Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #2

Kellee Guest

Kim – HAND MAKING that many cards? You are a creative genius! I wish I was good at arty crafty stuff. They say that if you’re good at one of the arts you’re bound to be good at another too. Well, I’m good at music, but I can’t draw, sew, paint, act, dance… I’m useless! I hear you on having the inlaws too close too. Was it you that was worried about them visiting too early in hospital? How did that go? Bugger that you’re on your own again this weekend. I hope you go ok. Also bugger that Darcy doesn’t know that appropriate times to sleep! Although 8 hours is unreal, so I wouldn’t be knocking that one! Hope Toby takes her lead once things settle down in a few weeks.

Vic – YAY for doing it on your own! Every time I think I’m having it tough I should just imagine what it’s like with 4. Sounds like you’re going great guns. What a woman! 3 loads of washing… yuck! Re: eczema – Charlie had a bad case of it a year ago and I have dry skin, so we find that putting Alpha Keri Oil in the bath works a treat. Neither of us have had a problem since we started using it. Everyone is different though, so try a few different things and see what works. It’s shame you’re busy – that would have been fun! I’ll certainly let you know if anything else comes up, although we both get gigs in Brisbane more frequently.

Alison – glad to see you back! Was wondering where you were. Damn computer dramas! We’re certainly no stranger to them at this house. What are you going to do for your birthday? Glad to see Cooper is doing well. What a cute picture!

Sheree – glad to have you back too. Sorry that Lachie is going through a few things at the moment. I know it’s hard, but try to remind yourself that this phase is only ever going to be temporary. It will get better. I’m sorry that you haven’t been feeling well either – I had some complications after giving birth to Charlie so I know how much it can affect your wellbeing. What a bastard gyno. I really hope it starts to improve soon. Don’t feel bad about not being around – it’s hard to pop on here at the best of times, and especially when you’re not well.

Hello Jess and Karen too and to anyone else I missed.

Well, my house is tidy at last! Toby woke up part way through cleaning and because Charlie was still asleep and I didn’t want him to wake up I just popped Toby in the carrier and continued working! I tell ya, my back is sore now though! I’m hoping to be able to go for a walk when Charlie wakes up, but it might be getting a bit late for that. DH let me sleep in this morning – he got up with Charlie around 8.30 and Toby was still sleeping in bed with me. He woke up for a feed shortly afterwards and fell back asleep and so did I, and DH didn’t wake me up! Funny thing is, I actually would have prefereed to wake up and enjoy the day which is weird – I remember last time I wanted sleep at any cost but this time it’s different. We’re having a lovely friend come over for dinner tonight – she called and offered to cook for us (who could resist an offer like that?) so that will be lovely. Then we’ve got that gig tomorrow. I hope it goes ok. It’s a big drive with the kids so I hope they’re alright. Anyway, I think I hear a Charlie, so I’d better go. I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Sheree! Welcome Back!, sure sounds like reflux to me. Darcy has reflux too only she doesn't chuck, it's the silent kind - really bad heartburn (surprise surprise it's hereditroy and I have terrible heartburn). The medication takes about two weeks to work, but it's worth it. I also try to sit her up for 10-20 minutes after a feed. Her bed is propped up 30 degree with a phone book and a towel, like Vic suggested and I try not to lie her flat in her pram. Her fave spot is sitting up against your chest and she always falls asleep there. Her poos are the same and the medication gives them terrible wind as well.

Vic you deserve a medal! I realtion to the skin issues, there is NO soap in our house. I used to use all the expensive oils etc, but found that non soap products did just the same. I just use a moisturising shower gel. Have been using it on Darcy too and her flaky skin is all about gone. I rarely use scented moisturisers etc and prefer non scented. I use Ionil T shampoo for my scalp as it tends to bleed. I also have to spot test sunscreens as they seem to make it worse. I've got it down to a fine art now and most of the time even though its reall bad on and around my face, you can't actually tell.

Kellee yes it was me worried about the inlaws turning up early and they arrived three hours before visiting hours, the day after I had my csec just as they were getting me out of bed for a shower! Then as they couldn't come in to the ward they offered to take the baby for a visit downstairs while I was showering - over my dead body!!!

Darcy has decided that now she's a big girl she won't do anything more than catnap duing the day thanks!, so now she's three hours over for a feed as she's tired herself out keeping her eyes open today. If she's not awake by 9 I'm going to wake her in an effort to try and push her long sleep back.

Hope oyu're all having a lovely weekend.

DoubleK Guest

Hi girls!! just thought i'd come join this thread, although i can't get to a computer very often, so if i disappear for a week or so.. i will be back! lol

i hope everyones May babies are going well, and all u new mums as well!

i cant believe its almost been 4 weeks since my little princess was born! the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy dragged on!

Rachy

Kellee Guest

Kim – OMG at the inlaws wanting to take the baby downstairs! Wow, that’s full on. How are they now? Only DILs can understand how frustrating MILs can be! Mine isn’t too bad, but she takes over every time she’s around Charlie. I think she’s got her heart in the right place – I did need a lot of help after he was born because of PND – but I’m FINE now and I really hate that she thinks I need to depend upon someone. I had to stop her from rushing in the other day when Charlie fell over and hurt himself – god, if I rushed in like that he would turn out to be a real wus. She looked very put out that I stopped her from comforting him straight away – he didn’t really hurt himself at all was over it in two seconds. Sorry, I’ll stop now. I could go on all day… I have lots and lots and LOTS of stories… but I’m sure you guys will hear about them as Toby gets older! I really hope that Darcy has a big sleep for you tonight. Good luck!

Hey Rachy! I was wondering where you’d gotten too! Congratulations on the birth of Krystal – I hope all is going well with you.

Had a lovely dinner with that friend of mine and watched a DVD with crazy gypsy musicians on it. Really made me want to go and play some music, but, alas, the piano is up against the wall adjacent to Charlie’s room and he’s asleep, do I don’t think that will be happening! I really feel like I need to get back into practicing again – even 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week would be good but finding that kind of time at the piano is beyond comprehension at the moment. * sigh * Oh well. One day! Just killing time waiting for Toby to wake up for his next feed – shouldn’t be too long now but I don’t want to wake him… I hate doing that. I bet that he’ll sleep for hours now that I’ve decided to wait up, but if I went to bed he’s wake up two minutes later! Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Kellee ~ BIR = Built In Robes! I’ve got a tonne of clothes, shoes, handbags, belts….the list goes on!! And they are in desperate need or organizing. There’s stuff in there I haven’t worn in years or worn at all!!! And that’s a great thing to be proud of – I’m proud when I manage to get us dressed, do the washing/cleaning and get some other one off thing done! And a friend coming over to cook for you – heaven!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Shazz ~ Good on you for using a combo of cloth and disposable nappies!

Kim ~ I still haven’t weighed Em yet – but he’s got his 6 week check up this week so come Thursday I’ll make a big announcement on his weight gain!!! He’s not been having 8 hour sleeps the last few nights but he has had at least 5 hours in between each feed and goes straight back to sleep afterwards which is the best part! And handmaking over 40 cards – congratulations!!! I’m really starting to feel guilty now LOL. Nobody mention scrapbooking… I really should stop neglecting mine! I hope Darcy’s dermatitis gets better soon. And OMG @ he IL’s turning up early and wanting to take Darcy downstairs without you!!

Vic ~ That’s def an accomplishment to be proud of… speaking of washing I have a load waiting to be hung right now LOL.

Mummy ~ How is that scrapbooking stuff going hehe? Did you get your early night?

Rachy ~ Good to hear from you and glad to know that little Krystal is going well. Time is flying by isn’t it? I can’t believe that Emerson will be 6 weeks this week – I think he’s starting to go through his growth spurt as well!

Alison ~ Good to hear from and know that Cooper is doing great and that you’re loving motherhood.

Sheree ~ YAY welcome back girl! Good to see you in here! Hope you are feeling better soon so you’ll be around a lot more. I hope Lachie is feeling better and I hope you are too. Keep us updated!!!

Jess ~ Sorry again about MSN… to be honest Em started fussing – went to change his nappy and never got back to the computer!!

WOW I don’t post for a day and look how much I have to catch up on! Yesterday we had a BB SA meet up which was great. It was good to catch up with all of the girls. Emerson slept for the whole meet!! I was so afraid that he wouldn’t sleep last night but he woke up at 1.30 and then not again till 7.30 this morning which was good. Not much planned today. Just some cleaning and perhaps seeing my sister and her little boy!

BBL

Hahaha Kel, between you, Vic and I I reckon we could write a book on in laws!!

Nat that is a gorgeous pic of Em!

Well just thought Id pop in to see if anyone's here - but guess not. Darcy's rash is clearing up nicely, but she's really cranky today. Here's hoping she's worn herself out...

Hi Mummies and Bubbies

hope you all had a great weekend
    i got to have 5 whole hours to myself on saturday while Dh babysat it felt so weird and i even had a slight anxiety attack when i had a slight milk let down and all i could think of was that my little man needed me and i wasn't there i picked up my phone to ring home and my sister told me not to be so stupid that i had left plenty of Expressed milk for him and to just enjoy being out i tried and i supposed i did enjoy myself but boy was i glad to get home one of his precious smiles and all was better but we will see how i go next week when my sister babysits him while i take my 2 older kids to the movies something i do with them every school holidays oh well enough rambling
    someone asked what Diversional therapy was heres a bit of a cut and paste definition = Diversional Therapy or Therapeutic Recreation is a holistic allied health and social welfare practice which promotes quality of life for people who experience barriers to participation in the "fullness of life," due to health problems, disabilities, aging or frailty.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Shazz ~ lol @ the milk let down, I have had the same thing happen to me. A number of times I have left DD home with DH while I whizzed into the shops, usually gone only 1/2 and hour or so. Then suddenly I get the sensation of my milk letting down and think my baby needs me, any minute my mobile phone will ring....but no, I hurry as fast as I can home, fly up the drive way, run inside the house...'is everything ok', my DH just stares at me saying everythings fine, what's wrong with you!!! So what did you get up to on your 5 hrs of freedom???

Lea ~ What a gorgeous pic of Emerson, haven't ever seen your DP, but I think that Em looks like you. My scrapbooking has been going great today. Got quite a bit done, so I am pretty proud of myself. Yes I did get an early night, and it was great...felt so good in the morning. I should probably do it more often!!! (yeah, like I'll make a habit of that)

Scrappy ~ Glad to hear that Darcy's rash is clearing up. Bummer she is cranky today though....I had a cranky little girl yesterday.

Hello to those I have missed....Take Care X

Thanks Kim - that's one of Em's first smiles that I managed to catch on camera!! Add me in on the in law book as well - though I'm at the other end of the spectrum! DP's parents have never even met me... don't want to either.

Shazz ~ Glad to hear you got some time to yourself. It must have been nice even though it was probably just as nice to get back to him!!! I'm sure you will be fine taking the other kids to the movies - you will probably be too busy to miss him too much. What are you going to see?

Well I had another busy day again. Got and up and got ready - did some washing and cleaning and then visited my sister and her little man. He's just over 2 weeks and boy did he make Em look big and tubby hehe!! We got some cute photo's of them together. which was great. Then I came home and did some cooking and then went to a Jewellery Journey party at a friends where I bought a nice watch and necklace even though I didn't need it...

Just off to catch up with some posts. I have a bust start to the week tomorrow so I have to get some sleep to be prepared for that!

ETA - I missed your post Mummy! Everyone including my own family says that Em looks like DP!!! I think he's got my eyes at least LOL! There are a few pics of us together on my website if you want to have a squiz to get an idea. I think you are going to have to encourage me with my scrapbooking. I just haven't found the time yet. There's always washing and cleaning and visiting and feeding!! The little guy just always wants to feed and he takes so long - about 45 mins or longer to have 120 mls!!! Early nights... I feel good when I have them too but I don't get them very often!!!

morning ladies

mummy~ sad as it is my freedom was spent helping my grandparents with a garage sale they move in 2weeks to a retirement village and were feeling a bit over welmed by all the stuff they had to get rid of

Lea ~ we are going to see adam sandlers new one " Click " it looks alright

well i got another fairly good night again last night Ryan went down at 7.30pm woke for a feed @ 1.15 am and then again @5 am and has just woken up now for a top up
    hope you all have a great day i catch up agan a bit later

Kellee Guest

Lea – I would be proud of organising my cupboards too! That’s quite a feat. And glad to see Em is still sleeping well. I agree –it’s not the waking up part that sucks but the not going back to sleep straight away part that’s the hard bit. Glad you enjoyed the meet up too – I checked out the QLD forum a while ago and it was pretty quiet. It’s a shame really – would love to catch up with some people in person. How’s your sister going with her little one? Does she still live with your parents?

Shazz – Wow, I’m glad you had some time to yourself on Saturday. It feels so weird when you leave them for the first time, doesn’t it? That’s so nice that you’re going to be able to take your other kids to the movies on their own too. I think when Tom has some time off from next week (a whole month!) I might take Charlie out, just the two of us, and do something special too. Yay for Ryan having a good sleep too – that’s awesome! Hope it lasts. By the way, how are you feeling at the moment?

Mummy – early nights? What are those? I can’t help myself either – I know I should go to bed earlier but I love the time to myself when the kids are asleep and I’m not needed by anyone. Good on you for getting some scrapbooking done.

Hello to everyone else too. Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Well, we went on the much anticipated “First Family Outing” yesterday to Tom’s gig at Montville. It went pretty well – as well as could be expected. Unfortunately the gig ran late (the organisers fault) and Charlie got really overtired because he missed his afternoon sleep. If it had all run on time he would have slept in the car at his usual time and it would have been fine, but as it turned out we didn’t get to leave for home until after 5. He did fall asleep but by the time we got home it was almost his bed time for the night. He woke up so cranky and upset and screamed for an hour, wouldn’t have his dinner and was inconsolable – he made himself sick he was so tired. Poor little thing. I felt like such a bad mum! Toby was fine though, which was lucky – if both of them had been like that I would have probably cracked it! Tom chucked a sickie today because I was so emotionally drained from yesterday that I didn’t think I’d be able to do it on my own today. I’m sure I’ll feel better tomorrow though, so don’t worry. Managed to get out for my first proper walk today too – no rain to jinx me! It felt so good – I’m glad I’m back on top of that again.

Anyway, must go and continue washing. Does it ever end? I reckon I’ll lose the baby weight easily just from the sheer amount of washing I have to do – I think 15 minutes of washing equates to about 1 ½ points on the WW program (does it Kim?)! Hope you’re all having a lovely Monday.

Vic- lately Bella has been really bad, getting into my lap while I'm feeding Patrick, but usually she is really good.
    Lea- DH's parents have met me but have basically disowned him, he hasn't spoken to them in three weeks!
    WHINGE!
    I am ****ed off with DH atm! His idea of helping me with Patrick and Bella is laying on the bed saying Bella come over here! I've asked him to take Pat, but he argues that he is busy!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

angelique Guest

Guys does anyone have a cure for babies that don't want to be put down after 7pm for a nap? Gosh I am at my wits end. I have tried everything and I am keeping her up more in the day but still, when it comes to that time she just does not want a nap and cries!! HELPPP

Angelique I am having the same problem but it is 7am not pm. Cooper has been awake since 7:30 and eventually fell asleep at midday in the pram in the supermarket. This has been going on for a week now and I have tried everything, he just fights sleeping. The rest of the day/night he settles right away...not sure what to try next. The pram and car settles him, but its too damn cold and crazy to be walking at that time of day, especially in Melbourne.

LOL Angelique, mine won't sleep during the day until about 4 and then not much after 3am. I let her sleep whenshe finally decides to and if all else fails get into bed with her. I have been at Tresillian and all, but now I'm used to her, I let her make the rules. A Baby Bjorn has helped us immensley, and if she sleeps in that I don't care, it means she doesn't cry so much from overtiredness.

angelique Guest

Hi guys,

Neverplan - I put her to sleep at 7pm and she only sleeps for an hour then it is a nightmare trying to get her to wait for her 10pm feed.

Delta - at least he is like that in the morning, beats being bad at night when you are totally exhausted and cant hold the little one anymore. This is the problem I am having.

Scrappy - I have gotten into bed with her once but she keeps making noises and that stops us from sleeping. I hope it eventually get's better for you. I am keeping the faith that eventually mine will get the idea.

Lachie is like Cooper Alison. He is an alarm clock for 6 or 7am even if his last feed was 5am. Even tried putting big thick doonas over the window to disguise it as night still, but it just don't work, and then he still wants to be awake until lunch or mid afternoon. There was only once that I got him back to sleep when he woke at 7am when this just so happened to be the 3 hours that I stretch him out for a feed and he had a really really bad night (and when I say bad I will explain - 2 nights ago he was awake from 11pm to 3:30pm and I hadn't been asleep at all yet!), anyways got him back to sleep at 8am in bed with me until 9:30am which made me feel a little more sane! I was a walking mess and felt like I couldn't cope, gosh sleep is soooo important!

I guess I don't cope with the 7am wake ups (and especially seeing as he wants to be awake and play and mummy just doesn't find that amusing LOL) seeing as you have broken sleep during the night, just wish he would sleep till 8am at least!

Kellee Guest

Jess – Ggrr at DH. That’s ok, once you’re all healed you’ll have something to hold over him… nudge nudge wink wink LOL and then he might help you more! Sorry to hear that Bella isn’t taking the new situation too well. Charlie was good to start with too, but lately he’s been screaming every time Toby does, and he’s even waking up at night when Toby cries now, which he didn’t do for the first two weeks. Apparently this phase is short lived, so I’ve heard, so hopefully we don’t have to go through it for too long!

Angelique – I’m so sorry, but I don’t have any solutions for you. Have you asked a MCHN? Sometimes they’re very good at offering advice for that kind of thing. Maybe post a thread in the General Babies and Toddlers Discussion Forum – I’m sure someone there will have had experience with it. I hope you find a solution soon – let us know if you do. They do sort out a more ‘normal’ routine eventually, but I know that knowing that doesn’t really help you right at the moment. Big hugs to you.

Hello to everyone else as well. Hope your bubs are behaving for you!

Sounds like we have some sleeping demons to sort out in here at the moment. Maybe it’s an age things too – I know that at certain periods (like 6 weeks old, I’m told) they can go crazy for a few days while they’re going through a growth spurt. I hope that’s all it is for you guys!

I think it’s time for me to bite the bullet and find a mothers’ group. At the ‘outing’ on Sunday I had a few issues – one of the girls in the band has always been a fairly blunt person, but she was downright rude that day. There was me with my two kids and another lady with a 7 week old and this girl thought that it was an appropriate time to talk about how she didn’t really like babies. No tact at all. And I felt like she totally ignored me the entire time (we were all having lunch together) which was a shame because we usually get on really well. The way she behaved and some of the things she said made me feel like I wasn’t important now that I’m a SAHM. I think that what we are all doing is one of the most important and wonderful things that a human being can do. I suppose that I just need to start surrounding myself with people who feel the same way. It was such a bugger because I was really looking forward to having a social outing with these people and I just came away feeling frustrated.

Anyway, sorry for my little rant! I figured that you guys, of all people, would understand how I feel! I hope that you all get a bit more sleep tonight. Big hugs to you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast