Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #9

Yah thats great news, cant wait to hear how it all went for her, hope it worked out as planned

so gather that was all the txt said for now

It's all in the birth announcments.

Well said congrats over there but a huge congrats in here to you and your family Dee, you will have to let me know how it all goes with two bubbas around, so i can see what i am in for lol

All is ok here, not much happening, had a big pregnancy scare on friday, again, due to a doctor not informing me they were sending me for a further scan and getting a phone call from a major hospital asking about when i wanted an appointment!!
    A something cyst was found on brain at 18wks scan and nobody mentioned it to me till the other day, but have since found out they are nothing anyhow but they must of decided to just check it cleared up on its own, so had a horrible day trying to sort it all out, but have another scan now 21st August in Brisbane, will let you know how that one goes

Belinda that must have been very scary for you, I'm so happy for you that everything was okay with bubs. I can't believe no one told you what was going on it just shows you that sometimes they don't really care.

yeah and got another call this morning from another hospital wanting to book me into an urgent scan!! Cant believe it really

If its nothing why are they sending out referrals to all these hospitals then!!

Stupid ppl, so left it at original appointment on monday, so hopefully i come back with good news on that one!

OMG Belinda, that would have been so scary! All the best for your scan on Monday. Let us know how it goes!

rails Guest

yeah .... that must of been an awful fright Belinda, hope the scan comes back with positive news for you ((hugs)) ...
    Just gave Jesse one of those little snow domes to play with it is now smashed all over the tiles .... ggggrrr ...knew i shouldn't of given it to him to play with - his face lit up when i gave it to him though ...
    hope you are all well xxx

aaww cute about his face lighting up though, and as long as it cleaned up ok, maybe you could buy him a plastic thing with the coloured liquids in it that they turn over like an egg timer, mason has one, bit sturdier than the globes

Well all is still ok here, applied for a house to move too but as yet havent heard anything, will see how it goes, if not well wasnt meant to be and will keep looking

Hope Dee and family are all going well

Rails, you could try making up something similar yourself. I half filled a little water bottle and then put shells and glitter shapes in it (and put glue around the inside of the lid before I put it on LOL). Kynan loves tipping it and rolling it around on the floor.

Belinda, good luck with the house!

Shannon, yay for Jessalyn walking now!! Hope she is feeling better soon... and good luck with getting all the doctors sorted out!

Today Kynan has learnt to walk just holding onto one of my hands. Before he needed me to hold both of his hands or he'd topple over. This morning he made me hold his hand and we walked round and round and round and round the house until he got too tired LOL.

Thats cute Angel very clever

Shannon: Glad to hear all is ok with you, and hope you sort out the medical crap you need too, and Woohoo for Jessalyn keeping them clothes clean clever girl

rails Guest

Hi All .... yeah that sound like a good idea to make a glitter bottle thing - he loves to play with my half water filled bottle....was just a spur of the moment thing to give to him, knew i shouldn't of straight away .. doh !!
    Glad to hear Shannon that you are settling in .... moving is such a drag !...hope the doc work out well.
    Angel, YAY @ Kynan doing the hand walking ... he will be off in no time.
    Belinda, good luck with the house hunting.
    Well.... Jesse has his EYE teeth coming .. SNOTS are back AGAIN !!!! .... poor thing only had a week break .... he is soooo off his food, had really red bottom - which has finally cleared up thank god, was awful ... but he is sleeping well so far .... never ending these teeth LOL !
    I took him to one of those playclubs for little ones aged between 1-6 which is set up in the indoor sports centre ... they had two jumping castles, cubby houses, big gym mats, tunnels , coloured ballls ... etc ... Jesse had an absolute ball, he loved it - only cost me $4 because he is under 2yo .... mums sit at tables to watch, with coffee/food delivered to your table ... was great !

well back from scan today and not great news, they found a marker that could indicate downs syndrome, so although its one marker and they said it probally isnt, doesnt really help me not worry about it!!
    So not much else to say at this point, have an appointment on thursday with hospital doctor and then will have to see whether they think an amnio at this stage can be done so at least i will have weeks to prepare either way!!
    Also baby is breech but that could change of course closer to the dates, we shall see

Belinda big hugs to you. I hope they have got it wrong and your little boy is ok.
    If you need to talk please email me. I had a amnio done last week. So if you want to know anything please ask.

ETA: I've just added you to my msn if you use it.

rails Guest

Belinda .... thinking of you ... is very scary to hear news like that .... i had an amnio also with Jesse when i was 16 weeks pg ... so any info you need just ask...((hugs))

i am not even sure if its worth doing one at this late stage as nothing can be done either way, but i am unsure of when you get prelimanary answers, i have read some a week and others 24-48hours but then you wait a couple of weeks for proper results?

From what i am reading the marker doesnt indicate conclusively that anything is wrong, just very confusing and i wish they had all just left me alone really!

Belinda i know nothing can be done at this stage if you have the amnio but at least you know if things are okay or not and if they are not then they can prepare you for what to expect and help you get through it. It all depends on how you are with waiting another 10weeks to know.

((HUGS))

rails Guest

yes, you can have a test result within 24-48 hours to check for DS ... with full results of other possibilities in two weeks - it is called a FISH test (cost extra) .... i did this as i could not wait another couple weeks not knowing. Did you have a 12wk scan ? ... was there any indication then ? .... if you can have the test now, at least you can prepare yourself if anything was to be wrong with bubs, the last couple weeks of pg are stressfull enough IMO ....

Belinda, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you sweetie. Big

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast