Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #42

I had a ball last night, the limo was good but he was meant to pick us up first then everyone else but we got picked up last (that didn't worry me too much) It was said when we booked that we would do a lap of the main street, then the driver refused to do it...I was a bit annoyed over that as we hadn't been in the limo that long....I got over it quick though. I only had 1 glass of Yellow and we were home by 10.45pm, I wanted to be home by 10pm (party pooper I am haha) so we didn't do too badly.

Sheree: I hope Lachie continues the 8am wake ups, Jayden slept in til 5.53am this morning haha lucky I didn't drink and get home late! MS sucks hey! Hope you feel better for tonight

Kim: Darcy's had this temp for a few days hasn't she? Has it been back to normal at all? I'd take her to the Dr's.

Shazz: Lucky you getting out of bed at 10.30am I haven't done that since well before Jayden was born. You obviously needed it though.

Elissa: Oh don't feel guilty at all! You are no good to Archie if your are too stressed, and he will learn how to soclialise with other kids his age, he will do activities that he doesn't do with you. Jayden has been in FDC since he was 5.5mths but its my SIL that does it so it was an easy transition for him, but he goes nuts when I say he's going to see the kids. I think every child needs to be in some sort of care (regardless if the mother works or not) at least 1 day a week for social contact. 1 one my relatives (distant somehow) sat in class with her son all the way through primary school...every day partly because he didn't want her to go (he'd cry if she left) and partly she couldn't leave him.....I don't have much to do with them at all but I think she tried to do it when he went to high school too! Jayden cries sometimes when I leave but I'm a mean mummy and just ignore him, I know he stops the second I'm out of sight. Its a tough decision, I know but everything will be ok....Sorry went on a bit LOL.

We got Jayden a swing set for xmas, can't wait to get it...He loves the slide especially, I've also got a heap of clothes for him and I put some toys on layby for him too. Today we are voting and furniture shopping again! I just want to buy a lounge a;ready, getting sick of looking....so is Jayden!

Darcy only started going 6 weeks ago Elissa. She's never ever cried even once when I left her. I stayed for a couple of hours with her a few days before she started. Then she did a half day on her own and then started the 3 days.
    They were surprised when i didn't ring a few times the first week, but I figure that's their job to look after her well. I expect them to ring me if there's a problem.

That's a big scungy of the driver....weren't you the customer? not him? I'd be complaining and getting a refund for part. Or at least airing the grievance.

Yucko on the MS Sheree

Elissa- please don't worry about Archie going to FDC, Riley has been going since 8 months and loves it. He has days where he cries a bit and clings to me when I am leaving but he stops before I am even out of the driveway. Its so good for their social development and its only a small group of kids in a family situation so not much different to being at home. You are doing the right thing for both of you.
    Sara- gosh Briley's op sounds tough on you, I sobbed when Jess had a general and she was 12 so your reaction was perfectly understandable. Hope she is feeling great now. The counselling sounds like a good idea, we have had some rough patches in our relationship but things have improved a lot recently so just hang in there!
    Kim- hope Darcy's temp goes down, maybe you should take her to get checked out. When do you come back to town????? Erin is very keen to catch up with Darcy.
    Tania_ how cool to go in a limo, I have never been in one, bummer it was a quick trip though. Glad you had a good night. He will love the swing set, we have one at my dad's and the kids love it. DH is building Erin a cubby house for Christmas and her birthday.
    Sheree- new car sounds great, glad the scans etc went well and you can relax a bit now. Who is minding the shop when you go away?
    Shazz- gosh you poor thing with Ryan's sleeping, hope it improves soon.
    Leanne- its the weekend!!!! I am joining you in the ranks of the full time workers next year so can celebrate each Friday with you LOL (although I will at least have holidays every 10 weeks and shorter hours)
    Jodie- glad you sold the salon and the renos are going OK. Hope you get some rest before bubs comes along!
    Riley is becoming a little monkey and climbing EVERYTHING atm. he even opens drawers and uses them as steps, if you open the dishwasher he immediately stands on the door! He also has some impressive tantrums which are driving me nuts!
    Our big news is that we are buying a house!!! I am terrified cause its sooooo much money and we will have to do lots of painting etc as its an old house but it has heaps of potential and we hope to increase the value of it.

Christine - Whahooo at buying a new house. Wade isn't coming with us, unfortunately our family time suffers owning a business. We are going to miss him, but he needs to be here and run the shop unfortunately.

Elissa - I think for me it is not being strong it is more the fact I have no choice. I would love to play with him all day long, but do believe daycare has been so good for him. He learns more their then I can ever teach him. We are def here for you honey. I must admit I get more upset at Lachlan getting upset these days then I did when he was younger as he actually knows why he is crying now. Wish I did hehe.

Tania - glad you had a good night honey, bugger about the limo drive.

Shazz - hope you have a good nights sleep 2nite.

Oooh congratulations Christine!!!

It's official - I hate mowing the lawn - Darcy just stood at the window and screamed her lungs out the whole time....

Temps down slightly, but there aren't any doctors here that I can see before 3 weeks. I'll be home then...

Christine home after 12th December until 30th.

shazz - that is the most wonderfully reassuring thing to say, thankyou so much for your support x

tania - bummer about the limo, what a grumpy driver not doing a mainy for you! glad you enjoyed yourself and you got to bed at a decent hour. thankyou so much for your encouragement with Day Care, you really have helped me to put it into perspective a bit more. Ooooo i am so jealous i can't wait til we can get a new lounge suit, we have a 2.5 seater that is very worn out, the poor thing has had some rough treatment over the last few years! Are you thinking leather or fabric? What colours do you like? Jayden is going to be SO excited xmas morning when he runs outside to see the swing set and slide!!! Archie would go mad if he got a slide he loves them too!

kim - thanks, gosh Darcy ws a brave girl! i hope Archie surprises me and doesn't get too upset, dont htink he will though but i guess ill never know if i dont give him the chance. i think ill feel better about it all once i have met the carer and discussed how to help him and me feel good about it. Oh od Kim, i have actually never mowed the lawn, figure if i do it once Dh will never do it again! it looks like a [email protected] job thats for sure, made all the more [email protected] with Darcy screaming the whole time im sure. im glad her temp hasn't risen any more.

christine - thanks for your support, i think you are right, it is what both he and i need atm. oh my goodness Riley sounds unstoppable, we hve been lucky so far Archie isn't that into climbing at all. how exciting (and daunting) about the new house, i would love to buy an older house full of charma nd character and reno it.

sheree - thanks sheree your support means so much to me, i agree he will learn so much more at Day care than he does with me, and he will so much enjoy the company of other kids. How is the morning sickness today?

We went to vote at the private school we have been thinking of enrolling Archie in, WOW what a lovely looking school! I guess i should think about talking with the Principal about enrolling him?? Not sure how early or late to do it, hes not goig to start school til 2012. They have a kindy too, might enquire about that also. Just sorted through all of the size 2 hand-me-downs Archie has been given, he has an incredible number of T-shirts, doubt he'll ever be able to we3ar them all! thats good i shouldn't have to spend any money on clothes for him til Winter i reckon.

We are going to a friends farewell tonight, they have 2 little dogs like th dog we are getting next Sat so it will be good for Archie to get used to them a bit.

Can you tell I'm a bit bored and lonley today....

Darcy (I forgot to mention before) slept in her own bed until 4am! I didn't have to get up once! Halleluyah.

hi everyone .... i am exhausted. Dad's still not well and they've had to put his cancer treatment 'on hold' cause his heart can't take the strain. life is the pits sometimes.

I have gone ' cold turkey' on my anti depressants and feel like I have hit rock bottom. My head keeps spinning and I can't stop crying. Perhaps I can't live without them

Off to bed. not too happy about the election result, but hey you get that.

hugs leanne here for you any time you need an ear

Can't believe Rudd won!

Hugs 2 u Leanne mwah

Oh Leanne.................

Cranky about the election too......

Me too Kim.
    Leanne- cold turkey is really bad, you'll feel sick too, you really need to wean yourself off gradually.I have tried it and i was an absolute mess.

I still can't believe Rudd won.

It really doesn't bother me either way and I guess we just have to live with it now (don't have a choice), but I couldn't help but shed a tear for Howard.

Kim: Probably not worth bothering about the ride was only $30 or 40 between 7 of us. Hows Darcy’s temps going? Yay for Darcy sleeping in her room!!

Christine: CONGRATULATIONS on buying a house! How exciting! Jayden is into the climbing thing too, he hasn’t worked out to open the drawers and use them as a ladder yet but he has a Ride on Zebra thing and he pushes that over to the kitchen bench to see on top…very cute but very naughty!

Elissa: Glad I could help, I was very apprehensive when I put Jayden in so I know how you feel…I felt guilty about going back to work and leaving him, but if I didn’t we wouldn’t have a nice house, he wouldn’t had lots of toys and clothes etc so it was for the best. We are thinking about a big corner lounge in the main lounge room and theatre chairs/recliners for the media room. I want a chocolate brown colour or maybe a bit lighter in like a suede material, we saw one yesterday that felt like mink…it was so soft and comfy…..and totally impractical for children haha. We didn’t get a lounge yesterday but we are getting a plasma instead…So we’ll have something to watch in the media room, just nothing to sit on while we are watching it haha . I asked my MIL about enrolling Jayden into school, but she said I wouldn’t need to until way closer to the time….bonus of a smaller town I guess .

Leanne: It doesn’t sound like the best time for you to be going cold turkey! Have you spoken to your Dr about it? I agree with Christine, cut down gradually and you will eventually be able to live without them.

Christine ~ Congrats hun how exciting

Jodie ~ i hope you have enjoyed today and relaxed as much as possible i am sending you a truck load of good wishes can't wait to hear the news

GL Jodie, can't wait to hear the news 2morrow. Enjoy your last night as three. Mwah.

Thinking of you Jodie, have a nice relaxing night.

Oh Jodie, really hope you are being pampered today (or that you are in labour already....:P)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast