Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

Yay on being an Auntie leanne and what a great name.

Tania - I wasn't suggesting you do. SORRY! I just meant funnily enuf we haven't even had a slip of the tongue - YET!

sheree - im wishing all the best with the procedure you have to have, hope everything is good with Lachlan's appointment too. You must be exhausted with all this travelling!

leanne - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting, Katy has a little cousin, is this your first nephew? You must be hanging out to meet him! Cute name to, there was a Lachlan sharing a room with me and Arch when he was born and he was SO cute.

tania - LOL at Jayden's first swear, and what a first swear to have! Billy Connolly tells this story of when his son was a toddler and started saying Fu#$ all the time, they couldn't convince him not to say it, so Billy would carry a fork around in his pocket whenever they went out and everytime his son said Fu$%, he would pull out the fork and say 'here it is!"

Archie has been horrible this morning, im sure its his teeth, he had a runny nappy last night and has been holding his jaw and ears and crying, Panadol seems to help though. Gosh it is heating up here! Its only gonna be two hot days though so its not so bad.

Good luck Sheree

Congratulations Leanne and family! She did very well then!

lol Tania, that's going to happen here real soon I think. I've kinda been waiting for it from this kids who's gorwn up with policemen.

That's a neat fork story ELissa. Darcy's not great today either. We went to play with my neighbours grandkids this morning but all she wanted to do was sit on my knee. She had a temp of 37.8 again and it isn't even over 30 today so I gave her some panadol and she fell asleep on my shoulder while I was on the phone - about 2 hours earlier than normal....dunno

Anyone want a 20 month old - going cheap....

She is driving me insane today.Won't eat, won't drink, won't sleep. And every time I try to entertain her she throws whatever it is across the room. I have even been hit in the face a few times today.

Needless to say, she's in bed. Screaming and crying, but in bed.

This is my first nephew from my side of the family. My Dh's sister has four (3 pink and one blue) , and his brother has one blue.

I feel like a REAL aunty now cause it is my brother's son. Does that make sense.

Quilting is finished, now just need to put the binding on and all that handstitching (blah)

Better go tend to my *** princess ***

Hello everyone.

Leanne- only if you'll take mine LOL We have the same tantrums here- throwing things and shrieking, let me tell you a cast hitting you in the face HURTS!!!He is also shocking at going to bed at night too. I am over the holidays!

I am so over it. How bad a mother am I wishing to be back at work?

I can't entertain her enough today. grr. DH home soon, and then I am a handing her over!!!

Sorry ladies iif I have been whinging a bit today.....

Oh ****e, she;s in the bin.
    gotta go

Well lachlan was a good boy today, for nice change, for our trip to Emerald and back.

You are right Elissa, I am sick of all this travelling.

My sisters are actually going to be in Mackay the week after us, and my sister asked if we would stay! I just want to goooooo home, am really sick of being away from home and getting so behind with everything. Don't think they are really impressed, but tuff!

4got to say has anyone else already got their immunisation payment from centrelink. I got a notification in the mail today that the Family Assistance Office have deposited $232.70 into our bank account. So pleased I didn't have to chase this up and it was all automatically. Isn't that gr8. Good work Family Assistance Office.

Sorry I keep 4getting to mention things.

Lachlan has been shocking to go to sleep in the last few nights, I think he is just playing us, or should I say playing his daddy. Wade just gives into him and says ok come out for a little while!!!! Grrr.... Last night I said no, just ignore him and close the door as we would normally (but he doesn't normally put on a fuss). He cried for a bit and he settled eventually. Its just what we have to do and Wade just does not get it! I too hate hearing him cry, but we wanted to go to bed too, so he has to go to bed when we say!

Sheree- Riley has been the same, I think he is out of routine cause we are on holidays but he is shrieking every night for ages before he will settle. DH keeps letting him come into bed with us which is making it harder. I don't remember the girls doing this at this age.
    Sent Riley and Erin to dad's for tea and DH and I went to the club for a quick play on the pokies and dinner. We were only gone about 1 1/2 hours but it made me feel so much better.
    Jess got home tonight from QLD, she has been gone since boxing day so we have missed her, she has cleaned up th kitchen already (gotta love that LOL)

That is so nice you got to go out for dinner. Good for you guys. And super on the kitchen being cleaned, what a good girl.

kim - i hope Darcy is feeling better today

leanne - oh you poor thing, 20 month olds can be SO awful at times can't they, sorry im not interested in buying another 20 month old no matter how cheap, one per household is more than enough i reckon! Imagine if we had twins, oh the horror!! being your first blood nephew must be SO exciting! I haven't got any neices or nephews yet, probably wont for a few tears yet but im so looking forward to it (i likethe thought of me being able to sit back and relax while THEY are running around stressing about babies he he he, how very evil of me) Will be great to be able to cuddle them then give them back. Being at work would be heaven atm

christine - sounds as if all our toddlers have turned evil, but gee, that plaster cast must be nasty mid tantrum!

sheree - great to hear that Lachlan was good for the trip. Yep we got ours a couple of weeks ago, very well done by Family Assistance. Archie stayed up til we went to bed last night, tried to put him to bed earlier but he refused to go to sleep think it was pretty hot in his room though. Good on you for getting tuff and not letting Wade give in.

We went and checked out some open houses this morning while mum watched Archie for an hour. Few nice ones but too expensive for us on 1 wage, oh well, boohoo. Jay had a go at me this morning, apparently everytime my mum and i get together we pick on him, that is so pathetic, he ahs bought this up before and i thought about it and admitted that it had happened in the past and i was sorry, but today, WTF, he can go and get stu##ed! i was changing a nappy and Jay complained about the smell so mum told him to goand change it somewhere else then, lightheartedly, then i made comment that he rarely changes nappies (100% true!) but i didn't say it in a b!tcy way at all. Then he suggested that we should give my cousin $100 for her wedding and both mum and i said no way $50 will do, casue in our family thats what we give, well apparently that was picking on him. F him, i say. I just told him not to be so defensive and take things so personally. Anyway thats my rant for the day, can't wait for the cool change to hit us, getting a bit sweaty here

Leanne don't feel bad, I bet she's ready to go back to school too. I always find it hard to entertain Darcy on the weekends, cos she's had 2 days rest with me already and then is ready for some more action IYKWIM?

All that travel is awful Sheree.

I have a sick bubba. She slept well for over 12 hours last night and only woke at 7.40 thismorning. She had a bottle and then snuggled into me - and went back to sleep for another hour. Finally at 9 she gets up but she won't eat or drink much (about 3 grapes, 1 kiwi and a chunk of watermelon all day). We went to the supermarket and she fell asleep on the way home at midday. So I tried to give her some more lunch (had to wake her to get some panadol into her with her 38+ temp) and she went to sleep about 12.45. She woke up 20minutes ago, about 1.30 and agreed to a bottle of milk - and now she's asleep again....

Gosh Elissa I thought it was us women that need a thicker skin.

Ohhh poor Darcy, hope she is feeling better soon Kim. Atleast she is sleeping to get better, my boy sleeps no better when he is sick, never has, prob why it takes him so long to get over it.

no Darcy really has never before either, that's why I'm a bit worried today.....

Ohh I thought she did. My apologies. I guess alls you can do is keep a close eye on her, but worrying huh. Is there an afterhours doctor there?

only at the hossy and I'm not doing that unless it's an emergency. She didn't wake unp until well after 3, and then just laid in the same position for over an hour. I took her some food to see if that helped. Normally as soon as I leave the room she's up after me. After the our I went in and she was still laying there but at least eating a bit of toast. She only got up 20ish minutes ago from that.

least her temp's gone down i think.

Gosh you girls have been talking up a storm!!

Well we leave for the Gold Coast on monday for a week so i thought i'd better come in and post before i go.

Leanne - Congratualtions to you and your family on the new addition! I can't wait until i have a little boy! I am already clucky again! Its not going to happen anytime soon though! Got too many other things to concerntrate on at the moment. Sorry to hear Katie has been a handful. Briley has her moments! Glad you finally finished your quilt! You should email some pics around to us all!

Sheree - I felt the same way at first when i fell pregnant with Colby aswell. I think for me it was more that i thought ppl would critise me for having another baby so soon. I think i was scared to tell my mum the most which is terrible! You should'nt feel like that though. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Its a beautiful time in a womans life. Hold your head high hun and enjoy it! Another road trip! You'd be sick of driving would'nt you??? Nope have'nt recieved Immunisation Allowance yet but have been hassaling them as we need the cash big time for our holiday! Enjoy your trip and drive safe hun!

Nat - Em is speaking really well hey! Briley is aswell. She can string 2 sometimes 3words together at times. The newest is "Make a bottle!" at 12.30am everynight! When are you going back to uni??? I finally sent my essay off the other day for the Special Entry. Not sure when i will find out exactly but i think its this coming week sometime. Apparently if they like the essay i go onto a phone conference with the Dean. I am kinda up in the air about it all at the moment! I do hope i get in though! BTW - Do i have you as a friend on Facebook???? Can't remember!

Elissa - Oh i sorry to hear that your attacks have been coming back. Have you been keeping up the walking???? I know its hot at the moment though. I normally don't leave the house until about 5.30ish every afternoon. This is my favourite time of the day. Its always nice and cool and breezy. Keep your chin up hun. Hopefully it will pass again soon. Thats good that Archie is peeing in the potty. Briley still thinks its a game! I leave her nappy off quite and bit and tell her to use the potty but she never does. Today she came in with her nuggets inside one of my shoes going "poo, poo"! Man it stunk! Ewwwww! LOL!

Tania - How are you going hun??? How's the pregnancy going??? How many weeks now??? Glad to hear that the house is going well. The worse thing about havin dogs, they always wreck the nice lawn don't they! Mine have bloody holes everywhere. We will chase them out of one and put something over it and they will go and lay in another one!!! What do you do!

Karen - Good to hear from you. Phoebe sounds as though she is going really well. Its so cute hearing they talk is'nt it. We are learning so many of Briley's new word now. Somtimes it takes a while to understand what she is trying to say but once you understand you finally realise what she has been saying all along! I am on Facebook too. I prefer Bebo though.

Christine - Aww poor Riley. He must have just fallen the wrong way huh. How is he now????

Shazz - Where are you???? You've been quite the last few days! Hope everything is ok....

Sorry if i missed anyone.

Well that has taken me all day too do. I will BBL to fill you in on us....not much to report though!

BBL!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast