Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005

Oh Dee (upon your lovely invitation i thought id pop my head in!!). You will be a fabulous mother two times, three times however many times over. I hate to quote Dr Phil (but since ive been a SAHM i cant help it) but he said that we have a seperate bank of love for each child born. I hope that Matthew sleeps better really soon for you. Maybe now that his eczma has calmed down he will be a bit more comfortable??

Oh thank you Heather, it`s really strange I had these thoughts months ago and thought I had overcome them but now I`m pregnant they are coming back that Mr Matthew will miss out, it`s silly really as he`ll also miss out if I wasn`t pregnant.... catch 2 situation hey Matthew is much more comfortabe now thank goodness no more scratching madly at his skin. So how are you and little Hendy?

Rails, great pics on your site! Jesse looks like such a happy little bub!! Kynan tends to chew the cuff on his sleeves as well... they end up very soggy sometimes LOL. Actually, he'll chew pretty much anything he can get his hands on LOL.

Juliette, that's fantastic that your tank has a lot of water in it! Before we had a bore we were always worried about our tank levels. It's great to see them full! I hope Hannah keeps having more good nights than bad.

Shannon, yep, we put Kynan in the hugabub facing outwards now quite a bit, especially when we're out shopping. He loves being close to me and still being able to watch the world go by. He cracks up and laughs REALLY loudly at people walking passed LOL. The only thing about facing out though is that it does put a little more strain on your back than facing in. Facing in I can walk around with Kynan for 5 hours or so, but facing out only 2-3 hours before I really start to feel it. Hope Jessalyn starts pooing again for you!

Nell, hi! How much does Matty weigh now?

Deeanne, sorry to hear your nights haven't been that great. Hope Matthew settles down soon as it'll be exhausting for you being PG too! And yay for no eczema!

Kynan went really well with his Santa photo. I thought he'd scream the place down but he just sat on Santa's knee, had a look around... grabbed Santa's beard... PMSL. I had to run over and untangle his hand before he yanked Santa's beard off!

I was going to give Kynan pears mixed in with rice cereal next but I noticed he had a pimpley looking rash on his back and I don't know if it was from the rice cereal so we've gone straight to pumpkin which he loves. He ate the whole container today (probably about 4 tablespoons). It certainly makes a mess when he blows raspberries & sneezes with a mouth full of pumpkin though LOL.

Good Morning All,

Just checkin' in. Not much to report here. Hannah's just rolling/commando crawling around the office floor blowing raspberries at me. I can feel the spray from here!

Angel - Glad to hear the santa photo went well! LOL @ him trying to rip off santa's beard. Sounds like he's going great guns with the solids! You can always try him on the rice again later and see if he has the same reaction ('cos it has the extra iron in it)

Dee - I've had the same thoughts re: two bubs. It really is a catch 22. Ultimately though, Matthew will gain more benefit out of having a sibling to play with, and he'll learn some all important social skills like waiting and sharing! I am so glad to hear that Matthew's eczema has cleared up! Hannah's is looking much better. My GP said that this is the best season for eczema sufferers. I also have a great non-steroidal cream called "Ellidel" - it's not PBS listed yet, so it's kinda expensive - but it seems to have done the trick (before I was having to use cortizone for two weeks with one week off, then back on the cortizone just to keep Hannah's in check). Hope Matthews sleeping sorts itself out soon... I can only sympathise...

Rails - Thanks for the sleeping bag tip! I'm pretty sure the DFO at Bris has that shop. I will check it out. LOL @ the squashed up poo. We haven't had any issues with sucking on sleeves yet...

Nell - Come in and visit us any time you like! Hannah's almost out of 00's and fits into most of her 0 clothes. I can't believe how fast she's growing!

Michelle - Well done on the cleaning! I did the house from top to toe a few days ago, and now it is back to untidy. We had a thunderstorm on the weekend and Tim (the softy) let one of the dogs in on the tiles. I have yet to clean up the paw prints (very slack of me!).

Shannon - Hope you can find something suitably sweet for miss Jess! Like you said - at least it's not going to affect her eating habits long term. Oh to have a natural aversion to fatty foods!

Well, I'd best be off. Hannah and I have a big day today! We have "mainly music" this morning, and swimming this afternoon... and lunch with daddy in the middle! Should keep us out of trouble for the day!

Juliette - What eventually worked on Matthew`s ezcema was swapping onto a stronger cortisone - Elocon, it`s the only cream which seems to help me also, then the GP gave us a trial of the Elidel, then told us how expensive it is but I made the comment well if it works I`m not worried as to how much it`s going to cost, anyway the Elocon took the ezcema away and the Elidel is now helping it stay away. Last week I had to get the script for the Elidel, again the GP told us how expensive it was we went to get it yesterday and collapsed when the Pharmacist told us it was $4.60, I don`t know how we got it so cheap. So are you just having to use the Elidel cream on Hannah likeI am on Matthew or are you still getting some flare ups which require the cortisone? I`m glad I`m not alone re two bubs, I`m feeling much better now and I`ve been thinking back on my own childhood and I loved having my little sister around, Mark has been in this position before both Michael and Alister have the same age difference as Matthew and Baby #2, both Michael and Alister get on so well afterall it`s because of how good their relationship is that I wanted to try for bub 2 so soon. I knew you`d understand how tiring it is getting up to baby more then 3 times a night, it`s so exhausting. Have a great day today.

Angel - LOL @ Kynan with his Santa photo, glad he was a good boy except for trying to pull Santa`s beard off!!!! I hope Kynan`s pimpley rash clears up andit`s not a reaction to something he`s eaten. LOl @ blowing raspberries and sneezing while eating pumpkin, happens quite reguarly hear oo, I had spinach everywhere just a few days back LOL

Michelle - Thank you for your talk yesterday I have felt so much better since. I hope you managed to finish your cleaning and packed for your trip.

Matthew only got up 3 times last night so better then the night before, when he got up at 5.30am it was so cold (feels like winter here again) that I keep him in bed with me, I didn`t get much sleep with him there but at least he was warm and slept. Taking Mark to the Dr`s today he seems to have what I had in my eye 2 weeks ago, I wanted to take him before it got too bad like mine and it ends up feeling like your eye is going to burst.

Take Care

Deeanne

Stagnant water yuck that`s an awful smell and I`ve done that planty of times. How lovely of Corey buying you flowers was it a special occasion or an I love you gift? My eye is back to normal thanks Shannon once the antibitoics started working it was fine and now Mark has the same thing, strange.... Yay for Jess`s poo sorry to hear she`s still waking at night, one day we might all be saying they are sleeping through, wouldn`t that be nice.

Matthew had half a can of the big tin of baked beans for lunch then a whole jar of the Baby gel food, I brought some thinking it was like baby jelly but it`s more like puree fruit I could have done it myself oh well you don`t know till you buy it.

rails Guest

Hi Ladies,

Dee - hope little Matthew lets you have a good stretch of sleep tonight [-o< ... glad to hear his eczema is now under control - kwym about having the clear baby skin ... Jesse had the pimple rash (aside from the mild eczema) from head to toe till about last month ... is so good to see his skin clear, now his face is rashing up again, my mum says it is probably teething ... gggrrr .... also, how strange that the lady thinks you are crazy for cooking the food yourself .... the food jars are convenient, but in the end its your cooking they little ones have to get used to when they get bigger !

Angel - how funny that Kynan grabbed Santa's beard .... he must get that all the time .... i can't wait to take Jesse & see his reaction to Santa ! ... do try the rice mix again in a few days, it does have extra iron in it, since the baby iron stores are now depleated from 6mths.

Julliete - hope you day went nice & smooth, sounds busy....Have you started Hannah with swimming lessons .? .... I was thinking about signing Jesse up soon also .... does she love it ?

Shannon - last night Jesse slept very well .... when I went in to him this morning he was up the other end of the cot on his tummy sucking his finger ... so cute ... had to grab the video camera ! .... lucky he had the sleeping bag he was still nice & cosy.

Jesse had his MHC this morning ... all good here, he is now 69.2cm length & 7.2kg .... she says he is going to be Tall & Lean ... I told her thats just like his dad .... last nights birthday dinner went well ... DH loved the special meal as he knows time to cook is limited these days.

hope you are all well ....

Thank you Rails, I hope so too, I`m totally exhausted, not sure if it`s pregnancy related or just from getting up to Matthew so often. What a shame that Jesse is getting a rash on his face again, I hope it clears soon for you and him. That`s exactly what we think too, he`ll eventually be eating what we eat so why start him off on something different now. Jesse is doing very well, he`s a great length, catching up to Matthew there Wohoo for the Birthday dinner glad it went well.

I looked at Jesse`s photos yesterday, he is just beautiful. Well done.

Juliette, hope you had a great day! How did Hannah go with the swimming?

Deeanne, great to hear Matthew was a bit better last night. Fingers crossed things keep improving! I hope Mark's eye is okay! That's interesting about the baby gel. I've been wondering what it's like but won't bother getting any for Kynan now.

Shannon, glad Jess loved facing out in the hugabub! Kynan's asleep in ours ATM as he's getting really clingy and won't sleep if I'm not in the room. Hopefully Jess will like the pumpkin. Yay for the poo! WTG Jess! LOL @ the flower water!

Rails, aww @ Jesse sucking his finger. They look so cute when they do that don't they!

Kynan had 3 tablespoons of pumpkin this morning but still seemed a little hungry. I thought he'd only eat a couple more teaspoons so didn't defrost any more pumpkin but instead opened up a jar of apple & peach... he ate 3/4 of the jar LOL!

His poos have changed today as well... which I have to admit I'm pretty happy about LOL. No more yucky runny stuff, it's all solid now so I can just shake it off the liner into the loo. And it doesn't really smell that bad either which is weird as everyone's been telling me about the shocking smell once they start on solids LOL.

Hi All,

Well, I got us ready, out the door, in the car and off to town. Totally lost it on the way there and didn't end up doing anything. I just couldn't face people at all today. This has become an all too familiar pattern for me these last few weeks. Really annoying. I made it to town, but ended up just taking Hannah to the Child Health Clinic to feed and change her (it's in the middle of town and set up really nicely - like a lounge and away from lots of people like the mothers room in the mall). I sat there trying to compose myself and willing myself to go to at least swimming, but ended up spending the day bawling for no reason in particular. I have an almighty headache. This is a daily thing for me atm - so inconvienient! The CHN made an appt for me with my GP, so I saw him this afternoon. Everyone's been trying to convince me to take antidepressant medication, but I'm just not willing to. Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon. I am so over feeling like this!!!!!!!

I'm hoping (wishful thinking) that it's *just* sleep deprivation and will pass when Hannah starts sleeping more...

Yay for 500 posts!

Hey Shannon...I have a really great counsellor that I see twice a week atm at community mental health. It's not really helping though unfortunately. I think that's why I'm feeling so bad now. Feelin' like a bit of a hopeless case! I should post in the PND forum I guess...but am choosing denial for a little longer...

rails Guest

Morning All ....

Dee - thanks, we think he is a little cutie also....(but i am bias) ... have a new roll of film to be developed tomorrow ... so will get some more recents pics up shortly. How did Matthew go last night ...?? ... aaand how are you going .... i can just imagine you being so exhausted, i don't know how you get thru the day ... hope you rest as much as possible - don't try to be superwomen, stuff like housework can wait ... did you try the blackcurrent mix Gel from Heinz ... that one is like Jelly ... Jesse loves it.

Angel - Way to go Kynan ... sounds like he his eating up well. Its good when the poos start to bind together , I don't reckon the smell is that bad either ... maybe when they get bigger :smt102

Juliette - i'm no expert but getting the amount of sleep you are getting would make anyone feel completly out of whack .... & I so agree with Shannon you are NOT a hopeless case ...YOU ARE A GREAT MOTHER, being a mother is a massive lifestyle change & our bodies go thru alot of mixed emotions also .... sometimes the hormones don't go back in the right spot .... so, probably would be worthwhile to have a chat to an expert in PND ... there is nothing wrong with that ... it's all about getting back on track & enjoying life again .... :hugs:

Shannon - When Jesse started rolling onto his tummy in the cot he would wake up crying & I would have to tuck him back in to settle him - sometime a couple times a night. But, i found that a sleeping bag really helped because when he got out of the blankets he wouldn't wake from being cold anymore, now i find him up the other end all the time - still cosy. ...HTH

Just having a quite day here today .... not much happening ... Jesse is having a play in the rocker, I have attached a push button Animal Band toy to the bar & he is pressing the buttons laughing away.
    I got the dreaded AF yesterday .... got it last month also ... must be because of the solids my milk is slowing up ... the AF comes back with a vengance ... so not feeling all that great .... boohoo

hope you are all well ....

Thanks for my hello's ladies, great to see you all chatting up a storm

Matty is well, he has had a few wakefuls nights just to keep me on my toes. Angel - I think he is around 9kgs now? Wouldn't be far off it.

Shannon - Matty moves all around the cot. I have decided to get him a gro bag as it isn't bad atm but at winter with him flinging the sheets off, he'll just end up being cold all night. Yay on her putting herself to sleep though!

Juilette - lots of hugs to you... I hope the trip to the gp goes well. Youa re a good mum. Just thought I'd let you know that.

A big hello to everyone else, can you believe it's nearly Christmas! Arrgghh!!

Hi All,

Thanks for all the hugs. We'll be fine I'm sure. Having a day at home today. Tim's out at his parents place mowing the lawn or something. Hannah's having a short nap. All in all a pretty boring day!

Nell - I can't believe it's almost Christmas either! Crazy.

Rails - I got AF back at 11 weeks. Not fun! I was feeding 2 hourly around the clock too! Sneaky ol' AF. Hope you're feeling better this arvo...

Shannon - Sounds like Jess is getting very good at resettling herself at night. It's a pity she's waking herself more often though! Hannah's sleeping in a portacot next to my bed atm at night (during the day she's in her timber cot) She seems to wake less in the portacot 'cos it doesn't hurt as much when she bangs up against the mesh... I don't know if you've seen Hannah's website, but I have a classic photo of her at Riverton sleep school with her arms and legs out of the cot (in the 5 months folder). Minutes before she'd also had her lips wrapped around the bars as well... missed that photo op though.

Juliette - Hugs to you, your a great Mum and a fantastic person and as the girls have said sleep deprivation doesn`t help at all. Hope you enjoyed you day at home today

Nell - Matty sounds like he`s doing well

Rails - I`m too exhausted to even try to do the housework atm, it`s Mark`s Birthday next Wednesday so it`ll have to be done by then as his Mum and Sister are coming over for the day. As for Matthew`s night last night he had the worse Matthew night on record, I was up to him every 2 hours, it`s really getting quite ridiculous and I have no idea what to do about it. Sorry to hear AF turned up and your not feeling too good with it. I haven`t tried the Heinz brand of gels, I will have a look at Bi Lo for them, it was the Golden Circle Brand I brought.

Shannon - Matthew is the same ends up all over the place but he`s used to not having covers on him as he hasn`t left them on since he was 6 weeks old.

Angel - Kynan sounds like he`s doing so well on his solids. Lucky you for the poos not to smell, they were wicked with Matthew but I have since got used to them.

Went out Birthday and Christmas shopping today but after 3 hours of it I was all shopped out and exhausted so decided to give up on trying to do it all today.

As i said earlier I was up to Matthew every 2 hours last night, Juliette I think he`s been talking to Hannah

Juliette, HUGE hugs to you sweetie. I hope today's been a better day for you. You know we're all here for you.

Shannon, wow WTG Jess for self settling! Maybe she could have a word to Kynan LOL. Kynan's just getting the hang of rolling from back to tummy so I hope it doesn't mean he's going to be all over the cot at night!

Rails, bummer about AF coming back regularly! Feel free to send AF my way... I wouldn't mind a visit LOL! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nell, Christmas is just around the corner isn't it! Have you got much planned Matty's first Christmas?

Deeanne, what do you have planned for Mark's birthday? Yikes @ having to get up to Matthew every 2 hours last night! I hope he settles for you soon.

I gave Kynan some rice cereal again today, mixed with a bit of pear. He quite enjoyed it but we'll have to see if he develops a rash again over the next day or so.

G'Mornin' All,

Just bumping our thread 'cos it disappeared off page 1...

Have been up for a while thismorning already. Can't sleep. Hannah's had her brekky and gone back to sleep however. Tim's asleep.

We would usually go on a mum's with prams walk on a thursday morning, but again, I'm not up to it. One of the mums from my mum's group rang yesterday concerned that I'm becoming a hermit. So I'm going to her place for lunch... Very sweet of her.

Otherwise, it's another pretty mundane day at our house!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast