Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Morning Mummas,

Not sure if any of you follow the previous thread (some of our girls from our belly budies group and in the 1-15 May) I frequently read up about there bubs etc and was sadened to read this.....

Some of you will remember Chrissy from our belly buddies. Well unfortunately her DH passed away last night. Please keep her and their children in your thoughts.
    Posted by Jodi
    Thought i'd let you girls know. I feel aweful this morning after reading this. Poor chrissy. My thoughts are with her and all the kids.

I had intentions of posting other stuff but id just doesnt seem relevant now.

NaNa- sounds like things are starting to work out for you. Glad to hear your getting some sleep.

Well best be off, am going to send a PM to Chrissy.....

Thanks for letting the girls in here know Jess. I was going to, but my laptop went flat this morning.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't popped in for a while & come in to see this news. Soo sad

Juliette has gotten herself into a little routine which will explain my absence... From 7.30am to 7.30pm she plays for 1/2 an hour, feeds, plays for 1/2 an hour, sleeps for an hour. So we're still on two hourly feeds or close to & she's awake for half the time in between. It's getting very hard to do anything during the day as she wants me close. She was also having trouble self settling so I'd spend 15 minutes settling every time. I tried the Fisher Price aquarium yesterday we got & she likes to watch it watch it as she dozes off. I just have to keep reminding myself, at least she sleeps over night.

so sad to hear about chrissy's husband my thoughts r with her

jayda is on 3 to 4 hrs feeds. i have finally got her up to 150ml bottles. b4 she was having about 50mls every hr it was driving me insane lol.
    i dont knwo wat i am doing wrong during the day but with her sleep. she only has 10min naps here and there. everyone else seems to be doing bigger sleeps and she will only sleep in her swing or bouncer during the day she wont sleep in the cot or porta cot when i am at work. she is awake most of the day and doesnt usually bother her. some days by the arvo she is over tired and a little poo but most of the time it is fine.

i have had the flu again is it hit me really hard this time. DH was at the footy last ngiht then stayed at his parents cause he had a few drinks and was easier to leave for work from their this morning. so i had a cranky bubba and i coudl hardly move i was that sick so it wasnt the best night for him to not be home. i ended up messaging him askin him to see if his mum could drop him home. i get a message back a hr later telling me that his mum said no. i was so p!ssed off. none of his family work and they never help us out.

That's such sad news about Chrissy's DH... I feel terrible now. Does anyone know how? My thoughts are with her and her family.

Sassy - you poor thing! I hope you recover soon. And I hope for your sake you can get some support from elsewhere, as your DH's family don't seem to be doing much for you that's positive! If I were nearby I would be round there with hot soup, hugs and a helping hand so you could relax for a moment and help Jayda to sleep. We all need some help like that sometimes (or all the time!!) and it should come from family, but it's not often the case, sadly.

It's real hard work getting the feed-play-sleep thing happening, and maintaining it. It takes a lot of effort, time and patience (oooh and we have loads of that, don't we?? LOL!), and I'm only just managing to get Aadi to take slightly longer daytime naps now. Disruptions to the routine are so detrimental too! He was happy to be awake all day, but it was driving me nuts! I'm finding, however, that it's working better doing it slightly different - quick feed-play-longer feed-sleep. Also, keeping a sleep diary has been useful, so I can basically predict when is a good time to go out, or do my chores and get some work done. I'm making the most of the time I have, and it actually makes me feel better to be more organised! Can't let the chaos take over (I'm SO good at chaos!). I'm usually really bad at structure and organisation, so this has been hard, but it's paying off and we're finally getting some decent sleep. 3 nights in a row now we've had 6-7 hours straight, followed by another 3. Still not self-settling, really, but getting there...

Hope you're all having a good day with your little people!

NaNa- Chrissy's DH had heart bypass surgury i think last yr and hasnt been well the last few months if my memory is correct... I read in another post today that he was in ICU on life support few days ago and passed away this morning or yesterday. Poor Chrissy has all the kids to look after now and also with a new bubba... Its just so sad...

Nana- you sound like your getting quite organised... God im still just taking things as they come... very hectic but with DP doing nights 1 weeks and days the next its hard to settle into anything much.

Sass- Great to see you've popped in... Hope you start feeling better soon... know what its like to have no help when ur sick... try chucking up and bfing. not nice,.....lol as for the cat naps I hear u... tiahna goes maybe 15-20 min MAX... usually 10 mins or so but is so damn grumpy in between... hands always in her mouth, drool everywhere, fussing, crying screaming at times. its a constant headache... her cheeks are bright red so not sure if its teething. The colic is at its peak ATM also... ur lucky Jayda is fine even when she's awake...

Sarah - i read ur post and thought it was my own... juliette and Tiahna seem to have similar issues.
    It's getting very hard to do anything during the day as she wants me close.....I just have to keep reminding myself, at least she sleeps over night.
    I second this also... As soon as i step out of the same room its like Tiahna knows somehow... if she's asleep she wakes if she's awake she screams... its like she needs that constant eye contact with me... its a disaster... and so's the house at the moment. This morning i have just managed to do a load of laundry unload and reload the dishwasher... sweep and mop the tiles and thats it... and its taken me all day to get to them... I'm feeding every 2 hours... feeling like a dairy cow...my supply should be amazing but its not... need another boost of maxalon (which i mentioned weeks ago and still havent gotten around to getting... i had her weighed with the AHN and her weight is the same as last week... still having wet nappies and poo's but no gain... (not sure if its the diff scales or not????)

oh ladies sorry to hear some of you are having rough times with bubs sleeping lets hope things improve shortly.
    Liam is pretty good even though he is sick with cold, very snotty and has a gunky eye. He is still feeding 4-5 hrly thru the day and doing a 6-8 hr stretch over night. I am worried though that I will not be able to get him to feed at 7am each morning when I need to go to work. I am back in 2 1/2 weeks and our feeds as changing daily. Today we are on 8,12,4,8 and then whenever he wakes next. Yesterday we were 7 11 3 7 and then he went to 4am which is how we got onto 8am feed this morning. As i need to leave for work at 7.15 I need to feed him at 7 just before i leave... I hope we can get in order or I will need to tell work i will start when i get there and just do the 8 hrs from then. They are pretty flexable so that should be ok.

Chrissy sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with your family.
    take care everyone

From what I know, Chrissy's DH had a heart attack some time last year, s omaybe it was something t odo with that? I'm not sure though.

This was the post from Maz yesterday
    As you would know if you knew Chrissy, her hubby had a heart by pass late last year.
    He hasnt been well over the last few week's and this after noon I recieved a text from Chrissy
    Looks like my memory hadnt failed me... Craig hadnt been well... Its such sad news dont know how i'd cope with out my DP.

Deancey- fingers crossed things work out with Liams feeds... Were still taking things as they come... Your lucky to have him feeding every 4 hours...

i know i'm probably sounding ungrateful given that Tiahna is sleeping for 8-9 hours at night but i wish she'd feed a little less often or sleep more. I wouldnt mind if the awake time was spent with her being happy or just playing but the only happy time we have with her is first thing in the morning she will play and talk for ages then gets grumpy within 45min-1 hour so i feed her then she's happy but then its like never ending grumpy, feed, play, sook, feed sleep for 10 mins, play for 10 mins, the sook, sook, feed, play for 5 mins, sook, sook, feed... its doing my head in... with DP on nights trying to keep the 2 kids quiet so he can sleep is a nitemare... tomorrow i'll have to go out... today Tiahna sooked all damn day- nothing i did would stop her except booby. she wasnt even drinking most of the time just comfort sucking... her colic is dreadful, were onto the donnalix as the infants friend isnt working, her pains are so bad i feel like i sould give her panadol for the discomfort... she's grunting and fussing, kicking and fighting herself in pain... i know its the peak period of the colic but its doing my head in... Jordan has taken like 10 steps backwards this week... He has NEVER had an accident and today he was playing outside and comes to the door saying Oh Oh... i turn to see him wet his pants... Then not even an hour later he poops them... like ****!!! The house is a mess, i feel like a man with my hairy legs, i'm barely having time to go to the loo myself. I just wish jordan was better behaved and instead of doing things like that for attention he'd just come and talk to me... instead he's acting out, misbehaving, crying like a baby when you ask him to do things he normally would.

anyways Tiahna is screaming once again... another 11 oclock bed time for me i think... she was asleep but as usual woke up when i put her down. were still trying the controlled crying but its not working tonight.

Hope everyone else is well, i realy feel aweful whinging when poor chrissy has just lost her hubby... it all seems so irelevant and my problems seem so insignificant- i just feel like i should shut up and deal with it. things could be worse....

deancey - you're lucky that when you go back to work that they will at least be flexible with your start times. It sucks that you have to go back so soon, but at least you can have that option to start when you get there, not at a strict set time. Hopefully you and Liam will get a set routine happening with the feeds when it suits you both, but don't push it. Babies just have NO concept of time, do they?? haha!

Jess, you have every right to vent and complain (though you aren't really). You need an outlet for the frustration, and that's exactly what this forum is here for. Every bit helps, as long as it gets you communicating and not bottling it up inside and feeling guilty or something silly like that. You're doing it tough, and I give you credit for dealing with 2 kids who are both at difficult stages in their little lives at the same time! I can't really offer any advice (I'm a newbie at this mum business!) but I can certainly offer sympathy and support. I hope you can find something that works for you and your kids, and it will all be sorted and over with soon. Remember it's just a phase, and it will pass. There will come a day soon that you will be able to look back with pride at how well you coped with such a crazy time.
    Nothing compares to Chrissy's situation, it's heartbreaking and tragic. I have no idea how anyone could find the strength to carry on when something so sad happens, for themselves, let alone their kids, but that's what so many mothers all over the world have to go through so often. So many times I hear guys saying they're the strong ones (my ex husband was always [email protected] on about it - hence the "ex" bit!) but they often don't have half the strength it takes to be a mother, let alone the courage to be a woman in this world! My heart goes out to Chrissy and her kids.
    so whinge away. There will always be another woman who understands, or will at least listen to you. And usually there will be someone around here who will have some good advice.

I should remember this is not my personal blog and rack off now... there's laundry to be done! And the stupid laundry fairy got all feminist and militant, started a fairy's rights movement and shacked up with the kitchen fairy, so now I have to do it myself.

OMG i can't believe Chrissy's DH poor thing i feel so sorry for those kids too, My thoughts are with Chrissy and her family.

Wow its been so long since i have been in here.

Lachlan's behaviour is much better now, both of the boys are just getting over the flu, it's been really bad for them.

Abbie is such a great baby she sleeps all night only wakes up about 3am for a 5 minute feed and is back asleep straight away. She is growing up so fast it makes me a bit sad that she is my last baby but so gratefull that i don't have to give birth again

Just got AF and has not really affected abbie feeding so i am lucky. She still has a bottle at night before she goes to bed which has not affected my milk supply.

Hope everyone is doing well and talk to you all soon.

Nikki

Nikki- great to hear things are going well.. Its been a while since you have popped in... I just cant stay away... (no real support anywhere else) Glad to hear the boys are getting better wish i could say the same... I've been getting AF every 2 weeks the mini pill doesnt seem to keep them away... I'm not complaining... my TTC issues previously were that i wasnt getting AF at all so i guess its a good sign that my body is back to normal... hopefully the next one wont be so hard to concieve No plans for me to stop just yet.

NaNa- thanks for the support and thats for well just listening( well reading... lol) i have decided to chart Tiahna also i'm trying to get a look at places where i can possibly maybe fix things to help myself out... I've actually gotten DS to have a little siesta which is lovely... Now Tiahna is about to nod off so i'm off to get an early start on dinner (preparation wise so i just have to cook it when everyone is ready...) DH has next 2 days off so will be great not to have to keep everyone and thing hush hush...

LMK nice to hear from you and to see the boys are well and back to normal. Its great to hear Abbies sleeping is going well too. Sounds like us, a feed between 2-4am and then back to sleep which is great.

Well last night I fed Liam at 8 then he didnt wake till 3am, then 8am. He is so good. I fed him at 3pm though, an hour early than normal. he was upset and took it so I am hoping i can now get and keep him on a 7 11 3 7 feed schedule. Heres hoping.

Jess i was like that after i had lachlan, except i would stop bleeding for two days and then get af back again. I had enough of it by 12 weeks and went on the pill and as a result lost my milk. I have heard that the mini pill will not make you regular thats why i had to go on the pill. Good luck with the BF and it does change the flavour of your milk when you get af.

Deancy good to hear liam is also sleeping well.

Talk to you soon
    Nikki

Hey everyone.
    Havent posted for awhile but have been reading all the posts. Hamish went to MCHN today he now weighs 13pound 1 (5.904kg) and 58.5cm long. He feeds every 3 to 4 hours during daytime and usually sleep 6 to 7 at night feeds and then sleeps another 3 hours. During the day he has 2 big sleeps one for usually 3 hours and another for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. He is dribbling alot and sucking on his hands all the time.
    LMK good to hear your boys are doing well, and Abbie is progressing well.
    Jess vent all you like, we are all here to support each other especially when you are not getting any support at home. It must be frustrating with your Ds being young also, i hope things get better, but as NaNa said dont feel bad about venting here.
    sassy123 sounds like you had a rough night without dh the other day, your MIL sounds like she is not very supportive, i would be P*#$*d off with them too.
    deancey sounds like liams feeding is similiar to Hamish, although we dont have a routine i still feed on demand, but he rarely feeds under 3 hours during the day. It is difficult timing it for work though. Good luck.
    NaNa i havent tried doing the feed-play-sleep routine, i am still just feeding and letting him sleep when he likes, I might have a go soon though, is anyone having succes with it?

Abb - Well, I was going to say the feed-play-sleep thing is successful, but today has been something else! It was feed-sleep-feed-play-feed-sleep-sleep-sleep!! Aadi's only been awake for an hour and a half at the most all day today, and I even put him in the sling and went out shopping on the tram for 2 and a half hours and he didn't stir once until I tried to put him in his cot when we got home! WHO KIDNAPPED MY SON? And replaced him with this magic sleeping baby??? Oh, but I've probably jinxed myself now and all those great nights' sleep we've been having will just disappear! Hope not. It's been SO nice. And he even settled by himself in his bed last night, only crying for about a minute before going off to sleep for 5 and a half hours. Perfect! Praying that it keeps up (I've got so much work to do!). Relaxing baths and massages are VERY helpful, I think, but who wouldn't relax after a soak in the tub and a nice massage? I know I want one. Daily, please!
    I hope that he will start having just 2 long sleeps during the day like Hamish. We've got the night happening, but during the day he's feeding almost every 2 hours lately, and having half-hour naps, and the odd 2 hours here and there.
    Off to the MCH nurse on Friday, to see how much this boy's grown.

oh wouldn't you know it?! up every hour last night with dreadful lower wind. poor bubba, and poor me... such an icky mess to clean up when he finally pushes it all out. EW! TMI! So tired now...

NaNa poor aadi and you. Hamish used to get bad lower wind and constipation (before going to chiro) i know what its like, there is not alot you can do to help them either. I hope you have a chance to get a nap in today.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast