Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #17

Hi all
    My new years resolutions.

Lose weight - only 15kgs to go.
    Stay healthy
    Spend quality time with Kaitlyn and DH on the weekends when I return to work.
    Stop worrying about the little things in life.
    Get my drivers license. (test booked for mid Jan)
    Make a quilt.

Sheree - Have my fingers crossed re the engagement ring.

Kim - roller blades eh? I have a pair which I bought about two years ago and I have worn them once. I'll have to get them on and come blading with you. The regatta centre is good isn't it. Nice and flat....

BBL for more personals, Katy's up !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Shazz~ View Post
    LOl i noticed the engagement ring post too Sheree but i was confused i thought you guys were married too so i didn't want to sound like an idiot by asking doh sorry hun hope he gets you some really nice Bling
    My thoughts exactly! I really really hope you get one Sheree!

You're on Leanne! But, it's not that flat I discovered....

I'm going to whisper this cos I'm too scared to say it out loud.....I've had two nights whole sleep!

My New Years Resolutions

-Sort out my marriage
    -lose my last 6kg
    -exercise 5 times a week (have to be specific or I get a bit slack)
    -organise my house - ie declutter
    -do at least 2 layouts per week
    -ttc in august-november (hopefully if the marriage withholds)

angelique Guest

Hi Ladies.

Hope you all had a nice christmas. I am still waiting for just one of kat's teeth to show face. It is quite funny, it is like my goal to see the pearly white come through. A friends of mines daughter got her first tooth at 14months!! My poor little angel wants to chew toastie fingers but has no teeth!!! And I have to go back to work 3 days a week in Feb!! How can I be away from my little angel. One day a week at daycare and rest at mum's. Man it is going to be hard. I can see myself crying all day.

My thoughts are with you Angelique re going back to work. I'm going back full time from 5 Feb and I feel slack but I know Katy will love going to 'school'. She'll be there four days and one day at mums. I'll probably cry all the way on the train for a little bit but people have told me the kids survive.....
    Your bubba is so cute !!!

Oh and Jodie - I'd love to be part of the weight loss challenge, cause I want to be THE BIGGEST LOSER!!!! he he

Leanne ~ Make a quilt – what a great resolution!! Good luck with your drivers test! Katy is gonna be fine at CC and you are gonna be fine going to work lol. Though you may cry the first few days hehe but that is completely normal!

Kim ~ Hehe at discovering it not to be so flat! OMG at 2 nights sleep *whispering also* I can’t believe you’ll be TTC #2 as well! I like the idea of specifying how many layouts per week you’re going to do – I should do that as well LOL.

Ange ~ Hehe I keep checking Em’s mouth ALL the time as well. The teething symptoms have settled down though so I don’t think anything is happening! at going back to work. I’m sure you’ll do fine. At least your mum can look after her for 2 days. I so wish my parents could do that for me – more so they can be super close to Em but unfortunately they all work!!

Well I’m just popping in quickly so I can keep up hehe! I’m about to head out to Harvey Norman to print out some more photos. I’ve got lots of vouchers for free prints – YAY!! I will be in there every day this week as they run out at the end of the month.

Has anyone ever watched Rags?? Emerson loves that show lol. I hope everyone is having a lovely Thursday!!

Kaitlyn loves Raggs. The world stops for it as far as she is concerned. Do you know if you can get it on DVD. I've been looking around but no luck... Also, does anyone know where I can get some good info re what I can feed Kaitlyn now at nearly 8 months. I might just try a google search

BBL.

Jodie259 Guest

Leanne... I sent you some great links (re feeding) via msn.

I know what you mean about being 'caught' on the computer when you should be cleaning! it happens to me nearly every day! Thus one of my NY resolutions is to limit my computer time. Maybe I'm trying to get as much in as possible now before my resolution starts!

Hehe you girls crack me up!! I've been 'caught' plenty of times LOL.

Does anyone know when I'm able to start feeding Em my meals. I'd much rather make risottos and pastas that we can both eat IYKWIM. And just mush his with a bar mixer or in the blender.

Vic Narrowmindedness... hehe I know exactly what you mean

Leanne I can't get over how much Em likes it. I was thinking of looking for it on DVD as well as he often is asleep when its on!

I can smell my dinner cooking and its making me hungry!! I am cooking Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Shanks with potatoes in my new slow cooker!! Fingers crossed it works out!!!

Darcy loves Raggs as well! As soon as the music comes on she stops what shes doing. This morning she sat and watched for 10minutes while I did what I had to....she's NEVER done that before.

Your dinner sounds yum Nat! I'm not sure about the meals thing, cos Darcy loves Risotto as well. I'm not sure about the garlic etc though. I think it's 12 months though. Darcy doesn't eat anything those lists say so I just give her what she wants (within reason of course). On Christmas day she pulled the turkey off my sisters plate and shoved that in her mouth Then she had a roast potato. On Boxing Day she ate a whole piece of ham! Today she demolished a half a bread crust.
    Is a slow cooker just like a crock pot or different?

Jodie does it matter if you don't have heaps to lose??? Could I play too? Can you email me that stuff too, you're such a great source of info.

I was just thinking that because all the jarred meals I give him seem pretty adult like. For example he's been having spaghetti, butter chicken, pumpkin risotto and beef & plum! I made my last lot of spaghetti low in salt and flavour and was giving Em the spirals to chew which he enjoyed!

OMG Kim you just reminded me that Boxing Day we had a lamb rack roast. We cut it up and as we were eating gave Em a bit with some meat on the end of the bone. OMG he loved it. He sat there ages chewing on the meat LOL. It sounded as though he was saying yum yum yum!! Funny stuff

But yea I'm always giving Em finger foods. He had turkey on Christmas day as well. He enjoyes munching on it though he doesn't always actually swallow it all LOL. And sometimes half an hour later he'll spit some out that's been sitting in his mouth hehe!

Looks like Raggs is very popular!!

This is on the huggies website. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it or not. Nat delete if appropriate...

Expanding the Menu - 6-9 months
    Most babies can start to try most food from 6-9 months of age. Six to nine months allows for those babies who do not start the first stage until they are 6 months or older.

Here is some information to help you:
    Don’t rush things unnecessarily – on the other hand there’s no need to delay introducing a wide variety of food if your baby is enjoying food.

If allergy is a consideration for you, follow recommendations from your adviser. If you are thinking of restricting your baby’s diet in any major way please seek advice from a knowledgeable health professional so that your baby’s diet is nutritionally sound.

Offer the food before milk from now on if you have been doing the reverse. As well as changing from four-hourly feeds to three meals a day this plan suggests cutting down the breast or bottle feeds to 3 or 4 every 24 hours. This will suit lots of mothers and babies but obviously not all.

Breastfeeding: If you wish to breastfeed more often continue in the way that suits you and your baby. Or if you do decide to only breastfeed 3 times a day, the feeds do not necessarily have to be given according to the plan – again do what suits you both best.

Bottle feeding: Three bottles of milk a day is all that your baby needs once she is eating well. One drink of juice a day is sufficient – try water at other times when your baby is thirsty.

Food to avoid
    Honey is a form of sugar and, as such, is a problem if given too often. It has been known to cause botulism (poisoning by toxins produced by a harmful bacteria) in babies under 12 months, so if you occasionally use honey on bread wait until your baby is over a year.
    Other food to avoid includes whole apple, whole carrot, raw celery, corn chips or popcorn because of the risk of choking. It is now recommended that these foods not be given until children are over 4 years.
    Avoid seeds, pips and peanuts – all choking hazards. Give plain bread.
    Strawberries can cause an extreme reaction in babies; wait until she is a year old.
    Peanut products are also responsible for quite severe reactions in some babies so wait until the second year before starting peanut butter.
    Wait until 9-12 months to give egg whites.
    Avoid chilli and ‘hot’ food.
    Teeth and Food
    Teeth emerge any time between 3½ and 16 months. The arrival of teeth has nothing to do with when and what your baby eats. Many 12-month-old babies with no teeth eat a wide variety of chunky food as they learn to use their gums very efficiently.

Finger Food
    Finger food is food babies can pick up and eat themselves. Between 6 and 9 months is an ideal time to start finger food because most babies are very interested in putting everything in their mouths around this time and especially like experimenting with food.

Finger food works better when your baby can sit for a reasonable time in a high chair – this happens anytime between 6 and 9 months.

As babies have to learn how much to bite off and how to get the food down, there may be some interesting moments when your baby gags and frightens the life out of you. Or times when food gets stored up on her palate and you have to retrieve it. Finger food also gets rubbed in the hair, pushed into ears and thrown around the room; however, learning to eat finger food is part of progressing to family food.

First Finger Foods
    Rusks
    Muffins
    Felafel
    Bone-free flakes of cooked fish
    Scrambled egg (yolk only)

Sandwiches
    Bread and toast fingers
    Grilled tomato and cheese on toast
    Avocado on toast
    Cruskets
    Cooked pasta
    Slices of cooked meat and chicken (may be chewed and chewed and spat out – that’s OK)
    Grilled bacon rashers, well-drained
    Little mounds of grated cheese, carrot and apple (very little and offer one mound at a time)
    Cheese sticks
    Smooth lamb cutlet bone (left over from adult meal)
    Fingers of soft ripe fruit – rockmelon, mango, peach, pear, watermelon, kiwi fruit, seedless grapes
    Partially steamed or microwaved vegetables cut into strips – potato, carrot, pumpkin, green beans, zucchini
    Rice cakes
    Look for other finger food ideas in robins recipe section:
    Basic Frittata
    Fish Croquettes
    Kate’s Little Meatballs
    Note: Robin Barker has included egg in some recipes. You may wish to use only the yolk or an egg substitute if you have a history of allergies. We also suggest that children are 12 months or older before you offer them this frittata since egg whites are not recommended for children younger than 12 months of age.

Oh that's really interesting thanks Kim. You can post info just not the links.

Em just woke up from his nap - well it was barely a nap I think. It went so fast LOL. But we are just about to head out for a bit any way. I just had to come back in and comment on how cute he looks. He has a navy blue top on with 'Chicks Dig Me' written on the front in green with jeans and little dunlop sneakers!! His hair is in a mohawke!! Its honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen LOL. He is now unpacking all the toys I just put away !!!

Kaitlyn just had her first piece of toast!!! I put a little jam on it and she demolished it! There were some rather soggy bits but she loved it. Then a tub of plain yoghurt and then...... some water....Wow!
    She's a bit happier this afternoon and there's now two teeth popping their little sharp bits....

Just wanted to share.
    Kim ..... what's your diary like for next week?

Well Ladies we are going away for a weekish again, so I will see you when I return, well you may not really either as we are home for a short while then off too Brissy again for a Lotto Course and then we are finally moving to Tieri. Yes we take over the newsagency on the 23rd January, soooo much to do and so little time. So that is why we are well and truely relaxing next week at Hervey Bay (we leave Saturday morning), as there won't be much relaxing for a very long time. So if you don't hear from me in a while you know where I am.

Oh and also I just wanted to thank everyone for my pressie - the "Thinking of you" Bear. I was laying in bed last night and it just daunted on me that I had been on here and posted and really got complacent and thought I had already posted my thankyou message. Can't believe how rude I am, or maybe it is that things have been way chaotic around here. I can't thank you all enough again, it is just gorgeous, I love it and will treasure it forever.

We just got a quote for removal of our furniture and it came in at $4400 OMG, and $800 of that is them packing up for us, so guess I will have to do it, not sure where I am finding the time thou.

So for now have a nice New Year and will get on here when I can, not making any promises, as I don't think I am going to have time to scratch myself.

Bye and love to all and ur bubbas especially.

Sheree, Wade and Lachlan
    xoxo

Hehe yours and my DH would get along real well Vic, that so sounds like our house.

Now I've rung three Toys R Us's and none of them have that bloody stroller! That's gotta be false advertising right???

Darcy and I went to do a spot of shopping this arvie. I couldn't find much to buy at all. I bought a cute little Pumpkin Patch jacket, which is a novelty cos we're too poor to shop there, but that was it. So we treated ourselves to a choccie milkshake and some banana bread for afternoon tea. Glad Cam's not home cos Darc had chocolate milkshake all down the front of her clothes and the pram was covered in crumbs LOL.

I've had such a good day and now Darcy's gone down without a fight :eek:!

My whole life I had one Santa Sack. It was my mums when she was a little girl and her mum made it for her out of a flour sack. Over the years the pattern faded and it was just an old flour sack, but I loved it more than anything else I owned.
    This year I was so excited to give it to Darcy......now it's gone. Cameron didn't look when he picked up all the rubbish and it went into the bin. I am so upset......I'm crying and I want to be sick. I've looked everywhere for it. There's no other explanation. I know it was an accident, but that doesn't help. All I've ever wanted to do was have someone love it like I did....

Oh Kim, thats so sad. I understand how you feel I get really sentimental abt things like that. Can you go through the bin?
    Can I please join he biggest loser too???? I have to be careful how i talk about it at home cause of having a 15 yr old is very very body conscious, I have been a little bit worried lately as she has been exercising madly and doesn't seem to be hungry much but we have talked about it and she is being sensible. Its very hard because the media makes young girls feel they must be thin and shops like Supre have terrible sizing- Jess is very slim (about 48kg) and is 162cm tall and she needs Medium or large!!I tried on a top once in XXL and it didn't fit! I admit I am overweight but only 63kg at 163cm so not XXL or above I would hope!!
    Sheree I hope you get a ring or at least a proposal. My cousin finally got a ring last Christmas after 8 years and 3 kids so don't give up lol.
    Yes I am an aunty!! Last night at 8.47pm. We got to see her this morning. She looks so tiny compared to Riley who is 9.4kg! It was so lovely to hold a tiny baby again, I felt quite clucky.
    Thankyou for all the first food info. I think I have forgotten more about mothering a baby than I ever knew and they keep changing the rules! Riley loves those baby gels and rusks. A friend makes her own rusks using bread in the microwave, I will find out exactly how she does it and post it cause its cheaper than rusks.
    My New Years Resolutions are
    *lose weight
    * scrapbook more, I am sooo behind.
    * keep the house tidier
    *cook more meals not get takeaway or make scrappy meals lol
    *enjoy going back to work even though I have a class I didn't really want.
    *stop stressing.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast