Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #28

Sara ~ glad to see things are going alright for you bugger about the flu hope you are all feeling better soon

Okay scuse me while I catch up on some personals LOL.

Jodie ~ Whoo hoo on being first!! Has that bank got back to you yet?

Vic ~ Yep Japanese is the language they teach at the school. It is very strange to be based there. I canít wait to move around and see some other classes though. OMG @ Mel climbing and how cute of Adam learning to clap!

Sheree ~ We have another climber!! How cute!! Iím so glad to hear that heís doing well and that youíve settled in well. WOW 5 teeth that is great! Em still only has his 2 bottom ones Ė they are very cute though! Em was at that stage about a month or so ago with his walking as well and now heís running about the place so not long and youíll have a mover and a shaker on your hands!!! The temper tantrums are surprising arenít they? I didnít think Iíd be dealing with them for awhile LOL. I canít wait for Emís birthday either as heís soooo bored with most of his toys! I do hope you keep posting now! Its definitely time for some YOU time! Oh and you need to update your ticker LOL!!!!

Shazz
    ~ Whoo hoo for joining the gym! I am jealous!!! Oh no with Ryan and another ear infection! The poor little guy!

Kim ~ OMG @ seeing DHís patrol car!!! That would have freaked me out as well. Thank god he wasnít involved. Japanese is taught quite a bit over here. It was at my primary school and both high schools I went to. Ohhh which Happy Heinyís did you get? They are cute arenít they? I just bought a BBH which is fantastic for overnight and I also got two more BBH seconds as well. I think our problem with the Peapods is that Em has slimmed down a bit in the waist and they are such a generous size. He is on the last snaps and only just fits. Iíve got no idea about the kitchen sorry! Grrr to the ILís they sounds so so painful! That teddy bear place sounds fab I wish there were one here! Whoo hoo for the new ensuite!!

Tania ~ Its BUSY lol but I am just loving studying. I am a busy sort of girl and I feel strange when Iím not trying to do heaps of things at once hehe. What photos of Em were you after again lol? Vent awayÖI can completely understand your point of view. At least he came around a bit in the end hey?

Leanne ~ I hope you had a lovely weekend in Canberra.

Christine ~ LOVE that new pic of Riley!! Sooooo cute!!

Sara ~ I hope you, your MIL and Briley are feeling better soon. I too now understand why you take no crap from Brent hehe! Good on ya!

Em has developed a sudden love for showers. Its where he heads whenever he gets a chance and if he can heíll sit in there fully clothed looking up at the shower headÖ he chucks SUPER tantrums when you turn the water off and I havenít had a shower to myself in days LOL. Funny little kid he is!

I had another full on day today but it was very productive so Iím happy. Extremely tiredÖ but happy. Dishes are done, place is mostly tidy and I just have a load of washing to hang up then I am sitting down in front of the tele with my text books and relax!

Night girls!

The best one I've found so far is the Babybeehind and he fills it quite well overnight but hasn't leaked yet. It is a fitted nappy made fully of bamboo (the most absorbent material) with a PUL cover. The nappy can take awhile to dry but can be popped in the dryer if need be. I found that the Peapods with a night booster worked well though he woke up quite a few times completely drenched lol.

Whoo hoo for the girls weekend away!! We are having a night away in the Barossa with a massage and all... I cannot wait!!!!!

Oh Tania, migraines suck! Hope oyurs went away relativley quickly. I agree with Vic, though it was pretty much the same here until I had to go back to work and Cam HAD to look after Darcy. I go out more now on my own, but I still make sure the stuff is ready like nappies (we're in cloth and it's a bit more difficult) right food etc. You should make a list of stuff you want to do so that he can't say you don't want to do anything. I guess I'm lucky (doesn't feel like it sometimes) that I'm the decision maker around here....though I've been fed up lately and told Cam he is supposed to do some of that stuff. He won't ring people or do man stuff like he's supposed to. lol sounds dumb doesn't it.

Nat I got the daisy pattern one. I find that with the peapods too. My skinny minny always has a loose top part. I'll be interested to see what the pocket change ones are like. I wish Darcy liked the shower, but she's only interested in pushing on the glass door - not great in winter letting the cold air in lol. Not to mention the head injury factor.

Sara, you know I thought something like that might have influenced you. You go girl! Glad someone is giving you a hand.

Woohoo Vic! Sounds like a good thing anyway! you won't have kids in tow so the city thing mightn't be so bad.

Shazz good luck at the gym today! Man I hope you got a referral and Ryan gets some relief. PS did you get my birthday card?

How's your week Christine?

We're off to a little party with our mum's group today....when Darcy wakes up that is. Then I have to get her a present from Cam - he wants to buy her a dolly.

I don't have to work tonight thank goodness, but I do have 12hours on Thursday for court. Bit of a pain but will be interesting to see how Darcy goes for a day with my Mum. 2 night shifts are hard work for me so I'm thinking of swapping to a day.

Morning ladies,

How are we all today??? Well i hope!

I am feeling pretty good today. Another nesting day ahead i think. I've been up since 8.30am (Olwyn (MIL) let me have a bit of a sleep in!!) and have been scrubbing and washing and tidying since! I am trying not too push it to much though.

Even though she let me sleep in thismorning i do have the sh*ts a bit with Owlyn today! When i got out of bed she was feeding Briley breakfast. Good and generous i know. But she was feeding Briley eggs when she damn well knows that i have told her before i don't want Briley eating eggs yet. I am not sure what everyone else's point of view is on following guidelines as to what you meant to give babies at what age, but i try to follow them as much as i can. So this means that i don't want Briley to have a full on egg meal (boiled or scrambled eggs) until after she is 1. This might seem petty cause its only less than a month away but i would've even waited a little longer than after she turned 1.

The point is, she took full advantage of me being in bed still thismorning to give her the eggs. I told her weeks ago that i Briley was'nt allowed to have eggs yet. She replied with "oh bull****! we gave it to our kids!". I don't really give a stuff! I asked her not to give it to Briley and she did.

Thats one thing that really gets my goat about some people. How they deliberately go against you and do what you have asked them not to do with MY child. It pi**es me of even more when i feel like i should'nt say anything just too keep the peace!

Your opinions on this would be appreciated girls! Do you think i am overreacting?? Have you followed the guidelines i am going on about?? Etc etc....

Anyways!! So sorry for the rant girls!! Needed to get it off my chest!

Ok onto another feeding subject. For those who have older children, How and when did you start to wean them off the bottles??? I am wondering about when is the right time too, not so much completely take the bottle off Briley, but when to start maybe making the formula in a sippy cup and sending her to bed with that. Or even if too do that. What is the next stage is basically what i am asking??? Advice and comments would be really appreciated. In the mean time i will surf the forums to see if i can find anything.

Kim - Have a great day hun!! Darcy's big day tomorrow!! YAY!!!

Tania - Men are just big suck ar*es are'nt they!! Brent does the same thing when he stuffs up!! Carries on real nice and stuff. Does'nt change what they did though does it! Hope your feeling better today hun.

Nat - Oh are'nt you a lucky girl then!! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Briley does the same thing in the shower. We have been giving her showers for a while now and she chucks the biggest tanty when we turn the water off. Its even worse when you try and get her out of the shower! Its not too bad when i am in there with her and we get out together, but if she is in there on her own and we try and get her out well its on for young and old!! Little rat!

Vic - Your lucky too! Just think in September i will have a new born baby in my arms!!! Scary but wonderful thought. I reckon i will go overdue too. I kinda hope so but then i remember how uncomfortable i was with Briley!!

Again not much on today. Just tidying around the place. Briley is crashed at the moment. Took me an hour to get her to go down though.

She does the funniest thing now. When i put her in the cot to go to sleep she sometimes cries and carries on for a while. Well today she did just that. I close the door a bit and when i went back in there to check on her she was poking her head outside of the cot and around the door too see if i was coming! I had to laugh at her! Ofourse she thought it as funny too. I love her so much.

Ok this has turned into a mammoth post. I will be hanging around for a while too see if anyone posts on the questions i asked!! Looking forward to your responses!!

Have a great day girls!

Thanks heaps Vic.

Briley has had a sippy cup for a few months now and she drinks water and whatever else we put in it out of that. Is that what you mean by a cup?? Or do you mean just a normal cup?? She likes to drink out of a cup but tends to spill a lot of it down her front. We also discovered a few weeks back that she can drink out of a straw. I was thinking about tring that. Do you think that would help??

The only reason i am asking about this is because i am due to buy her new bottles and i don't know wether to have 4 again or just stick to 2 and try and wean her off the bottles. That and because she is reaching the 12 month mark too.

I don't want to wean her too early cause she really loves her bottles at bed time. Maybe i should try and give her the milk in the sippy cup during the day and leave the bottles for bed time??? What about that???

I have no idea about weaning off bottles cos I have a boobie girl, but I used to feed her right before bed. Now I feed her at the same time every day and then she plays for about an hour before she goes to bed. DH gives me the s***s because like your MIL he waits until I'm at work to do what he wants and feeds her to sleep. She still goes down no fuss with the early feed - I actually think it's better for her because now she doesn't even fight at all - she just goes to sleep. The dentists don't recommend having their teeth bathed in milk fluid at night anyways - I have done HEAPS of teeth extractions in small kids cos their teeth were rotten.

Darcy has had egg white but she didn't like it so I'm in no hurry. I tried her with a bit of peanut butter the other day (she's so close to 1 anyway) but she ate around it so I won't bother again.
    No you aren't making too much of a fuss. Yes we had it when we were little, but I don't know about you but no child at my school had allergies like they do today either. Darcy still hasn't had strawberries yet for the same reason.
    My MIL would do the same thing so that's why she's not allowed to look after Darcy. The other day while Cam was at their house (I was sleeping) she made her vegies - a whole cereal bowl of veges. Darcy still only eats 4 icecubes of food at a time - Her stomach is as big as her fist - what are you doing?!?!?! His Nan berated me for not allowing her to give darcy bread at lunch the other day - she'd all ready had her own lunch plus all the crap my 145kg SIL had given her - grrrr I DON"T WANT A FAT KID!!!!

Sorry Sara - no I don't think you were being silly.

Oops - forgot. Vic yeah that's what I want to get her, but MIL/SIL wanted to buy her a CPK for christmas and I told them no becasue she was too small to have one - I really said no because I'm the Mum and the 1st CPK and Barbie should come from me....so I'm a bit torn...ah what the heck, what's one more drama with them?

Strawberries aren't meant to be given before a year are they? I have no idea why tho LOL but Em hasn't had 'em hehe!

Vic I use the bamboo ones as they are more absorbent but be warned they take forever to dry. Without the sun my BBH took a few days to dry inside and ended up in the dryer. In the sun I'm sure it wouldn't take that long at all though. The BBH nappy is completely made of either hemp or bamboo whilst the other nappies only have the inserts with this material. Try to buy seconds if you're just trying them out and it they're out of stock. I paid $33.50 for a bamboo BBH with a PUL cover and then got 2 more BBH hemp for $35 including postage which is pretty good.

Alright I am meant to be studying LOL. Will BBL.

strawberries - have no idea eiether - just remember it from mothers group....

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Girls...

still suffering, and still living like a hermit. I hate leaving the house!
    But I've hired a new girl at the salon, so I'll have to get my butt into gear and spend a few days at the salon training her up.

news from me:
    - salon goes on the market to sell today... hopefully we'll have a quick sale. Would solve all my problems if it sold!!
    - Got word from the bank. They will loan us nearly $600k... on the condition we sell our house first. The thought of that terrified me, but a number of people said it's better to do that then get bridging finance, which can be really expensive. Not sure what to do... as I would hate to sell my home, then be under pressure to buy quickly - or be left homeless with a baby on the way! Hate the idea of renting for 6 months then moving again. So many decisions.
    - got a real estate coming over tomorrow to value our home. Will be interesting. We bought for $245k, and I'm thinking we might get around $350k... (hope so!!).
    - sick every day. Hate it. But nothing I can do. Just when I think I'm having an okay day... I vomit in the evening. Medication isn't doing anything. And I've tried all the 'remedies' but nothing works. I've just got to suffer. Hopefully will finish in a few weeks when I get into 2nd trimester.
    - I'm booked in for c/s on the 26th November (monday) at 1pm. Isn't that a 'nice' time to have a baby!? It's one day before Shaun is 18 months old!! My luck is bubba will want to come out even earlier!
    - Shaun is close to walking... He stands and balances a lot now. And now that we are encouraging him, he takes 2-3 steps unaided. But he leans forward, so if we weren't there he would topple over head first. I am sure he will be walking/running by his birthday (27th may).
    - My MCHN said I should try shaun on eggs when I last visited - he was 10 months old then. But I've been too lazy to try. Maybe tonight I will make him some scrambled eggs. Might have some myself.... mmmmmm. He's had tasty cheese for about 2 months. Loves it. I give him a sandwich and he just pulls the cheese out and eats that. He's had some cows milk... but not too often. He mainly drinks out of his bottles, but he will drink from a sippy cup or avent sipper... although he prefers bottles. But he can drink from a straw if the cup is full. Unfortunately Yariv thinks it's cute to watch him drink COKE !!! I get annoyed with him for giving him coke, but it's not much, and Yariv won't stop.

Sorry this post is all about me, me, me. I am exhausted, and I just wanted to touch base & say hi to you all. Hope you are all going well.

have a great week,
    Jodie
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    Shazz good luck at the gym today! Man I hope you got a referral and Ryan gets some relief. PS did you get my birthday card?
    nope Kim i didn't hun when did you send it ? and thanks thats is so sweet of you

hmmmm ages ago.....

bugger bloody australia post

Ho hum, Darcy's last night with no number.....didn't mind nursing my 'baby' to sleep tonight...

it's sad isn't it in case i can't get on in the morning
    happy birthday Darcy
    and all the other may nine babes hope you have a wonderful day

Thanks Shazz.

OMG when did they all get so old! I can't believe its been a year since I was pg (prob my last pregnancy too sniff)
    I am exhausted atm which is why I haven't been on much, I read all your posts and then feel guilty about not replying to everyone so don't reply at all and then feel worse.
    DH is going through a weird phase where he is COOKING dinner every night!!! Tonight we had this absolutely gorgeous chicken pie he got from one of my cookbooks, last night Scotch eggs.
    BBL Riley is screaming the house down in his cot- will I ever get any time to myself.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast