Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #42

Missed your post Sara - so sorry you have to go back to work so soon. Hope everything works out for your guys.

sara - it really sucks to hear that you realy are finding it hard finacnially, we sunk WAY down financially a year ago so i clearly remember how totally stressful, frustrating and exhausting it is, i am wishing you the best and hoping the Gods throw lots of money your way soon! GL job hunting, its great that you have family arond to help care for the girls. Sounds as if the dr's are very confident that Brileys eye will be okay, thats great! Big hugs, hope things start getting easier for you very soon

sheree - thanks for being happy for me i really appreciate your friendship x

i had an appointment with the counsellor today which went realy well, she was so pleased with how positive i seem, she also referred me to take Archie to a dietician which is so great, i have wanted to take him for about 6 months now but i just thought it would be a long wait and cost lots of money, no one ever told me there were dieticians readily availabloe for free, makes me so agry that GPs and MCHNs dont tell mums with refluxers about services like this GGGRRRR! So i am crossing my fingers that with the help of a dietician Archie's reflux will improve quite a bit, hopefully so much that he doesn't need to have the endo!(probably wishful thinking though)

We put Archie down for his afternoon nap, but could hear him for 2 hours just happily chatting away which was really strange, so i went to check on him and peered into his room to see bits of ripped up foam EVERYWHERE!!! In his hands, in his hair, all over his cot, all over the floor!! His cot matress was made out of foam and he has destroyed it, got it on video camera really was so cute! So jay and i discussed the fact that Archie has wrecked his cot matress and he knows how to collapse one end of his cot so it seemed like he needed to go to the big bed. So we went down to Forty Winks and bought a bed and matress, it will be delivered tomorrow, in the mean time he is sleeping on a single foam matress on the floor. He refused to have a day sleep, so took him to visit my mum, on the way home he fell asleep....so i put him to bed but its only 5pm! Gosh i get the feeling that tonight (and the next few weeks/months) and gonna be hard work. Cant think of a way to keep him in his bed other than close the door, but that really freaks him out. I could buy a safety gate for the bedroom door, but i have no doubt he would just climb straight over it. Will just have to be extremely consistent putting him back to bed constantly til he eventually gives up and stays in there, i think its gonna take a long time!

kim - how is Darcy going in her new big bed??

GL with the bed Elissa, what a little monster you have there. Great news on your appt too? What do u think a dietician can do for reflux? Does archie still vomit? We are down to 1ml of losec this week and then next week none - geez I hope this works!!! He has slept thru 2 nites in a row now...... But woke at 6am this morning, but went back to bed at 8am for 1.5 hours and then 2 hours this arvo. He wants to wake up early but he can't handle early mornings, just like his mother.

I had a midwife appt today and she was happy with where we are at and said I look really - that I have alot of colour in me this time as last time I looked lifeless. Which really I was sick with the flu for 5 weeks when pregnant last time and fighting bladder infections, so I felt like crap and my iron levels were down. This time I am not sick and my iron levels are good. She said obviously last time my body was telling me something was wrong and this time it is def right!

Oh no Sara! I know it isn't what you want

Elissa, we have our moments - most of them aren't great and I am back to exhausted, but I think she understood last night that I was 'tired and cranky' mummy and stayed there until this morning. I don't speak, i'm not emotive, I just pick her back up, kiss her forehead, put her back in and tell her I'll see her in the morning - over and over. She'll get it eventually, and like you I don't eally want to be cranky mummy, so I'm trying to chose to not be - seems to be working at the moment for me - but I'm tired - you know how it is.
    I'm so glad oyur appointment went well. Amazing the services that are out there isn't it. I guess if everybody knew about them though, they'd be over used IYKWIM.

So glad your appointment went well too Sheree. You do sound much more positive this go, I have to say.

Not really much for me. We had a ripper of a storm last night - hail and all. It never even rains out here let alone hail. Darcy's not great with big noises and there was lots of that. The rain/wind hail was so hard and sideways that hail got into the laundry under the seal of the rubber....I'm trying to stay up for Greys anatomy but it's on so late....and my kidneys are hurting again.....I'm sick of feeling like crap - Leanne I get it now.....

Speaking of you Leanne, hope there is some sunshine in your world at the moment

kim

Looks like our house purchase has fallen through, waiting for full details from mortgage broker but he said its not too promising. DH has the poos and has drunk 1/3 bottle of bourbon, slammed stuff around and stomped off to bed. Its probably my fault everything usually is with him, feel very sad and hopeless like why do i bother getting excited about anything cause it always just turns to sh#t. Sorry to whinge- i want my mum.

Elissa: Great to hear things are picking up! You know we are always here for you. Sounds like Archie is ready for a bed…How quickly they are growing up huh? I want to order Jayden’s bed but I don’t think we will be too successful. We are going to get a gate for his room overnight, but never thought of him climbing over….hopefully he doesn’t figure it out hehe.

Shazz: for you

Sara: GL with Fair Trading, hope you get some money back from Beaurepairs. for you too having to go back to work so soon, but its for the good of the girls ……you do it to give them a good life. Least you have lots of family around to look after them (like us)

Sheree: Great about your check up! That is a lot for your body to fight off as well as trying to grow a baby….Your obviously a lot healthy now.

Kim: I’m choosing not to be a cranky mother too…..not always easy! Did you get any damage from the storm? Poor Darcy not liking the noises, I take it she didn’t sleep through it then? I hope you’re feeling better soon!

Christine: Oh that is terrible! Its not your fault obviously….It will work out, maybe not that house but if you don’t get this one there will be a better one around the corner….I know exactly how you feel, we went through all of that not long ago and I got the house I thought I’d never get! Big hugs for you too!

I had today off work to get Jayden’s needles…..He cried while I held him to get the needle but stopped within a few mins had a bottle and lunch then fell asleep on the way home, I thought he’d get a temp or something but so far so good. He is weighing in at 12.64kgs !! and 80cms tall. I’m going to see the MCHN tomorrow as they are more accurate with their weight and measurements and they know more than Dr’s haha.

Gosh Kim - hope you feel better soon. Yeah feeling much better after discharging brown and red and 3 scans. Def put my mind at ease now. Getting very close to 12 weeks now too!

Christine - oh sorry honey. Was it your finance that fell through? Big hugs to you.

Tania - wow Jayden is a big boy now. To think our boys were so similar in size when they were newborns. Lachlan is only weighing in at 9.3kgs, still a very very small boy.

I drank the rest of my pasito when I came back from a shower tonight and there was a fly in it! Ewww..... I had already drunk some b4 the fly came out and then when I felt it in my mouth I spat it out. Made me dry reach. I hate Fly's. Eww...... Feeling sick still every arvo/night! I can't wait for mornings these days.

Hi gals, Aunt Flo came this afternoon, and strangely enough my mood picked up.
    I think my fish oil tablets and my trying to be positive is working. Well for this afternoon anyway.
    I sewed a dress for Katy last night and finished it off tonight. I am so proud of myself. Its red with strawberries and little white and yellow flowers on it, and then a white cotton lace on the bottom. I just need to make the matching 3/4 length shorts (katys a bit rude with dresses.... they're usually up around her ears. need to keep her modest for a little while longer LOL), and that's her outfit ready for chrissy.... I'm not usually into the clothes sewing, more of a quilter, but I think I might get into it....

Nite.

Big :hugs: to all.

Mwah.

sheree - yes i do have a little monster at times! i believe a dietician will certainly help Archie's reflux, he still has the occasion very small spew, usually its silent reflux though. The Gp advised me of a few groups of foods and drink to minimise in his diet, i have been doing that for a week or so now and the reflux has improved immensely, though its hard to tell whether its the diet change or whether we are just going through a good couple of weeks, time will tell i guess, i have been able to get him down from 15mg of Losec a day to 10mg, without any troubles. i think a dietician will help educate me on foods that are common to upset refluxers and foods that are harder to digest etc. Fantastic to hear about your positive appointemnt with the midwife, it really does sound like this pregnancy is so great compared to the last one in so many ways, her comments must have made you feel like a million bucks! EEEEEEWW at the fly, as if you need extra reasons to feel like chucking! hope the m/s doesn't last much longer, how long did it last with Lachlan?

leanne - its great that you are feeling more positive today! Well done on Katy's dress, you clever girl, i need to get into craft again i miss it, im not good at it though, sounds like you have the knack.

Well Arhcie is asleep in bed finally. Took 2 hours of him constantly coming straight out of the bedroom and me putting him straight back in.....then i gave up and shut the bedroom door, he screamed so i went in and settled him then shut the door again and he screamed then went into bed and fell asleep....round 1 to mum! i hate shutting him in there but it seems like the only way with him he is just SO persistant and head strong (and gorgeous!) Jay will be home from work in about 45 mins, he is grabbing a caramel sundae from maccas for me on the way home, think i have earned it!

kim - it is SO hard not to be a cranky mummy when our little monsters refuse to sleep in their beds! Sounds like you are doing well, i too tried the no emotion picking him up and putting him in bed , kiss, say ni nis and leave the room, nothing works for Archie except shutting the door tight so he can't escape, doing that stresses me to the max but it always settles him down to sleep, he is much tougher than his mum thats for sure! Sounds like a ripper of a storm you had up there. big hugs for you Kim, i often think of you, wondering how you stay sane alone with the Dragon, you are a wonderful mum!

christine - hugs for you, dont be sorry for whinging, thats what we are hear for to support each other when times get tough, Lord knows i have done much more than my fair share of whinging lately! im sorry the house seems to have fallen through that really sucks, im sure your DH knows its not your fault, men are just strange creatures who dont know how to deal with their anger and frustration very well. i hope things start looking up in your world

tania - yep it is so scarey that he is in a bed already, i never wnatd him to move out of the cot, but i think the universe is trying to tell us something! After 2 hours of screaming and constantly putting him back in bed i just shut his door (i hate doing it) and he went straight to sleep little b#gger! Its great to hear that his needle didn't seem to affect him much, Arch is getting his in the morning hope it goes as smoothly!

Leanne - that dress sounds gorgeous. Well done.

Elissa - Lachlan was on 30mg of Losec, and we are down to 10mg this week! He slept through again last night. We have had so many sleeping issues, but it is so hard to know if it is reflux/teeth/a stage...... As you said you are on a good run, and I feel exactly the same, so hard to work out whether it is just a good patch or not. Let me know what foods you come across I would be interested in knowing what they are. I suffered ms with Lachlan till 13 weeks, but it wasn't too bad, I still worked, but with this one I couldn't imagine it at all!!! But in saying that, people have it alot worse then me too.

I feel sick this morning and I don't normally. Just when Lachlan is going to daycare and I have a million and one things I wanted to achieve grrrr.....

morning girls i got sent home sick today feeling like utter $hit off to bed for me

Hope you feel better soon Shazz. *hugs*

New thread time girls

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678