Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #2

Hehehe, you girls have kept me amused this arvo. Thanks Vic for the answers.

I meant to ask before. Does anyone use J&J products to bath their babies. I have a heap that was given to me, but I have an allergy and Darcy goes all flaky when I use it on her, so it's going to go to waste. I have a heap if anyone wants it. Theres the regular bath stuff, lavender bath stuff, shampoo, lotion and baby oil. I'm happy to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappyfish
    Hehehe, you girls have kept me amused this arvo. Thanks Vic for the answers.

I meant to ask before. Does anyone use J&J products to bath their babies. I have a heap that was given to me, but I have an allergy and Darcy goes all flaky when I use it on her, so it's going to go to waste. I have a heap if anyone wants it. Theres the regular bath stuff, lavender bath stuff, shampoo, lotion and baby oil. I'm happy to post it.
    I use J&J products on Cooper, fortunately he has no reactions to it, I hear lots of babies do though. The lavendar one smells sooo nice. I would be happy to post money to you to cover the costs so you are not out of pocket.
    Last edited by delta_blue; June 29th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

Kellee Guest

Kim Ė I donít think itís mean at all to sneak Darcy into your bed and make her go back to sleep! She wouldnít sleep if she didnít want to, would she? They never bloody do! And itís so nice to snuggle. Sorry DH is being a bit of a pain too. Hope you guys sort things out soon. Funny that he complains that she cries too loud and then doesnít hear her at nightÖ Ok, answers to your questionsÖ we had to wean Charlie off wrapping from about 5 months. We stopped wrapping one arm, then both arms, then only wrapped his legs loosely Ė eventually we got him out of it. Periods can come back anytime Ė depends on the person. What is post-natal eclampsia? I havenít heard of that. I hope youíre ok! I had the same problem with the J and J stuff Ė smells so nice but no one except Tom can use it, and boys donít usually like that kind of stuff. Iím sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands. Have a great time away too.

Ange Ė sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment. It does all get a bit overwhelming at times. Just try to grab some sleep when you can and remember it wonít last forever. If DH thinks youíre being Ďlazyí through the day, I suggest leaving Katerina alone with him all day on the weekend sometime Ė I promise heíll never question what you do through the day again!

Vic Ė Iím glad youíre Mrs Advice Lady too Ė then I donít feel so bad! I know it must be frustrating, but Mel sounds very funny throwing things out of the cot. Bet itís not funny to be there though! Hope you found a new computer Ė itís so annoying when they donít work.

Karen Ė Yay for Phoebe! Wow, I really hope that this sleeping trend continues. That book sounds really good too Ė might have to get it myself.

Shan Ė welcome back! Glad to hear that things are going well. Hope DD enjoys the swimming lessons Ė I really need to start taking Charlie. Will go once I get my pre-pg body back. I had just got to a stage where I felt ready to buy size 10 togs and then I got pg with Toby, so I havenít been swimming for soooo long! Re: circumcision Ė we havenít got our boys done because it doesnít seem necessary to us. DH hasnít been done Ė I suppose itís whatever youíre used to, isnít it? I know some people say itís unhygienic to not have them done, but I think as long as you teach them how to wash properly it doesnít matter. I think itís a personal choice though, so get all the info and talk about it with DH to make up your own mind. Donít let anyone bully you either way Ė itís your decision. I suppose itís partly a generational thing too Ė most boys of our generation were done but these days it seems that itís not mandatory Ė anything goes.

Hello to all the lovely ladies who haven't written in today too... hope you're all enjoying your bubbas.

Not much to report. Had a lovely sleep with Toby this afternoon Ė bugger I donít get to do it more often. I feel like I donít get much time to spend doing anything nice with either of the kids at the moment but when DH starts holidays on Friday I will endeavour to have more one on one time with them. And with DH too Ė I feel like I havenít been able to have a proper conversation with him for weeks! Ah, itís all fun, isnít it? Went for a big walk and took Charlie to the park today Ė it felt really good to get out of the house. Itís good to feel good again Ė I feel less tired and more energetic than I did when I was pg! Weird, hey?

Anyway, almost time for LOST and snuggling on the couch with DH. Have a lovely Friday, everyone.

mooshie Guest

alison

sorry girls to but in your post but just wanted to quickly make a note re circumcision

i notice you are in melbourne alison, i will pm you the name of the doc and some details, of the doc that did our son

okay sorry just realised i can't pm you, send me a pm if you want. we are in the sth eastern suburbs and i can tell you of two places where you can get it done if you wish.

evening Ladies

just checking in i haven't had a chance to read any posts today but i had to share
    Ryan the little darling went 8 hours ( yes you read it right ) * 8 * 8 * 8 * hours between feeds last night i bathed him at 5 pm he had a play then a feed then more playing he fell alseep at 8 pm so i put him to bed thinking he'd wake up at around 10 pm but he went through till 3.20 am feed for 15minutes and straight back to sleep and woke again at 6.30 am feed for 20 mins and straight back to sleep till 8.30 am i must say i was more brain dead today then any other day heheyhe i over slept ..... we will see what tonight brings wish me luck catch up with you all tomorrow

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls....another busy one in here today.

Kellee - yes Phoebe's sleeping trend is continuing...Yay!!! Hope you get to do a few more family things once DH is on holidays. It's nice just to have another pair of hands on deck during the day isn't it.

Shazz - Woooooow!!! Yay for Ryan, that's great. It makes things so much easier when things just fall into place. Hope it continues for you.

Scrappy - My periods returned with my son at 3mths and have yet to with my daughter...and they can stay away as long as they like. I HATE them. As for the nipple sensitivity, I can't say that I have experienced that, but I hope that disappears for you soon. It sounds like it is uncomfortable for you. My daughter use to take 1hr to feed and now she feeds alot quicker. Darcy probably is still getting enough, I agree with NEVER, she has probably perfected the art of feeding. I was a little concerned too, but Phoebe's weight gain is great so I don't worry anymore. As for the wrapping, I wrapped my son successfully for 9mths, I know it's hard to believe. He settled so well when I did it. By the time he was a few months old he could get his arms out, while he was asleep. I used the technique to help settle him, but once asleep if he unwrapped himself it didn't bother him. I am still wrapping my daughter and she loves it. I find it works really well. I use muzlin (I think that is how you spell it) wraps. They don't make babies too hot, basically for the purpose of wrapping and then using another blanket on top, unless it is summer.

Nat - where are you...perhaps I have missed your post. How did you go with the 6 week check-up. Hope it went well.

Hi to everyone I have missed.....Take Care X

oops, I nearly forgot. Went and had my ultrasound earlier in the week. They wanted to do an internal ultrasound, but I refused. After having a C-Section I haven't regained my dignity yet and I have had enough of being poked and prodded. So they just did an external ultrasound. Went to the doctors the next day for the results and everything is fine, nothing to worry about. So I worried for nothing!!!
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; June 29th, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie
    alison

sorry girls to but in your post but just wanted to quickly make a note re circumcision

i notice you are in melbourne alison, i will pm you the name of the doc and some details, of the doc that did our son

okay sorry just realised i can't pm you, send me a pm if you want. we are in the sth eastern suburbs and i can tell you of two places where you can get it done if you wish.
    Ohhh I can't pm you, but would love to know the details. Would you mind emailing me, my address is
    [email protected]

Thank you so much,

Morning Lovely mummies
    he did it again i got over 8 hours sleep last night but man am i sore this morning my poor Boobies are so full hope he gets hungry soon tonight i am going to do the same and see if this routine is routine that is going to fit with us and man am i going to stick to it ..
    Mummy ~ Thats great the u/s found nothing one less thing to worry about

Kell ~ i hope you have a great month ahead of you it is so nice having Hubby home even just for some company ( of the adult variety ) i found

big Hi to everyone else i will be back later little man has just risen screaming

Shazz congratulations on the sleeps!! I agree with the boobs business. Darc feeds about 6 hourly at night, and sometimes when she snuggles she's got to push on them - aaaagggghh!

Mummy so glad about hte u/s results. Was thinking about you this week. Thought I'd missed the post.

Allison, you just email me your address and I will pop those in the post for you...
    Have a 6 hour drive this arvie. Wish me luck.

mooshie Guest

sorry girls

just crashing your thread again - alison i have emailed you.

Thanks Michelle (I have replied), and you are not crashing the thread, all input is welcome in here.

Kellee Guest

Shazz Ė GO RYAN! YAY! Thatís awesome. What a legend. I really hope he does the same from now on! Wow, your poor bbís! Mine would be like rockmelons after not feeding for 8 hours! I wouldnít mind it though if it meant I was getting 8 hours sleep! Please tell us your secret! Was wondering where youíd gotten to Ė how are you?

Mummy Ė glad to see that Phoebe is still being a good little sleeper. And itís great news that everything is fine with you. Phew! You donít need health problems of your own when youíre looking after bubs.

Mooshie Ė donít worry about crashing Ė just wish you were in here with us! Hope your ttc journey comes to an end soon.

Hi to everyone else to. Lea, where are you?! I get worried if you donít post for a while, seeing as how youíre our most frequent poster.

Went for another walk and took Charlie to the park again today. Toby was able to be stretched out for a 3 hourly feed, which was good. Iím trying really hard to stretch him out Ė he goes between 2 Ĺ and 3 hours at night but sometimes only goes 2 hours through the day. I know heís only 3 weeks old, but less than 2 hourly for me is not so good. I think itís affecting my supply a bit, so hopefully this will make a difference. I suggested to DH that we go to his parentsí house after work today. I have an ulterior motive Ė if we go at this time of the day we donít have to go for so long! If we were to go for lunch or something weíd be expected to stay all afternoon. Canít handle too much of ILs at the moment, and Iím sure weíll be seeing heaps of the while DH has time off. Hooray. Anyway, better go and get ready Ė I bet someone will wake up just as Iím about to do my hair or something! Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Will probably check again tomorrow.

Kellee, I just had a look at you www for the first time since Toby was born and I must say, I love the photo of your family. Charlie is just adorable, and I love your birth story, you have a great sense of humour.

I should be sleeping instead of playing on here...

Kellee Guest

But it's so much fun... Thank you, I think they're quite lovely too.

angelique Guest

Hi Girls,

Shaz u lucky thing!! I am waiting for this to happen to me. I have ages to go I guess!! Anyone else having luck with sleeping?

Girls how do you get a pic of your babies near your ticker?

Iím here Kellee & Karen!!! Sorry Iíve been a bit MIA lately. Trying to get so much done and getting no where and Iíve had a bit of personal stuff happening. Iíve been reading and keeping up though- you girls have been chatting up a storm! I canít believe Iíve missed out on a few pages worth of it! Today its already 4 oíclock but Iím going to get SOMETHING done from beginning to end (I hope). I might keep working on sorting the photoís and writing a letter to my NanaÖ. Both Emís and my noses are really stuffy again. I donít feel bad but poor Em can barely breath through his nose. Other then that not much going on. We got our birth certificate so Iím framing that with a picture of Emerson Ė it actually looks quite good. Weíre putting that on a wall with our gorgeous Winnie the Pooh cross stitch underneath.

We had our 6 week check up yesterday. Emerson now weighs 4.56 kgs, is 56 cms long and has a HC of 38 cm. So all is good. They barely checked him over actually. I talked to them about contraception as well and weíre going with the implanon implant. Iíve heard good things and bad things about this so I hope all goes well.

Kellee ~ I just checked out your site as well and its great!! Youíre an excellent communicator Ė very fuuny. The pic was gorgeous and I oved your birth story!! Good to hear youíve gotten out for a few walks as well. Iím going to do some leaflet dropping so I actually get out there each week. Iím starting with my best friend soon so itíll be great. LOL @ not being able to handle the ILís Ė youíve got good coping mechanisms there! Youíre going to love having DH home all the time.

Kim ~ I do exactly the same thing with Em Ė its nice to snuggle with them and get a bit more sleep as well!!! Besides if they sleep for another hour then they werenít all that hungry to begin with!!! So donít feel bad! I hope things get better with DH for you as well. In a backwards way Iím lucky. Living by myself means I have no expectations of any one but myself so I donít have to get ****ty at anyone LOL. Is Darcy on her own room yet And did you get to eat your hot soup? Yep Em put on weight and I already have AF back Ė eeek!! I forgot how much I dislike it lol!! Iím not BF so I canít answer the other questions! And I hope you have a great time away!!

Ange Ė I hear with sleep depravation. The first few weeks were horrid because of it. Its better now thankfully. If you got to Ticker Central Ė which is a .com not .com.au Ė they have tickers where you can upload photos. There may be other sites that do as well.

Vic ~ Glad to hear that Adam has started smiling! Thanks for the advice. He definitely feeds more during the day. I canít seem to stop him grazing though. He downs a bottle and then will graze the next one and down the next etc. Iíve tried distracting him with the dummy, changing him, holding him etc and Iíve stretched out the grazing a bit but not a whole lotÖ any more advice would be appreciated.

Karen ~ Glad to hear that Phoebe is sleeping through! Lets hope it keeps up. Glad to hear that everything is in the all clear. You must be relieved.

Shan ~ Good to see you again and hear that everything is going well.

Shazz ~ Whoo Hoo for the big sleep. Glad to hear that things are going well!!

Well I have a massive headache and I feel a bit sick Ė this has taken me forever to write so Iím signing off. Will try and keep up a bit more so I donít have to these massive posts LOL. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Been a couple of weeks since I was on ... quite a few posts to read through!

Jovi's doing much better. She was weighed on Wednesday and is now 3950 grams which is awesome, after just 2 weeks on the bottle. She's drinking 150mL at most feeds now which is good. They're measuring her at only 53.5 cm ... she was recorded as being born at 53cm. So now I'm thinking that maybe the hospital was wrong as she no longer (and hasn't for about 3-4 weeks) fits into 0000 clothes and is into 000. It wouldn't surprise me if the hospital had measured her wrong. When she was born they weighed her at 6 pound 2 ounces, the midwife thought that she felt heavier than that and weighed her on a different scale and she weighed 7 pound 1 ounce (3202 grams).

She has to go for her needles on Tuesday ... that should be a fun day! NOT! She screamed really badly after having her heel ***** done, so I can only imagine what Tuesday will be like. We've already picked up some baby panodol just in case.

She also had the u/s done on her hips this week. The reason my dr wanted it done is that she bends flat out at the hips when you lie her down but thought this might be due to her losing the weight, so wanted her checked. The dr at the u/s said that her left side was completely fine and she has mild displacement in the right hip, but that it was that mild we don't have to do anything special for her, which is great! We were dreading the thought of having to have her in a brace for 6-12 weeks.

Thanks for the comments on Jovi's website. Yes, she is gorgeous and both of us couldn't be prouder. We went to Gosford to visit family over the June long weekend and were mobbed whereever we went! Woolies was the worse. I think we had every single female employee hanging off us gooing and gaaing all over her. Was just as bad when we went and got Charcoal Chicken.

I can't believe July's here already. I'm going back to work (FULLTIME!) on the 1st August. DH will be SAHD which should be interesting.

Obviously circumcision wasn't an issue for us this time around but we had already decided that if it turned out we were having a boy we would definitely get him circumcised. The issue was also brought up at our antenatel classes. As we are a "small" town we were told that our hospital doesn't do it, and that there were only 2 doctors in Bathurst that do it, and only do it in the first 2 weeks. They gave us their names in case we needed it. That's pretty much all that was said.

Name, age and family stats
    Beck - 26, DH (Scott) - 28, Jovi - 2 months, + 2 cats Cuddles and Tazz. We live in Central West NSW - Orange

How did you come up with Bub's name?
    Scott came up with it ... not surprisingly he's a huge Bon Jovi fan, but I made him find me a meaning (Happy) and an example (one is the girl from "Elf") before I even considered it. Once I did, I fell in love with the name straight away. Everyone we tell loves it too which is great.

Do you have family close by?
    Scott has a couple of cousins that live here, but we don't see them unless we go and see them ourselves. Pretty slack really. Other than that, his parents live 2.5 hours away and my parents are about an hour the other side of them.

How many kids do you plan to have?
    I can see myself having a few ... I think 4 would be a maximum, but definitely want more. Will wait a couple of years though I think before trying again ... hopefully by then our financial situation will be better also.

Are you BF or FF?
    Started off breastfeeding and did that for the first 6 weeks until it was realised that Jovi was no longer thriving. She's now been breastfeeding for a little of 2 weeks ... loving it!

Do you use cloth or disposable nappies?
    Started off in disposable as we had bought a huge box before Jovi was born, and were given a few packs. Have just started in the last week and a half to put her in cloth which she's adapting to pretty well ... mainly for financial reasons. The washing is going pretty good ... soak in the bucket over night then wash every morning ... or night depending on the load.

What do you do for a living?
    I'm a public servant ... working for the Department of Lands but on maternity leave at the moment. Have to go back shortly which will suck, but we have flexible working hours and I will only be away from her 3.5 hours at a time which is good.

Hi baby crazy, glad to hear Jovi is doing well, she was smaller then Lachie even, gosh I though he was small being born at 6lb 5.5oz. Gosh how will you go when you have to leave her to go back to work, that would kill me, although the hard times I am having with Lachie and his reflux I actually asked my boss if I could come back to work and swap him hehe. Just joking.

Oh and just another thought, has anyone told you Jovi has a pixie face, she looks so much like my son in the face, everyone says ohhhh what a beautiful pixie face.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast