Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005

Rails, not sure if you`ve seen this message for you http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17096

G'Mornin Girls!

All is well here. We had a lovely squishy nappy thismorning after two days of pears, a few sips of warm water and no baby rice. Hannah is one happy girl. She was weighed yesterday. She's 8.6kg and 67cm long now.

Way to go Dee!!! Congrats! How exciting!

Shannon - That's a yummy sounding mixture! Glad Jess likes it!

Rails - I think the fruit thing is a top idea. I'll definately be doing it from now on. Yay for Jesse's piccie in the paper! Pity they didn't get the details right though - they spelled my new married name wrong when they printed our wedding pic. Oh well!

Michelle - LOL at the image of Alex clamping his mouth shut! I shouldn't laugh, but they can really be such little characters can't they??

Angel - how did Kynan like his first try of baby rice?

Belinda - how's the quitting smoking? DH did that a couple of years ago, and I remember how tough it was for him. Stay strong! Keep that mind busy!

I'm gonna go get this messy house organised while Hannah is asleep (yes, you read correctly - she's SLEEPING!!!! Yay!!!)

rails Guest

Morning Ladies,

Dee - thanks for that, I did not see that notice ... didn't even know that page existed .... have to find time to look around BB a bit more ... so many threads ... haha ... glad to hear Matthew had a good night ... gosh i remember the terrible pg sleeps ...hugs to you xx

Shannon - YAY for a Sleeping Jessalyn, good to hear the rice mix worked !

Juliette - that is great to hear that Hannah had a lovely squishy nappy ..haha ... looks like her weight & length are on track as well !

Well, am off to Baby Buntings today, need to try to get a lightweight summer sleeping bag for Jesse, at the moment he only has a winter one which works very well when he gets out of the covers - he does not wake up when he is wearing it I found .... will wake crying otherwise ... so fingers crossed they have some left ! [-o< .... spent the day yesterday cooking meat & veges / chicken & veges for Jesse ... the freezer is full of his food .... should do me for a few weeks .... hope you all are having a good day

Don't you just love those kinda nappies Juliette
    Hannah's weight and height are great she is doing so well.
    How is her sleeping now ??

Rails hope you had a nice time at Baby Buntings and brought some great stuff.

I went and brought some new shorts and t-shirts for Alex today as he doesn't have much that fits him.
    Got Alex weighed today and he has lost 30grms but I am not worried about that will see how he does next week if i can get Paul to take him to the clinic. Hopefully he will take him if not i will go the week after.

Michelle - Hopefully Paul will take Alex for you next week otherwise I don`t think it will be a worry if he doesn`t. Have a great time away

Rails - Have fun at Baby Bunting. Yay for the freezer being full of Jesse`s food.

Juliette - Yay for the nappy, I`m going to have to get some prune juice for Matthew, he has pear everyday yet he still gets clogged up. Yay for her weight and height growth. How are your nights now?

Yay for Jessalyn eating your mixture, sometimes they like the weirdest combinations, not that yours was too weird.

Went to GP today, I was told I was underweight and needed to put more on, no real worry there considering I put on 18kgs with Matthew then dracula Lady mentioned about my unplanned pregnancy :shock: , she quickly back tracked when I told her it was planned, not sure if she believed me

Happy 6 Months Jessalyn and Kynan.

Shannon ~ Hope you are able to get Jess to eat something soon for you. I bet she will love the sweet stuff.

Deeanne ~ That was horrible of the blood lady to think the baby was unplanned don't you just hate that.
    All our families think Kimberley wasn't planned and we never told them she was but then no one really asked to be honest.

Thanks, Michelle! Happy 6 months Jessalyn & Shannon!

Shannon, I hope Jess likes the custard!

Deeanne, OMG @ the woman assuming it was an unplanned PG! Like it would be any of her business anyway!

Michelle, good luck with Paul taking Alex to the clinic next week.

Rails, sounds like you are well stocked up with food for Jesse! I'm planning on doing the same for Kynan over the next week. It's so much fun LOL.

Juliette, glad to hear the pears did the trick!

Kynan's doing pretty well with the rice cereal. He wasn't sure what to think at first (and looked like he wanted to cry LOL!) but today he ate 4-5 tablespoons of it. I'm going to mix in some pear tomorrow and see what he thinks of that (the CHN said to mix pear in as it helps them absorb iron). We had a CHN check up last week and he weighs 7.22kg & length is 65cm, so he's a little shorty LOL.

We're hoping to get a pic of Kynan with Santa tomorrow so hopefully he'll be having a good day!

rails Guest

Afternoon Ladies....

Well have finally got off my butt & organized a Web site for Jesse....still fine tuning it ... so will link the address when ready .... hopefully not far away ....
    Didn't end up going to Baby Buntings went to DFO instead & they had a few baby shops there & managed to get a lightweight sleeping bag for $10 ... YAY .... washed it soon as i got home & put it on Jesse that night because it was quite warm on Thursday, perfect timing !! ....
    Not much happening here.... DH went out last night so is quite HungOver, has gone back to bed again .... gggrrr .... I'm bored, so thought i would muck around on the computer .... Jesse is just rolling around, he is very chatty this afternoon...there are a few screeches here & there, he is enjoying himself little munchkin, don't think DH will be getting much sleep ... haha ...

rails Guest

hello .... geezz quiet in here today ... well, have updated the website for my little man .... if i have done it correctly you should all be able to have a snoop with no problems .... (fingers crossed) .... Also, managed to have a look at most of your weblinks also .... they are all so cute ...
    Dee - Matthew is amazing, can't believe he is sitting unaded, very clever boy !
    Juliette - Hannah is adorable .... such a cutie ... love that beaming smile !
    Shannon - Jessalyn is beautiful ..... aaahhhhh !!!
    I've looked at too many cute babies today .... think i am about all babied out .... getting tired now .... need sleep ... was suppose to go on the computer to make my DH a birthday card for tomorrow ... can't manage it now .... oh well he will understand .... night all ....hope the link works out ... xx

Hi Girls!

Hope your weekends have been fun/relaxing/whatever you were hoping it would be!

We've had a quiet one. Lots of lovely thunderstorms. We now have 3/4 of a tank full of rain water. Hannah's sleeping has been all over the place, though we've had more good nights than bad. A good night is waking 3 times or less. A bad night (like last night, is 4 or more wakings). I am still only feeding her once overnight though. The other times I am just patting/rocking her back to sleep. Takes a bit of effort, but hopefully it will pay of in the long term. Solids are going well. We've had poos every day for 3 days, so I'm much happier (so is Hannah!). Love those pears.

When should we introduce meat? I've heard that lamb is the least allergenic, but I'm not quite sure how to prepare it (do I stew it and then blend it up? Is it still stringy??)

Yay for reaching 6 months Jessalyn and Kynan! Our little treasures are growing up so fast *sniff*

Angel - glad Kynan is getting into the solids! I loved the look on Hannah's face when I first gave her the baby rice. Priceless! Sounds like he's doing really well. Hannah's a shorty too (66cm).

Shannon - how's the sweet tooth going?

Rails - Way to go on getting the sleeping bag for $10 from DFO! I need to get Hannah a lightweight one too. Not quite sure where to get one from though. I'll be in Bris next week, so might have a look around then. We have a DFO there - which shop did you find it in? Which brands make sleeping bags that lightweight? We have a 1 tog grobag, which is supposed to be light, but really is too heavy for our Aussie summers. Love the website btw. Jesse is so cute! That last photo with the big smile is great!

Dee - how are things? hope you're feeling fit and well! How rude of that lady to assume that your pg was unplanned!?! Some people!!

Michelle - Yay for the clothes shopping - what size is Alex in now?

Anyway - must be off. I have just been accused of being antisocial by my DH. Best go and keep him company!

Juliette ~ Alex is still in a size O but i have now been buying him a size 1. I know it all looks big on him but i want them to last longer than a few weeks
    I have given Alex chicken but nothing else yet. I'm still trying to work out the best way to cook the other meat.

I updated Alex's website today.

Alex has been sleeping all night again. I think he sleeps better when i give him homemade food.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

I think i put a jinx on Alex's sleeping last night he woke at 1am that was the only time so not that bad but really was hoping he will sleep through the night while i am away. As DH doesn't hear him like i do.
    Kimberley is sleeping a lot better again but still up at 6:30 and have a hard job getting her to bed if she has had a nap during the day.

I will have to try steak for Alex when i get back at the weekend.

Hope mixing pumpkin and custard works for you Shannon. I think it is a great idea doing it that way.
    Maybe Jess doesn't like babyrice much i could never get Alex to eat much at all.

Dee ~ How are things with you ??

Well i should be cleaning the house so it's nice and clean for when Paul's cousin stays tomorrow. I HATE CLEANING.

Hi Ladies,

Think I'll call myself the wanderer as I belong in Feb 05 but there is noone around that posts in that month. *sob* so I am wandering into all the threads to see how you are all going.

Great to see you all.

I cannot believe that some of you have bubs that are thinking about going into size 1! Matty is 9 months and has just into 0's. Today he has on 00 pants but I am thinking its time to put them away.

Anyway - had to share that! Hope all is well.

rails Guest

Morning Ladies,

Juliette - the store was called KIDSWEAR FACTORY, it has sleeves but is cotton light, so still good for a warm night, the brand is Oky Doky ... i got a size 0 ... that way he can use it over summer & not grow out of it. Thanks for checking the website out .... that pic you mention was the one they used in the paper last week ... I Love that smile ! ... Hope you get some rest tonight - gee you say a good night is waking 3 times or less - big hugs to you mate - i really am very lucky .... glad the number 2's are back on track ! ... Also, i started Jesse on chicken & he had meat for the first time on Sat'day .... I boiled a small chopped up rump steak, with carrot & sweet potato then blended the whole lot together ... so far am keeping the food only very slightly chunky still pureed for now. HTH xx

Michelle - will check out your website too ... can't wait ! .... glad to hear Alex slept better last night. ... i'm with you on the cleaning issue, ggrrr

Shannon - Yeah, i love that playmat was given to me by my mum. That is a great idea about mixing the pumpkin with the custard, i do the same when i introduce a new food that Jesse shows signs of not wanting too much. Checked those pics out of Jessalyn in hospital ... wow, you have one strong little bubba there .... poor little darling :hugs: .... good luck with the aptm on Thurs ... hope all goes well...

Well, last night Jesse woke crying hysterically at about 11:30pm .... tried to comfort him while he was still in the cot , that didn't work .... so picked him up for a cuddle felt his nappy .... felt quite full .... so began to change ... then realized he was holding a massive sqashed up poo ... haha ... no wonder he was so upset .... once changed & settled he happily went back to sleep. DH birthday today ... so will attempt to make a lovely dinner for him .... (he is still feeling a bit seedy from Sat'day night) .... hopefully i get time to prepare it ....
    Jesse seems to love to chew the material on his sleeve .... it is always full of slobber ... i can't stop him from munching on it ... ! ... does anyone else notice this with their bubbas ?? ...

hope you are all having a good day ...

rails Guest

Michelle .... just checked your website out .... Alex is very cute !! .... he looks like one very happy little baby ... & big sister looks just like her dad.... love that furry blue snuggle wrap Alex was cosied up in !

Lots of talking going on while I`ve been down in the dumps

Angel - Kynan sounds like Matthew when he started solids, he was straight into about 5 teaspoons straight away then it went into tablespoons within days and then a mug full, thank goodness that`s where it has stayed, I guess because now instead of just 1 meal he`s on 3. How did Kynan go with his Santa photo, I have a feeling Matthew is going to take 1 look and scream the place down LOL

Juliette - I`ve only recently started introducing meat, so Matthew would have been on solids for about 5 weeks before I thought about it, mainly becuase I wanted to go slowly with his ezcema. His first meat was a very little amount of lamb which I cooked in the slow cokker (Kelly`s recipe) and it fell off the bone so I thought I`d cut it up into tiny bits and gave it to him like that, he has chicken and loves it, I just stew it then blend it and add vegies. Haven`t tried any other meat as yet.

Rails - Thank you, we think he`s one amazing little boy too Yay for the bargain sleeping bag.

Shannon - Mark`s been looking at cars ever since those 2 lines appeared LOL So it might be a good thing you`ve decided no more as a bigger car is a head ache to find, don`t want to sell this one as we both love it but we have no choice. Compared to Matthew when m/s hit at CD13 I`m doing very well, most of the time I have no symptoms at all then suddenly I might get a slight wave of sickness, backache seems to be my complaint at the moment. How`s miss sweety doing?

Michelle - Good luck with the cleaning. I haven`t been too good the last few days, reality has hit me hard.

Nell - Matthew`s in 3 different sizes atm, 00, 0 and 1, I think becuase he`s long and not fat for his weight he can get away with wearing some 00 tops still. How is Matty, can`t get over he`ll be nearly 10 months soon, where did the time go.

Rails - Poor Jesse last night no wonder he was crying.

My nights with Matthew seem to be getting worse, last night I had to get up to him 6 times between 11.30pm and 3.30pm, I really don`t know what his problem is atm, opefully he`ll short it out soon and go back to only getting up once a night.

Now off to look at your babies

Dee hope you are feeling a little better today.
    Hopefully you will get to sort out Matthew's sleeping soon.

I forgot to mention for the first time in months Matthew has no ezcema to be seen Woohoo \/ I`m so excited as you all know we had a major problem with it and it covered every inch of his body except for his back now there is nothing, it is so lovely to have a baby with baby skin

I also meant to say earlier that when I was at work last week the lady I work with thought I was absolutely crazy and making work for myself by making all Matthew`s food, she mentioned that I should be buying him the jar food as what do I do if we`re out and about and don`t have any food on us..... Well this never happens as I always have food on hand plus he`s still breastfed and if it did come to that and he was straving I`m sure he would eat some jar food if he had to.... but really it`s my choice to prepare all his food and I love doing it so what is it to her :smt016

Thank you Michelle, I need plenty of hugs at the moment. I just read Kelly`s article loving two and the tears were like a waterfall LOL but I feel a bit better for it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast