Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #42

morning all
    well i'm going to have a busy 2 weeks ahead i have to be active in the next 2 weeks with tupperware or i lose my account no happy jan but so be it so i have to sell $500 each week just before christmas arrrrgh

where is every one i was so lonely today i kept checking but no one was about

Wow Shazz thats a lot of tupperware. At least you have record breaker week coming up. I spent $125 at my tupperware party last week.
    I have just come home from picking up my drunken 16 yr old from a party NOT HAPPY JAN! Her boyfriend called me (luckily I had my phone next to the bed in case of emergencies) and said that her friends were calling him t come and pick her up cause she couldn't stand up. He is in the city so couldn't get there but was worried about her so called me which I am very grateful for (he is sensible and such a nice guy) there was a dad at the front of the party and he knew who I meant when I described her so she must have been a bit of a mess although the whole party seemed filled with loud drunk teenagers and very loud music to me! I just took her home and told her I was very disappointed and to drink lots of water then go to bed. There was no point discussing anything tonight but I am open to tips on what to do. What do you guys think?? i am going to say no parties for a while but do i punish harder than that???? HELP!!! this is all so new and scary, why can't they stay babies!!

Oh dear Christine! I wish I could help. I know I did that once... my mum punished me by making me eat breakfast and all things yummy the next day when I was hungover. My mum and I were quite close, so it was just enough to know that I'd disappointed her. I can't remember ever really being grounded... but then I rarely went out. I was a very un-exciting teenager... hmmm I'm really not helping here am I?

Just got my new laptop so I thought I'd post quickly before going to sleep. Have to work ALL day tomorrow and Sunday which I am really dreading. I hate weekends like this! But putting up the Christmas tree tomorrow which should be fun. And next week is my first real week off uni YAY!

Can't wait to catch up with you all properly... I still haven't read the last thread all the way through!! Naughty me!!

Will talk soon. Have great weekends everyone!

Thanks Nat, I think for Jess disappointing me is a big thing cause we are close. I am not going to tell DH cause he over reacts to everything and doesn't let things go easily.
    Glad uni has finished for you Nat, have fun putting up your Christmas tree, we put ours up the 1st weekend in December, I dread to think what Riley will do to it LOL. When Jess and Erin were 1-3 I put the tree and the presents in a playpen so they couldn't get to them! I think I will have to do that with Riley as he is into everything ATM and he is a climber too which the girls weren't. He is very into light switches and power points lately which freaks me- boys are certainly different!!

Morning girls!!!

Thought i would jump on quickly while the girls are still asleep!

Christine - Oh to joys of motherhood hey!!! God i have that to look forward to twice over! Well i was a bit of a naughty teenager and did go to all the parties and got drunk. I never got that bad that my mum needed to be called though. If she had of been...well....i hate to think of what she would have said and done in front of everyone! I would've been grounded thats for sure! But then again...Jess is 16 is'nt she??? By that stage my mum was ok with letting me go to parties and stuff. In saying that, there was a line and knew not to cross it! (or let her find out i'd crossed it! ;-))

Nat - Good to hear from you hun! So have you finished all those assignments yet??? I was meant to go and sit the STAT exam the other day but i chickened out!! Partyly cause i looked at and attempted to do the sample questions and knew there was no way on earth i would pass the test. And partyly cause i was still coughing my guts up from being sick and did'nt want too sit in a quiet exam and start having a coughing fit! Shame....So i was naughty and did'nt go! Now i have to send a Dr's certificate to try and get my $95 back! I hope they will. Quite a bit of money that is! Have fun putting up the chissy tree! We are'nt putting ours up till the 1'st either. I heard its meant to be bad luck to put it up before the 1'st of December and we don't need anymore bad luck!! Plus we are having a real xmas tree this year! Brent and his mum put one in the pot the other day. Its a perfect size too!

Shazz - Oh gosh! You will be busy. I've never brought Tuppaware myself but its expensive is'nt it?!?!? Good luck! Sorry there was no-one here for you to talk to! I have been so busy lately. I do pop in and read everyone posts though. I've been trying to get all my Doula stuff organised lately. And even had someone contact me yesterday about my services!!! She was due in April though (3'rd lady i have due in April!!!) and would'nt be able to afford the costs of a doula! How is your studies going???

Tania - Must be that time of year hey...men turn into a**holes! Hope you have a great time down on the coast. Hopefully the car ride is'nt too painful!

Elissa - Ohhh poor Arch. I hope its nothing to serious and he is on the mend now.

Hi to everyone else!!! Hope you are all well....

Well this is going too sound really odd to some of you. Briley has been waking up at 11pm everynight and won't settle until about 2am. She goes down fine but wakes up at 11pm screaming and chucking a tantrim. It was like someone was waking her. So, there is where the odd part comes in. I had a weird feeling someone was waking her up...like a ghost or something. I have heard and been told that if you think someone ( a ghost) is harassing your family, you just say aloud for them to leave your house and leave your family alone. So lastnight, i did this in Briley and Colby's room. Well i am not sure wether it was cause i said something or just cause but Briley did'nt wake up once. She woke up at 6.00am thismorning. I wonder how we will go tonight??? So.....Do you's think i am werid now!!! LOL!

Briley is going in for her eye surgery on Tuesday. If they cancel i won't be impressed i can tell you! She is still struggling with constant colds though. I really think its because of her eye. I just want it to be all over and done with for her sake. Other than all that...she is going really well. Talking more and more. And is really beginning to understand little things. Its a real spin out!

Colby is going well. We had her weighed last week and she has'nt really put that much weight on. I expected her to be nearly 7kg's but she was only just over 6kgs. The MHN said that babies born big don't necessarily stay big. So that might be her. I will get her checked again soon and if she still is'nt putting on weight i might have to start giving her formula bottles in between breast feeds. She is already trying to roll around and crawl. She can spin herself completely around and i have found her up the opposite end of the cot than what i settled her up when i go into check on her during the night. When i first found her like it thought Brent must have moved her!!! But i lied her down on the lounge floor yesterday and she was moving around! I can't believe how strong she is! But yes she too is going really well.

As for me, yeah i am ok. I am really getting into my Doula-ing lately. As i said to Shazz i had another client due in April contact me yesterday. Today i am going to attend a Baby Wearing Workshop which is run by the company i will be working with, Townsville Birth Buddies. They are a lovley bunch of women. Obviously because i did'nt go to the STAT exam i wont be doing Midwifery next year but i am not too phased. I am quite happy to be a Doua for a few years and concertrate on the girls. At least until they are a bit older or in school themselves. But yes, i am doing ok. Minus the normal dramas i have with Brent.

Not much planned for the weekend. Got to go in to do some shopping after the workshop. Has everyone started their chrissy shopping??? Not me!!! Its going to be a tight one this year!

Well better go, Briley is awake now! Hope you are all well...

Take Care and have a great weekend!

Ciao!

Just popping in quickly

My dad is in hospital. He started his chemo treatment for his blood cancer thurs / fri and he now has fluid on the lungs and he can't breath without oxygen. Also looks like he has had a heart attack of some sort.

I am so scared.

BBL - back to the hosp.

oh leanne i hope he is ok and hugs to you too

sara - sorry to hear you and Brent are having issues, hope it doesn't cause you too much stress. Its great that youa nd your client are getting along so well, you must be so excited! I hope that it was a ghost who was waking briley and that it has gone now, i don't think you are strange and am open to anything, after all we never know whats on the other side til we get there, so theres no way to know if it is true or not. GL briley with the eye surgery, i hope they dont cancel again, you have been waiting so long for this! Sounds like Colby is gonna grow up very quickly, clever little vegemite! i have pretty much finished, but the only person we buy for is Archie, might get DH something, depends on finances, we are going away for xmas so we all agree in my family that we will spend our money on grog instead of buying each ohter pressies, everyone will give something to Arch though cause its so fun! I just got Arch a car garage, a matchbox ambulance car and a lift the flap book, i figure that is enough when you count all the little pressies he will get from my mum and sisters. Oh and we are getting a dog in a few weeks too. Do you have many people to buy for?

shazz - GL selling all that Tupperware! Hopefully everyone wants Tupperware for xmas, i did Tupperware for a few months but for the little money i earned it wasn't worth it for us.

christine - Did Jess have a hang over?? Maybe the hangover and the embarrasment felt the day after will be enough to make her think twice at the next party?? Hopefully she is a bit sensible.

nat - woohoo at the new laptop!

leanne - big hugs, my thoughts are with you and your dad x x

Went to the drs and Arch doesn't have any infections or anything but we discussed his reflux and the fact that is is getting worse as he gets older, so now we have to go up to Adelaide in Jan/Feb to see the peadiatric gastroenterologist and he'll have to have an endoscopy, i had a few tears when i heard that, for 18 months i have been crossing my fingers that he wont need any more tests or hospital visits. in the mean time we have to keep a lot f foods to a minimum and probably start on yet another medication to help him digest food quicker, bl@@dy kids! We ust put his other symptoms down to some other mild virus and he has been great since last night, however, while we were at the xmas pageant this morning he started soming out in big spots on his face arms and legs......thinking chicken pox....typical the week he was meant to have his needle! he is back to his normal self though which is a relief, hoping mum will still look after him tomight, DH and I really need a break with each other tonight! plan on going out for tea then a movie, can't wait.

Leanne- big hugs to you honey.

Ohh Leanne. My thoughts are with you, your dad and your family. I really hope he is ok and makes a full recovery. Hugs and kisses to you and yours.

Oh Leanne my thoughts are with you and your Dad!

Loving the new laptop!!! Will hopefully make it on early next week for a proper catch up. I am working all week and then have plans Monday. Whilst all the assignments are done everything that I neglected in the meantime now needs major work!!!!

Its G's birthday next week so have to get organized for that as well.

Will talk soon!

hi all i'm off to bed an then off to the doctors tomorrow i still can't walk properly my ankle is killing me and to top it off i have the worst infected toe on my other foot eeeeew so night hoping the pain killers kick in soon

afternoon all well couldn't get to see a doctor so tomorrow it will have to be wheere is everyone ?

twiddling my thumbs playing pipes again

still waiting for someone to come and play

shazz - hi, sorry you have had a boring day with no one to talk to, now i'll probably have a boring night with no one to talk to! Hope the pain killers hae kicked in

nat - hi, look forward to chatting soon

Mum had Archie last night which was great cause i wasn't feeling great yesterday really needed some time out. Jay and I went out to dinner and spent lots of money on delicious food and wine, had a lovely quiet night. Archie's spots disappeared over night so it must have just been a post viral rash thanks goodness! Going to be 40 degrees here the next few days, will be hell i this oven!

I can't believe how smart Archie is already. We were ready to go to the xmas parade but one of my shoes was missing and i was getting stressed out, Jay asked me what was wrong and i told him that i couldn't find my other shoe and pointed to which one it was. Archie immediately ran to the washing machine and started yelling "ere he is, ere he is, ere he is!" pointing to the washing wachine door. Sure enough i open up the washing machine and there is my shoe along with some toys, he remembered that he put it in there earlier in the day, how clever!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends

How cute of archie to go find your shoe aren't these little beings just fun i'm really enjoying ryan ATM even through the haze of complete sleep deprivation

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast