Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #7

OMG Vic! I guess you have to be organised. I hope I'm like that. Cam wants 4 kids too. What sort of car have you got?

Tania is the fenugeek (sp?) working? I don't know whether I should try or not. Darcy was the smallest at our meeting on Tuesday and I'm a bit worried. I had to give up on the bicarb too - made her skin terrible. Went for cooking oil on half hour before bath and then brushed against hair growth. Almost all gone in one application.

Gees it's windy here! It rained more last night than we usually get in the month of September and has washed a bit of my hard carried topsoil down the driveway Isn't it always the way? Might go shopping this arvie. Have to start looking for my bridesmaid's dress - get to pick it myself - but she wants black - whattha?

Gosh you have just made up my mind Vic, I don't want 4 kids, I have a hard enough time just looking after 1, ohhhh what a sook!!!!!

Vic you are a supermum, hope you get some appreciation from your hubby every now and again?

Kellee Guest

KIM! Don't buy anything until I show you the dress that I'm wearing for my brother's wedding. Almost SIL wanted to find us something that we could wear again, so she found the most wonderful dress called "The Ultimate Black Dress" by a designer called Sascha (sp?) Drake. You can wear it 20 different ways and even though it's a little on the expensive side it's fabulous. I bought a small and I could wear it when I was pregnant and I can still wear it even though I'm not quite back to my normal size. It is so versatile. I suppose you could Google it to find a link to her site or email me for more info. It's RAD. Just thought I should tell you about that before you buy anything.

Afternoon girls,

In the box there was: (I just copied the list hehe)
    Bonds pants size 000 (blue)
    Bonds jacket size 000 (blue)
    Bonda jumpsuit size 000 (blue)
    Pumpkin Patch jumpsuit size n/b (blue)
    Babyclub jumpsuit size 000 (blue)
    Babyclub jumpsuit size 000 (yellow)
    Babysnoopy jumpsuit size 00 (blue,white,striped)
    Now jumpsuit size 000 (light green)
    Target denim jeans size 00
    Target long sleeved singlet size 00 (blue)
    Target t-shirt size 0000 (white)
    Classic Pooh shirt size 000 White)
    Hand knitted woollen jumper (green,red,white)
    Hand knitted cardigan (green,yellow)
    Wavezone jumper size 0 (beige)
    Beige cotton shirt size0
    Little red sweatshirt
    Zebra jumpsuit size 00 (blue)
    Snugabye jumpsuit size 00
    Hand knitted blue striped and white beanies
    Kaboosh booties (green)
    woolen booties (blue)
    The hand knitted things aren't my thing (the green, red and white one reminds me of bill cosby's jumpers LOL but the rest are pretty good!

Kellee: I don't think we really have a routine, just as I think we are getting one, Jayden decides to skip a sleep or have an extra one haha

Kim: I wish I had the motivation to get out in the garden! The candles sound beautiful. The fenugreek I think worked a bit, but yesterday I started on the domperidone because I ran out of fenugreek. It will take a few days I think before the meds to work...so fingers crossed!! They told me to increase his feeds to build up the supply before trying anything else, that didn't really work. Fenugreek is meant to be more beneficial in the first few weeks after birth and the domperidone is better after that, its worth a try though

Nat: LOL only me in the bathroom this time, MIL and DP came in a couple of times but it was mainly me....When he was getting dried and dressed there was MIL,FIL,DP and me....still a few too many but it was ok haha. There where 2 posties today too, I had a friend over earlier she said there has been all week and one is probably training hehe phew...it wasn't with all my ebay stuff!! Speaking of which, I got nothing yesterday but I got 4 packages today!! Oh popcorn!! I used to make myself sick on popcorn and melted butter (sometimes for brekki LOL).

Vic: Supermum alright!! Wow I wish I was that organised with just the one baby! Well done

Sheree: I'm with you, 1 baby is enough at the moment...4 would be a little too much I think hehe

Well Jayden had an hour sleep this morning from 10am-11am in his cot then went back to sleep at 1pm and he is still sleeping. I didn't think he would sleep long so I just put him in his pram....ahh well I might go so some dishes and some washing....I have already vacuumed!!

I'll pop in later

oxoxox

Thanks Kellee, I'll google it!!

ETA: wow Kellee, that look fantastic - now for the questions...
    What is it made of? Is it shiny or dull?
    How much is pricey?
    Where did you get it from?
    Last edited by ~Kim~; September 7th, 2006 at 06:32 PM.

Kim ~ Inspiration is a good way to look at it. I am up to week 24 of my pregnancy with scrap booking. I really should get a move on LOL. I would be annoyed at that silly wind blowing away your topsoil as well!! Glad to hear the cooking oil worked – its amazing how different things work for different babies isn’t it?

Kellee ~ I’ve never had a bit stuck so bad – my gum was bleeding!! LOL @ tricky with one hand. The worst part is getting a hand cramp! I have seen that dress and it looks amazing!!

Vic ~ That is a pretty good routine you’ve got going there! The car sounds great as well.

Sheree ~ I guarantee you there will be more LOL!!

Tania ~ OMG At everything in that box! You lucky girl! Em is the same as Jayden – not much of a routine besides his bedtime and morning time bottle. I was addicted to popcorn at one stage as well – would go through a 3pk box a week :eek:. LMAO @ a training postie… I never thought of that before but I suppose they would have to learn the route somehow? You family can be in your face sometimes (or Jaydens for that matter LOL) but how wonderful that he has so many people that adore him!

Morning Ladies,

Kellee: I had a look at that dress too, its gorgeous....even DP looked slightly impressed LOL.

Kim: I checked on Ebay for the dress but they only had "Fertile Mind" which it say can be worn while not PG, auction would be nearly over by now and it was up to $103 last night RRP was $230.

Vic: I'm ususally noisy around Jayden when he's sleeping too, that was one thing I never wanted was a sensitive baby!I do find occassionally I'll say " shh the baby's sleeping" usually on days where he has been unsettled and not had much sleep (or I haven't had much hehe).

Nat: Jayden is usually in bed by 9.30/10pm give or take some days and wakes around 4am for cuddles in my bed and up for a feed around 6.30/7am so I guess thats a little routine hehe. You should see what I got yesterday from ebay!! I'll get pics on him in it but I got a pumpkin patch button thru short sleeve check shirt, PP tshirt, PP blue with brown stripe trackies and PP army cargo's all that was $25!! OMG @ 3 boxes of popcorn a week...I was never that addicted LOL. Jayden is very lucky with how many ppl love him...We can't wait for xmas and his bday LOL.

Jayden had so many sleeps yesterday that I guess he thought he didn't need to sleep through! He was asleep by 9.30pm, I went to bed at 12.30am, Jayden woke before I fell asleep so I just changed him and fed him and then it wanted to watch The Up Late Show until 1.30am then finally went to sleep until his usually 4am cuddle time and then awake by 6.30am.....so I haven't had much sleep but Jayden I'm sure is very rested LOL. I can hear a nap calling me this afternoon haha. I think we are going out for dnner tonight, I hope so cause I want Jayden to wear some of his new clothes hehe....DP told me Jayden has enough clothes now and not to buy him anymore LOL he's prob right, he'll prob grow out of them before he gets a chance to wear them haha.

Anyway have a great day girls

oxoxox

Tania must be the full moon, cos we didn't get any sleep here either. I did something I've never done this morning - I left her to cry. I felt so bad, but I was desperate to shut my eyes and she hadn't had a good sleep. Looks like it's going to continue today though. Took me an hour to get her to feed and she's been asleep a grand total of 10minutes. DH isstill sleeping peacefully after a full nights sleep - but I bet he will say "but I didn't go to bed until 2" (his choice mind you after he got home at midnight)

Vic we have to plan our pregnancies due to my BP issues so we won't start until next December anyway - 18months was what I had initially planned. I like the territory too, but will have a look at the chrysler.

Shazz, does Nick read? I got a kids book in a cake mix and Darcy isn't going to read for a while. ANyone else who has older kids???

Right take 2. She's back in her cot with her eyes shut....
    Now I forget what I wanted to write.
    Are sheepskins banned with all the SIDs risk? I had Darcy just slleping on the top of her made bed (wrapped and with a blanket tucket firmly over her), and yesterday I took the nic squsihy quilt off and just put her in the made bed. I think she hates it. Do you think a sheepskin under the bottom sheet would be OK?

Kellee, Here's the response.
    "I read your post about needing a wedding poem about grandfather. If you can give me a few more details, I'll be glad to write one for you. For example, is it the groom's or the bride's grandfather? Were they especially close? Are you the bride? When is/was the wedding? Did or will the grandfather be recognized during the ceremony? What traits made him special? What do you (or do they) remember him for?

I love to write poetry and feel it's my contribution to SJ, so don't feel like it's an imposition to ask for something special. I promise I'll do my best for you! (I will be away over the weekend Sept. 8 - 10 so don't panic if you don't get an immediate response!)

Happy scrapping.
    Lois
    "Silversnow""
    I'll send her the details if you email me....

JAYDEN?? JAAAYDEN?? Has anyone seen Jayden lately? There is a baby here that has been asleep for the last 3hrs surely that couldn't be MY son!!

Lucky girl!!! WIsh Darcy'd do that. She's worn me out today. I even rasied my voice at her and then walked away cos I felt so bad.

OMG did you all hear Peter Brock was killed today!!! He's to my generatin what Steve Irwin was to today's.

Just another quick one, I need to get Jayden back to sleep so I can go to sleep hehe

What a shock Peter Brock's death was.....Sad to say but it always happens in three's, apparently a politictian died(??) then Steve Irwin and now Peter Brock!! Hopefully that will be it!

Poor you Kim! Don't feel bad about raising your voice, its bound to happen eventually. I tried giving Jayden my "angry face" the other day for grabbing my hair on either side and pulling down (OUCH!) He looked at me funny and let go of one side, then looke again and started laughing at me...of course I cracked up laughing cause he was so serious then he thought it was funny LOL.

I ended up waking him after 3.5hrs of sleep, but he has done nothing but sleep during the day today and yesterday, I hope he is ok, he doesn't seem to have a temp.

Anyway, personals tomorrow, my eyes are stinging cause I am so tired!
    Nighty night girls
    xoxoxox

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is well, and has big exciting plans for the weekend...not me, well Saturday grocery shopping in the morning and then to a Nutrimetics party in the arvo. Sunday nothing much, just some more spring cleaning I guess.

Talking about routines, Phoebe has been a bit up and down of late. Every morning she wakes anywhere between 6-7.30am, stays up until 9-9.30am and sleeps until early afternoon (that's most days). When she wakes, feed and a bit of a play for around 1 1/2-2 hours and then back to sleep. She wakes mid to late arvo, feed and doesn't go back to sleep until 7.30 pm. Night time is definately a bit all over the place ATM. Thinking of introducing a roll-over feed around 10pm to see if this helps her sleep through instead of feeding anywhere between 1am-4am. I can't believe it she is 4 months old *sigh*, time just seems to be going so much quicker then when my son was a baby.

I had the worst O pains the other day. They were quite painful. So I think things are slowly getting back to normal. AF should be due any day, so we will see if my cycle is back as it was before....28 days (so regular I could set my watch to it).

Kim ~ don't feel bad that you raised your voice at Darcy. Wait until she is 2, you will be hoarse by the end of the day. LOL. Yes there is days where they test our patience, and it can be overwhelming and make us feel like we are losing control. You are not alone, but the guilts are pretty horrible I know.

Well I better be off to bed...oh might wake little miss for a feed first, I think.

Take Care X

Mummy, I was only thinking of you last night - and here I come on this morning and you've posted!

HAPPY FOURTH MONTH BIRTHDAY TO PHOEBE KAITLYN AND DARCY TODAY!:

We've not got anything planned this w/e either. My sis's b'day tomorrow so going for dinner tonight, but Cam's on arvos all w/e again so it's a girls thing.

Having the depo injection on Monday. Has anyone had one? How much does it hurt? Like tetanus? - speaking if injections - better make an appointment for Darcy.

We moved all of Darcy's stuff upstairs yesterday. Hands up all of you whose child has more clothes than them???

Shazz I got my parcel. THANKS SO MUCH. They have pride of place in Darcy's shelf in the cupboard.

Hi Gals, been very busy with Fathers Day followed by Daddy's birthday, been a good week for him as you could imagine. Going to watch Daddy play soccer this evening with a friend incase they get knocked out this arvo seeing as we haven't been all season. Tomorrow we are going to have lunch with a friend on the beach. I went to a linen party last night and I saw a lady that was at the 30th birthday we went to the other week and she said gee we are social these days, I said yep past the 3 mth mark see, she said I soooo know what you mean!!!

Kim - don't feel bad for leaving DArcy scream, I have given my boy heaps of death stares before and left him cry on one occassion, you are better to do that for your own sanity. Wade made a comment the other day that I seem to be coping and responding to Lachie alot more, and I have to agree I am, as soon as he went on formula he has been a different baby ( I mean we have our moments, but generally 100% better ). I feel bad looking back, but he was a very difficult baby and the fact that Wade is so cool calm and collective and he isn't here with him all day every day it didn't affect him, but I must admit when people where around I coped as soon as it was just me and him, I couldn't cope and I didn't bond very well either. Hope my boy loves me now hehe.

Tania- did you buy all those clothes, how much did they cost? Bugger about Jayden not sleeping the best atm. Hey are you going back to work fulltime? I couldn't think of anything worse!

HAPPY FOURTH MONTH BIRTHDAY TO PHOEBE KAITLYN AND DARCY TOO! It is crazy how Lachie is 16 weeks on Monday and yet he is 4 mths on the 22nd, we loose some time don't we? hehe

Vic - I don't blame you for not liking or doing ironing, I wash, fold and goes into the cupboard and when we want to where it, it gets ironed then!

Now who else???? Ummmm Nat how are things, ohhh the routine, yeah we only have a routine at night too, 2nd last feed at 7pm, bath at 8:30pm, massage, excercises, when we put him singy on without fail he whinges and has had enough just wants a bottle and bed! We hold him in a crotch position to stetch him out till 9:30 bottle and 10pm sleep. God forbid if we held him any other way he would crack a mental or put him down either, so it is generally only 15mins we have to do this and it is time! Then he wakes up onces at between 3-5am for a feed, only because Mummy continually puts the dummy back in his mouth, then a feed at 7am which he generally refuses. Yesterday he went without a feed from 5am till 11:30am and even then it was the biggest struggle to get that down his throat! The first time he fed well all day was 2pm. This is the only routine we have come up with but it works as he is so easy to get to sleep at 10pm and 5am, only times of the day it is easy enough, all day long he fights it to the hill!!!!

Mummy4life - hope Phoebe's sleeping settles down again for you soon honey.

Where is Alison these days????????????????? Helllllooooooooooo out there...........

Best go and have some brekky, yeah that is right WAde let me sleep in, I was buggered!!!!

HAPPY FOURTH MONTH BIRTHDAY TO PHOEBE, KAITLYN AND DARCY!!!!

I can’t believe about Peter Brock as well. That affects me more then Steve Irwin as I kind of grew up in the Peter Brock era if that makes sense?

Tania ~ Jayden sounds pretty much like Em. The Pumpkin Patch stuff sounds adorable! Sounds as though you have way too many clothes for him. I am so tempted to check out Ebay but I’m scared that I will spend WAY too much money… sometimes I have no control over myself LOL. LMAO @ you searching for Jayden! Did you find him?

Kim ~ I hope sheepskins aren’t banned because I use on. Em hated the hardness of the cot after being in his bassinet. Planning number two already you lucky thing! I know how you feel about raising your voice. I did that and like Jayden (I swear Tania do these boys email each other!!!) Em just laughed at me… and of course I had to love as well! Ouch @ the injection!! And I have to book Em’s injections for next week as well.

Mummy4Life ~ I can’t believe she is 4 months either. It seems like it was only last week that I was walking down to visit you both from my room!!! Sounds like you have a relaxing weekend planned.

Sheree ~ So good to have you back posting regularly. I have missed you! A belated happy birthday to Wade!! I am so glad to hear that the formula has really made a difference for you both. It sounds as though it was the right thing to do. You have a lot of sleep to catch up on so good on Wade for giving you the sleep in!!

Hey everyone,

Kim: a sheepskin under the sheet is fine, in Jayden's cradle is a little pillow under the sheet. During the day if your around to keep an eye on her I wouldn't see the problem in letting her sleep directly on it if you wanted (I wouldn't cause Jayden would probably spew on it hehehe). It really annoys me when DP whinges about Jayden crying when he's trying to sleep. Today is a classic example: DP went to bed at 12.30am and woke up about 10am (only because we had to vote today) then around 12.30pm he said he wanted a nap so he went to sleep and I went when Jayden fell asleep, less than an hour later Jayden woke up and I got up to him but he wouldn't stop crying so DP cracked it cause he was trying to sleep!! I went to bed earlier than him (about 11pm) but I was up at 3.30, 5, 6 and then at 7am!! So who should be cracking it at lack of sleep?? LOL I feel better now hehe. I hope you enjoy dinner tonight!!

Mummy: We have nothing planned this weekend, we went to vote this morning and DP has footy semi finals in Hervey Bay tomorrow, but I don't think I will go. Sounds like you got yourself a routine there a day time one anyway!! Well done!! I hope you O pains get better soon.

Sheree: The box cost $21.35 including postage which was around $10. I'm going back part time for 6 weeks then it will be full time, I told Andrew I'm going to fall PG again so I don't have to go full time LOL he wasn't happy hehe. It will be so sad when I go back, I'm not looking forward to it.

Nat: I just washed all Jayden's new things and some of his other things and it filled up 2 washing baskets....do you think he has too much? LOL I think so (thats not including what was already in his wardrobe and drawers hehe). I did find him LOL it I couldn't believe how long he slept!! I do believe our boys are emailing each other LOL the cheeky monkies!!

Well I have been keeping track of what Jayden does the last 2 days and I think we may have some sort of routine:
    3.30/4am - Wakes for cuddles and sleep in our bed
    6.30/7am- Wakes for a feed then plays I have breakfast
    8.45/9am- Sleep, I have a shower
    10am- Wakes for a feed and plays or we go out
    11.30- Sleep, I do housework or sleep
    2/3pm - Wakes for feed and play
    5.30/7pm - Feed and Sleep
    6.30/8pm- Wakes, bath, feed
    9.30/10.30pm- Asleep for the night
    So basically thats it, of course thats not set in stone LOL

Jayden is up now but dozing off again in my arms.....Have a great afternoon girls

oxoxox

Tania ~ Grrrr @ your DH. DP said to me the other day something along the lines of "I never get any time to myself anymore" Erm... hello!!! What about me!!?!?! Men LOL. Did I miss something? Are you starting work again? LOL @ falling pregnant again! OMG even Em doesn't have that many clothes! I'm jealous... that's it I'm off to look at Ebay . Your routine sounds great. Em has been out of whack this week as the poor thing has had bronchiolitis!! He is getting better now though.

Kellee ~ I know you're away hun but I just have to say that I saw your pic when you signed in on MSN the other day and it is just gorgeous!! What a proud mummy you must be!!

On the note of MSN pics I swear that everytime you sign in Tania its a different photo!! I love it! Its like a slideshow of Jayden at his cutest hehe!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast