Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Oooh Nat, not good. Maybe put something noisy next to the bed so it wakes you up when you hop out....just a suggestion. Domayne is a big furniture franchise like Harvey Norman.

Thank goodness Jodie! I had my first glass of wine in a vERY long time last night and in all the excitement (even tohugh I was watching) thought I had missed your segment - especially when it didn't get another mention. In regards to the awning thing - ring the police! That's a fail to stop prang and he should get a few tickets!!! It's not Budget's responsibiltiy to sort it out. Good to hear the needles went ok.
    Sorry to hear about Mel Vic - more teeth??

Morning Everyone,

Beck: Great to hear work is going good so far, least if there is lots to do the, time will go quick. I hope Jovi settles down for Scott, sounds like she missing her mummy!! She will get used to it in no time no doubt.

Nat: Grocery shopping or not its all good, as long as I'm spending money, I'm happy LOL. I thought the price between Snugglers n Huggies would have been more than that. Outside time sounds good.....We are either inside or out shopping, If the weather stays good we might have a go at outside time (hard with my dogs around). How are you going withe scrapbooking today? How scarey about sleep walking!! Least you are both ok, but asleep or not your nt going to let anything happen to Em.

Vic: Glad to hear Mel is feeling better.....Good luck Adam with your needles!! I'm sure you'll be a brave boy though!

Jodie: We were going out last night but I recorded it.....When I watched it when we got home I saw it wasn't on!! I'll keep watching all week in case, but let us know if you find out what night. A friends's baby was meant to have her pic shown on the Today show last Monday and it still hasn't been on yet. Gym sounds like a good idea, I've been thinking about it too lately. Good luck with getting quotes etc.....least they know who did it! What a PITA though!!

Shazz: I hope Ryan settles down for you....teething is such a tough time for them the poor thing, we haven't started yet...thank god!! How did Ryan go at CC? Its good to start them young so its not a problem when they are older and they know how to socialize with other kids their age. I used to work in CC and you could see a huge difference in kids that started early to ones who started later.

Kim: I don't like causing conflict but tonight for sure I will stand my ground if she says even 1 thing!! Thanks.....although I am the only mum Jayden has LOL its a compliment all the same.

CH just called to confirm Jayden's appt today, we have changed the time to 2pm (so more shopping time after!) Hopefully it all goes well, he would have gained weight as he has had the formula, but I'll ask about Maxalon to boost my supply. So hopefully I will still BF but if not, as you have all said...Jayden will be fine either way, 10 weeks of BF'ing is a good start.

Hope everyone has a great day

oxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Just a quick note as I've got heaps to do... and someone arriving any minute now...

Just spoke to the producer of ACA and our story got bumped on Monday night - but is on tonight (tuesday) - definately - she says...

Kim ~ No more sleep walking last night! Right I get you with Domayne and whoo hoo on the first glass of wine! I had a Cruiser when I was out to dinner a few weeks ago but nothing since. DP & I are planning a night when my Mum looks after Emerson so we can go out for dinner etc and both drink... nothing stopping us just a matter of when I'm comfortable leaving Emerson. I honestly can't imagine having a night without him...

Tania ~ You sound the same as me re spending money hehe!! I thought the difference between Snugglers and Huggies would be more too. Apparently Baby Love are alright and even cheaper so I *may* try them. Any one had any luck with Baby Love? Funnily enough we are also inside or out shopping too but DP emailed me and said take him outside. Its gorgeous out there!! So I did and we had a wonderful time so I'm grateful that I did it! I hope you're appt goes well and yes Jayden will be fine either way!!

Jodie ~ I will def be watching tonight then!! I might set my alarm just so I remember!! How exciting!!

I am just about to start some scrapbooking and I have to look into some uni applications etc as well. I have a friend coming over for dinner and then I'm going out for coffee with another group of friends afterwards. I'm always busy Tuesday nights which is a pity because BellyBelly Trivia night is on. If any of you girls are just pottering around you should give it a go - lots of fun!! Well I better get started before Em wakes up!!

Nat apparently the Aldi nappies are pretty cheap and really good too. I'm lucky there is a place that sells the big cartons of huggies really cheap here - don't know how, but DH is happy with the price so who cares.

What do you all mean you don't go outside??? I'd go nuts and Darcy loves the trees. I sit her in the bouncer when I go and hang out the washing (in the shade), take her for a walk... which reminds me. Whats a good nonallergenic baby sunscreen? I am allergic to everythng and Darc appears to be the same, but she needs one as we're outside every day.

Shazz, hope you went all right with Ryan at daycare today sweetie.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; August 8th, 2006 at 05:01 PM.

Its been freezing here Kim. Raining and COLD!! So we haven't been outside because of that reason. The past few days have been sunny and lovely hence the reason why we ventured out doors. I don't think they have Aldi nappies over here in SA. I'm happy to pay for Huggies as well but I feel obligated to try the rest to see if they're alright for some reason. I guess its the bargain hunter in me ! I couldn't help you with the sunscreen because we haven't had to use it yet. I was thinking of getting Em some sunglasses though lol - the glare hurts his eyes so bad!!

Guess what folks... I am actually scrap booking...

well good evening ladies

Thanks for asking after Us Ryan went for his first day of day care and i think mummy out did him on the crying ( ) but other then that i think we did alright my boss let me come in an hour later so i got to start at 8 am which was a blessing the only thing is i was so engorged by the time i got back to him just after 12 i thought there was going to be exploded boobies everywhere so we do it all over again tomorrow but from 10.30 so it shouldn't be so bad but i will take my pump with me

so how is every one i haven't been able to catch up on any posts yet so i will go back a read them now while little man is being quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Lea13
    Guess what folks... I am actually scrap booking...
    yay you'll have to post some of your pages on your web site when you get them done
    and BTW on the nappies i use baby love for both night and day and we love em " i used to use huuggies for night and cheapies for the day but my daughter has been dressing Ryan after his bath and has been putting him in baby love and he goes to sleep before i remember to tell her to put him in a huggies and he gets through the night with out a change thats if he does poop of course i picked up 96 nappies for $18.98 at woolies so about 19cents a nappy they were on special then i notice yesterday they were normally $29.00 for 96 so about 30 cents a nappy
    Last edited by ~shazz~; August 8th, 2006 at 05:42 PM.

I keep dropping off the notificiations????? :-(

same here Jodie ~ you look great i'm so glad you and little shaun are getting some sleep now

Jodie, you couldn't hardly see what you had on so it didn't matter in the night ones, but you still looked great for a sleep deprived person!!

Shazz, glad you went OK today. Was thinking about you.

Well Nat I'm glad you finally got into it!! - not sure we believe you though after all these promises LOL!! :P

I'm just waiting for Darcy to wake up.....come on baby mummy wants to go to bed...she's sleeping really well ATM so I can't complain, but she wakes up around 5.30-6am and talks to herself. I can hear her in the monitor. I figure as long as she's not crying she's ok. She even has 2-4 daytime sleeps now - a couple before and a couple after lunch and then goes down from about 5-9 and then 10-2. I think someone switched babies on me....

Jodie259 Guest

ACA: I looked like I had no neck/3 chins !!! Oooh... the camera doesn't lie! Looks like I'll be joining the gym quick smart.
    I didn't know the other mother... but I think I've seen her somewhere? I went to Pinky's book launch... so maybe she was there? I'm assuming she's a belly belly member too...

The article is on the ACA website... if you didn't get to see it. You go to ninemsn.com.au/aca and hit the baby article.. then hit video.

Pinky was nervous about them distorting the interview. And it happens! But they put her in a good light, which is good. She is so lovely.

Nappies: I've been a nappy junkie in the last 9 weeks. I have tried out Huggies, target, Babylove and Snugglers. In honesty; I have found Snugglers to be the best one for Shaun - which some people are surprised about. I found the babylove were shocking, and he constantly leaked. I ordered some nappies over the net, and the lady said that Snugglers aren't that popular... but they just suit some babies. I must have one of those babies. I ordered 'cheap' huggies - which come from Asia... but I haven't used them yet... so I hope they are okay. They seem to be geniune huggies.. just imported over because they are cheaper.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,
    Well I reported in a previous post that AF returned, BUT I'm not so sure now....you see it only last 6 hrs max and dissappeared.(Please Explain, LOL)So I have made a mental note of the date and we will see what happens, strange...anyone else had this happen.

I took Little Miss Phoebe to the doctors today, she has Bronchiolitis. She is doing ok and have to take her back tomorrow, just so the doctor can keep and eye on her. Plenty of fluids and infant panadol for her temp, can get pretty serious so she is getting extra extra special tender loving care atm.

Samuel is back on the mend and that god awful running nose is starting to come to a halt, finally. I have a bit of a virus thing happening at the moment as well. Just a dry cough at night and a rough throat. So many people around are sick or have been sick. I love winter, but not the coughs and colds that come with it.

Sorry girls no personals, way too much to catch up on, But just quickly.....Nat are you really scrapbooking, (on the floor) in shock!!!

Hey Girls,

Just a quick one....need sleep!!

Jodie: I was so upset cause we went out tonight I forgot to set the DVD recorder, but I looked on the website and you were fantastic!! Shaun is gorgeous!! So glad you are getting sleep now.

Jayden's check up went great, he gained 210 grams in a week!! SIL #3's place was good, she made a few coments that weren't too bad, like " he doesn't look like he's grown, he's still very small!" I said "Well there is nothing wrong with him he is happy and healthy and definatley getting enough milk!" I wanted to be a B**** but it wasn't as justified as her last comment. Anyway Jayden is sleeping (hopefully for the night) and DP is on night shift...YAY the bed to myself!! I'll do personals and more about last night tomorrow.

Night oxoxo

missbexy27 Guest

Hey Girls!

I missed ACA aswell and I'd been looking forward to watching it since last week - why did they have to change it!!!

I'm so glad that you are all talking nappies as we're going through the 'trial and error' with them all at the moment. We're on Snugglers and they're ok but there have been a few 'blowouts' so I don't know. Huggies are great but soooo expensive. I might try Babylove after hearing how many of you said that they were good. It's hard to know and you have to buy so many! My parents-in-law live in Vic so I might get them to bring over some Aldi nappies - my father-in-law thinks Aldi's is the greatest shop in the world!

Well i paid a visit to my obst today as I had some granulated tissue that had grown where the stitches from my episiotomy were. Had to have a local at the site and then he cut it off and then sealed it with some silver nitrate - very pleasant...NOT!!!! I tell you, just when I thought it was all over! Oh well, it's ok now, I'll be feeling better in a couple of days...i hope!

Mason is doing well - weighing in at 6.58kg - he's a little chubber! It's all breastmilk so it's ok but people do call him chubby...mmmmm????? No, I'm just glad I could breastfeed in the end after all the problems I had in the beginning and nearly giving it up.

Did anyone hear about the mothers magazine in the US that came out with a pic of a baby breastfeeding? They had 5000 letters of complaint - all from women complaining about how disgusting it was and how they had to hide the mag from their husbands as they would get offended - WHAT!!!!!! From what I read in a lot of American Mothers books, they don't breastfeed, it's straight to the bottle. Kinda makes you proud to be an Australian (even if we do have John Howard for a Prime Minister!).

Anyway, I'm gonna try and put the little one down now - soooo tired. Hopefully I'll be back on tomorrow - I'm enjoying this forum

Night everyone

Jodie259 Guest

Wow Bec - Mason is a great weight! Particularly as he's BF. (and he is sooooo cute!!!) I've seen some huge FF babies and I'm paranoid that my (FF) baby will turn into a beach ball. It's my overweight insecurities coming out. Hopefully he will get his daddy's super skinny genes.

If you want to see the ACA video, you can check it out at the ACA website. See the instructions above to access it.

And that's just sad that the Americans are offended by breast feeding. I feel for the poor mums that want to BF and have to 'hide' to do it in public. It's just wrong. I wonder if they have the baby rooms like we do in shopping centres?
    Last edited by Jodie259; August 9th, 2006 at 01:14 AM.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Jodie ~ Downloading the ACA video now, Broadband isn't available where I am so dial-up is extremely slow...looking forward to having a look at it (if it will let me). I sat down on Monday night all excited to watch the show and when it wasn't on I was quite disappointed.

LOL we can talk ladies!!

Shazz ~ LOL @ exploding. I'm so glad that your boss let you start an hour later. I think I would be just as upset to leave Em!! I will have to try Babylove next I think. I won't be posting the page I did today LOL It was the second part of a joint page so I had to run with the theme I was working with last time and it just wasn't happening for me! I also need a bigger desk!! But it was good to get started again! Can't wait to do more!

Sheree ~ Bummer about dropping off. How are you and Lachie going?

Vic ~ I completely agree with you. I am happy to pay for them and they are good but in hindsight it is $ literally being thrown in bin rofl. So the less spent the better. I can see that Snugglers probably wouldn't hold an overnight nappy but they seem to do fine during the day. Babylove will def be the next brand I try hehe! LOL @ Mel cutting 2 teeth - yay for her!!!

Jodie ~ I was out and forgot to set the tape. I need to download some software to watch it so I will get to it over the next few days! I can't wait to see it!

Kim ~ I wasn't tricking I promise hehe! I spent alot of time organizing before I started and I've decided I need another desk in my study!! Especially if I go back to studying. So I want a desk with a bookshelf on top... how any of this proves I scrap booked I have no idea!! Great to see that Darcy is sleeping for you! I'm taking a leaf out of your book and I'm going to try easing Em into a routine.I have a feeling he will respond really well. If he doesn't then we will go back to the way things are now but something you said about Darcy made me think Em would appreciate the routine. LOL I'm too tired to remember what exactly!!

Tania ~ Yay for the bed to yourself. I couldn't imagine sharing my bed full time any more. DP takes up so much room rofl!! And double yay for Jaydens weight gain you must be so relieved and happy!! LOL @ SIL#3... some people!! I think you handled it well!!

Bec ~ Ouch your doctors visit sounds painful!!!And Mason is going great - that's huge rofl!! I love chubby babies - babies are meant to be chubby!!! I will have to get Em weighed again this week to see how he's going! Its been two weeks and last time he was 5.27kgs. That sound terrible about the US magazine. How horrible... def proud to have Australia support and promote BF so much. Couldn't imagine things being different TBH...

Mummy ~ How are you? And hows that scrapbooking? We have to get together for a scrapbooking morning hehe! I need some one to vent to rofl - today I had issues with crinkle cut scissors....I was so frustrated I reminded me of a 2 year old!!!

Well I really have to go to bed rofl!! I am going into the city tomorrow for lunch with some old work friends and to do a bit of shopping. It will be Em's first train ride so I'm excited. Also going to try this routine thing so fingers crossed it works and he behaves etc etc!! Will pop in before I head out of course!! Night night!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast