Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #9

Hi Karen - WElcome back, of course we don`t mind you joining us, the more the merrier As for the tantrums, about 4 weeks ago we went through the same thing with Matthew, he was throwing tantrums about anything and everything yes including nappy changing time, it is hard especially when one is heavily pregnant and you are struggling with a child who doesn`t want clean nappies on, we got through it, just tried lots of things, nothing seem to work then suddenly he was happy again, tantrums have all stopped only now and again he`ll now take off with something he`s not suppose to have like this morning he grabbed a pen and took off at fast walking speed then threw it, then picked it up before Mummy got there and threw a tiny tantrum when Mummy took it off him. Do you find that with your DH Harry can be a little angel? I`m finding that myself.

Angel - I have picked up a lot in the last few days, before then I was quite down in myself as well guess it can be expected when I was so sick at this stage of my pregnancy. Wow your first scan already, glad bubs isn`t ectopic, bet you can`t wait to see that wonderful HB flicking away, although I know you`ll be nervous about it. Poor Kynan being so scared.

Michelle - Yay for Alex sleeping through.

Girls, you will all know when baby boy is here, I will not keep you in suspence. Not sure if Mark is totally satisfied with the name, men!!!!!!

Had to get up to the toliet 5 times last night, I was getting really annoyed by myself. Baby boy is certainly a lot quieter then normal as well.

Just thought I`d pop on here while waiting for Matthew to go to sleep, I can`t hear any noise so guess I should go and do the housework, my boys make such a mess, it looks like a bomb has hit the place!!!!!

Take Care

Dee

Thanks for the input guys. Deejoy, I'm so happy to see somebody else has gone through the same thing and made it to the other side. Did you think you would go mad? i just seem to be on edge all the time, hoping whatever I am doing doesn't set him off! It's just he is usually the complete opposite to this - my little laid back boy is nowhere to be seen! I do hope it's part of him being sick. He's starting to feel better so hopefully as the days go by his tanties will dwindle off...

Angel, he has had a fever for a few days so it all ties in with that I think. I know that when I'm sick and I have to get changed I start shivering so he must be relating those feelings to getting changed, nappies and bath time as well. Poor little thing...

Karen - Sounds like the tantrums might be linked with Harry not being well, when I look back Matthew`s tantrums were happening when he came down with gastro (he had two different gastro bugs within 2 weeks). Yes I did think I`d go made with the tantrums, I was blaming myself that I was doing the wrong thing, like Harry Matthew is very laid back and placid most of the time.

It`s very quiet in here, I hope everyone`s okay and that your just busy.

Are any of you girls finding that when you say No, your being ignored, all Matthew does is smile at me or even growls at me :eek: Yet if Mark says No to him and it doesn`t even have to be in a harsh tone Matthew brawls his eyes out, perhaps he knows he can get around me but not Daddy. He`s even starting to bite which isn`t nice.

Since we`re no longer Breastfeeding - boohoo I have found a wonderful time that Matthew and I can enjoy together, having a shower in the morning, Matthew thinks it`s great, this morning he was being quite bossy trying to get his pj`s off then he realised oh Mummy is still dressed so he tried to pull my ugg boots off, so cute So that`s our little our time for the moment.

Take Care

Dee

Karen, hope Harry is getting better now.

Deeanne, Kynan is the opposite. I say no to him and he often starts crying but if DH says no then he doesn't react. He knows that when I say it I mean it and he's in trouble though LOL. He seems to be very sensitive to my tone of voice but not so much to DH's. If Kynan goes to touch something that he shouldn't sometimes he will even look at me, remember that he's not supposed to touch (the oven for example) and he'll shake his head.

Ouch @ the biting! Although I suppose there's one bonus to not BF anymore LOL! Kynan hasn't done the biting thing yet but he will come up and rest his teeth on my leg or knee etc and gently nibble. It actually tickles and is kind of cute but I'm trying to discourage him from doing it so he doesn't think it's okay to chomp down LOL.

wow at how many sleeps are left for baby Dee, best of luck with it all and will be waiting to hear your good news

Well not much happening here, but realised i am not far off third trimester, its just gone so fast, i am kind of wanting it to go fast but at times not so fast lol, still doing the name game lol

What do you think of Tristan as a name?

rails Guest

Dee - Yes ... Yes ... being ignored is very much on the agenda around here at the moment .... Jesse is testing us BIG TIME .... we have the box for wood next to the conara which he knows he is NOT allowed to touch ... of course he has a toy that just happens to roll next to it, which he then just happens to drop inside the box, then he will look at me and reach into the box ... i say NO JESSE ! ... he stops then reaches again .... i will say NO again (little game for him i think) he forgets about the toy & goes for a bit of wood instead ... then i say "don't you make me get up !" LOL ! .... then when i stand up & he will then quickly move away - very cheeky ! .. Good luck for the labour , hope is all goes well for you, can't wait xx

Karen - Welcome back to our group .... ... in regards to the nappy changing struggle, Yes can relate too ....Jesse will always wiggle about & twist over - my solution is to give him something differnet to hold each nappy change, whether it be a toy or an empty wipes packet etc , also at the moment he seems to settle when i say "Poo Poo, stinky bum" ... & i smell him & hold my nose - he starts laughing & doesn't wiggle much LOL !
    I have had this problem since he started turning around ... Yes, quite a few mths, ggggrrrr .... i think i have moved on from the 'gone mad' stage LOL !... at a different level now haha

Belinda - wow third tri already ..... i think Tristan is a great name.

Angel - good news on the scan result ... hope the blood test go well too ! Poor Kynan being upset when you were having the scan ... he probably didn't like these peole doing stuff to mummy ... Jesse got upset when i was at the dentist - he was in the pram watching me get my filling fixed, he didnt like it LOL !!

Michelle - hope you get a good nights sleep soon ... that was one of the parts of pg i hated ... not having a good sleep for 40wks ...gggrrrr

Well Jesse is better now ... no snots anymore ... YAY !! .... he has a very red cheek so the night wakes will be back soon i will predict & the snots too i'm sure .. boohoo !

He is starting to take notice in all the things i have been teaching him - whereas before he lost interest quickly - he has learned to touch his nose, mouth & ear ... he points to his foot when i ask where does the shoe go .. & when i ask where are his hands, he will hold a hand out, i then ask about his fingers , he gives them a wiggle ... so cute. Also, i have given him DH's old mobile phone ... he is walking around the house with it against his ear blubbering .... i think he said "LOW DADA" ... which sounds like he could have said Hello !!! ....he has just started doing this in the last week .... he would just ignore me when i asked him to point to stuff ... is sooooo cute !

My sister is going into hospital this afternoon & is going to have the gel tonight to begin the inducing process - then if she hasn't started labour by 7.30am tomorrow her OB will break her waters .... .... me, my other sis & mum are going in early tomorrow morning ... my SIL is coming here to look after Jesse, which was really nice of her to offer, so i didn't have to take him in to the hospital. So i will be an aunty again tomorrow !!

Hope everything goes well with your sister Rails.
    It's great news to hear Jesse is much better and is learning so much.

I keep teaching Alex stuff and he doesn't copy me. Some things he will copy Kimberley with but most of that is naughty stuff. They have been fighting for the last few days and both screaming and crying at the same time. Alex is still waking at night always around the same time so now thinking it's a habit for him and he will stop it soon. Most nights he will get himself back to sleep. He's cut back on how much milk he is drinking also which i think is helping him eat more. Other than last night when he didn't want to eat his tea.

Deeanne, how are things going with you and your baby boy?

Belinda, wow @ almost being in the 3rd tri! I can't believe how quickly things have gone for both you & Dee!

Rails, awww Jesse sounds so cute pointing to everything! How did your sister go?

Michelle, PMSL @ Alex copying the naughty stuff that Kimberley does! That's great that Alex is able to resettle himself most nights.

I don't know what's going on with Kynan lately but he's been doing shocking poos the last 10 days or so. Really messy and smelly. So bad in fact that I had to stop halfway through cleaning a nappy this morning to have a vomit LOL. I thought maybe teething but his gums don't look any different and he's not chewing on things more than usual.

Poor you and having to stop mid nappy change, you need a peg or a painting mask it seems to get your through
    No idea with why its different lately

Dee: Hope you are going well and everything is progressing nicely for you

Rails - I hope DD has a quick labour and is holding her baby by now. It`s lovely to see them learning, I get a big kick out of it.

Michelle - They always pick up the naughty things quickly, Matthew was copying his cousin last week and we only see her 3 times a year but within seconds he was doing what she was doing - climbing up on my sisters lounge jumping on it like a trampoline :eek: My neice is about the same age as Kimberley.

Angel - We`ve had some yucky poos from Matthew as well, so yucky that within seconds they burn his little bottom, they have calmed down a bit now but it could have been teething as I found Matthew`s first eye tooth a couple of days back. That`s what Matthew was doing before actually starting this biting, just rest his teeth on my leg but now I don`t trust him at all after being bitten a few times already.

As I mentioned, Matthew has his first eye tooth, so that`s 13 teeth now and the others will not be too far behind.

Due day today but someone forgot to tell Baby Boy LOL Mark keeps asking has he arrived yet LOL

Take Care

Dee

Wow your still hanging about Dee, do some squats girl, started my labours off

Very exciting waiting for your news though

rails Guest

Michelle - sounds like he might be teething again .... Jesse would hardly eat a few weeks ago ... was terrible, he is back on the food now, loving it ... until the next tooth ! ... vicious cycle (sniff)

Angel - wow must of been a stinker must be something in the air as the last few days Jesse has not done one solid poo ... they have all been mushy & yesterday was very very stinky ... had not smelled anything like it, was awful ... i thought he might have a tummy ache, but he seem perfectly fine .... strange ? ... same here, thought it was teething & checked his gums & the last molar has not swelled up yet ... so not sure either ???

Dee - I love it when he does the pointing game ... but i'm not game to get him to do it in front of anyone else other than dh ... because he always makes a liar out of me ... & i have to say the usual - he does it all the time on our own LOL ! .. so will keep practicing some more till i am more confident with his understanding haha

Well my sister had her baby yesterday morning @ 11:02am .... Baby Girl named KYANA LEE - 7lb 7oz .... she is my sister's second child, they have a 2yo chatterbox named Shynelle who was the only one that guessed she was having a girl .... everyone was convinced she was having a boy ... she had such a different pg, from start to finish she carried different also. They are both doing very well ... she had a natural birth.

Jesse is doing well ... not much to report, my SIL looked after him yesterday & said he was an angel .... not dramas at all with him ... she has a little 6mo, so was really good of her to care for him while i was at the hospital ... we left at 7am.

Hi Everyone.

Well, you guys were right. Harry's tantrums disappeared along with his illness - thank goodness! I did find that if I ignored them he stopped pretty quickly and if I shower him in praise when changing his nappy, his clothes or bathing him he really reacts in a positive way. So I just make sure I tell him what a good boy he is and he generally will lie still for me.

So thanks again for your help! I hope everybody is well. xxoo

Karen - That`s great news

Rails - Congratulations on becoming an Aunty again, I sound like your sister, I`m carrying completely opposite to Matthew, all really low wheras Matthew was always high. Glad Jesse is doing well.

Belinda - You sound surprised I`m still waiting, I`m not, I knew I`d go over again, I just hope it`s not 2 weeks over!!!!!

Well we no longer have a name for baby boy, Mark told me 3 days ago he no longer wants his brother`s name, I thought he was joking so it`s taken this long for me to believe that he`s deadly serious LOL I told my Dad today don`t be surprised that Baby Boy doesn`t have a name, his reply was he`s never know a man to change to mind as often as Mark does about things, he`s right there, I`m always telling Mark he`s worse then a woman LOL

Matthew `sdoing well although he did have another allergy flare up a few nights back, not as bad as last time but he still got extremely itchy, red and hives all over his face and it was due to pasta that he`s had for months, oh I hate allergies!!!!! Gave him some Phernergen as we were told to do when it`s not affecting his breathing (then we use adrenaline if breathing is affected), by the time he went to bed about 1.5 hrs later he wasn`t quite so red.

Take Care

Dee

Well as long as your not suprised Dee then its all good

I thought you had a planned c/section with Matthew
    Glad that his rash went down

Shame about the name want my lists of them lol

Belinda - I was 40 wks, 6 days with Matthew when I was advised to have a c/s.

LOL I`ve got Mark onto the name game, I`ve given up and just going with the flow LOL Knowing Mark he`ll change his mind AGAIN!!!!!!!

LOL well i thought you said earlier you really like Nathan and it goes well with Matthew

Nathan Joel last name lol, there ya go

Hi Everyone,

Alex has finally start to sleep all night again which is great i think he caught Kimberley's virus and it just upset his tummy. He's cut back on how much milk he has and we have been trying to give him dairy again only little bits but hopefully we will be able to get him on to cows milk as it's so much cheaper than the soy stuff.
    Alex can now do Twinkle, Twinkle little star and he so loves to dance.
    Since i put a pillow in his cot he doesn't seem to move around so much next stage is to take the side of his cot so he gets used to sleeping in a small bed before he gets put in to a big one later in the year.

It's nice to see so many of us having babies again. Dee GL and sending you lots of LV.
    Belinda WTG 27wks today. Not long to go now.
    Lesley nearly 12wks how are you feeling ? How is Chloe ?
    Angel you being pg again just brings a smile to my face i am so happy for you and DH.
    Hope everyones little ones are doing well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast