Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 16th - 31st 2008 #2

hi ladies sorry i was MIA DH took us all away for the weekend to Lake Fyans, near stawell VIC. It was really nice. We went to a caravan park in a cabin, 2 bedroom which was perfect with the boys. Liam did really well in the porta cot ( 1st time he has been in it ) and Jordan slept well in the bed ( we took his side rails just in case)
    Liam is also sucking on his hands heaps, it is SO noisy. He has been holding his head up for ages, he is really strong, everyone comments on how strong and big he is...... I am used to it from Jordan who was a BIG BABY.

Sassy good to hear Jaydas sleeps are getting better and its so nice she is a daddys girl. I think its nice that they love their dads especially seeing as they spend most of the time with mum during the day. And its a load off when they do come home

Jess Tiahna may be having a growth spurt, I was thinking about this today as Liam fed 3 hrly again today which is very unlike him. I cant remember what ages they aparently have them.

NaNa LOL at adding bibs to your washing repitoire.... I had to do 3 full loads today from before weekend and weekends washing. It went in drier,clothes line and clothes horse. It felt like it would NEVER END. It never ceases to amaze me how 1 little person can create SO MUCH WASHING

Abb Hamish sounds as though he is going great guns with his growth, well done. I hope your DH went ok with Hamish whilst you were at work.

Sarah Its great to see Juliette is such a good baby that you are considering TTC already. How is your wound going? Is it all healed over? Mine is great and I even got waxed down there.....and it was ok.

Sorry to anyone I missed. Hope you have a nice night. I am heading to bed early in the hopes more sleep may shake this cold away.

Good morning mummas...
    Had a wonderful sleep last night... We put Tiahna in the basinette about 8,30 when she fell asleep on the boob and by 930 when we turned everything off and headed to bed she woke up... after another top up feed i decided to just put her in the basinette awake and let her self settle but she ended up again crying herself to sleep... As i cried under my pillow once again... (hate when she cries at the best of times but she relys on falling asleep in my arms way too much)

It was hard but within 5 mins she was fast asleep and amazingly slept til 7.45 this morning... YAY!!!! I feel like i am a new person... its been about a week and a half since we've had a FULL night sleep...maybe the crying is wearing her out...

Although she uses me as a dummy my supply diesnt seem to be keeping up... I'm thinking of getting some more maxalon from the docs... i dont want to stop feeding anytime soon...

Deancey- sounds like a great getaway... glad the boys went well... laundry suck ey, i wish i had a dryer... our blew up before we moved so need a new one but not on top of the list at the moment... Toahna also has a strong neck...
    Q? if you prop your bubs up (ie on a pillow so there kinds sitting) does he/she try to lift up a little yet??? Tiahna does and its freaking me out... she was sitting up on the pillow yesterday and she pulled her self up more and flopped down in her own lap... lucky for me i was sitting next to her... she's pulled herself up a tiny bit heaps of times this week but not sure if i had her upright too much and she was able to just lift that little to get up and down???

Sass- thats so cute jayda being a daddies girl... wish Tiahna would go to Brad... He says she hates him...lol everytime he hold her she cries, if he talks to loud or coughs she gets scared and cries, she smiles when she first sees him but if he talks or kisses her or hold her she just cries... (i keep telling him its cos she doesnt really know him cos he's a lazy a$$.. lol)
    Tiahna hold her head up herself now but after a while she starts to bobble around... (obviously they get weakened but she's can go a long time very strong for her age i'm told)

Tiahna LOVES nappy free time... I put the heat on and take her nappy off just to hear her coo and laugh if i say want a nappy change her face lights up and she has a HUGE smile on her face... Its so cute...

Oh BTW... I heard from Klee.. Her and joseph are doing really well.. (she PM'd me and also she posted in the other may thread)

take care

Hi everyone
    we had a bad night last night and yesterday, not sure what the go is but Hamish has fed nearly every 2 21/2 hours even during the night, thinking maybe a growth spurt. On top of that dd had gastro last night and is home from school today so i am very tired today and the washing is piled high in laundry, but atleast the sun is shining today.
    Jess you are lucky to have a full night sleep, we havent had one yet Hamish longest sleep was 7 hours and he has only done that twice.
    Deancy well done on the weekend away, we plan on going away next month when tax cheque is back.lol It was really difficult working the 3 days, i was so tired and missed hamish so much but he was really well behaved for dp and i think it has made them alot closer, he smiles and laughs like crazy at his dad now.
    Sassy hamish holds his head very well also, they are growing so quickly now.
    NaNa I am only doing 2 days of work from now on as the 3 days was too much and i am havinh trouble expressing enough as Hamish is feeding so often again this week, i only do 41/2 hours each night so its not too bad. I will do more hours in December. When is everyone else going back to work?
    Hamish is waking up i best be off.
    Have a great day might have a stroll with the pram now we finally have some sunshine.

Abb - Same here! Aadi's been wanting to feed almost constantly for the last day or 2. It's driving me a little bit nuts... feeding frenzy or something. I put it down to a growth spurt as well, and I put Aadi on the scales at the MCH nurse today and he's now 6.720kg! Argh! No wonder my shoulders are getting sore. He wants to be up there, looking around all the time and he grizzles if I hold him in front of me. Just wants to be up with the big people. Don't think I could keep up with expressing either. Feel a bit like a dairy cow... I don't have a job to go back to ([email protected]!), but I'm doing some freelance design stuff at home. I don't have a strict deadline ATM, which is good, otherwise I couldn't do it. I'll look at more paying jobs when I need the money (probably soon!).
    deancey - I knew there had to be a good reason for you to be away from here! Weekend away sounds great. We're saving up for a big family holiday at Christmas to Africa, to spend Christmas and NYE with DP's family there. It's gonna be crazy, I know.
    oh, gotta go. Aadi's found his voice this week and is shouting at me!!
    BBL!

NaNa WOW Africa that sounds awesome I think Aadi will be a good age to take away.
    Abb its great that Hamish and dad had a good time together, its nice for them to bond.
    Jess it does break your heart when they cry but its awesome that Tiahna self settled.

Well today Liam was a little unsettled. He is asleep now think I will wake him at 10 30 and try and dream feed him. Last night he fed at 6 and then didnt wake till 3....so he can go the distance but is doing it at the wrong time.... lets hope I sort it out before I head back to work in 3 half weeks.
    good sleep vibes to you all

Ok, so it's much later, but I'm back... Aadi had his immunisation yesterday. Blah. Not fun. Poor little guy screamed and screamed. I went with a friend whose baby was born the same day as Aadi, and her bub just shrieked once and that was it. Aadi was sleepy at first, as he was well overdue for a nap anyway, but wouldn't stay asleep for long. He woke up at one point absolutely wailing, and DP completely freaked out because I was in the bath. I just told DP to get him undressed and bring him in to me in the tub. I had plenty of lavender oil in the water already (I needed to calm down a bit too...) As soon as he got in the water he calmed down, and all was good. Took DP a few minutes to calm down though! Now he knows why I didn't want Aadi to have any needles at birth. Feeding in the bath is an unusual experience...
    Anyway, he's fine now, except for a bit of the runs (TMI, but it's not like you notice with explosive breastfed newborn poos anyway!).
    So after thinking I didn't have any problems with the freelance work I was doing, now my client wants this, that and everything else changed, and has totally disregarded my designs, so I've got loads of work to do and no time to do it. Blah again. I wish people would trust that I know how to do my job. I might be over-tired, but I still know more about design than they ever will. Ah, enough venting. It's futile!
    Jess - I was reading in the breastfeeding support forum about mums drinking Aktavite to increase milk supply. Seems to work for some people. I certainly don't need to increase at the moment (still drowning in it...) but it might be worth a shot, and certainly taste better than Maxolon or whatever. Just a thought.
    Right, back to the drawing board... ho hum.

Hi all, sorry i have been MIA for wow few days... LOL... Tiahna has been quite unsettled during the day... She's had bright red cheeks and sucking and well grinding her gums on her hands... Think she may be teething... thought it was a little soon but a friend of mine who had a baby boy 3 weeks older said issac got 2 bottom teeth at 8 weeks. I put up with it on monday but yesterday it was just screaming and screaming, she's feeding constantly and comes off and screams then wants more. I gave her panadol and within 1/2 hour she was sound asleep. Although the constant crying and screaming during the day helps her sleep at night. monday night she slept from 8.30-8am then last night she slept from 9-8. cant complain except it does ur head in to have them screaming all day...

The colic is now back with avengance. poor darling is having issues burping again so am thinking of looking into an osteopath or chiropractor (spl) i heard they really help with reflux and colic???

NaNa- have been drinking the Aktavite since sarah H mentioned it last time i had supply isues but still not helping... last time i took the maxalon 3 a day for only 3 days and my milk was back up to normal... My prob is i dont drink much normally and i'm struggling to drink enough water i think. i have a glass every feed and a double mug size of weak tea in the morning. morning tea i drink a large glass of the aktivite milk recepie and another 1/2 hour before bed. Glad Aadididnt have any reaction to the immunisation. Tiahna screamed bad aswell she also had a touch of the runs after too... poor darls. Also Africa sounds great.. no holidays for us... mortgage payments enough and small reno's ATM...

Deancey- Tiahna was also sleeping at wrong times... she'd sleep from 3-8pm so now i wake her up after an hour let her play til she gets cranky bath her about i try to have her fed before we eat about 5.30-6.30 and let her play for as long as she can then i get her changed and feed her usually at about 9.30 and put her in the basinette to self settle...

Abb- tiahna is also making me feel like a dairy cow... feedingevery 2 hours during the day... i know i'm VERY lucky with the night sleeps but i pay for it during the day... she's full on and all she wants is to be held and fed. she throws herself around and cries, if you dont pick her up she screams the house down... she refuses to feed from a bottle still and refuses to go to DP or anyone else... its quite hard...

I have purchansed every type of bottle i can tommy tippee(TT) (the close to nature) pigeon (same teats as the TT) Mam, Nuk, cheapo's, anti colic, advent, and about 1/2 dozen more that i can remember but Tiahna still wont drink from them. i go back to work in December and would still love to breast feed but if she wont drink from the bottle i dont know what i'll do... DP wants me to take extra time off... DS always comes home sick from school so doesnt want her to be sick so young.... Thinking maybe i'll add the last few months i'm allowed to my leave and go back in april??? not sure yet... i'd love to stay home with her but know if its not now it'll be later...

ok I need some advice ladies.
    Liam has been a 4 hrly feeder during the day, he normally wakes an hour before he is due to eat, eats then plays for 1/2 hr to hour and then goes to bed. Recently when he is due for feed and grumpy when I try to feed him to screams and refuses the boobs.
    He has done this the last 3 days now. I have settled him back to sleep without a feed but he is now 4.5 hrs since last feed.
    DO you think he is starting to go loner between day feeds, poss 5 hrs now? He is a big boy so I am not concerned about him not getting enough however I though it was too early to extend out to 5 hrs? What are your bubs doing? any advice is welcome.

We're the same as Jass & Tiahna with feeding - every 2 hours during the day but only once maybe twice overnight (last nigt she went 9 hours!).

I really couldn't say, deancey... Aadi feeds every 3 hours roughly, days and some nights too! It's on demand, but quite regular. I would think it could possibly be some other cause if Liam's grumpy, screaming and refusing boobies! It might just be a phase, and I wouldn't stress about it unless he's sick and/or dehydrated. Keep an eye on how many wet nappies he has, and if you're worried maybe call MCH nurse?

Deancey- as you know Tiahna is fantastic little sleeper at night she can go all night (uo to her best time of 9 hours or so... She only has little cat naps during the day but feeds every 2 hours during the day (i think its to make up for the long stint at night. Maybe ne is taking alot more milk and not needing to fill up as much... Could also be that he is playing more and wearing himself out more there fore needing more sleep then food...

Is he demand feeding or your just offereing booby every 4 hours??? I have started over the last week or so to feed play sleep play then feed again... Tiahna was waking up very happy and content but i was feeding her shortly after while she was happy... Now she is quite happy to play when she just wakes up feeds plays a little longer then i make her self settle (many time cry herself to sleep... ) This wears her out and she sleeps for about 15-20 mins during the day... so
    10-15 min feed (if that)
    burping (bout 10-15 mins...still hard to get them up)
    Play time on Mat for 1/2 hour or so (sometimes she just gets grumpy cos she want to do something different)
    Change time
    then sometimes a little top up or straight to the cot for self settling
    then when she wakes up i let her play in the cot till she's grumpy usually 15 mins to 1/2 hour then we start again

At night its the same except at about 4.30 after the play time on the matt when she starts to get bit grumpywe have nappy free time for 10-15 mins ... she loves no nappy time. Then bath time, play time and feed then more play then by 8.30-9pm were ready to put her in the basinette and it takes her about 5 mins to self settle to sleep 4 the night.

My son was an all round sleeper... at 3 months he was on formula and feeding every 4.5 hours and sleeping for 1-3 hours during the day inbetween feeds then 5 hour stints overnight.

Q? i read a thread about bubs going off the boob when mum had her AF??? or before or after she was due??? maybe a reason like that for his grumpiness

thanks ladies i am not sure what he is doing. I do demand feed however he has been 4 hrly on demand. He eventually fed at 3 so went 7 hrs and it was EBM as I expressed my boobs as they were over flowing. He is asleep at the moment, if going by 4 hrs should be due now but will see when he wakes. He is a big boy so I guess he doesnt need as much as I thought
    We generally do feed play sleep. He feeds then has awake time in rocker/floor/on my lap talking and then sleep for an hour or so. He has about 1 to 1.5 hrs awake.
    I guess will see how he goes over next day or so and if no better will go and see doc. He is still pooping and weeing so thats a good sign

thanks for the help ladies

Deancey, Hamish feeds every 3 to 4 hours during the day but sometimes will only go 2 hours. He has had a few big sleeps where he has gone 4 and half hours but never longer than that. He did have a stage last week where for 2 days he was fussy with the breast and ebm, could have easily skipped a feed but i persevered with trying him every 15mins or so. I think it was just a stage, he was sleeping alot so not sure if he wasn't feeling well. I hope things improve for you if not i would seek some advice from a professional. Good luck

Hi ladies sorry ive been away for quite a while,i'll have to catch up quite a bit.
    I have been having a nightmare and lost the plot earlier this week. Were trying to sell the house, move to a new house, I was breastfeed constantly and then my washing machine broke and that was the last straw.

Anyway i lost it at my mother group so am now on a baby strategy, I was feeding Emma every time she went Chucky-style during the day including round Woolies and Big W . Im so stupid I should have realised she wasnt sleeping enough during the day, she was maybe having 2 hours total but only 20 mins at a time and she was only snack feeding. Now I am doing the feeding for about 20mins she plays for 0.5hhr and then screams and sleeps for 1-2 hours. But at night she will go for 8+ hours without a feed.

Jess - its so strange that Tiahna and Emma are practically doing the same thing and they share the same bday. Emma screams every time I put her down she apparently is used to falling asleep in my arms or with a boob in her mouth, so were now on cold turkey, 4 days in and she is not screaming as long now, maybe she will be happy to go to sleep in a few weeks.

Deancey - my child health care nurse helped me heaps, if your still worried they might be able to give you some a different strategy to try.

Im exhausted and a little embarrassed that I didnt work it out earlier oh well
    Baby hugs to you all

lismith25- Hope things are going ok now. Its funny that the 2 girls are doing the same and have the same b'day... But i'm just glad Tiahna is sleeping all night. We are also trying the cold turkey with no booby and no holding to fall asleep its helping out heaps.

We've all been down with the tummy bug still, Poor Tiahna has thr uns and is crying (must have pains) but appart from being grizzly during the day she's GREAT at night... last night she slepf for 2 hours woke up for a feed and slept for 9 hours. she woke up saturated (snugglers not so good for long nights... will have to go back to huggies)

Got to go Tiahna needs a nappy change

Hi ladies

well liams feeding is getting back to normal, he is so sick with snots etc I think that is the reason for his fussyness.
    I went to uni open day today and have decided to go back to school and study to be a nurse, I am so excited. I really hope that I get in to the course. I am going to apply part time as its 2 days a week and that will allow me to still work and have time with the boys.

I am glad to see everyone is getting some good sleeps in. It seems everyone is getting a good solid amount overnight now which is awesome.
    take care everyone
    XX

Morning all,

Thought i'd pop in again while i had the chance. DP's on night shift this week so all week will be a HUGE hassle. He's such a stick in the mud latley... Yesterday i tried to have a relax day, Saturday we spent the day fixing the back yard up, the grass is dying from the runns with concrete and all the bits of dried up concrete... SO we raked up everything and put down some grass seeds and fertiliser to boost the grass and also did the dynamic lifter on front grass and weeded and trimed the gardens... Went to the markets yesterday morning and then i sat in front of the telly and watched 2 movies (feeding inbetween and all the rest... )

Today i have so much house work to do so i'm up early to begin...

Deancey- Thats awesome you have decided to go back to school.. Very brave to attempt it with 2 kids and a job... i'd love to but at the moment dredding thr return to work and i cant afford the childcare cost to do it...

Hope everyone else is well...

Hi everyone!
    We're finally getting into a night sleep routine that's bearable, and I just hope it lasts! Friday night was a write-off, waking up every 2 hours, but Saturday and Sunday night were great, sleeping from 6-8.30, then 10-4.30, then 5-8.30 with no dramas except for a projectile vomit at 4.45 each time! I'm pretty darn happy with that, since the sleep deprivation's been making me pretty unpleasant to be around, I'm sure... and DP is so happy he got to sleep in on a weekend for a change. He's a changed man! He even ironed his own shirts and cleaned the whole house, then took Aadi for a walk so I could finish my sewing in peace (it's been sitting on the table for weeks!). Yay!
    Now if only I could help Aadi to stop chucking...

lismith - dont be embarassed! we're not experts, and it's a stressful job being a new mum, let alone all the other hectic stuff going on, so dont beat yourself up about it. I hope now you've figured things out, everything will get easier and you'll really start to enjoy things a whole lot more.

deancey - it's great that you've decided to go back to study! good on you! But tell me, how do you get your brain to work after having babies?? Mine's all squishy still... lol!

Jess - I hope your crew are all feeling better and over the tummy bug (not fun!). Also, great that you got to relax a bit yesterday after all your hard work in the garden. How do you manage with your DH working night shift? It must be such a tough job for both of you, especially if Tiahna's screaming during the day and he needs to sleep. Hope your week goes smoothly!
    Ok, Aadi's still shouty. He's yelling again, not unhappy, just yelling for attention and someone to talk to! Better go.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast