Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #42

Oh Sara, you poor thing! Did you watch the surgery? Good to hear Briley is ok though, I have a pretty strong stomach but I don't think I could watch my child under like that! Cry as much as you need to, i think I would be a basket case for days!!

I hope your ok and Brent is looking after you!

oh sara i'm glad it is over for Briley and you sweet

does anyone know when sheree gets home i'm eagerly waiting to hear how her appts went

Sheree gets home tomorrow I think....Her and bub #2 are fine but thats all I know at this stage. She picked up te new car today and she was very excited!

Both boys are in bed.....I should get a very early night too!

Hi girls just ducking in quickly.

So much to catch up on. The car still needs to cleaned and I have a massive basket of ironing to do. Swimming lessons and gym tomorrow then mum over for dinner so another busy day. I am looking forward to Thursday when I have no plans. Have to go shopping for a birthday present for G though! I've left it late this year His birthday is on Monday!

Sara Glad to hear Briley's op went well. I would be just as upset as you though you poor thing :hugs:

Kim Glad to see you got home safe and that you had a good time! Em is definitely staying in his cot for now. I could try turning it into a bed... I just don't want him to grow up yet!!

YAY for Sheree's new car!

Ellissa That is so cute about Archie's talking. They are so sweet at this age - repeating stuff etc.

Leanne How scary for your Dad. You are both in my thoughts.

Christine Holy cow!!! That went a bit crazy. I can't believe the parents didn't do anything! Her boyfriend sounds nice and sensible at least. Hopefully it scared her out of doing anything like it again any time soon.

That is just my quick attempt at personals at this late hour. I am trying to get up earlier these days, eat better and go to the gym! Hopefully it will make me feel better then I have been lately. So sorry but I'm not going to do a massive catch up post and I'm just going to try and slip back in here like I was never gone

sara - oh what happened to make it so traumatising for you?? I am so glad its over for you now and that the surgery went well. When and if you feel like it i would really like you to tell me all about it, big hugs you poor thing.

tania - thanks for the Sheree update, was wondering how she was going. hope you had a good sleep

nat - good on you for doing something to help yourself feel better, much better than just whinging about how [email protected] you feel, i have been forcing myself to walk each day and go to bed early each night, its hard sometimes but is helping me feel so much better.

Had my appointment with the PND counsellor yesterday and it was fantastic (apart from the bucket loaeds of tears i shed!) i actualy had forgotten a lot of what happened over the last 2 years, but it all came out and i ws actually amazed at all the [email protected] that has been thrown at me, its a wonder im not a complete basket case!! Anyway the counsellor was perfect for me and she says that im doing everything i can possibly do to get better and she thinks i will go forward in leaps and bounds and be back to my happy relaxed self in no time. I am seeing her again next week.

Archie's cough that he has had for 6 weeks got worse last night coupled with a runny/blocked nose so not a great sleep for us, got some Eucky Bear Rub today which seems to help him feel better. He has been taking hours to go to sleep at night lately, so for the last 2 nights we have all gone to bed at 8:30 and he has gone straight to sleep....Not sure if its cause its dark then, cause he knows hes not missing out on anything, or cause he knows mum and dad are right next door in bed.

Jodie259 Guest

Just popping in very quickly to say "hi"....
    Not long to go now... 5 days!!!!!!!!

Yariv's mum arrived today. We left home at 5.30am - Aaaahhhh!!!!!!
    She was back home about an hour & a half and started cooking!!! Gotta love a Jewish mother. Yariv is going to put on soooo much weight - but he NEEDS to. He's like a stick insect. I might even learn how to cook a few things... maybe. I hate cooking.

Salon sale has finally gone through - and the money was paid today.... 3 weeks after we originally agreed to settle. Glad it's all over.

I've managed to get all my bookwork done, which was hanging over my head... and for the next few days I might attempt to "rest". My feet have swollen up like watermelons. But much better then with Shaun...as I was swollen up for about 5 months with him..

Well... I'm off to put my feet up.... maybe have a nanna nap.
    sorry no personals. Hope you are all well.
    Will try to pop on again before Monday. If not... I've got a couple of numbers - so SMS will go out on Monday with the details!

hugs to all.
    mwa
    xxxx

Nat: Hope you got all your things done today…Bring on Thursday!

Elissa: I attempted a good nights sleep, went to sleep about 10.30pm woke at 3.30am (who knows why) then alarm went off at 5.35am….I’ll try again tonight haha. That is great that the councilor is helping! I hope it doesn’t take too long to get back to your normal happy self. The late nights might be catching up on Archie…..Or he is just ready at that time now.

Jodie: Only 5 more days! How exciting…I bet your glad it over. Congrats on the Salon, must be a relief to have it finalized before the baby is born

I am back. Feels like I haven't chatted to you ladies in ages.

How are you all.

Sorry I haven't read all the posts.

I saw my gyno last Thursday and bubs heart rate was 135bpm (7 weeks 2 days), and he said all looked well, no bleeding around or in the sac, the discharge I had was unexplained but believes bubs is doing well. I am so pleased. I finally feel like I can breathe. He wants me to have another scan next week, just to keep my mind reassured, but everywhere is booked out.....

So the low heart rate he explained was not really low and he said anything over 100 he would have been happy with (bubs heart rate was 107 at 6 weeks 2 days). I guess I was more concerned because I have lost a twin at 109bpm and on the scan report it said the hr was slow.

Sometimes too much information can be damaging to your mind huh.

Thanks everyone for your support so far, and I must say I have really missed chatting after being away for the last 1.5 weeks.

Oh and yes we picked up our new car - OHHHHHH soooooo nice........

Haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet, lachlan has been playing up something fierce yesterday and today. We went to sizzler last night for tea and he squealed and screamed the whole time and today in the car OMG!!! Surely this is not the terrible 2's already.... I am not at all ready!!!!

Not sure when I will get to read back, so please fill me in on what I have missed.

welcome back Sheree glad everything is going along smoothly
    welcome back to nat and good on you for gyming it i'm have got so lazy
    big hi to everyone else
    i'l be back later to catch up properly

jodie - oh wow, i was only thinking of you today and wondering how long you had to go, you must be so excited!! I cant believe how busy you have been right up til the very end of your pregnancy, what a super woman! i can't wait to hear all the details and find out exactly who has been in there all this time. Gosh the sale of the salon was drawn that, you must be super relieved that it is finally out of your hands. Enjoy all that yummy food your lovely MIL is cooking up. GL for Monday!

Tania - hope you have a better sleep tonight! It is so frustrating being a mum when you just cant work out how to help them!! He has finally drifted off now at 7:00, after half hour of hysterical sleeping, his cold is pretty gross atm full on snot, NICE!

sheree - yay, great to finally hear from you, we missed you in here. Absolutely so fantastic tohear that bubs is doing great. woohoo on the new car. bummer about Lachlan's behaviour, i certainly dont have any advice, but i can tell you that i am at my wits end with Archie and am petrified of the terrible 2's if this is what he is like now! I have a question for you...Did Lachlan ever have an endoscopy for his reflux? Archie is having one early next year, just wondering if you have been through it yet?

Well i have had one of those days today, this afternoon was a total *****ter! I got so angry, frustrated and fed up with Archie for his constant whinging (i know hes got a yucky cold, but his whinging was really driving me mental!) so i chucked him in the car this afternoon and went to the playground, we had a ball at the playground so i put him in the stroller and went to a cafe for a bite to eat. he was sitting at the table next to me holding one of those sauce sachets that you squeeze out, i was drinking when all of the sudden i hear this explosion and get an eye FULL of tomato sauce!!! It stung like crazy i was trying to wipe it out with the napkins on the table, there was sauce all over my face, hair clothes, the wall, then i looked at Archies face and i just burst out laughing, i mean what a way to top off a [email protected] day LOL. So we walked back to the car, i get in and start backing out only to nearly run over the stroller......i had forgotten to put it in the car!!!!! I think i need to be locked up in a padded cell before i do some damage!

has anyone used the Fess nasal drops and aspirator?? i went to the chemist to stock up on things to help with Archies cold, i got Eucky bear Rub and Demazin and the girl also talked me into the nose stuff. Well we used it tonight before bed, what a bloody waste of time and money! No sooner had we cleared his nose than it was pouring out snot again, GGRRRRR, rip off!

i found out today that i get my dog next Saturday so i am extremely excited about that!

Just quickly Elissa, yes lachlan had an endoscopy at 5ish months old when all the feeding issues got really really bad. I saw the paed last week and it looks like we may need to have another one soon. She wants to trial weaning lachlan off Losec, but knows how difficult it is to know whether he is still affected by the reflux at his age due to teeth and their different behaviours now. As I explained to her, no illness/teething really affects Lachlan thru the day it is night we have always suffered and then how are you to know if it is reflux once we wean or not??? He has always been a hard child to try and work out. So I see her again in Jan once Losec is weaned and then we decide if we do the endoscopy again, as that will just confirm if we still suffer or not??? Is that where you are at?

Hi girls,

Well i am think i am ok enough to tell you all the details of Brileys surgery. Personals first though....

Sheree - Welcome back hun! Glad to hear that everything is aok with the pregnancy and bubs. So is it still the same EDD??? I hope so cause the 3'rd is my birthday!!! Car sounds lovely.

Jodie - Ooooo getting close now!! I am so excited for you. I logged onto MSN thismorning and noticed that your had'nt been online for ages and i was wondering maybe you'd already had the baby!!! Thanks for posting! I am so glad that Yariv's mum is here now. At least she will be able to help you out now and you can finally put your feet up and rest. Glad to sale of the salon has finally gone through. Another weight off your shoulders! I will be waiting eagerly for that special text from you!

Elissa - Its good to have a good cry is'nt it. I think part of the tears that came out yesterday was part of all the sh*t that i have been bottling up inside. But only a little part. I still have a few issues too work through between me and Brent and ofcourse just me. I have booked Brent and i into Relationships Australia for counselling. I realised that i don't want to leave him, i love him and our life and although we have our problems i really do want to be with him. Have you been to the Dr's about Archies cough??? Keep an eye on it hey. He could have a respratory infection. Glad to hear that he has been sleeping ok the last few nights though.

Tania - Nah i did'nt go in with her while she was being operated on. It was the before that which was hard for me. While they were putting her too sleep was the the worst. Brent was really good. I think he did'nt quite realise how bad it was until he saw me come out in the waiting room bawling. Later on lastnight when i got up the courage to talk about it more with him, i could see his eyes go really red and start to well up. He tries to act tough though. It was a quite an ordeal for us both.

Leanne - That is great news that your dad is off the oxygen. I hope he is feeling better. Scary about the heart attack though. I hope its only a once off.

Nat - Geez your one busy mumma lately are'nt you!! Oh BTW i got a call from UniSA yesterday. Apparently they are going to offer me a Special Entry which is where you do an assignment. Did you have to do this??? I was quite shocked to hear from them! How are you going with your studies?

Shazz - Congrats on your Cert III!!! How are your Doula studies going??? Have you started???? I have'nt started Module 2 yet. I passed the Module 1 exam with an 89% score. Was quite proud actually! LOL! Hope the ankle in on the mend!!

Hi to everyone else! Sorry if i missed any of you!

Ok, deep breath, here is what happened yesterday.

So i knew it was going to be bad seeing Briley in that way, i just never imagined it would be as bad, for me, as it was. We went in and were waiting to be called in and when we did Brent went in with her and i was quite upset cause i did'nt think they were coming back out again. He then brought her back out and i said that i wanted to go in with her. I was totally shi**in myself but knew i wanted to be there for her.

Briley and I went back into the patient waiting area and were finally called down to sit on a bed and be wheeled into theatre. I think everyone knew i was really scared cause people were giving me sympathetic looks and rubbing my arm and stuff. So anyways, we got in there and i was putting the mask(which smelt like bubblegum) over her face so that she would be a little more used to it when the time came to put her to sleep.

We were wheeled in the theatre and she was layed down on the bed and they gave her a pipe which i'd say had gas to make her a little drousy. This is where is goes bad. Briley was over playing with the pipe so they attached her mask to the pipe and had me hold it over her face. She started to get scared now and started to cry. One of the theatre nurses put a blanket right up across her chest to hold her down and i could'nt tell wether Briley was trying to move or not. I started to cry now but was talking to Briley and telling her it was all ok.

By now she was really upset and her face was really red. It was surreal because i could see that she was crying but i could barely hear it because the mask was muffling her cries. She kept looking at all of us like why are you doing this me. I was quite upset by now and then her cries turned to these wails. I really broke down now because she sounded like a wounded animal dying slowly. I kept leaning down and kissing her forehead and to try and cover my tears from the hosptial staff.

I looked up and her eyes were rolled back in her head but her eyelids were open. I began to sob and wail myself now. I kept trying to close her eyelid with my hands. I felt the nurses hand on mine and heard her so ohhhh cause she saw the Brileys eyes were opened. I will never forget the sounds that were coming from Briley.

The nurses were now saying she is asleep and trying to pull me away from her and take me out. I was bawling now and just crushed. As sick as this sounds, it was like i just watched my daughter dying slowly, and then when she fell asleep, she had died. It was the most abnormal thing i had ever seen.

I was then led back to Brent who saw straight away how upset i was and announced in front of everyone in the waiting room, was it that bad????. I asked him to get up and we left the waiting room where i fell onto him and sobbed into his chest. I was distraught. I literally felt as though i had just lost my girl. It was horrible.

I know it all sounds so dramatised but nothing prepares you for seeing your babies like that. Nothing.

Obviously she is fine now and the op had more of an effect on me than her. We came home at about lunch time yesterday and she slept most of the afternoon. After that she was completely back to her normal self.

So yeah that is the worst day of my life. Hope it was'nt too long!

Well i am upset again now so i might hit the hay i think. Mums group tomorrow!

Hope you are all well....

Night!

How annoying is that... I started a post and then IE just dropped out and I lost it grrrr. Oh well just start again lol!

Sara That sounds so horrible for you sweety! I can only imagine how upsetting it would have been. At least Briley seems to have come away from it well. That is fantastic news about having to submit an assignment!!!! I never had that so you're doing better then me straight away!! WTG I am cheering you on

Jodie It sounds as though you have some time to relax. So glad to hear that the salon has finally settled for you and your MIL has arrived. She sounds adorable - I wish I had one like her!

Sheree YAY again for the new car! Are you gonna load up some piccies? I am so so so glad that things are going well with the pregnancy. This one's a keeper... I've got a feeling!!!

Ellissa I hate spending money on medication and stuff for colds. I walked out once, $50 later Very expensive! I am glad the counsellor seems to be helping with the PND. I had to LOL at tomato sauce story though. That sounds like something Em would do to me lol.

Well so much for my quiet Thursday lol. I'm going to the gym, grocery shopping and birthday present shopping. I also have so much ironing to do its not funny. And my car is in desperate need of a clean. Not to mention the pile of stuff lined up my bedroom wall that needs sorting lol. But all in good time lol...

Em's last monday at childcare next week and then 2 weeks after that its his last Tuesday. It will be nice to have him home more often over the holidays. I am doing one summer school course so will use the one day he is in like that.

Gym went really well today. I am quite enthusiastic so we will have to see how long it lasts! One of the girls from uni is joining in a few weeks which is gonna be great. I am also meeting another friend there in the morning. Lots of friends to keep the motivation flowing lol... Having the creche there makes it easy and I think Em enjoys the hour playing with all of the other kids.

Alright I'm off to bed finally. Gotta love this new laptop! I'm already in bed lol

Sara - gosh you poor thing with what you went through with Briley's surgery. I feel for you, I remember when lachlan was put out to it for his endoscopy and he was so hysterical when he woke up, just horrible at 5mths of age. Glad she is doing ok.

Nat - oh you are a gym junkie now huh. Hehe, must make you feel better. I gather no use doing anything here until I have my family out of the way!

Oh Forgot to say Sara - my due date is now the 1st of July.

Also I am only home here till the 5th Dec and then off for the whole month and come home Boxing Day.

We go to Gin Gin/Bundaberg/Hervey Bay/Brisbane and then off to Mackay to Xmas.

I have so much to do b4 I go....... You can imagine the paperwork Wade left for me and I have to organise our staff xmas party!
    Last edited by Lea13; November 22nd, 2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Double Post

oh sara i;'m bawling here reading your post you poor thing it is not something i think any one could ever prepare you for hug to you and Briley
    ui haven't started my doula training yet i busy concentrating on this uni application and i'm super busy with the kids right now i'm thinking i will see how i go witht his TPP course and if the work load is ok to moderate i'll start in the new year i wish Usq let me in by doing an assignment that would be so good well done ..

Sorry Sheree, I got you message too, but couldn't get on to post as I was away too.

So glad everythnig is OK. Woohoo on the new car.

Sara, that sounded terrible. It obviously wasn't a kiddies hospital...really cranky when they handle things routinely badly but glad she's ok.

sheree - i dont actually know where we are at atm. i just went to the GP about something else and towards the end of the appointment i mentioned that his reflux seems to be getting worse as he gets older and i have tried several times to wean him off Losec and the reflux has been extremely awful, so the dr said to come back in Jan and he will referr us to the Paed Gastro for endoscopy etc, i dont know all the ins and outs, will find out more in Jan. i am really grateful that there is finaly a GP who believes me about Archie's reflux and is concerned enough that we need to push it further and see a specialist and have tests. i am scared of what we might find out but glad that something is being done to try and help him IYKWIM. Archie is always worse at night too, but he still has most of his days with silent reflux too so we are definately no where near ready to wean him off meds! i hope he doesn't have to be weaned before the endoscopy??? He will be in agony without Losec, now im a bit panicked! OMG at your busy next couple of months!

sara - good on you for organising some counselling for yourself and Brent, many others would just let things fester til they were beyond hep so its great that you are being proactive with this. yep have been to the Dr a few days ago, he just has the vrus that so many other toddlers have atm, his ears, chest and throat are all clear, just have to wait it out. Oh sara, thankyou so much for sharing your awful scarey experience with us, it must have been so yucky to see her that way. Had anyone prepared you beforehand by telling you how she might look and sound? It doeswn't sound like you had a clue what was going to happen that sucks, they should have prepared you for it. i thankyou so much for being so honest and telling me your experience as i will be doing the same thing with Archie in Feb next year, i am really scared about it but knowing what it is really like will help prepare i think, so thankyou again. it must have been so hard for you to try and stay calm and brave for Briley's sake but feeling so panicked inside, im ust glad its all finally over you, big hugs.

nat - im really glad you had a laugh at my [email protected] dayLOL, when he did it i was thinking everyone's gonna get a good laugh out of this story! Its great that you are motivated about going to the gym, it must help to have a friend to go with, good on you! Gosh, if i had a Laptop inbed with me i'd never sleep!

kim - what o you mean about Sara's hospital 'obviously not being a kiddies hospital"? Do you reckon a kiddies hospital would have made the whole experience less stressful? i just ask cause the hospital Archie is going to is a kiddies hospital thats all. Hi, how are you BTW!!

have had a great morning at a friends house, Archie is sleeping away, aaaahhhhhh silence!

Yeah well Elissa, I can honestly say that I feel Lachlan's reflux is all behavioural now as far as the eating goes and that was our main problem other then the screaming after feeds. But I do think to a certain degree he has a pain barrier now that he can quite comfortably accept. I am a bit the same about my back, you just get use to it, so it would be interesting to see if Lachlan's oesphagus is still red and raw, but if I can help it I won't be putting him down that path again. It was horrible when they were young and sure it would still be at their age now. So hopefully we can wean him and all is good!!! Crossing fingers really tightly here!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast