Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #2

Cyn

I'm a waxing freak LOL (I even wax my arms LOL). I had a semi wax done before Em arrived. I think one of the other girls did as well - Kellee maybe??

I would bother but that's just me personally. It certainly wasn't on my mind when I was giving birth though!

Good luck with your little one!

Kellee Guest

Hey ladies,

Can’t believe you are able to post so much on here when you’ve got littlies to look after! What legends you are. Can’t write for long – just grabbing the opportunity while Toby is asleep and Charlie is dancing to De La Soul…

Lea – yeah, DH was fortunate enough to get a few days off (just the way that the public holidays and his SDOs worked out, thank goodness). He’s feeling much better about things now. Hope Em is feeling better. Poor little thing. Is it all night long that he has a sniffle or only at certain times? I know that Toby only gets the sniffles when it gets colder early morning. Damn Em being awake for so long last night… how do they know when the worst possible time to be awake is?! LOL at DP changing the nappies – I make DH do all of them when he’s home because I know I will get my fair share when he’s at work. What a good boy. Re: taking Em to the doctor’s… are you thinking that because of the sniffles? At least it would rule out anything more sinister, and you might get some more tips on what to do. See how it goes – maybe if it gets worse it might be worth a visit.

Vic – Glad that you’re getting the kids’ rooms sorted out. It makes such a difference when all the house stuff is organised. Bugger being a ‘dummy’. I wish I had some advice for you… that MCHN is coming tonight – I’ll try to remember to ask her about it, as I’m a little bit concerned about the same thing happening with Toby. Hooray for the Baby Bjorn too! That’s awesome… will make it so much easier for you to look after the other ones if Adam is in it. Bubs just love it too, and it’s nice to be close to them. I’m going to use mine for the first time when Toby wakes up – hope he likes it.

Jess – AAGGHH!! Explosive nappies! Bugger, I forgot about that. Hope all goes well at the appt today.

Kim – yay for Darcy putting on weight! That’s great news. It’s funny – we worry about that kind of thing so much and everything turns out fine in the end. I wish we could turn off the Worry-O-Meter, but we can’t.

Shazz – glad you’ve been having some fun with your little man. It helps to have days like that to counteract the shocking nights! Love the latest pic in your ticker too. If you get one of those baby manuals, can you send one my way too? LOL

Cyn – no, Lea was wrong, it certainly wasn’t me who got a wax! I agree with her though – it’s the last thing you’re thinking of. The midwives have seen it all before! Good luck with the rest of your pg and birth.

Sheree – are you around? How are you feeling, love? I’m thinking of you.

Anyone heard from Sara yet?

Well, things are going pretty well here. It seems all my worry about PND has come to nothing, thank goodness. I’m sure I’ll have my share of bad days, but so far things seem to be going well (today is my first day with them on my own). The only problem is that I can’t run around after Charlie because I’m still pretty sore (some of the stitches have come undone), but once I’m healed everything is going to be great. Toby is doing really well – once he’s fed and changed he’s pretty happy to just lie on his mat and play with stuff or sit in his rocker and look at stuff, provided I give some cuddles every now and then (with pleasure!). Then once he’s ready for bed I give him a quick drink and put him down – so far it seems that he doesn’t mind his cot because I usually only have to pick him up once or twice before he’s settled. I really hope that this trend continues! I’m not holding my breath though – I know that once you’ve gotten used to the way things are babies like to change one you! Had him weighed yesterday and he’d put on 300g since we left hospital. Hooray!

Anyway, Charlie is tired of De La Soul, so I think it’s time for some stories. Hope you’re all having a lovely day.

Well, appt. went well! Pat has put on 280g since last week, so that means he is 210g above his birth weight!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess - yay for Patrick!!!!

Nat I agree with Vic, I have a phone book under Darcy's mattress (helps with the reflux too).

Cyn, I had a brazillian the week before (lucky I had scheduled it for 2 wks prior to EDD - she came a week before). When I had to have my csex the theatre girlswere thankful they didn't have to do another shave! (and having wirked in theatre - I was always greatful too) Plus it helps having the hair grow back slower than shaving in the wound area.

I didn't have time to do anything ,re: shaving or waxing, because Patrick decided that he was coming early, hubby was going to trim there that week, but never got to!

Just thought I'd get on quickly while I'm waiting for her wo wake up - she's already three hours over for a feed!!!

I've put a couple of piccies up on the website, If anyone's interested...

[URL="http://http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/1/160506/"]http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/1/160506/
    Last edited by ~Kim~; June 15th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

Kellee ~ I remember the waxing convo we had now LOL. And no it wasn't you - still can't remember who it was though hehe! I was going to take him if he got any worse and went off his food more but he seems to be alright this afternoon. Glad that DH has now bonded and he is such good boy changing those nappies LOL. I'm so glad that things are going well for you and the PND fears (though warranted) were unneccesary! And I'm glad that things are going well for you as well though ouchie at the stiches! Congrats on his weight gain as well. I should really stop being lazy and get Em weighed again.

Kim ~ Darcy is just adorable! You must be so proud!

Jess ~ Sorry I missed you AGAIN lol. And if Em had been early I wouldn't have been waxed etc either. In fact my best friend does all my waxing so if it wasn't for her it wouldn't have been done at all I don't think. Congrats at Patrick being over his birth weight as well - you must be so proud and happy!

Vic ~ Congrats on taking your mum and the shopping trip being easier then normal! I'm sure your mum loved spending time with him as well. And LMAO @ el cheapo brand LOL!

I've finally got 2 hands back - for 5 mins maybe!

I managed to calm Emerson down this afternoon. My cousin came over and I'm not sure whether she calmed me down or him down or what but he was alot more settled this afternoon. Then she took us shopping for my birthday tomorrow. I got some lovely jumpers and some medicine for Emerson and he was the perfect angel the whole time we were out. And then he just had his bottle really well too. He's a bit grumpy now but that's because he's emptying his bowels LOL!

Just went and changed his nappy a little prematurely LOL... managed to catch it though hehe! My cousin also got Em another cute outfit which was great! I will dress him in it tomorrow for my birthday!

I'm taking everyones advice (thanks girls) and popping him back in the bassinett tonight with a rug under the mattress so he is on a slant. I'm still using the fess which seems to be working. I think he just got overtired. Slept for 3 hours in our arms today and he seemed better after that. I did get some baby panadol just in case he does get a fever though. Thought it was better to be prepared!

Lea - poor little Emerson sounds like a replica of Maddy at that age. She had a cold from birth (nasty BIL brought a cold home from PNG and gave it to me right before I gave birth) and I was so worried about her because at a month old they really cant take anything for it. I think she was 6 weeks old when we spoke to the chemist about what we could do, we bought some Baby Balsam and rubbed it on her singlet (she was too young to have it on her skin) and used the 'Fess little Noses product too.

Oh, and if he does start to cough, please don't do what I did. I sound like such a bad mum saying this, but I figured she was too young for medication and there wasn't much a GP could do for her. Well, it turned from a cold to bronchitis didn't it! So perhaps I could have done something for it HAD I taken her to a GP when she originally got sick, we ended up with a prescription down the track for Demazin Infant Drops.

Thanks so much Becka!!!

I just remebered that I forgot to pick up the Baby Balsam - I was going to rub it on his singlet as well. Oh well - I will have to make another trip to the chemist tomorrow. I knew there was something I had forgotten LOL - they are getting to know me well hehe!

He has started coughing a bit - I will see how he goes over the next few days and take him to the Dr's on Monday if things are worse. I figured the same thing re medication so its good to know that something can be done if need be!

The funny thing is that they didn't have the Fess Little Noses only the normal one - which is exactly the same just bigger packaging LOL!!

No problem Lea, I know it's frustrating when they're so young and sick; but sometimes there are medications the GP can give them to help where the labels normally recommend to not use at that age.

Oh, I forgot to mention... Maddy wasn't too much of a wriggle pot when she was 3-8wks old and was sick; so I ended up sleeping her semi-upright in her pram. I'm not suggesting (safety wise) that it's everyone's cup of tea, but when she turned purple from gagging on phelgm during the night in her bassinet; I put her in the pram. She slept like that for quite a few weeks at the foot of our bed and I slept better as well!

Happy Birthday Nat!!!
    Hope you're having a lovely day.

Thanks again Becka - he slept for 6 and a half hours last night (he knew it was my birthday lol) so I think sleeping on the slant in his bassinnett worked a treat! His nose seems so much clearer this morning which is great! So hopefully he is feeling better. I have a feeling that he was getting overtired from not sleeping as well so last night should have done him some good!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Kim!!! I'm such a kid and I'm so excited LOL! I've got some really cool presents already - a cool photo box for Emerson's photos, CD holder and a pair of cool flat suede brown fluffy winter boots! We're going out tonight but I don't know where so its going to be great! My mum is looking after Emerson and it will be the first time that I'm away from him....

happy birthday Nat hope you have a great day

happy birthday nat!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

OK well ... Jovi's weight has gone down hill a bit but we are on our way to rectifying the situation.

Apprently my boobs just aren't doing it anymore! Went in for my 6 week checkup on Wednesday and as soon as my Dr saw her she knew something was wrong and we had to put on the bottle straight away.

She had lost 400g and was back down to her birth weight.

Took her back today for another checkup and thankfully the bottle is working well and she's put on 250g already. Feeling a lot less stressed now. Poor little bugger. Got another checkup on Wednesday ... ca't wait to see how much more she's put on.

She also has to go for an ultrasound to check her hips, but my Dr thinks that they're a bit displaced (is that the right word?) just because she's lost weight, but is checking them just in case.

Other than that she's doing pretty good.

Thanks Jess & Shazz for the birthday wishes!

Baby_crazy05 ~ So glad to hear that Jovi has improved. I hope her hips are alright and she continues to improve on formula for you.

So I'm up early but I haven't been up all night - got 4 hrs straight sleep which is good. Just started feeding Em before and he needs to do a no.2 which means he'll take forever to do that and then want the rest of his bottle hehe. He is quite cute this morning though and was smiling at his Winnie the Pooh monitor!

Well I had the best day yesterday!!! I can't believe my birthday is over already!! I was absolutely spoilt rotten by DP and my parents and I had the best time. I woke up and had an early visit from my folks who came bearing gifts and then I went back to sleep and woke up to have breakfast cooked for me... yummo! Then I got to open more gifts!! I got the coolest surround sound speaker system to go with my great new wireless keyboard and mouse! I also got another special 'mummy' gift hehe! We spent the day hanging out and did some shopping and watched a DVD. Then DP cooked me a roast for dinner and I dropped Emerson off at my folks for a few hours! So we had some mummy and daddy 'alone' time ~ which was GREAT and then went to the movies to see X~Men 3 - The Last Stand which we enjoyed heaps. So it was a really good day and I loved it!

Em is still a bit snuffly and grizzly but is at least sleeping which is great. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and their babies are behaving themselves!

Baby crazy, so glad to hear Jovi's putting on some weight. Are you OK with her going off the breast?

Nat I'm so glad you had a great day. Sounds like you got some great pressies.

I have a question, and I know I've asked it before, but I think I can word it better this time....
    1. Does everyone else's bub have a little routine thing going on - sleep, play feed or something?
    2. When it comes to going to sleep, how does your bub go to sleep - by themselves or in your arms?

I've been going to Tresillian initially to deal with the crying, and while they are very helpful with technique, I feel like I should never nurse her to sleep, and I just love doing that....I mean I don't want her to never go to sleep on her own, and it's getting harder and harder to settle her if she's not getting what she wants, but I'm still torn.

Kim ~ I'm no expert but she's so young - too young to be settling herself and be in any routine. That's just my own opinion though. Em falls asleep in my arms, in the carrier, by himself in the rocker or bassinet - it all depends. If you love doing it then do it! Sorry my advice probably isn't really helping. Sorry I couldn't spend more time on this response - Em is still upset with this bloody cold and now I feel absolutely lousy as well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast