Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #44

Quick post, just back from emergency- Riley has a broken wrist! He fell about 5.30pm yesterday on the driveway and was unsettled but I gave him panadol and eventually he calmed down but was still favouring it, he had a bad night and woke up whingy so we decided I should take him to casualty. They were quite quick which was good, we were there 3 hours all up. he has a buckle fracture of the radius and ulna and has a bck slab on until the swelling gos down and then he will get a full plaster. He has had nurofen which is working better than panadol and is in good spirits.

Hello hello, back at home now girlies and it's about a thousand degrees - nothing like freezing cold Sydney that's for sure.

Darcy's fine Leanne, thanks for asking, it's me who's got it now. So sorry to hear your are unwell too. I got most stuff into the car. Not all but most. I am so sorry Darcy was such a nasty the other day. I was so embarrassed.

Nat Darcy's in a bed by her own choosing. But she's still addicted to the dummies and I couldn't give a hoot how long she want's to keep them for. I still get up 1-4 times a night too, but hey, like Elissa said, not many 'big kids' do it. It will pass eventually.

We didn't go the way of the kids bed becasue we figured at the rate she's growing (is 86cm tall now) she wouldn't be in it long and it was an extra expense we could do without.

I totally agree Elissa about them not being babies anymore. As my singing, dancing, handbag carrying big girl marched up the driveway today with her hotpants on and hair up, my mum said, "Where has your baby gone?"
    It makes my heart melt when she expertly wraps up her babies and gives them a kiss and a shh shh before putting them in the pram.

Anyways, rambling. Got lots of stuff to put away now....

ETA OMG Christine!!! That's awful!!! Hope he's OK. Is he coping with the backslab?

poor little mite..... hope all is okay. mwah. :hugs:

He has hit me in the head twice LOL He also thinks its great to whack his toys with but I fear the novely will wear off pretty soon!
    Glad you got back OK Kim, sorry i missed you in Sydney (Erin is very annoyed with me she wanted to see Darcy)
    Thanks Leanne, hope you are feeling better too

Hi girls

OMG Christine!! He sounds like he is handling it all so well though! Good on him!

Kim - You sound so chirpy! Great to hear hun! We have an 19month who thinks she is 21 aswell! Esp thismorning when she was walking around going "Pi$$ off, Pi$$ off!!!" LOL! They are just too cute are'nt they.

Well Briley has been a rat bag today. Its definately cyclone season at my house! She threw a remote control a Colbys head thismorning and Colby has a bruise and bump there now!

Hope you are all well....

Christine ~ OMG poor little boy and poor mum hope it heals really quickly
    Sara ~ i'm good thanks for asking chrissy was great we had a really quiet one we drove 2 hours on christmas eve to go and get fresh prawns from the gold coast i got so sun burnt i'm still sick with head aches and being dehydrated i got blisters and all but that will teach me to not just put sunscreen on the kids other then that i'm just trying to keep busying waiting to hear if i got a fee free spot at uni and that is about it
    Kim ~ glad you got home alright
    hi every one else

Shazz- OWWWWW!! get some spray from the chemist, I can't remember the name but its in a bottle and it has an anaesthetic in it and its great for sunburn.
    Sara- poor Colby, 2nd children are tougher though(cause they have to be LOL)
    Riley is having a nap, (god bless nurofen !!) so is DH. Erin is driving me nuts anyone want an 8 year old???? She seems to want 24 hr entertainment atm, I may not survive another month at home with her!

OMG poor Riley, but as someone said, he really is handling it well! Our boys are so tuff hey.

Poor Colby too, bound to happen though, ohhh what I have to look 4ward too!

Most days I am better with the nausea but still get slight bouts of it, but noway near as bad as it was. But OMG can I sleep these days. I have atleast 2 hours from 12pm and then am in bed by 9pm. I have never slept so much, it is crazy! Can't achieve much with all this sleeping. So glad Lachlan sleeps for two hours through the day. He has never slept this well during the day, makes a change from my 15min kid all those months ago now.

Someone asked if I was finding out the sex. I am still undecided, but I think I am more for it then not. Thing is I guess, we have to make a decision if we find out, do we tell people or not, and if not, can we keep a secret or not.... I think the reason why we are thinking keeping a secret is because Wade's mum isn't real keen to know, and I know if we tell everyone else it is surely going to leak to her eventually. Has become a hard decision all because of one person. I think I would really like to know though. Living along way from the shops, I need to be organised for a girl, otherwise if it is a boy then I am all organised. Mmmmm..... decisions decision!

Glad you got home Kim and hope you feel better soon. Lachlan has a fascination with baby dolls atm and prams and bangles, so I am encouraging him, hoping it will help for when bubs comes along. Funny thing is, when we were away I was nursing a baby when I was away and he pointed and touched ever so delicately and said bayyybeee. I was so proud of him. I have nursed toddlers b4 and he just wanted me to pick him up too, so that is a good sign - for the moment anyway, their phases change by the minute atm I think!

Wow you have been chatty in here!

Thanks for the dummy advice! I really had the same ideas and had no plans of taking it off him just yet. Then I began to wonder if it was something that I 'should' be doing now IYKWIM.

I think I will run with the big boys bedroom idea when Em turns 2. Unless I think he's ready before that of course. I am really excited about doing his big boy room. I have been researching lots of Thomas stuff. I am not sure if Thomas will date quickly though. And I was thinking that I should do a cars/trucks/trains theme instead??? So many decisions lol. Thomas would be easy as there is so much merchandise and he does adore it. My brother had a Thomas room for years as well!!!

Leanne Buggar about losing your post and having gastro! That sucks! I find that Em can be the same with his last poo for the day. It can be frustrating sometimes. New Years Eve we are going to a friends place for a pool party. Its going to be lovely as its meant to be 43 here There will be lots of kids there too which makes it so much easier and nicer! Your street party sounds lovely!

Christine OMG poor Riley! It does sound like he's coping quite well though. How long does his plaster have to be on for?

Kim Oh she sounds so sweet with her baby and pram. Em is the same - so adorable!! They have grown ever so much... it breaks my heart! Wow Darcy is tall hey? Em is still such a short arse lol! He's only 82 cms and his cousins who are younger are taller then him lol.

Sara Eeeek at that essay. It sounds like it would be hard. Good luck with it though. I haven't heard from Vic in ages and I believe she's no longer a member here at BB. I haven't been able to get in contact with her at all.

Ellissa Eeek at the messy playdough! I want to get some out for Em but haven't been game yet!

Sheree Ohhhhh find out the sex, find out the sex!!! I wanna know! PMSL! I am praying for a girl for you!!! I have to say that you should make your decision based soley on whether you and Wade want to find out. Good luck with making your decision. Glad to hear the MS has settled down as well.

Well Em is still up and it is so so hot here. I have a headache and I'm tired from going to the gym and working today. I want a shower and bed lol. Go to sleep little man!! I have wife swap on and it looks like its gonna be a good one! Not that I watch it all the time or anything

i think you'll have a girl sheree
    well that is a shame about Vic i hope she pops in occassionally also mummyforlife (i can't remember her first name ) and baby pheobe(sp) anyone heard from her and Bec and Jovie angela, allison & kellie
    Last edited by ~shazz~; December 29th, 2007 at 08:52 PM.

Bmr about Vic.

Well I think I am over holidays, dare I say it.

When we are both working we both pitch in with the house work, but now I am on hols, well it seems now it is my job. Does anyone else think that is unfair or am I being a little selfish. I guess I should say something to DH, but I don't want to cause waves.

Perhaps I need to organise a few days out and about, but there's really no cash for that. Just thinking out loud here.

Kaitlyn's routine is way out of whack. She won't go to sleep until nearly 11 these past few nights, and becuase I don't have to work the next day I am the one to settle her. Which is fine, but I am tired too. I've tried giving up her day sleep cause she is sleeping in until about 8:30 am, but she is way too feral if she does not have a least an hours' sleep during the day. grr what to do. I don't particularly want to wake her at the usual 6am just to keep the routine of her going to bed at 11 am and then 8.30 pm going. Any suggestions?

What did I miss about Vic????

Not much Sheree, someone asked after her and Nat said she wasn't a member anymore. That's all.

Dunno Leanne. Darcy's day sleeps are sometimes 2.5hours now - which was unheard of for her in the past. I wouldn't cut out the sleep though as the hyper excited they get when they are tired makes it harder at night, but that's just my opinion IYKWIM? I found the same with the housework when I was on Mat leave - even though I was struggling with my new tasks. I wish I had the answer for you hun

Can someone remind Santa next year that I would like toys that already come assembled please? I have put otgether in the last 2 days, a kitchen, a supermarket, a bed and a highchair.....arrrghhh! I am so not good at puzzles with asian instructions!!! lol.

Well Katy's gone down now. She really had no choice. I have 7 people coming for dinner tonight and I need to seriously get some things organised without my little shadow / helper following me around. :O) We just emptied the dishwasher and she likes to put her bowls , plates away in the cupboard herself, and it took nearly 25 minutes! So cute though, so grown up.

leanne - LOL at the playdoh in Katy's ear! Glad to hear that you are feeling better today, you poor thing having to clean up the poo. Archie doesn't have trouble with pooing at night time, but often he wont go to sleep during the day for hours if he hasn't had his poo. Your NYE sounds fantastic

christine - oh poor Riley! he must have really feel on it hard to break it! How long will he be in plaster for?

kim - gosh Darcy sounds like such a little character, wish i could have seen her in her hot pants and hair do.

sara - poor Colby, sisterly love!

sheree - i reckon just find out if you want to, my Daf was upset when we told him what the sex was cause he wanted a surprise, but bugger him, he had four surprises of his own! Glad to hear the ms is settling down and you are getting lots of zzzzz's

nat - i love a good b!tchy wife swap episode nothing beats it!

gotta go Arch is up...

my terror of a child just pulled one of the transfers off her new chair. She got a table and two chair set from my parents for Christmas, and already she is pulling the flower transfers off. I am so angry at her. I can't believe it. It's only been how many days......5. grrrr needless to say she is now sitting in her room, reading a book.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

HELLO.....

I'm still here, I see a mention of myself and Phoebe in Shazz's post. I'm still very much a member but just don't seem to have chance to post in here. I just don't want to rant about what little miss is up to and not seem to care about you girls and your bubba's. I pop in every once and awhile to read up on what everyone has been up to.

I promise, promise, promise I will be back for a full update and post....

Karen XXX

Karen great to hear from you........ Phoebe and Samuel have grown up so much!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast