... 311121314

thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Thank you so much ladies. I am so glad it is over. What a journey is has been for me. [email protected] So unexpected. Your DP must be behind that word . I will soon be back to do personals.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Girl - w'allah, habibte! we speak a mixed up bunch of arabeezi franglish in this house! But I mean it, mabrouk! Well done, and I hope you find a great job in HR when you want one, one that is supportive of your other full time job as a mum!

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Thank you so much Nana .

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

double post

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Well, everyone seems to have run away. Too busy being pregnant, huh???
    Nikki, I just noticed your ticker! Oh WOW!!
    NO WAY i am not having anymore i have three and that is enough for me.

I got my girl i am happy, if i had another boy (god help me) i would have considered another.

Are you having anymore JESS

Nikki
    Aadi had his first day at FDC today and it went really well, so I was spending a bit of time reminiscing and going back over some old belly buddies posts when I saw that little bombshell...

I hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Years. Ours was nice enough, I suppose. Except for me getting sick(er) and losing my voice, and DP being a PITA still. He really needs to pick up his act. Soon. Aadi got seriously spoiled with a whole trailer-load of outdoor toys and a cubby house from friends, plus a car full of clothes, toys and books. All passed on from a friend's kids. He just loves it! And it's saved me a small fortune.
    Aadi has also added another 15 or so words to his vocab in the last week or so, and is starting to make clear attempts at sentences. It's incredible how fast it's happening, though perhaps a little slower than some others here.
    I forgot to say last time, the swimming lessons have been a bit of a disaster. The last two were spent with a screaming, howling barnacle-baby sitting on the side of the pool with me, refusing to participate in anything. I think it might have just been teething + tired, but we'll wait until next term before enrolling again. Speaking of teething, I think we have 2-year-old molars coming soon...
    Anyway, how is everyone?

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Hi Girls i am still around, just only come in here once a week or so now, but on facebook everday ..
    Nikki OMG Nana has outed you now lol, i didnt know you were expecting congrats.
    NaNa the constant talking is driving me crazy, Hamish is an absolute handful atm, he is throwing everything and i am at my wits end trying to control it, I have tried everything, he is so stubborn and hyper active to boot. I think Aadi and Hamish would make a great pair, on the go constantly and look out if your in his path.

Bec not long now, you must be getting ready for your new arrival, its certainly has gone fast, well maybe not for you.
    Girl congrats, well done all that work has paid off.
    Jess - goodluck with finding some work soon, i am going back to school also, doing bachelor of business, which should only take me 6 months as i have studied in this field previously so hoepfully with my credits it wont take long at all.
    Tracy i was looking through your photos of stanks he is one good looking young fella lookout when he is older. lol I hope you find your path in the future, it is difficult working out your career path when your a single mum.
    Sass how are things with Jayda?
    Not alot too report really, Hamish is growing and learning so quickly, theres moments when i think i want my baby back but watching and teaching him is very rewarding until he starts being rough ofcourse. He is perfect sometimes and other times well lets just say i walk outside count to 10 take a deep breathe and start again with him. I hope he grows out of this throwing and hitting, its really getting embarassing and im going insane trying to control him sometimes, i have noticed he is alot worse when tired, so i am being very strict with sleep pattern atm to see if that makes a difference,
    Hi to everyone i have missed.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

**** i just wrote thelongest post and my internet cut out as i pressed post and i lost it all. ill come back later and do it again when i remembr wat i wrote.

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA yes i know i said NO WAY am i having anymore

WELL what can i say.............. come on girls its time to catch up!!! LOL

No anyway this baby was not planned but obviously not an accident we knew what we were doing and did it anyway!!!!

So baby number 4 here we come.. I am due on teh 26th of August!!!!!

Wooo Hoooo Sassy!!!!!!! not sure if you want me to say so i will just leave it at that!!! Thats mean hey !!!! SOrry

anyway take care all and i will try and pop in soon!!!!

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Just a quick one before I have to go wake Cam up - almost 3 hrs now and I think that'll be enough or he won't go down easily tonight. And I'll need to have an early night tonight because I have an early dentist appointment tomorrow and I will not be sleeping too well tonight worrying about it - I chipped one of my back molars at lunch today - doesn't hurt, but the thought of going to the dentist brings tears to my eyes.

Cam's going well. Growing and learning fast. Its amazing how quickly he is learning stuff - only having to watch us do something once then go copy it. The other week I had a flat battery in my car (at home) and as I had my bonnet up waiting for RACQ- he kept pointing to the portable fluro light DH keeps in the garage (to work on the car) and then pointing to the bonnet. I ended up having to attach the light to the bonnet - the clip that is designed for that thing and then Cam was happy, gave me a nod and then looked very pleased with himself. I mentioned it to DH when he got home and he said that Cam had watched DH do that the week before (which I didn't know of) and that explained how he knew what to do....I was amazed. And he keeps doing stuff like that which amazes me. Oh and he is loving cleaning too...which I'm using to my advantage too...lol...picking up stuff off the floor or wiping the floor with the paper towel if he or the dog spills water etc... think I'll keep encouraging this...especially as the floor seems so far away at the moment...hahaha!

A couple of issues we are finding...so any suggestions are welcome - but when changing Cam's nappy (still using MCN's)- and it seems to be only the stinky ones - he really carries on and it usually ends in tears. I'm not sure what it is about those ones- as the wet ones are fine - does anybody else find this or am I alone in this strange behaviour?

Also lately when he is eating - doesn't seem to matter breakfast, lunch or dinner - he'll eat some of it, but then a few mouthfuls later its being chewed then spat out. It is so frustrating (thankgoodness for our catching bib which collects most of it - and it doesn't seem to matter whether he wears this bib or not either) - as I don't know if he is getting enough nutritious food - as he is a petite boy anyway, but last weight at his 18month needles was good - so not worrying too much yet, I just don't want this to become a habit.

His sleeping in his bed is going well though - which is good as we're about to take the cot out of his room this weekend (though he hasn't even slept in the cot for about 4-5weeks now anyway and couldn't if he wanted to as I've got other crap in it at the moment). The only problem I'm having (which I was having with his cot anyway, so don't think its really a bed issue) - is that he likes to wake around 5.30-6am. I'm ok if he wakes from 6, but anything before 6 and I struggle at the moment. But at least being in his bed, he can get out and play with his toys until I'm ready to rise (usually plays happily by himself for 30-45mins before trying to get me involved by shoving toys in my face...lol!) - I have all the doors except his and ours closed and the child gate in the hallway closed - so he can't get into the kitchen or crawl out our doggy door - so I know he is safe too. But I just wish he'd learn to sleep in like his parents like to. Figure he'll probably work it out sleeping in just as PJ arrives...lol!

Pregnancy is going well...almost there. OB said he looks a good size the other day so not going to worry about the 5x0 clothings like I had to with Cam. Getting really tired though...which is why I struggle in the morning, especially when I can't seem to find that comfy position anymore or wake to pee a million times a night...haha. Argh the joys of pregnancy. But I'm still loving it. Once again Congrats Nikki and fingers crossed for you Sassy (I'm assuming thats what the others meant and your thread from the last week - went searching for an announcement for you too as thought I had missed that too - I haven't missed it have I).

Well that's all from me for now. Time to go wake Cam I think...that's 3hrs now - obviously needed it after the 5.30am wake up this morning.

Hope everyone is well.

Bye for now,

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hi all,
    Now I've read the last few posts I've been on here for 45 mins... so I have to be quick ...

Nikki- Nice to see the news is out on BB now.,... YAY... SO excited for you...
    Love how NaNa found that pervious comment.... hehe... So happy to be sharing another pregnancy with you. Isnt it funny that a yr ago we were all pondering who would be next and who wasnt going there again... Its all very exciting. I now know 19 people expecting... Argghh,... lol. I'll have to Hibernate... Or start drinking the water you all are.. lol

Sass- GL Hun...

Mum- DD has her 3rd bout of tonsilitit at the moment.., Its just aweful isnt it... Hope Stanks gets better soon,

Bec-glad the pregnancy is going well...

BBL for more... DD needs to use the toilet

Dec 2007

Hi There,

I've never been in this group but my DS was born in early May (can't find that thread) and I just had a quick browse through and wanted to know if everyone on here's little ones (especially the boys) are talking heaps? My DS is blah, blah, blah all the time, and makes sure we understand when he wants something, but actual recognisable words are still few and far between. Maybe 10 in good use, but even so he seems to prefer gesturing and the sign language we've taught him. Wonding if I sometimes make it a bit easy for him as we guess and hold stuff up till we know what he wants, but even so.. Thoughts?? Was thinking of taking him to a speach pathologist, but dont want to panic if this is semi normal. For the rest is sounds like most little boys are very similar! Right there with who ever is struggling with head banging on the floor, throwing and hitting!

Sorry for the intrude, hope everyone has a great day!

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi feueriosa, no need to apologise for intruding thats what these forums are for. Welcome to our group- though as you can see we've been rather quiet lately (unlike our old chatterbox days...lol!).

My Cam's the same. Says alot of words that we know what he is trying to say- but I wouldn't say they are clear. And not many sentences either- though he tries. I'm not worried yet though, as I have noticed he is really starting to pick up over the last few weeks- with learning alot- so figure it'll probably happen soon. My cousins son was the same too. I'll just continue to try to teach him words and read to him everyday as usual. I guess they all learn at their own pace.

Hi everyone else. Won't do personals- off to bed now. Still anxiously awaiting the arrival of this bub- no real signs yet though- unlike Cam where I just knew. Will keep ya's posted though- you'll see on facebook anyway when things start to happen.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hi Feueriosa,

My DD isnt talking much either.she is booked into speech sessions from february. I have a 5 yr old with speech delays and also just recently been diagnosed ADHD.

DD likes to make little noises, point, throw tanties instead of speaking and after the issues we have had with my DS Were getting on top of it early We've learnt new techniques for prompting speech. Might be worth a look at through your local health climic or community centre. I paid for private speech just because i didnt want to wait our sydney 12 month waiting lists. We have started prompting more so if we ask her is she wants something is its yes she was doing this grunt noise and for no she learnt quickly to shake her head. Over the last few weeks of trying thr extra prompting she is now saying "yeah yeah yeah" instead of "eerr" .Things like do you want milk or water and then waiting for her to answer. Then if she says "eh" I say again Milk..... (wait)... Or Water.... (wait) she is still at the point stage with things like this but yeasterday she actually said "MMMmm" I also brought A TAG Junior for her at christmas time and she is now saying the words that the tag says like "pooh Bear" and "backpack"

Bec- OMG I cant believe your only have few weeks. Thats gone SOO fast. (I bet to you it hasnt though right???) I'm so clucky...

MT- Tiahna has been in her toddler bed since 13 months and she slees better now then she ever has. She still rolls around but she is used to the bed and we have only had a few falls when she was 1st starting (i put down a huge cushiopn so it wasnt much of a fall anyways. But she is going so well now were looking into a BIG bed already. She toddles off now to put herself to bed.

Anyone elses little ones crazy about brushing teeth?? DD cant get enough of brushing teeth and showers. She is now using the loo and wanting a shower after each use now (due to my own fault of letting her on the loo and then giving her a shower cos she touches everywhere)

Hair is finally starting to grow. YAY. Been buying clips and tings from some great WAHM's listed on the site.

DS had started kindy today... Mummy didt cry but daddy was a bit upset cos he said it was so weird. Me things that daddy and mummys reactions were swapped... I expected to be sad but i wasnt. He ran off and started hanging out with an old friend from daycare and was SOOO excited. I think he'll really love it.

Anyways best be off... SO much to do before he gets home again.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

So how's everyone going now? So much has changed in the last few weeks!
    Bec, congratulations again on your gorgeous little guy Joshua! I hope you're all settling into life as a family of four now (time to update that FB profile pic!) and you're getting lots of good sleeps. How is Cameron with his new baby brother? Another friend from my mums group in Melbourne had her 2nd daughter in early Jan, and all her DD1 wants to do is sit on her little sister or poke her eyes... I'm sure you'll have lots of fun times!

Feuerosia - welcome! Sorry this is so late, but I didn't get any email updates and didn't know anyone had posted here. As for the speech question you asked, I think if it really concerns you there are things you can do to check if everything's progressing normally like hearing checks and the like. Talk it over with your MCH nurse or equivalent, or get a referral to a paediatrician if you don't mind waiting! I was told by our paed last year to get DS's hearing checked partly because of behavioural issues and partly because the paed didn't think DS had enough "expressive speech" because he only had a few words at that point. Now, less than 6 months later, DS is up to over 85 words in three languages! He doesn't exactly make sentences of more than three words, but he can make himself understood in, as well as understand both French and English. He doesn't always listen to me, but that seems to be a hereditary thing that he gets from his dad! I'm sure your little one will be fine, and will just "get it" when he's ready. Then he wont shut up and the inevitable "Quiet voices, please!" mantra will drive you nuts! Just keep talking to him...
    LMK - 3 months already!! Wooo!!!
    Jess - how's things going now that J's in kindy? And how are you going with the ADHD stuff? T must look so different now with more hair! At last! Aadi goes thru stages of loving having his teeth brushed. He doesn't love showers much, but baths - definitely. He just loves the bathroom in general tho, and I'm forever chasing him out of there because he's pulled the toothbrushes down or is trying to reach the "oap" to wash his hands! He's pretty spot-on with using the toilet at home, and we only get maybe two wet nappies a day (and he drinks a LOT of water) but he's not quite up to telling the daycare mum all the time. Too busy playing. It's a shame, because that's when he always has the most disgusting poo-splosions and I have to clean up the wetbag and nappy several hours later. Bleurgh!

MT - DS has been in a big bed since he was, like 7 months old. I know that's freaky for some people, but he's a freaky boy is my DS! Quiet life?? Not likely.

AFM, we've been having a rough patch with food challenges lately. I need to go back to the strict low-salicylate diet again for a while, even though it is SO HARD. We've had an abundance of mangoes, and DS was having a little bit and wanting more. He loved it so much, and was fine at first, but it started giving him diarrhea and nappy rash from hell that wouldn't go away, not to mention the sleep/behavioural stuff... OMG. Today at daycare, they were doing Chinese New Year stuff, and DS was given a little noodle box to decorate and bring home, and it was full of fortune cookies and some freaky prawn chips or something. I could practically see the MSG on them! I had hoped that DS hadn't eaten any of it, but he had a total meltdown at bath time and didn't stop screaming and crying and carrying on for almost 45 minutes. It's frightening. I can only assume that he's eaten something he shouldn't have, and tomorrow there will be serious words with the carer. Apart from that, he's really enjoying FDC and is now there 3 days a week. I hope I don't have to disrupt this routine... but...
    DP and I are having a bit of a break from each other for a while. Things are just not working out the way I had hoped, and he's been difficult for a while now, and it's only getting worse. It's a long and messed up story, but he's not supporting me very well as a partner or as a parent, so I've asked him to move out. Better one happy parent than two who hate each other, right? We'll see how things go over the next few weeks (he's going away on leave for a week) but hopefully he can find a share house or something, and give me some space to get my groove back! There is still hope that he can get himself together and help make this relationship work, but he has a long way to go to earn my respect again, and before I can let him back in my life full time. In the meantime, I'm going on a little journey of rediscovery!
    I hope you're all well!

P.S Is anyone else still breastfeeding?

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Nana - wow big changes for you hey, well all i can say is look after yourself and Aadi, i wish you all the best in your journey of discovery and sending you all positive vibes. I hope you find the happiness you deserve whether that is being a single parent so be it. I had some great years on my own with Maddi, i believe this is the reason for us being so close. There was alot of friction in the house when i was with her father and she was an unhappy child at the time because of it. It all takes time adjusting and communication i found was the key, even though she was little (actually the age of Hamish now 21 months) i never lied to her about anything, tried to explain things as simple as i could but always told the truth. My parenting views were very different to her fathers and this was one thing we had to work alot on. I wish you all the best and i hope you gave Aadi's day care a talking too about the food, not good enough.

Nikki hope the pregnancy is going well, no morning sickness i hope.
    Bec aww congrats again, i have been catching up on facebook with the photos etc, so gorgeous. I bet Cam is excited about being a big brother.

Hi to everyone else, just on quickly today, had my babble sorry nana lol

Hamish is going great, talks non stop now and loves his big car bed. Best thing we ever did, sleeps 12 hours plue every night and 2 hours in arvo. Im enjoying the break when he is at daycare but miss him terribly, one full day and by 2pm i want him home lol
    Back again soon..

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Well, we've had a great week when DP was away, great sleep every night and Aadi was a totally changed boy. So calm and compliant, relaxed and happy. He's chatting away all the time now, very coherent and clear, and learning new words all the time. It's amazing. But then DP came back from his "time out" and it's all gone to sh*t again. Argh! I wish he would just go away again. I had hoped it wouldn't get messy and confrontational when he came back this weekend, but no such luck.
    I sent along about 6 pages of info about Aadi's dietary intolerances and effects for his FDC carer, and she's been really good about it, and even rang me to double-check that something in the lunch I'd packed for him was actually going to be ok. (Sadly, DP doesn't even look at it, even though it's plastered all over the pantry door!)
    Anyway, that's boring. I just really dropped by because I'm going to miss my av LOL. It's gone from tomorrow.

Jan 2008
    Victoria

How sad i am to come back on here and there are no post since Feb
    Where is everyone? How are you all, omg and how are all the little ones, almost 2 where has this time gone?
    I miss coming in here and catching up with you all, i think facebook has definetley taken over..

Now for any of you that are in the Gold Coast i will be up there in 3 weeks, from 11th to 14th June at the BB meet up, i would love to catch up with anyone that is free.

Can't believe our children are almost 2, crazy how fast time has gone. Hamish is growing fast and becoming quite the little chatter box, he has personality plus that for sure. He is very confident and not one bit shy, even around strangers. I think this comes from all the people coming and going at our place through business and James' band. He is also becoming quite the little musician, we have a few videos of him now, singing and strumig his guitar. Our home is filled with music every waking hour so i guess he has no choice lol. I am still working only a few hours a week but this will change in next few months as Dp and i are switching roles so to speak, i will be working fulltime and he will be a stay at home parent. This decision was actually mine as i dont want hamish in daycare fulltime, so when i return in july, james will work from home doing web design and computer repairs. Im not sure how this will go but its worth a try.
    We are getting marrried in October and still undecided on if we will have another child, im thinking yes but not telling dp that yet lol
    I hope you are all well and i hope we can get this thread going again.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

Hey abb, i went searching for the thread yesterday but i coudlnt find it. lucky u posted cause i got a email that sent me the link.
    it has been awhile since everyone have been in here i guess its cause there sint really much to report.
    Jayda is going so well she is talkin so much we cant shut her up. she is so excited about her birthday and we ask her how old she is going to be and she tells us "two cakes" its so cute.
    Well as you can see i am preg again lol. jayda seems to be handling it pretty good at the mo. she always rubs my belly and tells me that there is a bubby in there. she went through a stage of kickin me all the tiem when changing her when i first foudn out and we would always tell her not to kick cause she will hurt the bubby. not if i sneeze or jump up to fast ill get the stretching pain and if she seems me in pain she will sayin naughty mum you hurt bubby lol.
    hmmmm we didnt know what to get jayda for her birthday so she just got some odds and ends. some wiggles and itng dvds, a hand bag, a little camera it was only $15 which was a score, its only like 1.3 mp but it will stop her from tryin to steal my camera and puttin her grubby little finger prints all over the lens.
    abb when do u think you would start tryin if u decided to have another one?
    We only want 2 kids so i am hoping i dont get the 2 yr itch when this next one is 2 lol.

... 311121314