Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #26

morning all

Jodie ~ bugger about the house i hope you find one that is suitable and in reach $$ wise
    Tania ~ i'm just west of brisbane small little country town and wooohooo on jaydens first haircut
    Vic ~i'm glad little adam is feeling better
    Sara ~ hope your resting
    Kim ~ hows things hun
    Alison ~ hope your both well
    Angelique ~ hope you and katerina are well also
    Christine ~ howdy :waves:
    can you tell i have nothing to say god i'm boring
    oh i did just take ryan for his 12months check up
    HC 53cm ( i think is what she said) height 77cm but he has lost so much weight he is 9 .480 kg

Kim ~ GL to your DH with Liteneasy. I hope its worth the money. LOL @ sneaking choccies while heís at work!

Tania ~ I just love your posts!! LOL. I am going to be a mess when Em turns one as well. Oh I think Iíd just slap Chris if he said ďwell you wanted himĒ like that to me. Em was a surprise and even G has never said anything like that to me (prolly coz he knows he wouldnít have a life worth living if he did LOL). I am thinking of making a number one cake or a train cake. Depending on how adventurous Iím feeling LOL. I completely understand how you feel about the smoking issue with your SIL. I delete heaps of some of the stuff I post as well LOL Whoo hoo for Jaydenís first hair cut! It makes a huge difference doesnít it?

Vic ~ Grrrr to your family!!!! That is great there is no more pink poo. I hope nothing comes fo it.

Jodie ~ Buggar about the house. It sounded huge!! You sound so busy!!! YAY for more teeth for Shaun!!!

Sara ~ Take it easy hun!

Shazz ~ rofl you are not boring! I am taking Em in tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what he weighs. I honestly feel as though heís stacked on a kilo in the past few weeks!

Well I was meant to be studying this morning but slept in then had dramas with my computer and couldnít turn it on. Obviously all fixed now but Iíve been loafing around and posting rather then studying. Iím going out for lunch and then working tonight so wonít be around this afternoon. Bought Em a gorgeous Bonds Hoodie last night. I canít wait to try it on him!! Itís a blue, grey and red one! Iíve got a red and blue jumper on layby for him as well. I love BONDS!! LOL.

angelique Guest

Default It has been a while

Hello Everyone.

It has been so long since I have written. I am so busy at work and I am hardly on the computer at home.

Katerina is well Shaza. She is almost 1, almost!! We are having a little party for her and some kids at Lolly pop playland. She is officially 1 on the 11th May. It has been such a long haul and she is wonderful and just so smart. She is becoming a little parrot. It is just soo cute. It is nice to be able to get some sleep now!! THank goodness.

Hope everyone is well

Vic- Erin and Jess both did ballet for a year at age 4 (Jess) and 5 (Erin) but they quit after 1 year as it was pretty intense and I'm just not that kind of mum LOL Erin did soccer and T-ball last year (winter/summer) she is like me she likes to try things out then stop LOL Erin just does swimming in summer now and drama one afternoon per week. I find if they do too much too young they ge too tired and don't have time for homework and play. Really as a teacher I would advise 1 out of school activity for Hayley's age group. I think I would wait until Dylan starts school before letting him do AFL but thats just my opinion.

Vic ~ we ended up going with the climbing gym thingy with a crawling tunnel for ryans b day

sport yes sheridan has done netball since she was 7 and is now heading for 13 and playing representitive squad and Nick has played nettaball ( ball skills )inthe first half of the year from 7 yrs old and then afl in the second half ( auskick) mainly ball skills and a run around
    it can be difficult getting them to commit to homework over the fun stuff though

Evening girls!

Well i did'nt need to go in to the hospital!! So thats good. Mum and a few other family members gave me a suprise visit with some Cheesecakes today so that was nice. We had some cake and went for a walk around that place to get some fruit and some other plants.

Briley has been a shocker all day again. She is soooo clingy at the moment its not funny. Its hard to try and do anything for myself.

I was going to do personals but brent is calling at 8 and i have a million things to do before he calls. Washing up, feed the animals, get my bags ready for tomorrow, get briley's bags ready for tomorrow and have a shower! Anyways, Sorry!

I am kinda looking forward to the test tomorrow. At least this will determine wether i have to be ready for a prem baby or not. It will also prepare me mentally. I am hoping to the heavens above that it comes back negative though. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed!

So i wont be on in the morning but i will be back tomorrow to let you in on the news. Wish us luck!

Hope you are all well! Talk then!

Ciao

Jodie: What a shame about the house!! You will find another one (just maybe not as big and for that price). I hope your MS eases up for you!

Sara: YAY for getting through the night LOL…..Thanks for those pics they are great!! Briley is gorgeous of course and your belly…wow! I miss my belly now (I still have one just not with a baby in it hehe). How great of your mum and relies to drop in….mmmm cheesecake!! Good luck for your test, I’ll be thinking (and praying) for you…send me a txt I can’t wait until I get home from work to find out LOL.

Shazz: You’re not boring at all!! Has Ryan lost the weight from being sick? Poor bub, measurements seem pretty good though.

Nat: He makes me so mad you have no idea LOL I bite my tongue so many times because some things aren’t worth fighting over or I know I will have to explain something 10 times before he understands. I want to do the train but hmmm it looks difficult haha. I couldn’t believe how a haircut can make babies look like little kids haha. Bonds stuff are fantastic!! I haven’t bought any for ages (other than singlets).

Vic: We are probably going to get Jayden a swing set, you’ve probably already got that though.

Jayden made a liar out of me today, we got to FDC and I was telling SIL & BIL how Jayden took 6 steps in a row last night and then he wouldn’t even take 1 step for them!! He was tired though as he got up at 5.30am again…..I got him some Dimetapp this afternoon so I hope that works. Who was talking about Dimetapp recently? Does it work for coughing? They said it does but there is nothing on the packet about coughing. Anyway I’m off to bed (shortest post from me in a while hehe).

No your aren't boring Shazz!
    Here's an excerpt from the mouths of babes...
    My sis: How much do you love Nanny?
    My 3yo nephew: Lots and lots
    Sis: Kimmy?
    Nephew: Lots and lots
    Sis: Cam?
    Nephew: Lots and lots
    Sis: Darcy?
    Nephew: Just the littlest bit....

Can't beat em for honesty...wish all my customers were like that lol.

Can't you sabotage them or something Vic? They suck.

Sara and Tania missed oyur posts.

Sara good luck tomorrow. STAY IN THERE BABY!!!!

Tania, Darcy did that exact same thing to me, and now where she used to loved walking, and holding your hands, now she flat out refuses. However she did show mum and dad today....my dad is just the proudest Poppy!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; April 19th, 2007 at 08:31 PM.

OK need reassurance that I am not the worst mother in the world.
    Jess was supposed to go to a party tonight at an older girl from work's place. A friend also 15 was going with her. I asked Jess a number of times were the parents going to be home, had the plice been informed etc (Yes I know I am paranoid) Anyway I just had a bad feeling, it seemed odd tohave a party on a thursday night - Jess said it was the school hols thats why Thursday. Anyway tonight before i drove them there I found out the address from J and looked up the number and rang the house and asked to speak to Mrs. XYZ. Surprise Surprise the girl on the phone said oh no shes on holidays and won't be back until tuesday! I truly don't think J knew the parents weren't going to be there but anyway it worried me and as DH said we can't take this other girl without checking with her parents. The other girl begged me not to call her mum as she wouldn't be allowed to go. Then the girls said they couldn't get hold of other mum. I meanwhile rang the local police to see if the party had been registered and spoke to this lovely lady cop who said the party hadn't been, and that if it was her she wouldn't be letting her 15 yr old go! (She was so nice, we had a good chat) Then I found out there weren't bouncers either, just boys at the party would act as bouncers.
    Eventually I got to speak to J's friend's mum (and to this day I don't believe it was really her mum) and she was fine about her daughter going to the party so I said OK I'll drop her there but you will have to sort out how she is getting home. The "mum" said, oh, umm I'd better speak to DD. Long story short (well not really LOL) the other girl after many texts and calls gets a lift home (her mum didn't want to pick her up apparantly) and I dropped her at the party. Jess now hates me and is in her room crying. I feel really bad cause she says she feels like she is being punished for being good, and I have tried to tell her that despite how it feels she isn't being punished we are just keeping her out of a potentially dangerous situation. I am worried I am driving her into rebelling but just want her to be safe.
    Sorry for the long ramble just needed to vent.

You're doing a good job. Christine I would have told you exactly the same thing had you rung my station. I would have done exactly what you did. You also get extra good mother points for effort, initiative and conscience. She probably is going to rebel one day, but not to the extent you're worried about. I wish I could take her out with me for a few nights for you. She'd know how great you are then.

You have no idea how much I needed those words Kim. She has cried herself to sleep and my heart breaks for her but I know I couldn't let her go. I know she will understand one day but its a long way from now. i wish you could take her out too. She thinks that we live in this safe friendly little world and whilst i never want her to get hurt I need her to be aware of the dangers. OMG motherhood never gets easier does it?

Jodie259 Guest

Christine, You did the right thing... no question about it.
    You cannot take any risks nowadays. With SMS notification, there could be hundreds of people at that party within minutes - and there could be so much trouble. There could be alcohol/drugs and people spiking drinks.
    Can you imagine how much trouble that girl will be in if the party gets out of control and the house is trashed while her parents are away???????? Obviously 15 year old girls don't think of the consequences. Part of me hopes that nothing happens, but part of me hopes that something little happens so that girl learns a big lesson and her parents are furious with her. Talking of her parents... did they leave a 15 year old alone at home while they are on holidays?? That's just stupid if they have!

Don't worry about Jess.... she will get over it.

Shaun is such a little monkey. The other night I found 5 bottles down the side of his cot (between the wall and the cot bumper). Then tonight I pulled the cot away from the wall and found SIX dummy's!!! Then tonight he was in his room playing, and when Yariv went in there, all his clothes were on the floor. He had upturned his toy box, stood on it, opened the wardrobe door and pulled out all the clothes he could reach!!! I think it will be any day now that he climbs out of his cot...

Christine ~ i think you did the right thing also i'm sure Jess will get over it

Interestingly when I got up this morning around 10 (I know how exciting to sleep that long!) Jess' friend who went to the party was here. (WTF?) I said ?? Jess said she just came round to pick up her stuff. That was 2 hours ago, they were on the couch watching movies when I came down. I asked Jess where the friend slept and Jess reckons her own house but it al just seems very suss to me.
    Anyway enough teenager [email protected], sorry to hijack a baby thread too.
    Riley has a tooth!!!! I felt it on Wednesday night, you can only just see it though. He is on antibiotics atm and seems to be getting better thank goodness. He is soooo active he seems to be everywhere LOL and into everything too.
    Hope everyone is well BBL for personals,

I can't wait until Darcy starts gymnastics. But I totally agree about the extra activities tiring them out. My cousins kids do a million things but that also means thier parents spend hours after school every day ferrying kids around. How is that good family time spending?

Ah the joys of a climber Jodie! She can climb up on places I never even thought of. The other day I found her on the computer desk - she'd climbed up onto the computer tower and then onto the desk. And their reach is always way more than you imagined.....

Totally off babies, but I did something drastic today - I went and got my long thick blonde hair cut into a mahogany coloured Posh Becks style bob. I don't think DH knew how to take it. He says he likes it, but that's OK - what's he going to do if he doesn't? I'm sick of wearing it in a pony tail, and if I don't want to wear a bun to work, it has to be shorter than my collar. So it is now....

Oh wow Kim that sounds different! Does it feel funny? I bet it looks great, you will have to get a ticker with you in it.

hehehe it feels HUGELY different. It is so light it feels like i have no hair, yet I can feel it moving on the back of my neck.

ooh i bet it looks great Kim i love that feeling of weightlessness ??is that even a word .... i had my hair chopped off to after i had ryan it was half way down my back and when i get a head ache it felt like it weighed a small tonne so it is now gone and i love it some days but others like when i'm late for work it 's not so good

Ryan is in bed already he only had a hour long nap today so i'm off to do bottle s and bed my self nite

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast