Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #44

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

We had a really good night at a close friends pool party. Em swam like a fish and was still in the pool at 1 am with all the other kids. They also had a slide which he just adored going down. He was so brave! I was so proud because all of our swimming lessons have paid off. Two other boys there who were older then Em just splashed about in their parents arms while Em was swimming about by himself (with his floaties). Was a lovely night, we got home at 2 and slept in till 1 this afternoon I didn?t drink but I started feeling sick last night and haven?t felt good all day. Have stayed home in the cool though and it hasn?t been too bad.

Mummy4Life Its good to see you back and hear that things have gone well. Your two little cherubs have certainly grown up!! Pmsl at downloading a life!!! I need to know where as well!

Sara Good to hear from you. I?ve got no advice for dropping night bottles. Em only has one now just before bed and even that I think he?s going to drop soon. I can completely see where you are coming from. I would expect Brent to stay home with his family TBH. I can?t believe you bought in the new year alone! I wish I had some advice for you but this is foreign territory for me being single and all!

Leanne I am so glad to hear you had a fantastic NYE. I think you really deserved to unwind and have some fun! YAY for finishing the quilt! And buggar about having to put TTC #2 off! Darn finances!

Kim LOL @ you putting so much stuff together. I think Santa should put it together as well! How are you finding it on your own? Your life sounds so much like mine lol!

Christine awwww look at his little arm. He looks so gorgeous the poor little thing!

Shazz OMG at the 6.5 hour trip. No wonder you were tired! I can?t believe it is rainy and cold where you are. Its 40 degrees here!!!

Ellissa OMG @ Archie doing wees in the potty! That is fan-bloody-tastic!! What an achievement! I haven?t even begun to think of TT at all yet!! How daunting!!!

Sheree Oh I bought one of Em those things as well. He is not as fascinated as Lachlan sounds though! And OMG I bought him one of those Elmos too! He just adores it and loves taking Elmo in the shower and washing him lol! Very cute! I swear our boys are on the same wavelength. Em has been doing that whining Muuuuuuuum and its driving me nuts!

Well I suppose I better get to bed. Or set up Em's train set. Or transfer numbers into my new phone lol!

Hey are any of you girls on Facebook???

Christine: OMG poor Riley! How is he going? Chris is over-protective with Jayden & won't let him run incase he falls over & hurts himself, I told him what happened to Riley and he said "see thats why I don't let Jayden run, see what happens". Can't wrap them in cotton wool! I hope he gets better soon!

Karen: Great to see you back! Samuel & Phoebe are just beautiful & look so grown up!

Sara: Brent should have known better! I would have been fuming! Chris wanted to go out I think, but he didn't even ask....Still wasn't an exciting NY's though. I hope Briley starts sleeping in her bed again soon....I hate having Jayden in our bed, he takes up too much room and he moves too much haha.

Sheree: 11pm! WOW Jayden struggled to stay up til 9.30pm. Jayden has been doing the muuuummmeeeee thing for the past week now, or its de-deeee, dee-deeee (dummy), its driving me insane but I just keep thinking, he'll grow out of it haha. Jayden is another one who is right into the drawing atm, he saw his crayons after his sleep yesterday but I didn't want him drawing again just yet and boy did he throw a tantrum!

Elissa: Jayden's got a cold too, explains his mood for the past week. I hope Archie feels better soon! Well done Archie with the potty! Jayden will sit on it before his bath but just gets straight back up again. How brave of you to go out with him with no nappy!

Leanne: Sounds like you had a great night! And no hang over either!! I think I might join you next year . I can't believe Kaitlyn made it til 12am, did she have a late sleep during the day? Jayden gets so tired and whingy, I didn't even try to keep him up. Things might change during the year and you can start TTC sooner...if not I'm sure the year will fly by like 2007 did.

Shazz: Yay only 29 sleeps now.....the time will fly by!

Kim: Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing NY's. We watched Melb & Syd's fireworks, Syd's was definately better. You've had a very productive start to the NY with all that cleaning & organising....We didn't do much as its been raining the past few days.

Nat: Sounds like you had a great night too! I can't believe Em stayed up too! Although if there was a pool involved Jayden probably would have stayed awake....Not hot enough here ATM & its too wet for the pool. Hope you're feeling better now!

Chris is still on holidays and I am back at work today, so I said if Jayden wakes up during the night he can get up top him (fair??). Before I went to bed I said all the bottles are in the dishwasher so you'll have to make a bottle if he wakes, also there is his left over bottle in the fridge for the dogs in the morning......4am he got up to Jayden, heated up a bottle etc, comes back to bed and asked what the bottle was in the fridge, I told him it was for the dogs (it had been heated up when Jayden went to bed then topped up with water for the dogs and put in a section of the fridge that I NEVER put Jayden's bottles).....He goes "Jayden's drinking it now" I told him he'll have to deal with the nappies while I'm at work and he needs to learn to listen better. I'm sure Jayden will be fine but ewww!

We have SIL#6 staying with us ATM as she is having probs with her B/F, even though he is on holidays in Melb ATM, she didn't want to be alone.....Not sure how long she is staying, I don't mind, she put us up for 2mths when we didn't have a house. The only thing is she keeps talking about the same thing over and over and I keep telling her the same thing.

Well I better get ready for work.....I don't want to go back!

Nat - I am on FB.

Tan. Katy only had an hour sleep during the day on NYE,a nd suprisingly she was not grumpy. She made up for lost sleep yesterday, slept four hours in the after noon, and then went to bed relatively early at 830. Bmr you have to go back to work. I dont wanna go back either. I love being at home. Why can't some of these rich people come and pay our mortgages ... or at least half...? Nice dream huh!

Well today I am taking mum and my grandmother out shopping. Four generations in one little mazda 3. Should be a good day.

BBL.

Have a great day ladies.

HELLO TO EVERYONE!

Leanne that sounds like a wonderful day.

Shazz I forgot to say that I have my fingers crossed for you getting into uni.

Tania How is your gorgeous new house going? Its hard when people are having relationship problems and the solution is as clear as day to you but as clear as mud to them!!

Em just cried when I changed the channel from Humphrey lol. So guess what we're watching! He is so hyper and happy this morning. Its very cute to watch. He is also super chatty - I just wish I could understand half of what he's saying lol

I am still not feeling very well at all. I have just taken some tablets and hopefully it makes me feel better. Feeling nauseaus and having cramps in this heat isn't the best. I won't be making it to the gym this morning either which is a bummer. I might go later on tonight if I feel better and my step-dad can watch Em for me. I am meant to be meeting friends for coffee. I am not sure if I'm going though as I feel unwell and its also right at Em's nap time.

Okay now he's crying everytime Humphrey ISN'T on the screen lol...

Tania- the thing was he wasn't running!! he took 2 wobbly steps as our driveway is quite steep and just had a little fall. He has had far worse falls, this surprised us cause it didn't seem like much!

First thing lachlan does this morning is run to the back door as he knows the blackboard is out on the deck. He says draw draw draw with an imaginery crayon in his hand and waving it up and down! Also keeps running to the bathroom and knocking on the door, Mo Mo Mo - (for elmo). He just wants his god dam bath Elmo.

Couldn't get him to sleep last night, he stayed up with us watching a movie until 10pm.

Holy crap I just ventured out into the Buddy section and people have been talking up a storm! Heaps of threads to close and open lol!

Christine Its amazing how the little stuff can be scarier then the big stuff you think would hurt more! Hmmm did that make sense...?

Sheree That Elmo is the only way I can get Em in the shower when he doesn't want to go. We got ours free when we bought the FP Deluxe Potty lol.

We have that potty too, but we didn't get ours with it.

sheree - Arch has started smaking too and i never smack him so i dunno what the go is there, if he is having attitude he will growl and smack his hads together, we dont do that either so who knows where he is learning it from, i tell you what though, there are times when i am VERY tempted to smack! he is right into the drawing huh?! Hope he goes to slep okay tonight

leanne - i doubt that katy would be able to pick it up that quick it would probably ust end up really stressful for you both cause you have a time limit IYKWIM. Is she showing any signs of being ready eg, telling you after or before that she has/is weeing? asking you to change her dirty nappies as soon as she has soiled them? I personally didn't want to start TT until next Summer but Archie really likes using the potty and not having to wear a nappy all the time so i don't have much choice atm.

nat - wow what a great little swimmer, and staying up til 1am! Good to hear you enjoyed your night. thanks for being excited for our Potty training, it is great when he 'gets it' but its very much one good day 3 bad ones so it is a bit stressful i find, however he hates the nappies so i think im just gonna have to stick this potty training thing out til he eventually masters it! LOL at Em getting upset about Humphrey, hope you start feeling better soon.

tania - eeew at jayden's bottle! Atleast he isn't a little baby his body will probably handle it pretty well i reckon, silly Chris! I hate sharing my house for more than a few days, i hope you cope alright with you SIL there especially as she semms to need a bit of attention atm.

So far no wees in potty today, just when he was due for a big wee this morning mum came over and wanted to take him shopping so he had to wear a nappy, bummer! I wonder if i should get pull-ups for him, am thinking that he would think it ws just a nappy though and not want to use the potty anyway....

Anxiety is pretty full on again after the stress and exhaustion of our xmas away, can't go to the supermarket without panicking so am just getting stuff from the local IGA for a while gggrrrrrr

So sorry the anxiety is back atm. Just take a deep breathe honey, I have been somewhat anxious of late too. Seriously I never want to go away again. I have to work so hard to catch up on paperwork, I am so lucky however my parents came out on the weekend. More hands make light work. Atleast mum could do the normal day to day stuff for me around the house and I just got stuck into the paperwork. Lets just say wade left a right mess with the paperwork for me, sometimes you wonder why they even attempt it as it would have been better if he just left it. I reackon I had more work to do in the end!!! Don't worry too much about the potty training, slowly does it at their age I reackon!

I am having alot of problems telling anyone we are pregnant.

I think for us it was moving to a small town one year ago and not knowing anyone on that level, makes it hard to say anything and no-one is game to say anything unless I am just getting fat!!!

I told people when we fell but they are people that I feel confident telling, now I am at that safe stage I don't think I have told anyone.

I even struggled telling my nana and aunt and uncle on xmas day. What is with that! I just don't know how you just come out and say it hehe. Its like all the excitement is gone or maybe I still just don't believe it truely??????

I think also it was more the fact that my mum told me she thought my dad told my nana and aunt and I guess I spent the whole day wondering if they knew and they also spent the whole day wondering if they should say anything......

How akward. Am I weird ???

Even went to a New Years Eve Party and it just didn't come up. The girls place we went too is one of our staff and she knows and said Omg your belly is popping out isn't it? I said to Wade as we were walking home, now everyone will be talking amongst themselves saying "is she", "isn't she".

sheree - thanks so much for your understanding and kind supportive words x. Sounds like the paper work was quite a headache! Yeah, you're right about the TT, plenty of time yet, i am always trying to rush him to grow up, i just dont want to confuse him about you know, like 1 day tell him to use the potty the next day tell him he has to wear nappies. Oh, i always have to stress over something don't i?! how is the pregnancy going?

we just posted at the same time. you know i always felt weird about telling people too, we did it ver the phone though so i felt that it was actually easier that way (we lived a long way away from everyone). Sounds like there will be quite a few rumours in you little town about your pregnancy he he he. Your right, you probably won't let yourself actually believe that you finally are pregnant again, it will be all too believable in a few months time though!
    Last edited by widdly; January 2nd, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Don't put so much pressure on yourself honey. I know this all too well. That is my only advice for you. For myself I just can't afford to worry and stress about everything anymore. I let lachlan guide me alot these days, I finally realise I am not superwomen and it is only going to get worse with another, so time to practice my chill out remedy now me reackons.

Yeah pregnancy is fine now, just over the m/s, not quite as tired, but still have my moments, feeling a few kicks, but now I have felt a few I keep hanging out for them. But all in all, really well, and hope it continues that way. Just want July to be here already though....

Yeah I just feel so weird I can't just blurt it to the world as I did with lachlan.

And yes I really think the rumours would be fierce around here atm. No-one as seen me for a month and all of a sudden I have this belly forming. Thing is I always had a chubba belly, maybe that is why I feel weird too, but my chubba belly really is getting big atm.

Back from shopping and totally stuffed. My 85 year old granny really knows how to shop!!

Might go for a nanna nap! he he he

Elissa, thinking of you with your anxiety. I have suffered from social anxiety for years. I know you will get through this bout no worries.... PM me if you ever need to talk.

Sheree. How exciting that you have felt a few kicks. I loved that.

Leanne - hehe you were out shopped by a Granny hehe SORRY! Wish I hadn't felt bubs so early, cause it makes you really hang out for them....

Sheree Feeling kicks??! That is super exciting news!!! I can understand how you feel with regards to not knowing how to bring it up. Perhaps a put a big banner up in the store pmsl

Ellissa Ahhhh sweety you poor thing. Anxiety sucks. Just when you think you've got a hold on it and you're doing really well, it comes back and bites you in the butt. I think you're doing an awesome job. And lol @ swapping one stress for another! It occured to me after my last lot of uni holidays that's exactly what I do. One minute I was stressing about uni assignments and the next about ironing!!! I'm still learning now to give myself a break!

Leanne Sounds like you had a wonderful day like I knew you would. I am jealous you had 4 generations out shopping!

We had a lovely afternoon out for lunch with friends. Em has so much fun playing with the kids there which makes it even more worthwhile. I was going to the gym but after feeling sick this morning I was too tired to go. I will be there tomorrow morning and might do a weights and cardio session in one A friend had her baby today - a little boy Oliver Ronald John. I am off visiting tomorrow and can't wait! Other then that not much is happening. Em is loving the fact I set up his train station again though if I hear 'muuuuuum raaaiin stuuuck' one more time...

Oh and time for a new thread lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678