Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #26

i wish christine i live in the sticks we don't have such technology here maybe one day

Poor you Shazz, then again I'm sure you don't have to put up with traffic jams on a 3 minute drive either!

Hi Girls!

Just got home. Had another night of contractions but am ok. Still trying to pull stuff out of the car and sort the animals so i will be back later on to fill you all in a bit better. I am ok though. Still getting pains but not contracting at the moment.

Thanks for all your messages.

BBL!

thank god your alright Sara please take it easy

Take It Easy!!!!!!

I know it's hard on your own, but it's only 109 days to go. Can your mum come and stay? Are the IL's coming on time?

I was thinking aobut that though. I've only ever really worked at major teaching hospitals. I've worked on younger babies than yours. They would never have not given you drugs or told you that it wasn't viable at 24 weeks. That sucks. I really hope you're getting all the care you deserve.

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Sara..

Glad to hear from you, and hope that you are going to take it easy. Don't be too proud to call in help... from family, friends etc. If you can - put your feet up and rest for the next few weeks. The animals are not worth risking your baby.

Talking of animals - is there a chance that Brent can leave work and come and be with you. You've only got 5-6 weeks to go. He should be by your side now and helping out with Briley and around the house. You shouldn't be doing all of that alone.

If he won't come home, I really hope your mum or MIL will come and stay with you.

well...
    I'm a bit nervous. I got some blood tests done last week (for the pregnancy), and the GP phoned today to say something is 'irregular'. At first they were fully booked until tomorrow, but I just phoned now and they had a cancellation at 4.15pm. So I'll find out then. I'm sure it's nothing too serious.

On an exciting note though... I'm looking at a house tomorrow & seeing the bank in the evening! There is a 7 bedroom house for just over $500k, and it's only 16km from the city (at the moment I'm 32km from CBD). Its got students in there at the moment, none of them on leases... so it's obvious it would need "some work".... but Yariv & I love renovating... and a huge property that's been renovated in that area would be worth an absolute bomb. Hope that it's half decent. And if it is, I hope the bank will finance us.

will check in later... let you know about the bloods.
    Jodie
    xx

Oooh great news about the house Jodie! How wexciting.

Speaking of exciting....Darcy took her first steps on her own today!!! Was only a few steps, but it was multiple times back and forth between DH and I and she was starting all by herself.

Jodie259 Guest

Wooo Hooo Darcy !!!
    You go girlfriend!

I don't think Shaun will be far off walking... but he doesn't show much interest. He's got great balance and he lets go of things more often. Today he stood by himself and drank a bottle at the same time! I was with the maternal nurse & I think she was quite surprised by it.

oh yeah... just got back from docs. Nothing to panic about. Stupid receptionist made it sound really serious. Turns out the urine test showed a little bit of thrush (I didn't even feel it - so it's not that serious). She said whack a bit of cream down there and I'll be fine!

Phew thats a relief Jodie glad it wasn't anything serious

Glad to hear you are okay Sara - take care you hear.

Kim - WTG Darcy........ Clever girl.

Jodie - that is a relief. 'just wack a bit of cream down there!!' that's funny.

Hope everyone else is well.

Had a [email protected] day at work and have a cracker of a headache. DH is working a late shift so after I feed and bath Katy and chuck her in bed I am not going to be far off.

HAve a good night.

Sara- glad you are OK, now stop unloading the frigging car and worrying about animals and REST!! You really need someone to stay and help you. (actually Jess is really annoying me atm with typical teenage attitude I'll post her up!)
    Jodie- hope the cream works ! Lucky you having thrush you can't feel! The alternative is awful. Wow about the house, 7 bedrooms!! How many more kids are you having LOL.
    Leanne- you sound wrecked, have you asked them about part time yet?
    Kim- walking wtg!! Riley started cruising the coffee table today for the first time, he seems to be everywhere atm and into everything! I had forgotten what this stage is like, I think boys are "busier" than girls or maybe its just my kids. He can get up the first 3 stairs now, DH has to build me gates ASAP!
    Erin has 2 friends over tonight, they are 7 and 5, the 3 of them are having a ball, the little brother who is 4 cried cause he wanted to stay too (I don't think I'm up for that many LOL) In the car they were discussing whether insects could cough LOL Sophie then informed everyone that her big brother (9yrs) told her that if you eat green food your wee goes green! Hopefully they will sleep at least some of the night cause I would like to go to bed now.

Well your poo goes green don't know about the wee though
    Christine, we have a staircase that goes around a corner - the other day I heard noises upstairs and went to check - realised I'd left the bottom gate open and found Darcy waiting to be let through the gate at the top! Gotta teach her to get herself back down safely me thinks.... not sure about your busy theory though...when Katy and Darcy get together with the boys from our mothers group - it's them being into everything and everyone and making the boys cry!

Hey Leanne, those Beaconsfield boys are releasing a song for our babies birthdays lol. It's called 326 hours or something - about the length of time I was in labour

Maybe Riley is just wild Kim!! I think Darcy and Katy sound like his kind of chicks LOL We will have to get together one day.
    Jess and Erin both learnt to go up stairs long before they could get back down which was a pain.

wooohoo wtg darcy and riley won't be long and they will be running every where
    Ryan the little snot climbs up onto our bed then flops off the edge and around again for another ride scaryyyy i think i liked it better when he was just walking from lounge to lounge
    well i do believe here comes out next lot of anti biotics for ..... wait for it .... i bet you can't guess ... he he ear infection i swear i'm so over it i just get him sleeping through the night then wham take that .... it doesn't help that he is definately teething again all four eye teeth are peeking out for a look see my poor boys butt is so red and inflamed really there is not enough bum creme in stock to contend with such trauma .. he slept for all of 10 minutes today then fought all the way tonight but finally daddy won then had the hide to say to me that it was my fault he was over tired " i should have lied down with him to get him to sleep longer today " WTF i so don't think so bloody men i'll remind him of that when the house work has piled up and he has no clean jocks to wear ok rant over i really need to go to bed i think i'm rambling ...sorry

Jodie259 Guest

just a quick post...

Christine... at 40yo, I don't plan to have too many kids! But you can never have too many bedrooms... one for us, one for each kid, a visitors room, an office, a sewing room, a toy room... There you go - 7 rooms filled!!!

BTW... I haven't chatted with my cousin... but her name is Cheryl, and she lives in Glebe. She's definately a nurse (fairly senior I think)... she's worked there for years.. like 20 years or something! I think there are a few Tresillians... so I'm not sure which one she works in. I'll try and find out. Are you booked in?... which one?

Sara ~I’m so glad to see you are home. Please take it easy sweety. Now that Kim mentions it – a workmate of mine had her little boy at 23 weeks and he made it. Though if they’d gone to a different hospital they too said they wouldn’t have given the injections.

Jodie ~ That house sounds fantastic!!! Good luck! I would love filling 7 rooms lol How annoying that the nurse made it seem more serious then it was! It took ages for Em to have any interest in walking.

Leanne ~ I hope that headache goes away. I had an awful one today that just wouldn’t budge!

Christine ~ pmsl @ green wee!

Kim ~ WTG Darcy!!! What a smart little girl!!! Cheeky little girl getting up the stairs as well!

Oh Shazz I hope your little man is better soon!

I bought a HUGE bag of Cadbury eggs and I’m pigging out on them lol. I think we have more teeth coming up. I can see them and he's dribbling and whingey and has baaaaaad nappies. He's also going through a huge clingy phase and cries when ever I leave him which makes it hard to drop him off at CC

Alright I'm getting tired so I might head off to bed.

Morning girls!

Thanks heaps for all your well wishes girls! And thanks heaps to Nat for keeping everyone updated! I really apprecitate it!

So basicall this is what happened:

All was fine sunday morning. I was feeling great, no pains at all. So later on i put Briley down for a sleep and decided to have a lay down myself. This is when the pains started. They were just like bad period pain then. At about 10.05am i started too get tightenings and took a couple of panadol and decided to try a hot shower. Briley was awake by now and we go in and sat in there for around 25mins. They tightenings were still coming by now and they were getting quite uncomfortable.

When i was discharged the previous friday, the Dr told me to to wait half an hour after the pains started before i called the Birth Suite. If they lasted any longer than to call. So i waited to 10.40am and made the call. They wanted me too go in.

So off i went and went through all the usual stuff. BP, temp, urine samples etc etc. They did another speculum and found my cervix was still closed (thank god!). All the while the pains were coming and going. Some quite painful. So at 4pm they said to drink a heap of fluid in case i was dehydrated and this being the reason i was contacting. 5pm came still contracting so i was admitted overnight.

That night at about 9pm i started getting strong regular tightenings. The midwife came and sat with me for a while and we timed them. I was having 3 in 5 minutes. So back up too the Birth Suite i was sent. Another spec was done and cervix was still closed. They then decide to put me on some anti-biotics just incase there was an infection that they were'nt picking up. I was then sent back down too the ward.

Woke up yesterday morning and was feeling a little sick but no pains. The Dr came in to see me at around 9am and said i could go home. I do have too go back in on Friday to get another spec done. They are going to do a swab to try and find a certain type of protein that a womans body releases when she is likely to go into labour in the next couple of weeks. If they find this in me, its only a matter of time. If not, thats excellent!

So yeah today i am tired and having a few pains but nothing to worry about too much. At the moment its all touch and go unfortunetely. I hate not knowing what is wrong but they are pretty certain that i have an Irritable Uterus. Never heard of it!! But it would make sense.

Now for personals!

Jodie - The house sounds awesome mate! Good luck with the finance. I really hope you get it! At least there will be plenty of room if any of us BB girls decided to invade!! Glad the test results came back! I can't believe your pregnant again. Its soo good that things were'nt difficult for you! Oh and i have 15 weeks too go not 5-6!!! If i only had that much to go it would'nt be such a worry. I wish i only had that much to go!

Nat/Kim - Yeah it was quite a shock they way they told me one minute they were'nt willing to try and do anything for the baby and then the next they tell me we are giving you the steroids. Its all such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I have been dealing with it well though. Everytime i go up to the hospital the sign that says Neonatal Intensive Care Unit all stands out. I just look away really quickly. I really hope i don't have to go through that. I honestly don't know if i would have the inner strength. I watch Saving Babies and pray to god that i never have to go through what those people went through. And now here i am. Not quite there but its a possibility.

Shazz - Another ear infection???? OMG! How many is that now?? Have they Dr said wether its normal or not??? I feel so sorry for the little fella. I hope is ok.

Christine - A teenager would probably be a little too much now!!! IL's will be up here shortly and that will be hard enough! Nah it will be good to have someone here to help me out now. Esp with all that going on at the moment!

Kim - YAY @ Darcy walking! Briley is shuffling along furniture a little bit but only for a few steps. Then she jumps plonks down on her bum and crawls away! My mum works and goes to Tafe so its kinda hard for her too drop everything and come up here and stay. Maybe if i did'nt live so far out of town she would. IL's will be here in the next week or so but.

Sorry if i missed anyone! Hi to you if i did!

Well everything has been all about me lately that i have really spoken much about my beautiful little girl.

Briley has another tooth and has added the word "pretty" to her vocabulary. She is also becoming quite an affectionate little girl lately. When she see's me sitting on the lounge she crawls over and wants to get up with me. When she gets up there she gives me cuddles and lays her head of my chest. Its just beautiful. She is REALLY showing us her personality lately.

I sometimes just stare at her and think how beautiful she is. How perfect she is. She has sooo much hair at the moment and is way overdue for her first hair cut. I have been putting it off. I don't know what to say too the hairdresser. How the hell do you cut a 10 month old hair!!! I don't want her too look to much like a boy. I will have to bite the bullet shortly though. Maybe just before Daddy comes home next week!

There is so much more i wanted to post but this has turned out to be another giant post. I was going to tell you all about the stuff up the hosptial had involving me yesterday. And about what the Baby Dr's came and spoke to me about on sunday. Will have to wait till this afternoon! If i remember.

Anyways, hope you are all well. Have a great day!

Sara- so glad you are OK, I meant Jess as a helper- shes nice for other people LOL Actually she cleaned the loungeroom and babysat for me today so I love her again.
    Vic- hope he is OK, sounds worrying, are you going to the doctors again?
    Taking Riley to the docotrs this arvo, he has this really chesty cough and a runny nose and has been worse at night and not sleeping, I have been giving him dimetapp which he hates but its not doing anything. They prob. won't do anything but his chest sounds so rattly that I want him checked just in case.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast