Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #12

Heya Girls. Just quickly catching up! Today we had our photo shoot and we didn't think it went all that great to be honest! But the photographer just contacted me before and said that all the shots turned out fantastic and we'd be able to see some in the next 24 hours (ahhhh the joys of being friends with the photographer!!). I've just been and done some more Christmas shopping for the kids. Ended up getting alot of clothes rather then toys as Kmart had a buy one item get 50% of your second sale on. Saved alot of money as well!! (Hmmm you do have to spend to save though - gotta wonder with my logic haha!)

Shazz ~ YAY for Ryan almost sleeping through the night!

Tania ~ That is excellent about your work letting you stay part time. That must be a relief for you. Pffft @ not resolving anything – bloody men!! I will load the pics up soon!

Kim ~ Awww big hun! You are not an awful mother (and I think you know that LOL)!!! :eek: at your day yesterday though – I would have been in tears!! Just checked out your site and Darcy is just so gorgeous!!! And funnily enough I have shots of Em eating the swing like Darcy is when he was at kindergym LOL!

Sara ~ LOL @ Briley falling out of her rocker! Em is starting to do stuff like that all the time. He certainly knows how to ‘fall’ without hurting himself. Just keeps on playing – very cute!! He loves playing with tea towels and blankets too.

Vic ~ You sound super busy!! Definitely send the link though – I’d love to check it out!

Mummy4Life ~ Packing before you’ve found a house haha! Nice work! Where abouts are you looking?

Leanne ~ That is so hilarious about the Asian tourists!! Especially with Mark being so tall!

I keep forgetting about everyone’s home pages since we changed over to the new forums! I better get a move on. So many things to do and so little time!!

Afternoon Girls,

Been a busy day today. Had to go into town and run a few errands. Went and got Briley weighed. Has'nt really changed much since last month though. She is just under 7kg and 66 1/2 cm long. I expeceted it too be much more since she looks heaps fatter and longer. CHN said she looks great though. She also said NO TV!! And to read her books. I told her that we sing to her often and she said that was good.

Briley is putting her feet into her mouth now. It looks so cute. She is really sitting up high now. But only for a few seconds. I love it when she does it cause she looks so small again!

BBL for personals!

Hi again
    MCHN visit went well although Ryan has lost 130 grams in a week but being sick will do that to you other then that apparently he is doing all the things expected from a 7month old eg milestones etc blah blah blah i don't take much stock in milestones cause Nick did everything so young he was walking at 9months had his first tooth at 4 months so as long as ryan is happy and healthy that all that matters to me but i will be taking him back next week to be weighed again just to make sure the weight loss is from being sick

Cool, a name change Shazz. Not great for Ryan, but he has had a full on week poor love.

What a coincidence Nat, I only uploaded them this morning!

Sara, Briley's not 5 months today....it's on Sunday....isn't it? She about the same weight and height as Darcy. Her site is lovely. We left you a message

I have had a lovely afternoon with my baby girl today. She'd only sleep for half an hour so I took her shopping. I wanted to get her some new clothes but can't find anything I like ATM that's practical for her to wear. I did get some baby balsam though, and it smells divine! (got to do something to combat the snot bubbles because the Demazin makes her hyper). Then we got some ego stuff for the cradle cap, but you can't wash their hair for 3 days, which was going to be tough seeing as she lays in a sling in the bath, but then she fell asleep in the car so I thought I'd drive a bit further to another Target. At the front door they had bath seat for 40% off! It says $69.95 but I paid $23.95. Bargain, but then I couldn't carry her and the big box, so she sat up in the trolley like a big girl! She loved it. Then we came home and sat on the floor at the front door and put it together and had a bath like a big kid. It's only taken her 20minutes to go to sleep too.....maybe there's magic in the balsam....

Oh but I start back at work 28 Jan. Did I mention that already???

glad you had a good day kim

yeah i figured it was time for a name change i don't have to dream of a baby anymore his right here asleep in my arms
    wow not long till you go back to work are you putting Darcy into day care ?

Nope, gonna work my hours around Cam's roster with Mum as backup.

thats great Kim and i love the baby Balsam too smells so so nice hope Darcy lets you have a good sleep tonight

my little man is still up tonight very unusual for him but he had a late arvo nap so hopefully he will want to sleep through for me
    night

Kim - Yeah i thought about that in the shower this morn!! Its been 4 weeks if you count the days. I get confused with it all!! I am so glad you had good day with Darcy. That is a bargain with the baby bath seat! I got given a hand-me-down from Brent's sister. We have'nt tried it yet though. I can't believe you like the smell of baby balsam!! I hate it!! When i got sick when i was younger my mum used to rub vicks on me and when she left the room i used to rub it off!! I still can't stand it!! Glad you liked Briley's webpage. I noticed you updated your space. I am going to check it out shortly. Thanks for leaving a msg!!

Shazz - 2 teeth now!! WOW...its all happening now!! Glad you NEARLY got a full nights sleep. I woulda sh*t myself too if Briley was sleeping face down. The last few nights she has been waking up laying across the cot! I can hear her crying and banging her head on the rails!!

Nat - Those sales are good hey. I really need to get my a** into gear and get in there and check em out too. Cause we live out so far i only go in one day a week and that day is normally big enough without having to run around on a search for sales!! Plus we still have plenty of clothes that were way too big which were given to us when Briley was born. I need to get her some new shoes but.

Leanne - LOL @ the asians. They are so funny somtimes. They are amazed by the slightest things!!

Mummy - Great idea with the early packing!! I have moved several times and when i did i always tried to pack several weeks before moving. I even tried to take all the stuff out of one room and clean it. Just so there is not so much of a rush when the time comes. The worst part of moving is the cleaning. And when you get to that stage where you have all the little bits and pieces left and you don't know what to do with them! Good luck with finding a house!! Great that Phoebe is sitting up now too!!

Vic - WOW you are a busy bee are'nt you. I would love to see your work. Email me the link if you want too. LOL @ Adam blowing rasberries while eating!! Briley tries to grab the spoon and bowl from my hand and gets the food everywhere!!!

Well today i managed to go into town, see the CHN, do the groceries, pay some bills, drive home and cook brent a roast chicken meal to take to work!! I felt quite proud of myself actually. Even though i was getting abused for someone being late for work cause he was sitting on his a** all afternoon and lost track of time. Even after i cooked this beautiful meal. GRRRRR......

Hope all is well with everyone....again thinking of Sheree, Wade and Lachie. Hope things are getting better for you little man!

Sara ~ Sounds like a very busy day! Em loves feet right now as well. Briley weighs a bit less then Em and is heaps longer (well 1 ½ cm longer lol). Your dinner sounds wonderful – where was my invite lol? I’ve only got one pair of shoes for Em which are so cute but I never put them on him anymore because he just kicks them off or they hinder him while he crawls.

Shazz ~ You know what I didn’t even notice the username change LOL. You’ve always been Shazz to me . I hope Ryan puts on some weight for you! I’m sure its just because he’s been sick the poor thing.

Kim ~ I can’t remember reading that you start back at work then but I could have missed it. I know that you’re working around DH’s shifts etc but is it fulltime hours? That is an excellent bargain with the bath seat too. Sounds like you had a fun day as well.

Vic ~ Em blows raspberries while he eats as well. Grrr like I want to wear weetbix!!!

Ok Em goes to sleep without a bottle (refuses it) a few hours after his last meal (a big serving of pumpkin and then fruit the little piggie). After being asleep for an hour or so (around 10ish each night) he will wake up and have 20 or 30mls of milk and that is it – will sleep through till morning. It doesn’t really bother me but I’m wondering why? I cannot make him drink more milk before he goes to sleep. Any ideas?

Nat - He might be teething. I have read that babies sometimes go off their food while they are teething. I reccommended a webpage to kim called "raising children". It is really really good. Has lots of info about development and stuff relating to whatever age they are at. Kim found it very useful for Darcy not sleeping.

If you would like link just give me a yell and i will email it too you.

Let me know!

Nat I'm going to do 24hrs a week. Either 2x9hrs +6hrs or 2x12hrs. Hopefully some arvos and weekend days to boost the income as well, which they can hardly deny seeing as I'm doing them a HUGE favour. No-one wants to do my job cos it's lots of paperwork and responsibiltiy and little thanks or recognition. On the upside I don't have to deal with sh#t as much and I rarley have to go to court. And my OCD gets enough of a workout there that it doesn't bother me at home LOL.

We're off to the funeral today. My cousin's coming from Newcastle to mind Darcy while we're at the service. She's going to come with me and just push her in the pram. But of course it hasn't rained for ages and it's pouring this morning.

BBL

Kim: Thinking of you and your families today with the funeral. Hope the rain holds off a bit for you.

My SIL and cousin are coming today for a day of sewing for Christmas. We were going to walk first but its raining. I'm not too fussed about it as we've already walked over 25kms this week. My legs are sore and my blisters need a break.... It's all part of our "operation fit shorts for Christmas", campaign....

Have a good day everyone.

Morning Girls,

Early one this morning. Been up and down with Briley all night. Not sure whats going on. Everytime she wakes up she tries to sit up and brings her legs right up to her chest. Not sure if she is irritated or what. We've been up since about 5.30am. Brent did'nt get home till 3am!! So i've left him and come into the spare room to try and sleep but thought i would jump on here for 5. Briley is now playing with her toys on the bed.

Hopefully some of that rain will be on its way here Kim. Apprently we are in for thunderstorms. Its humid and still as at the moment. I just went and took the washing off the line before it starts.

I have'nt been to a funeral in 12 years. Last was my mums brother when i was 10. Was very emotional. As all funerals are i spse. Its funny how it always rains on the day of a person you know's funeral. I known of a few funeral and it has always been raining on those days. Good luck.

Not much on the agenda here today. We have to take the BIN to the dump cause it is becoming quite vile! Then we have to take those dogs Brent found to the pound cause no-one has called to claim them and we can't afford to feed them anymore. Its been 2 weeks today.

BBL

Sara: Sheree was very concerned of course, but I thought she looked great when I saw her, really well rested (although she said wasn’t). It was a bit scary for them to see the tube in but that’s understandable. Briley is really thriving….well done!! Can you send me that link on “Raising Children” pleas, sounds interesting

Vic: You can email me links too, I’d love to see your work

Karen: Good luck with finding a house, great idea to start packing!!

Nat: I went to Kmart last night and bought Jayden a blue tshirt that says Tough Guy $7.99 and a singlet top that says Safari Division $5.99 – Half the second item and you get $11 right?? He only charged me $9.48……He manually discounted the 2nd top then the register discounted it again so I go the 2nd top for $1.50!! I’ll go through his register again LOL. If Em is still sleeping through I wouldn’t worry, he is probably just topping up a little and that’s all he needs.

Shazz: I hope Ryan gets better soon and he gains some weight. I didn’t notice the name change either til Kim mentioned it haha

Kim: Good Luck at the funeral today…..I hope it goes well and the rain clears!!

Jayden has taken to waking at 3.30am the last 2 nights and 4.30am the mornings before that. He is having a 200ml bottle and going straight back to sleep. Yesterday he was at PIL’s and I got MIL to give him a 260ml bottle and I give him a 260ml bottle before he goes to bed (the rest are 200ml) thinking that he wasn’t getting enough during the day but that didn’t work….his gums were annoying him badly yesterday so maybe its just teething…..I hope it stops soon I am so tired by the time I get work. I got so mad at DP again yesterday but I’ll write about it later, I have to get ready for work now

Have a great day girls
    oxoxoxo

Vic - Is'nt that wherethebloodyhellareya website the one that caused all that contraversry(sp??) with the word bloody??

Oh yeah and great work....your a little smarty are'nt you!!
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I didnt forget to say good work Vic!!!!

Vic ~ can you send me the link i 'd love to have a look

DoubleK Guest

hi everyone! i'm back!
    i havent been able to have much use of a computer lately!!

My little girl is getting so big already! almost crawling and she reaches and grabs anything in front of her! its so gorgeous to watch!

looking forward to catching up!
    Rach

hey Rach glad your back

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast