thread: Babies Born May 16th-31st 2008 #6

Apr 2007
    gold coast

ooooooo we have major tantrums here.

Oct 2007
    Brisbane

HI

Hi everyone i just wanted to say hello. Hayden turnt 1 on the 23 of May 2008 and ive decided to try adn get onto Belly Belly more i had a quick glance at who was here and noticed im a friend of a few of use on facebook it would be nice to talk to some of use xo

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Hi Sam
    Good to seeyou on our thread, welcome. We go through bouts of heaps of posts and then a quiet period. But once we get going look out.lol
    Hayden is such a cutey, i love watching all the bubs grow, through there pics on facebook.

Sass, tantrums are getting worse here, i just ignore him as much as possible and hope its a phase and will stop soon enough.
    Hamish has also started hitting, its driving me crazy, not sure how to deal with it as yet, ive tried no thats naughty and talking to him firmly, also a tap on the hand but sometimes that just makes him do it back.

Oct 2007
    Brisbane

ohhhhh im sooo with you i LOVE loooking at all of the pictures of our bubs and seeing just how much they have grown its great, i just thought since i hadnt been on belly belly in a while i would come on and see how things are going on here and i havnt read the FULL story on tantrums but OMG Hayden has got the whole throwing himself on the floor and kicking legs and arms around down perfectly lol. sometimes i just let him goa nd once he ahs finished i just pick him up say firmly NO and put him in his room for a little while and after a while he crawls out and everything is fine lol. (until the next one hahahahahah)

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Hi Sam! Welcome!
    Sorry I've been absent again. This move has been exhausting, and DS just wont chill out! He's so into tantrums it's ridiculous!! It's the shrieking and hitting that really do it for me. He's just added this nasty howling and wailing to his repertoire, but he keeps that particularly lovely sound for when we're in the supermarket or other crowded place with great acoustics and nowhere to hide...
    I can't blame DS tho, we've been thru so much chaos in his little life, and also lately DP has been a real PITA too. He's stressed out and keeps starting arguments (or trying to) with me in front of DS. He shouts and carries on like... well, like a toddler throwing a tantrum actually! And DS just mimics it perfectly. I am always asking DP to tone down his voice and maybe wait until after DS is asleep before having such a heated discussion (heh!) but that just sets him off more... I can't win! It's just so wrong to argue in front of a kid, but DP wont listen. I really hope he will calm down soon, because I'm totally wiped out after doing this whole move and unpacking thing on my own, virtually. DP hasn't had to do anything except go to a great new job.

Anyway, on a positive note, DS has been having much better sleep lately. The last couple of days have been a bit rough because he's just cut his fourth molar (finally!!) and weekends have always been hard with DP home and messing up routines, but DS is still managing to have 2+ hours nap during the day, and even slept 10 hours straight one night! It's so much better now that he's able to run around outside and burn up some of his abundant energy, instead of freezing our butts off in our tiny little house in Melbourne!
    ok, still got too much to do! Hope everyone's well.

Jan 2008
    Victoria

NaNa i so know what you mean about the arguing in front of the kids, Dp has been under so much stress lately with loding his job and starting the business. He raises his voice and likes to swear alot also, normally he is quite reserved around the kids but lately he has been bad, and if i say not now or keep your voice down he seems to up the volume and the content. Arggh i just want to slap him sometimes

Glad the move in itself has gone well and it seems Aadi enjoys the warmer weather too. Everything seems bearable if they sleep i think.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Well look who decided to show her face on BB again... :wave:

Lol. Sorry girls... Not sure whats happened to forum Jess lol i think FB jess took over... ahahaha...

Sam GREAT to see you in here.

Well i see were on the subject of Tanties... Well my 2 are the king and queens of tanties... Thanksfully T isnt like her brother... She actually listens to me... lol.

Abb- Sounds like your loving your baby girl like i am... Its such a nice change to have a child listen and do as there asked. Jordan has ALWAYS been difficult so its a nice change not to have to be constantly stressed getting her to behave.

T says a few things... She goes through phases... She will say heaps of "sounds" then she is back to squeeling and grunting... She loves saying "Ta" lately. Everything is "ta" she loves to point which were trying to get her out of... (j was the same) She understands so much its scary... She loves baths/showers and the slightest mention of either and she is sprinting towards the bathroom. Everything is "out" always wanting outside. Either "ops" ("shops") or dogs which she tried to do a bark but imagine more a squeel that vaguly sounds like a yapping dog... lol.

She is loving her daddy more and more.. and its noce to see Daddy for once recipricate this... i think jordan has really worn his patients for the kids... he still plays till he has had enough and then ignores them but hey its something. I'm the 1st person to understand being over the constant disobiedience, abuse, tanties, dramas but at least i still try.

NaNa- Hope everything is set up and your all settled in now... How is Aadi going now with things??

Mis- (sorry should say Mum1984) Bet your happy Bathurst is over. Hope the holiday is both relaxing and peaceful. Also we have NR here also... need to buy more moo goo...

Apr 2007
    gold coast

jess: ur back to jess again lol. i know wat you mena baout playing until DH gets bored then ignores. DH will come home and stir jayda up then when she is all hypo and jumpin all over him he gets over it then gets cranky that she wont leave him alone or that she only wants him.

Mis: i didnt realise who you were again. i read you post and was goign oh another new one then by then end was like ohhhhhh i know who it is. I hope you get to go on ur hol.

sam: good to see you on here. did you used to be part of our group or was it from teh belly buddies?

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Post Gril-22 has turned 23.

Hello ladies,

Sorry I have disappeared. I have been so busy. I hear you ladies regarding the tantrums. Yasmeenia will not stop sometimes. It is embarrassment when we are outside the house and she displays such behaviour. She tends to do that when she wants to walk around on her own - the little explorer. Otherwise, at home she is delightful and happily and doesn't bother DH and I much. However, she loves kissing and hugging DH and I. When she is hungry she says 'Yum Yum' meaning food. DD hums turnes like 'Twinkle, Twinkle little star. Round and round the garden. Incy wincy spider'. She also claps to 'ABC's.

On another note, I have my first exam on the 9th and 20th of November. I can't believe how fast the year has gone. I am so glad to be finishing.

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

How's everyone going? Thought I'd pop in and give an update while Cam is still asleep. Obviously alot of you's probably see most updates on facebook anyway, but thought I'd pop in and say an official to everyone.

Cam is going ok, except for his molars coming through - though I'd rather it happen then when PJ (baby#2's nickname) 1st arrives. His 1st top ones came through about 3-4 weeks ago, but his bottom ones are just trying to cut through now. Poor little fellow, he has been sooky, sleepy, grumpy, has rosy cheeks and is drooling like crazy for the last few days. Also been running a rather high temp, mostly around 38, but creeping up to 40 in the middle of the day (doesn't help it is getting hot here during the days now...here comes summer!!!). Today I mum came down to help cuddle him, as thats all that seems to settle, which has made it a little tricky to get some much needed housework done. I'm just greatful that I have a more sooky teether rather then a grumpy teether, as he only been getting a little grumpy in the afternoon. When do they get there next set of teeth usually and which ones are they? (I know every baby is different of course, but a possible heads up for the next ones will help I'm sure),

He is becoming a real little chatterbox lately though. Not that many clear words, but is trying. A particularly new one is 'here' - usually when he is passing us something, like here Dad or here Mumma. He is also becoming a really quick learner, picking up things that we do. So we've now gotta watch what we do, like not chucking anything around - as our little shadow will mimic soon after. Though he has picked up a habit of cleaning up after himself , which I'm absolutely loving...after his finished with his blocks or his toys I'll say, put them away and he does...love it!

We bought Cam his first bed on the weekend...haven't really tried him in it, just wanted to have it set up in his room so that I can start to do day sleeps in it. But because he has been sooky that last few days, haven't had a chance to try it out. Its a Happy Train themed single bed. We looked at them a few weeks ago to gather ideas, and went around to other places on the weekend, but DH and I just kept thinking of that Train one. So we thought we go and have another look and see if Cam reacted the same as he did the first time we'd looked at it, and he did exactly that...as soon as we put him down in the shop (its a kids bed shop) Cam ran over to this particular bed, climbed on and layed on the pillow (had it made up for display). So to do it again we figured was a really good sign. He has had a couple of morning sleeps in it with me the last 2 days though, cause he had been stirring about 6, so I would go and get him some milk, lay him in the bed and I'd lay next to him. After his milk he's been drifting back off to sleep for 2 - 2.5hrs more (and so have I) - so I figure he is getting a bit of an idea of what it is about. Maybe next week I will do some official day sleeps in it.

As for my pregnancy...all is going well. I'm 25weeks and 2 days today, and haven't been sick since week 16 I think it was...so I'm thrilled with that . Last time I was sick most of the way through. Have been alot more tired this time though, which I guess is expected when I'm chasing an active toddler around all day or working, then chasing the toddler around all evening .

Well gotta go, Cam's just woken.

Hope you's are all well.

Bye for now,

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hey lovely ladies... Very quiet in here without me... lol

Just popped in to see how everyone was going 18 month needles due soon for us... Arrgghh i hate them.

T is sick and throwing up today... Poor thing. Its been so hot so its not helping either.
    Tanties are still happening but i'm trying to ignore them or we have started time out in against the wall but T just puts her face there and cries... But i guess its better then her thinking its ok to throw herself on the floor, kick her legs and scream... or the unforgettable stamping of feet and screaming...

We've been in the toddler bed for months and T loves being able to get in and out. Although we've had a few instances where she has gotten up at night and started to play... Few nights ago i checked her and she was soaked. She got to the wipes and then fell asleep on them so all the moisture soaked into her clothes...

DS had Kindy orientation... OMG i have a 5 yr old... where has the time gone... soon i'll have a 5 1/2 yr old and a 2 yr old... WAAAAAA

Hope you all are doing well...

Jan 2008
    Victoria

Hi girls
    We have all been quiet in here lately. Busy time for us atm so i havent really been on here all that much, facebook everyday though
    All good here except Hamish is unwell atm, temp but doctor just said its viral which is what they always say if they dont know whats wrong. Hopefully he will be better soon.
    Busy with the new business, going really well, getting busier everyday. We got engaged few weeks back if anyone didnt read it on my facebook lol. Getting married in fiji next year, so excited.
    Hamish is still throwing the tanties and hitting etc. He is getting worse with the hitting actually, not sure if ignoring it is working. He seems to think its funny. He is still sleeping in a cot atm, will put him in a bed at christmas time i think. Not looking forward to the constant coming out of his room once in a bed though.

Jess i hope T is better for you soon.
    Bec cant believe your so far along now, you will have 2 children before you know it.
    NaNa how are things with Aadi, getting any sleep yet?
    Mis T how is Seth? I hope you have sorted out exp...
    Sass - i how is Jayda ? Any progress on having number 2?
    Nikki - how is Abbie and your boys? The new house?
    Hi to everyone else i have missed hope everyone is well.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

busy just doesn't cover it, Abb! I'm still hanging around, but not much. I've had a tummy bug this week, and it's stinking hot so just feeling lousy. Not as bad as down south tho, so I can't complain about it too much!
    Aadi is starting daycare 2 days a week from next week. We've had a couple of visits (where I picked up this tummy bug!!), and he is by far the most full-on kid in the room. But I'm paying for it to be someone else's problem for a few hours so I can maybe try and get my sanity back. Well, maybe not back, but somewhere in the general vicinity, you know??
    Most nights Aadi is sleeping from 7pm to 2.30, stirring a bit or screaming a lot, going back to sleep and then he's up for the day between 4 and 5. Never later than 5.15. It's mental. But I have managed, with a lot of effort, to get him to have just the one big sleep after lunch, and some days he's managing 2-3 hours. It's still an intense struggle to get him to sleep some days, even tho he is completely exhausted. He actually fell asleep on the couch watching Playschool last week. I couldn't believe it! I think that's the first time he has ever gone to sleep without any help, and without being in the pram or car.
    We've been going to swimming lessons once a week, and we have loads of parks with playgrounds close by that we do the rounds of. Haven't managed to find a playgroup or any other kids nearby yet. We still haven't got a car, tho, so we're limited to what we can do. DP is still stressing out at work, and has had to take the issue up with senior management because his direct manager is a pressure cooker! Hoping he sorts that out soon, and can behave himself at home again (not that he's ever here. ridiculous long hours!).
    Aadi is still hitting as well, and biting me a lot. It's really quite ridiculous. I don't know how it's going to go at daycare, but I'm counting on getting a number of phone calls and letters about his unruly behaviour... it's embarrassing, but nothing I do or say seems to have any impact. I guess I just have to wait till he grows out of it. The constant "gentle hands, Aadi!" is starting to drive me loopy, and the bite marks up my arms and legs (yes, legs!) are turning into nasty bruises. He already gave a few kids at daycare a good shove. He's the biggest kid in the room too... such a bully! He's also just cut two top eye teeth, so has been a grizzly little ratbag a lot of the time.
    I don't honestly know how I'm surviving at the moment, with no sleep, not eating anything, and this boy is just defiance personified, turbo-charged and eating me out of house and home! And I'm missing Melbourne terribly.

Jess - thanks for the reminder, I have to find a doctor now... Hope T is feeling better soon.
    Abb - wooo! Fiji?! That's awesome.
    ok, I gotta go. bogans next door have cranked up the music and I don't need the boy awake now! Hi to everyone I missed!

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Post Exciting news.

Hi Ladies,

I have exciting news. No, I am not pregnant. However, I am a graduate. I have successfully completed my course. My graduation ceremony is next month. I am so happy, proud and excited.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

Hi Gorgeous Mummas and Happy Christmas

So i figured I'm up early kids sleeping still so what better way to spend some quiet time then catching up with you all...

Hope everyone is organised for christmas. Not a great year here but we managed. Hopefully next yr will be better. Cant wait for the kids to open their presents though i'm not as into it this yr.

I had a job interview last week but i dont think i'll get it... Havent heard back yet and they said they would pick somepne by the end of the week (friday just gone) Maybe i should ring?? or does that make me seem desperate? I'm just so over having to do EVERYTHING for the kids and in the house so i think DP could use a reality check. 12 months of me full time working would have done that...

T has been a bit better. Still getting weird skin reactions so we may have to try the elimination diet with her soon also. They never figured out what the last BAD rash was. She is getting more verbal but still isnt saying much. I have her booked in for speech sessions starting next yr (mainly cos DS has the issues so its precaution as much as it is me freakin gout that i'll have to go through the same with her as I am now with DS. (which BTW is a freaking nightmare he just doesnt want to learn)

Girl- COngrats on graduating... What were you studying again??

NaNa- I read your post and almost cried. the way you discribe Aadi is like i'm reading my own posts from when he was that age. I wish i could be of more help. Its not easy going through what your going through. But on the plus side i think Daycare will be a HUGE help for you both. When you have a child that is wild & full on you certainly need a break now and then for sanity. Being young and having people tell me... "oh you'll need so much help... your too young to be a mum... Blah Blah Blah" (Mind you i was preg at 19 had bubs at 20... Not that young considering my own mother had my sister at 20.) I was constantly told i would fail so i made sure i never asked for help.... MY BIGGEST mistake. I did EVERYTHING on my own. I never even got DP to help. I was a woman on a misson and the only way i could function was to not stop. I was up most of the nights with him the days were full on and he stopped having a day sleep at 15 months (like Tiahna). I waited until DS was 2 1/2 before i put him in Daycare and when i started i wish i had of started sooner. Tiahna will be starting next yr 1-2 days.

I really hope that the break can help you and if you ever need a chat i'm on FB most days... lol

Abbie- Glad the business is going well... I alrweady said it on FB but congrats on the engagement also.
    We have the hitting issue. its a PITA... we started Tiah with time out. well obviously she wouldnt stand there for long but if she throws a tanty (and boy oh boy can she throw them) or if she hits we say "Uh Uh" and if she does it again we then say "naughty girl" and then take her to the wall face her to it and walk away. Repeat if necessary... (and it usually is) or like i mentioned to Sam on FB I'm trying to show Tiah with the dolls. She loves eyes and is always poking everyones eyes. So i got her a doll with moving eyes and she poked her eyes 1st time and i said same thing "Uh Uh" and then i hugged the doll and said Ouchy... Poor bubba... dont hurt bubba. (if you have the slightest grin/smile/smirk she will just pee herself laughing almost. She needs little encouragement when it comes to hurting people.

Anyways... Bet be off... Time to clean up for the relo's

Hope everyone has a fantastic christmas and new years...
    ♥♥♥♥

Aug 2008
    Melbourne City

Bachelor of Business (HR major)

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Glad to hear everyone is well. Its amazing how quickly our toddlers are growing and learning now hey.

Girl - Congratulations on graduating. Hey have you got facebook - we all pretty much keep up to date with whats happening with each other on there (well I do anyway- cause I'm a snoop ) - so feel free to add me if you do - use my email address- pm me for this.

I won't do personals for everyone else - sorry - got a few things to do - was just waiting to make sure Cam has gone to sleep before I head downstairs to begin the clean up for christmas day. So will just do a quick update on us.

Cam is doing well. He is learning things so fast. He is pretty much feeding himself now...rarely lets us spoon feed him now, so Mr Independant - which will come in handy when bubs arrives I'm sure. So I try to make alot of meals that are easily picked up with his fork or spoon and have a very handy plastic bib that has a drop tray - absolutely love it - but can't seem to find anymore anywhere (Mum had actually picked this one up as a joke for an Aunty who has a habit of dropping food a few years ago).

We are still doing some occassional bottles - morning and night, though I'm fazing this out completely over the next few weeks and just doing sippy cups- I kinda got a bit lazy while I was working, but now that I have finished its time to get into the swing of things and encourage the sippy cups more. He is pretty good with cups though, has got the idea, just very messy so I haven't bothered to much.

We have also now got Cam sleeping in his own bed. I can't remember if I mentioned it here (I had done a thread about toddler beds too) - but we got a train themed single bed. We started about 1 month ago with just day sleeps, but for the last 1.5 weeks been doing the nights too and he has been really good and staying put. The only problem I've had is that he wakes sometimes at 5am - which I find really hard to function with anything before 6 - but when Cam comes wandering into my room (as DH has usually gone to work already) - I put him into bed with me - and if I'm lucky he'll fall back asleep within a few minutes and then end up getting up around 6.30-7am.

As for speaking...Cam talks all the time...though alot can't really be understood, but you can see he is trying. It was really funny in the shops the other week - mum was looking after him that day and apparently while they were in a junk shop looking at christmas decorations he saw a lady also looking and picking up things and he turned to her and with pointed finger said "don't do that". The lady looked at mum and said 'what did I do' - they laughed. He can also count to 3 now though he can't actually say 1, but we start with that and he'll say 2..3 . So now I'm working on 4. We usually do this when we're going up and down the stairs (we have stairs front and back and I count them everytime for him). He is close to saying 6 too. And now I'm seriously working on the 'I love you' after Stanks saying it to you Mis.

We have also moved into MCN's...which we are loving. As soon as I started to put them on Cam - I could see a different look about his walk...like they seem much more comfy. So that's another thing I'll start in the next week or so is the introduction of the potty. I bought one a few weeks ago, just haven't got it out of the box - figured I'd start it in the new year...no rush though.

What's santa bringing your toddlers? Cam's getting a crazy coup car (cause he loves the one at kindy) and a few other little nick nacks...like crayons, new shoes (he loves his shoes...always trying to put them on), new sunglasses (as I find those one with the strap around the back he doesn't like, so now we will try just normal ones -as he has some of our old ones which he puts on ok - just too big for him).

As for my pregnancy...all going well there - I've only got about 7.5 weeks to go and thats if I go all the way. I have a feeling I'll go early again, as Cam arrived at 37weeks 3 days. I'm actually hoping for the 26th January (I'd be 37weeks 1 day), which is my late grandfathers birthday and we are giving this little one his (and mine - I was named after him too) middle name - which is Francis, so it would just be perfect to be born on the same day as well. Only issues I'm having are the leg cramps in the middle of the night and heartburn, though over the last few days I've found I'm feeling a little nauseous in the night again, but its not too bad. Also feel really tired and finding it starting to get hard to get up off the ground.

Well I've babbled to much now...better go get a start on downstairs (time to stop delaying the inevitable).

Hope you's all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Bye for now,
    Last edited by Frangipani; May 12th, 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Well, it's been pretty quiet in here until today! I think facebook has been the death of the thread... and I just don't have time for facebook!

Congratulations, Girl!! Mabrouk!

Jess - I know, it sounds pretty bad. Maybe it's not that bad, but I can see the downfalls of trying to do it all myself. I think I expected too much by asking DP for help, and was let down pretty badly and therefore just carry on doing everything for everyone just like before. It's a destructive pattern, but so hard to shake it! It's unfortunate when you can't rely on anyone, and all those people who say "you'll need so much help" just never offer any, do they?? hmph...

Aadi is going ok, cute as ever but exceptionally naughty. Childcare has been great for him, and the biting and hitting stopped almost immediately which is fantastic. However it was taking nearly four hours out of my day just getting there and back on the bus, and that's just ridiculous. And public transport around here is disgraceful and unreliable. Thankfully we have been offered a family daycare place starting in a couple of weeks that is just around the corner from home. Maybe then I'll have time to study for getting my license and have some lessons, now that we finally got another car. Not that DP will let me drive it, I'm sure! And maybe I'll have time to get my folio up to date and do something with my muddled brain... or not.
    We were going great with the toilet training, but daycare seems to have let us down a bit. I guess they just didn't have time to put Aadi on the toilet or listen to him above all the other kids when he's telling them he wants to go. But that wont be a problem with the FDC lady, as she has slightly older kids who are already at the stage of toilet training and is happy to pay attention to the kids she's caring for, not like the slightly distracted carers at the centre... And if I'm providing my own food for Aadi there wont be so many issues with having to explain and check every day about what he can and can't eat and why. The elimination diet worked well for sorting out what things set him off, though I wonder if it is harder or easier to control behavioural reactions as opposed to physical ones like rashes, eczema, etc.
    Aadi is still sleeping less than ten hours a night, but he's sleeping through most of the time now. Last night however... I woke up at some ridiculous time with him standing at my bedside singing at me, and when I tried to put him back to bed he threw a tantrum for about an hour. Then up at quarter to 5... It's no wonder he needs a nap at 8.30.
    DP is still being a pain in the bum. His manager has been fired, so work is improving for him, but something's still not quite right. He's turning into a grumpy old man, and a chauvinist too. I don't understand where he gets the idea that since he goes to work (at a paid job) that that's all he should have to do. Um, hello, the 1940's are over sweetheart! Considering he doesn't do any of the man stuff around the house (because he doesn't know how), and he certainly doesn't cook or clean, I think he's getting it pretty easy. Yet he is still complaining that he has too much work to do and no time for himself. Oh boo hoo... poor boy is used to having other people do everything for him, and I'm the sucker who's doing it all now. Spoiled!

I wrote out a list of Aadi's words the other day, since he doesn't really do sentences yet. Not coherent ones, anyway!! We're up to about 50-60 proper words, but he doesn't use them all. He seems to have a handful of words that he uses at any one time, then drops them to use new ones. Then there's sounds. He prefers to use the sounds that something makes, rather than it's name. Like animals, fire engines, guitars... he has this hilarious nanga-nanga-nang thing he says whenever he sees anything resembling a guitar. Most of what he says is in English, but there's a lot of French there too.

Bec - Aadi is getting tractor stuff for xmas. He's obsessed with tractors (goodness knows why!). Mostly second hand tho, since he trashes everything. I have had to remove all books from his room, as well as a lot of other toys that he was bashing on the walls and ruining the paintwork... He already got a big sandpit, and there's a swing set waiting for him at my parents' place. Oh, and a bag of toy cars, and lots of painting stuff. He loves painting and making a mess. He painted my nose red this morning. It's a good look.

Anyway, that's too much of my carrying on. I hope you're all well and have a happy christmas or whatever you're celebrating.

... 21011121314