Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #10

Morning Girls..

Well i had a shocker of a night last night with Miss Briley. Every hour from the time i put her in her cot she woke up. There was on period from 12.30am till 2.00am that she slept through. But other than that i got up about 10 times to tend to her. By early morning i just would leave her to cry and she would settle herself. That was until about 6ish i think, then she was put into our bed. I really don't know what's going on with her. Maybe she is sleeping too long during the days or something. Or maybe she could be just making up for lost time when she was good!!!

Kim - I am so glad that the website was good for you. Lets hope the information it provides can be put into action!! I always go on the development stage link and see what it says for whatever age the babies are at. It's very resourceful is'nt it. What is the Brauers thingy you used?? Sorry to hear the demazin backfired on you. Hopefully things will start getting better for you soon.

Leanne - Photos were are no-go unfortunetely. Brent just did'nt feel up too it. So we are going next week now. Its better that way anyways cause now i can get my hair done.

Nat - Hope you had a better start to the day today!! No accidents?!?!?!? The photos are getting done through GFP Studios. Have you heard of them?? They took the photos of Briley in hospital. They were pretty horrible i might add though. She looked like an alien!! And a totally different baby!

Tania - Its a shame you have too go back too work. How come you have too?? I would love to go back to work but there is no way i would cause i don't want to be away from Briley for that long. There is so much stuff you miss out on. Especially when they are coming into the age that our babies are. I can definetely understand the separation anxiety. I am frekin out about leaving Briley for a couple of hours at the cc while i go to uni next year!! You'll adjust i'm sure.

Vic - How many b/r do you have in your house?? Do the kids have to share?? I have always wanted 4 kids but i don't know if i could cope!! My plan is too have 2 close together and then wait until the 2nd one is in school too. That way i will have my studies and everything done then too. Thats the PLAN anyways!! From what i have read in your posts you sound like you have everything under control though. Your a real trooper you know that!!

Well Briley are off galavanting the countryside again today. Brent is on n/s so i thought i would go and visit my mate Michelle for the night. She lives about an hour an hour away. She is also 27 weeks pregnant today!! I can't wait to see her belly! We have'nt seen each other for a month or so and i sure think she would've popped out a bit by now. We are going garage saling tomorrow aswell. Then home. We have to start cleaning up the yard for the house warming next weekend. I can' wait!

What does everyone else have planned for their weekends???

Anyways better get going. I want to make my man a beautiful lunch before i leave .

Be back tomorrow.

Ciao

The tablets were supposed to help my skin and Darcy's CC. The chemist thought some omega fatty acids might do the trick. I have awful psoriasis and it's worse cos I'm feeding and losing some of what I need. I started taking them three times a day. Its a Blackmores Flaxseed oil capsule with omega 3,6 and 9. It's supposed to be antiinflammatory (hence for the skin) but he said it might make my milk a bit thicker. Well it did - and profusely more abundant! Not helping the CC but my skins great!

Sara its called brauers calm and its homeopathic. you aren't supposed to give it under 6months, but she was ok and I know what to watch for.....that and I'm desperate. The girls on here rave about it.

Hey does anyone have an Avent electirc steriliser? I've lost my instructions and need to know how to clean it. Cheers.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; October 13th, 2006 at 10:43 AM.

Sara: I don't want to go back to work....It is going to kill me to leave Jayden.....but I need to support my shopping habits! Beside that we want to buy a bigger house (and if possible keep this house as a rental). Chris's job is seasonal and will finish in Nov/Dec so I will need to support us if he doesn't get work during the off season.

Kim: How long did it take before you noticed a difference in your supply? How bad am I? I should just put him on bottle I know but its harder than I thought as I was so set of BF for at least 6mths. I can't help you with the sterilizer but do they have a website that it might be on?

Vic: SIL#2 is a day care mum, I would be more reluctant if it was someone I didn't know. I also have the say on whether I let her go out with Jayden or not....I know one little girl she looks after, her mother has said no to go out anywhere. Being family I will probably say ok...not sure yet. Chris isn't around him long enough to hurt him LOL and no he hasn't changed a nappy yet!! I'm not impressed LOL. We have introduced Daddy Son time where he has Jayden for at least half an hour and I don't intervene(sp?) at all. Most times I just go and cook dinner but sometimes I'll quickly go up to the shops to get a few things....Its not long but its a start hehe. Poor Hayley! I hope she recovers ok....and poor you having all 4 at home LOL I won't tell them where you are hehe

Vic ~ I suppose I am pretty lucky to have witnessed his ‘first’ time crawling. I didn’t think of it like that. I just didn’t want to look like the person who thought their son was better then everyone else’s lmao! Ouch @ hitting your head – I’d say you win LOL. My elbow is still tender but better lmao! As far as I know Lucas (Em’s brother) is doing really well. Things are really tense with DP’s XW and as a result the boys have only met once on Fathers Day. I had been hoping everyone would be adult about the situation but I’m pretty sure things will get worse before they get better unfortunately. Wow at Mel moving into a big bed – is she excited? We had bunk beds as kids and my mum did the same thing and kept them separate when space allowed as she wanted to avoid broken bones LOL. Damn shame about ‘losing’ those friends… I would have you all over my place in a second! I hope Saturday night goes well for you! Poor Hayley I hope her teeth come through soon for you!

Kim ~ Your poor mum with your brother LOL. And damn @ the demazin not working. Heres to hoping that the Brauers calm works. There is also some Happy Hippo (?) spray that you can spray their rooms and linen with that is supposed to help as well. Glad to hear that the tablets are helping your skin. Damn with the headache though – what a pain!

Leanne ~ Panadol doesn’t hurt them at all and when they are that worked up and exhausted its better for them. You know how people say that taking Panadol is physiological sometimes? Ie it doesn’t actually take the pain away but your brain thinks it does?? Well I swear that is the same for Emerson. Anything given to him in a squirter and he calms down lmao… I noticed it when I gave him Brauers Teething Relief (mind you that probably helped him). Funny stuff.

Tania ~ The early wake ups are brutal especially if you’ve had a late one. Em is still in the baby seat ones so he just goes in that. I will be getting a Trolleymate for when he is sitting though. Shopping was fun – I bought lots of stuff to steam and puree for Em’s solids. I figured now that he is actually eating regularly I might as well – especially seeing as the tinned stuff is so expensive. I wish I could go swimming with you. I have wanted to go this week but I have no one down here to go with!! I did that to Em with the nail clippers as well (no blood though) I felt terrible and Em screamed the house down for ½ and hour LOL. I get my SIL to do it now lmao! Buggar with going back to work – I’m sure you’ll be fine though. Daddy and Son time sounds great. That is pretty much what Gordon gets when I go to work on Sundays. Damn about your supply dropping. Have you checked out THIS – sorry if I’ve pointed it out before!

Sara ~ Definitely a better start to the day. When those two things happened the other day I just didn’t want to get out of bed LOL. Turned out to be a good day though! I haven’t heard of GFP before. What are you going to study at uni next year? I am going to study as well – its exciting yet daunting at the same time. I’m not sure how I will handle studying and being a mum. I thought I’d be fine leaving Em in CC but now I’m not so sure. I keep meaning to go down and put his name on the waiting list at a few places and I just never get around to it… Have a good time at your friends place – sounds like fun.

Ok I have a few solids questions. I feed Em until he pushes the food out or clams his mouth shut. Is this the right way or should I just give him a set amount of food? He generally eats twice a day after a bottle. He has Farex (about 2 tablespoons dry and made with at least ½ bottle of milk) and apple (a little tine) in the mornings and finishes the whole lot. Is that a lot? At night time he will have a jar of something savoury and then another jar of some fruit as well. Its seems like so much but he cries if I stop and I figure that he still must be hungry… Also does the milk I use making his rice cereal get included in the milk he has every day? Ie he has 5 bottles a day equating about 700mls… but he also has another 60 or so in the rice cereal? And on the solids note I definitely need to get a highchair as my back hurts leaning over to feed him in the rocker!

I got sick of nursing Em to sleep last night so I tried to wrap him again. Left him to fuss and cry and then he started screaming the place down lol. Picked him up and calmed him down then put him back in his cot and he went to sleep…. Hmmm I will have to see if that works again tonight me thinks. He is getting to heavy to walk around and nurse to sleep especially seeing as he’s taking longer to get to sleep rather then shorter the little monkey.

Had a great day today catching up with old workmates. Friday nights are my relaxation night. I am going to do some cooking and maybe get some ironing done while watching a movie… tomorrow I have no plans yet and Sunday I’m working… so exciting!

Tania, i think I started taking them Monday and noticed yesterday, so not real long.

Nat I'm a huge fan of the wrap. Tried to do it without today, but she has no sleep signals then, so I'll continue.
    It was however 39degrees here today and her room is upstairs and HOT. Guess our electricity bill will be huge again cos we put her down tonight in the airconditioning and haven't heard a peep....I know I know I just jinxed myself.
    I did about 6-7loads of washing today but only got 2 hung out becasue it was so hot. It's all sitting wet waiting for the morning.
    Oh Well. Ooh and we turned Darcy's car seat around. She loves it! She is a bit light, but she was kicking her feet on the plastic bit and she's very strong so we did it anyway.

Vic, poor Hayley! Hope she's ok.

Hello ladies.

Well today we went to the pool with my cousin and her two kids. Kaitlyn did not have a cozzie so I had to buy one on the way - oh and a beach towel of course!

So there we were all dressed nicely in our swimmers (not me though, need to lose at least 15 kgs before I even think of it), and well she HATED THE POOL. She loves the bath but hated the pool. I think it was a bit cold for her.

In the end she just laid on her quilt in the shade and lapped up the attention from my two little cousins.

Kim: we'll have to take the girls there when they get a bit bigger and appreciate it! LOL. Its at Glenbrook and its leafy and shady and nice... Maybe even an antenatal meeting there would be fun. Kids under 4 are free and I think for us it was $3each admission.

She's only had three bottles today but is fast asleep. That's only 450 mls. Not enough for a 39 degree day. Should I wake her or just see how long she lasts? I don't really fancy a wake up call just after I go to bed.

I'll be back later maybe, need to spend some time with my DH before he gets knarky.

Nat: Good idea buying food to make your own baby food! Not only is it cheaper, you also know what has gone into it! Thats what I hope to do when we start solids. I keep telling you to come up here for a holiday....You could have been swimming with us! Haha we didn't end up going today. Jayden cried a little when I cut him but not for too long....he's such a trooper LOL. You haven't mentioned that thread before...Thanks heaps I will def have a good look at it! I gave Jayden a bottle for his last feed tonight as I have nothing (or very little). Em you cheeky boy....go to sleep quickly for your mummy!! He must have emailed Jayden or vicea versa....Jayden is getting difficult to settle during the day now, I have to rock him to sleep and he will crack it big time if I put him down before he's fully asleep, but thats only been since I finished those meds, so that is probably why.

Kim: I went shopping this arve and bought some LOL I'm not wasting any time! I'll start them in the morning and hopefully they have the same effect on me hehe

Leanne: Was the pool heated? The one Sheree and I go to is heated and the boys LOVE it....I took Jayden to SIL#4's house and put him in the pool and he hated that because it was too cold. Heated pools isn't too nice for us but the babies love it. Is it still hot now? If it has cooled down I wouldn't worry too much about waking her for a feed, although she will prob wake up herself when you've just gone to bed.....maybe give her a bottle when your nearly ready for bed. I'm hoping the bottle I gave Jayden will see him through til at least 7am...wishfull thinking I know.

Have a good night girls.....I might be back after I feed the furry kids
    oxoxox
    Last edited by Tannis; October 13th, 2006 at 10:33 PM.

Kim: I got Cenovis Omega 3-6-9 Flaxseed Oil.....It would have the same effect even though they are different brands?? Are you taking 2 three times a day or just 1 three times a day?

Tania I take 1 3times a day. It contains 1000mg of flaxseed oil in each capsule. I take the Cenovis once daily multivite too and I think they're great so I don't think the brand will make a difference.

Vic, I agree with your theory. I want to do that too. Do you reckon when we're about ready it would be ok to cook and freeze just in case? What sorts do you start them with (besides rice cereal)? Can you freeze cooked pureed fruit?

Leanne that's a good idea about meeting at the pool. Shame she didn't like it though. I'm going to mum's today cos it's going to be a stupid temp again. They've got solar heating so I'm going to take our togs.....if mine still fit that is LOL - better check. We're going to have a Melbourne Cup lunch at Mels' next month - did I mention that before?

Ah cheers Vic. I think I've seen them in woolies?

I saw that the other day and was going to buy it but didn't... I think I'll go out and get it today lol! I will also need to get a blender... I can't make my fruit runny enough with just a masher LMAO!

Just a quick post in between 'chores'.....

I am totally over it. Totally. Ok so DH works but at least when he gets a day off he can do what he wants in a sense. I have Katy EVERY DAY. And I almost have to always ask for help, or its offered when I am half way through something.

I am dreading what might happen when I go back to work full time early next year. Will it be worse?

Does anyone else feel like this or is it just my PND talking again? I get so confused.

BBL.

Ah no Leanne, I was on the verge of packing up and walking out the other night. It's not the PND unless I've got it back.
    Yesterday when Cam asked what I wanted done and I told him, he didn't really want to do it. Then when he asked me how to bath Darcy without her screaming and I was telling him, he stormed out saying he hates when people tell him what to do.....grrr Today just like his family it's been brushed over like nothing's wrong.....so not my thing.

Leanne: Def not the PND!!....

My DP and I have been fighting on and off all afternoon about him working and me not working (yet)...I told him other DP/H's don't EXPECT their wives/partners to work and look after kids and household with little or no help! He said "You don't work...I'm the one that earns all the money and pays for everything!" I won't relate the whole arguement but he did tell me to "find someone else then"! WTF!! If he's not careful I will!! I told Jayden that we would be better off with someone who will love us both ALL the time! It must be the time for DP's and DH's to be S***Heads!! DP likes to pick fights....he is really quite childish!

Kim: Did you get any headaches from the flaxseed? I didn't get one from the 1st tablet but the other 2 I seemed to have got a headache within 5 mins of taking it....It may just be coincidence, I'll keep at it though and see.

I have given Jayden 2 bottles today....its better because I know he is having enough but its a real PITA preparing it and sterilising etc....It'll be alot worse when/if he goes to formula all the time!!

Thanks girls. Its great to know I am not alone.
    HAd a big cry this afternoon so my eyes look like tomatoes, so might get some teaspoons out the freezer to put on them and then go to bed.
    Speak with you tomorrow.

Oh Leanne It must be in the air you know, becasue Cam and I had a huge fight last night too. Tania you could have just put our names in your post and it would have matched.....

Now that you mention the headache, I've had one all week.....but that's not unusual for me so I don't know. I have noticed my memory's better though.

Well it was another scorcher here yesterday, so I took Dacry swimming. Mum and Dad have solar heating in thier pool so it was nice (and 38 degrees anyway). I just put her in an old rashie of my nephew's. I was going to get some swim nappies, but Dad said "Who cares if she wees?"...was the poo I was more concerned for, but didn't worry. She looked so cute with her little no nappy bum and her big hat.
    Well she loved it! She really is not pleased with the bath so I thought it'd be the same, but she kicked and moved her hands and watched the water....gonna have to get her some sunnies now! She loved the pebblecrete and tried to grab the stones on the step. Dad is already investing in a huge bolted down umbrella so her and Matty can play in the pool LOL he's such a dag.

She must have worn herself out cos she slept REALLY well last night. Shame it's not hot today LOL.

Afternoon Girls,

Very quiet in here!! Where is everyone?!?!?!

Our little holiday was good. Except for the 4 stops on the side of the road i had too do to get out and settle Briley. 4 stops in less than an hour!! I could tell she was sh*ty from this but when we got there she just did'nt want a bar of anyone but me. She screamed all afternoon. The only way we could settle her was too go outside. So we ducked down the chemist to get some baby panadol (cause i forgot to bring it!! ) dosed her up. She still was screaming while we were waiting for our fish n chips. So when we got home i put her straight in the bath, gave her some more panadol cause she spat half the other lot out, gave her a bottle and she crashed big time. She had a really bad tummy ache cause she kept stopping and starting with the crying. Other than that it was good.

We went and looked at some garage sales too. Man they must've thought there stuff was made of gold! They were asking $55 for second hand porta-cot. I could'nt believe it. I also found this cute little overall set with the matching pants and she wanted $5 for the set. I was like...no thanks love!!

Well i am buggered at the moment ...Might go and nap with Briley i think.

BBL

Leanne I hope your feeling better today! And I hope your DH is behaving himself!! My DP has been very nice to me today LOL....maybe he realised I was upset!

Kim: I hope it improves my memory....It just hasn't been the same since conception LOL. I got a headache again today but its not as bad.....maybe because its imporoving my memory, its hurting because its actually working now LOL. I know its prob too early for it to make any difference but I just fed Jayden...he only fed for 2 mins on 1 side (which is good lately!) and another 10mins on the other side. I had 120ml of EBM warmed and ready incase but he fell asleep! I'm not holding my breath but it is very encouraging. That EBM would be ok for the next feed at room temp right? I don't want to waste it haha.

Sara: Thats no good that Briley cried all that time for you....at least she's sleeping now and giving you a break!

I have ANOTHER candle party this afternoon...I don't think I will buy anything this time though....I have spent heaps on candle things in the past few weeks and I had also got $111 to spend on candles for hosting the party....Enough is enough I think! We haven't done anything else....No motivation the past few days, I think I feel really down about my milk and going back to work and DP can't understand either!

Have a great day girls....I'll pop in later
    oxoxox

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast