital, and my dr got up me cause I should wait 6 weeks due to infection, blah blah blah. ooopsie!

kristale - that's great Amelie wasn't too bothered with going out in the cold last night.

Jodi - can you try covering Emily over when you go out so she can't see anything? Sounds cruel, but I found Izzy just got so over stimulated when we went out that I instituted a rule that only 2 different people got cuddles on any one outing, no passing backwards and forwards and she spent a lot of time in her pram with a wrap over it to block out all the different sights. It seemed to work for her and she stayed a lot calmer when we got home, otherwise it took hours and hours to settle her.

Kristale - that's great you got to go out and enjoy yourself without having any bad effects on Amelie. I'm all for going out as much as you can - keeps you sane!

Kat - how is Mitchie adjusting to not being your baby anymore? I guess he's that bit older than Iz so he might be able to comprehend better? Also having older siblings might help. I'm wondering if Izzy will ever stop trying to poke Elena's eyes out and pull her legs off!

Beth - lucky you with 6 hours. I'm very jealous! And yay for enjoying being a mum. Its such a huge change to your life so its brilliant you're loving it.

Well, Bunnings seemed to work - DH is a bit happier but boy the conversation frequently ends up having sexual undertones!! I am going to have to just do it soon I think - needs to be soon so he can have it once and I will know that I can't possibly get pregnant!! Jodi - you're amazing DTD so quickly. It has been the very last thing on my mind throughout most of my pregnancy and after Elena's birth (hence a very unhappy DH!). Let's hope your DH and mine never speak or else I'm really going to look like a bad wife.

I thought I'd better give him some relief as I had terrible thrush during the last trimester so there was no DTD for us! Plus I had a great labour, and even better recovery. But I don't want to end up pg, so I don't think we'll be naughty again any time soon. He's had his fix for a month or so now
    Glad DH enjoyed his Bunnings trip. Did you let him spoil himself?

The thing with Emily is that she slept pretty much the whole time we were out, and only I was holding her. I can't remember the early days with Nina, so not sure if we went through this or not. It's just a blur with her.
    Last night was just as bad as the night before. Again, it was midnight by the time she went to sleep. But then she slept 6 hours before waking for a feed, then another 3.5 hours. So at least I caught up on sleep then. And MIL is over ATM playing with Nina. So I'm chilling out on the lounge watching the midday movie and playing on the net. Emily is sleeping.

Hi all,
    just popping in while I've got a few spare minutes of peace in the house. Have managed to get Macey & DS both off to sleep at same time so the place is lovely and quiet.

Have been popping in most days to catch up on posts but haven't had time to post anything myself. Gald to see that everyone is doing well. macey is going well and sill feeding like a train. She put on 350gm last week alone so health nurse is happy too.

She is a pretty cruisy bub compared to what DS was, but think that our bout of sleep thru's might have gone AWOL for now. Was nice for the few nights it lasted anyway. Night feeds have been going from 8:30-11pm constantly nibbling then normally goes thru to 3:30am and then not again till 7:30-8am-ish which isn't too bad. Am trying to feed duringt he day at least every 3hrs to keep her topped up. Last few nights though, shes been bit unsettled after 3:30am feed. Hiccups seem to get the better of her and really gives her (& me) the shi*s int he middle of the night.

Have had DS (16mo) sick with a throat infection so last night was the first night ina week that he had slept thru- got onto antibiotics and seems to be getting better now.

Also thought I'd be good to DH this morning and finally DTD after a 3 week wait. Definitley wasn't anything special but was good to have it over and done with for the first time again. Probably would have done it sooner as I recovered really quickly but we haven't been able to coordinate us being alone together for long enough at a time. He'd go to bed early and I'd be up feeding then he gets up with DS int e mornings and I get to lay in bed for longer. The logistics of the whole drama are much harder with 2 kiddies in the house now thats for sure!

Ok had better go and vaccuum while I have the chance as the house looks like bomb has hit it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast