Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #44

Default Babies Born May 2006 #44

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

wooohoooo i'm first for once

hope everyone is just off being busy and having a great time ho hum ......

Hi Girls!

Just thought i would pop in and say we are all ok here. I've been so busy with everything lately.

Had a Meet the Doula session with Birth Buddies on Saturday! I am officially a Birth Buddy now!! YAY!!!! I even got my own t-shirt. I kept looking at it yesterday is such proudness. I am very honoured to wear it!

I also have my first "observation" birth in January. The Client is due on the 19 of Jan. I will be following one of the qualified Doula's with the client to get the gist of how things work. We have an antenatal app on Thursday night. Its all so exciting.

The girls are well. Colby is rolling around the lounge room now! She started rolling and rolling properly on the weekend. Oh why do they have to grow up so quick! She is becoming such an independent.

Briley is good. Brent looked after her today while i went for a days work. They went out too my mums place and Brent filled up this big makeshift pool thingy and Briley swam for over 3 hours. She had a ball they reckon!

I have turned into an Ebay Queen!!! I have brought 5 books in the last week. Its amazing how much money i have saved though. Had i have brought them new they would'nt cost over $150 all up. I have paid probably $45! So i am happy and well on my way to starting my Library!

Anyhow, i am so tired. Had a late night last night and a big day. I took Colby to work with me today and gosh it was hard! I basically held her for the 5 hours we were there for. She was spewin all over me from being held so much the poor bubba. Thank god for the Wrap!!!

Ok, hope you are all well.....

Nighty night ladies!

Talk Soon!

MMMMMWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

wow sara congrats at becoming a birth buddy you sound so busy take care of your self

Jodie259 Guest

Sorry I've not been posting...
    I'm sure you can imagine.... new baby, Mother in Law...

Shelli is going great. She sleeps for hours & hours... but then feeds for 2-3 hours! But I'm enjoying the sleeps, so I'm not complaining about the feeding.
    I'm breastfeeding... but I have to top up most times with formula. Not sure if she's a little piggy - or I've not got enough breast milk to satisfy her. She loves the booby... but she just latches on and goes to sleep... that's why it takes so long to feed

Shaun has been adorable. Shelli is the only one who gets kisses. We get the "blow with the hand kiss"... but Shelli gets the open-mouthed kiss.. on her lips! He adores her. He just touches her head, or watches her in amazement with a huge smile on his face... He will be one protective big brother.

Been trying to get the MIL out of the house this week. Poor thing. She's been here 3 weeks - and all she does is cook and watch TV (which she probably can't understand). We're trying to get Israeli satellite hooked up next week - although we'll have to sign up to it for a year! We've written up a calendar of events for the next few weeks too. A couple of days ago we went to Eureka Tower which is an observation deck - 88 floors up. pretty impressive views of Melbourne!
    Today we went to the zoo. We were half way around, and they announced it was closing in 15 minutes! It was 5pm and we'ld been there for 4 hours! At least she saw a kangaroo... and a few other animals.

I'll try to get online a bit more often... but Ithink I'll be flat out over the next few weeks with MIL & Xmas & NY & babies

hope you are all well... hugs to everyone.

xXxXxXxX

you sound awfully busy to jodie maybe shelli is using booby time as her dummy ( comfort sucking ) glad your still going strong though well done
    Last edited by ~shazz~; December 17th, 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Sorry i haven't been around much I have been flat out. I worked full time the last 3 weeks and had things at night most of last week. School finishes on Friday but I am only working til Wednesday thank goodness. Have heaps more shopping to do I am so disorganised!
    Today is Erin's 8th birthday- where did those years go???????

I am going to cry!! I just did a big long post and something happened and I lost the lot! I'll try again but I'll make it quick!

Thanks Nat! Bet you can't wait til after xmas and new years, so you can relax a bit!

Congratulations Sara becomming a Birth Buddy! Jayden's lips went purple yesterday in the pool but he wasn't in there for 3hrs haha I'd hate to think how purple he'd go after that long.

Jodie: Great to see you have a sleeper! I love Melb zoo but yeah you need to spend a full day there! We'll be going for sure next time we're in Melb.

Christine: I bet you're looking forward to the break too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!! I have 1 more xmas present to get, I forgot my friends youngest baby....I got their daughter something but cause i haven't seen them in a while, I forgot they had another baby haha.

We told the family on Saturday night that we are expecting again, I made a tshirt for Jayden that said "I'm going to be a....." on the front then on the back I put the Big Brother eyes and "Big Brother" underneath. No one got it at first, they thought I meant Jayden was going to be on big brother or something, some took longer than others to understand and then everyone was screaming (esp my SIL's) and all excited! I am so glad everyone knows now.....I just have to tell work and thats it now, everyone else can find out when they get a xmas card from us haha

Well I better get ready for work.....YAY last week! Jayden is still asleep, and so he should be, I was up patting his back at 2am then up again 2.30am giving him a bottle...not sure what got into him last night but why can't he do that on a weekend?? haha

sara - how exciting that your first birth is only weeks away! i can't believe Colby is rolling around already, clever little chook. Sounds like Briley is a water baby like Arch, he is too confident though

jodie - great to hear that Shaun loves Shelli so much already! You can spend all day at the zoo without even realising it and there is still stuff you miss out on. Hope Shelli gets faster at feeding, it becomes tedious when they take hours at a time!

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!

tania - waht a great idea using a t-shirt on Jayden to tell everyone, i bet they were all over the moon! Hope Jayden is more settled tonight for you.

Had a look in Archie's mouth this morning and his first eye tooth is almost through the gum, that would explain the tantrums and attitude today! Just got the new washing machine delivered, hope its quieter than the front loader. Only 6 sleeps til we go away fro xmas, YAY, we are absolutely hanging out to get away. Our new housing trust neighbours are completely feral (just our luck!) the adults are constantly screaming profanities at the kid and he just swears on back at them, NICE, i just hope Archie doesn't start copying. We are gonna try our hardest to do up the house and sell it this year, even if it means we rent for a while we are desperate to get out of feralsville! We dont have to do much just paint, tidy the garden, new curtains and carpet and lino. Should be able to do it all fairly cheap.

So quiet!!!

oohh Poor Archie with those eye teeth, I saw Jayden's just under the gums about a week ago but they seem to have gone down....I too believe its the cause of Jayden's behaviour lately (but then we all blame teething hey). HOw is the new washing machine? What lovely neighbours! I hope you sell the house quick haha.

Jayden went to bed with no dinner last night! He woke up from his nap just after 12pm, when I picked him up he was ok but a bit whingy, we got home and all he wanted to do was watch Babe Pig in the city but cried when Chris left him in there. Chris and i had dinner, Jayden wouldn't eat. I went in to watch the movie with him and he snuggled into me. When the movie finished he was asking for his bot bot so I made him a bottle and put him to bed. His eyes were rolling in the back of his head while I was changing his nappy....he was so tired!

Well I'm going to iron my uniform before Jayden gets up. Have a great day

Hello everyone!

Wow a new washing machine!!! Those neighbours sound rough.

Katy did the same last night Tania. She ended up going to be with no food or drink. IU said to her, tough chicken, if you don't eat now you bomb out.
    She still slept the whole night, but was really thirsty when she got up this morning. Went straight for the fridge.

Hi everyone else.

I'm off to get some lunch. Only 2 1/2 days left of work.... Yee Ha!

Hello all, this is a flying visit....just letting you all know I am thinking about you.

After I got home from the conference last week, i had a surprise visitor - Cameron. Mum's been keeping a secret for weeks. As you can imagine we had a busy weekend. Sadly though it has made us think about us and wondering if I want to keep going.

Elissa, your neighbours sound like my clientelle. New washing machine's always nice though.

Jodie, glad to hear Shelli's feeding well. Hang in there, you're doing a great job.

TANIA!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Good secret keeping on your front!

Nat, hope you're having a bit of a rest hun.

Hope you've all got your chrissie shopping under control.

Kim, are you OK??? That comment about wondering if you want to keep on made me worry about you? Do you mean with Cam or in Griffith?? Are you still in Sydney ATM?? Are you coming to Castle Hill on Thursday?

tania - sounds like Jayden and Archie are behaving very similarly atm, i am blaming it on teeth (i am also really scared about the next 2 years of toddlerhood!)

kim - i am also worried about you, did you mean, Cam, Griffith, work, another baby????? Hope you are feeling okay, big hugs.

I am right at the end of my tether tonight! Another day of grumpy whingey teething here. Unfortunately i am making myself feel better by eating chocolate barvarian...i really do need to address this binge eating.

Pay day tomorrow so off to the shops to get all the xmas food, what a headache! We reckon we will go away on Saturday and come back on the 27th, looking forward to the break and catching up with family, but i know its gonna be exhausting too

No no don't worry about me!! but thanks. I mean with Cam. I love my job and I love the way there's no tension and fights on my own...that's all....

What's on Thursday at Castle Hill???

Hi girls!

Nope no chrissy shopping even started here. We are broke as broke can be! Sale for our mangoes fell through so we are resorting to road side selling! Hopefully that will bring in a bit of cash.

Kim - Good to hear from you. Hope you and Darcy are well.

Tania - How are you feeling hun???? Any M/S??? I am soo envious! I am happy to get my fix from seeing other mums pregnancies and births though!

Christine - Happy Birthday to Erin!

Elissa - We are having an ok patch with Briley's teething. Touch wood! Hope Archie is'nt in too much pain!

Jodie - Glad to hear that all is well with you and your lovely family!

Shazz - I am looking after myself hun! Thanks for caring mate!

Hi to everyone else! Sorry for lack of personals. Hope you are all well.

Had a call from one of the Birth Buddy girls today. Apparently our client who i am attending with might go early. Things are starting to happen for her! I hope she goes early. I was worried i was going to be on holidays when she went into labour!! I am soooo excited!

Birth Buddies will have a website up and running soon so you call have a squizzy once its done. I will let you all know when!

Ok i tired. Off to bed.

Hope you are all well....

Take Care!

kim - okay. I hope you are okay kim

sara - oh no about the mangoes, hope you sell lots by the roadside! great that your birth buddy looks to be going early woohoo. i guess the positive outlook to having a very cheap xmas is that the girls are so little they wont notice that anything is missing. I hope Santa finds a way to give you guys a fun loving xmas day x x

I just wrapped up the xmas presents, i reckon i've only spent $150 all up on pressies including the 4 kris kringle ones! Arch only has 2 pressies so might go and pick up a couple more things for him tomorrow. We saw a Wiggles quilt cover set in Target today which he chucked a tantrum over cause i wouldn't let him keep it, i might go and get that its half price atm, he is mad on Wiggles, maybe ill get some socks and pjs or something, if he sees the Wiggles logo on ANYTHING he goes nuts!

Kim, Playland at Castle Hill with some of the other BB ladies. Trish is bringing her new bub. The details are in NSW chat but I can give you the address etc if you need it.
    Elissa- poor you with the teething, Riley has been whingy and clingy lately but only cause I have been working full time and going out heaps at night so not seeing him much. I will be glad when the holidays start so I can collapse LOL
    Sara- how exciting with your birth buddies, hope it goes well for you.
    Shazz- are your kids on holidays yet?
    Leanne- yay for nearly holidays!!
    I had better go, I have a staff breakfast at 7.15am followed by party day which includes a sausage sizzle for 360 entirely organised by me which is a tad stressful to say the least!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast