Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #8

Hi there girls, what a week it's been.
    We picked up my MIL from Canberra last Saturday as my SIL was due to have a caesar on Tuesday. She's staying with us so it's been go go go ever since.
    Well my SIL had a son - 10 pound 8 and 59 cm long.... He's got the biggest hands and feet you've ever seen. Very cute though. Ginger hair and perfect skin.
    Kaitlyn's been a little grumpy as I think she has started teething. I can feel a tooth coming on the bottom but nothing cracked through yet. She loves the bonjela, which helps.
    She's also started having some stewed pears every other night and loves to suck on a milk arrowroot bikky. Do you think I am feeding her this too early, or do you just play it by ear?
    I went to the dr yesterday for Katy's 4 month needles. She went very well. No fever or grumpiness at all. Thank goodness. Whoever recommended giving Panadol before you have the needles is an angel. Thank you. We spent the day at my mum's with my MIL - which made for an interesting day to say the least.
    I also went for a check up re my PND. Have been referred to see a clinical psych, as I am still struggling with ALOT of issues, even after being on the meds. It's hard sometimes as the family just don't understand that little things to them can be a major deal for me. Last night was particularly hard as I went and saw my SIL and she was breast feeding and I got so upset as it was something I really wanted to do. For some reason it just ate me up and I cried all the way home. That’s never happened before.
    Anyway, I better get back to my MIL and need to put my DD to bed. But before I do, has anyone heard of whether you need to have your car seat certified in order for your green slip to cover you in case of an accident? My BIL mentioned it last night and I had never heard of it. If you do, where do you go?

OK I haven't just been sitting here on the computer... I've done the dishes, fed Em and sorted the washing. I was chatting to Tania on MSN but I think the dogs disconnected her again LOL!

Kim ~ Did you keep rewrapping her for 2 hours?? Oh you are my inspiration. I have no patience for that most nights!!

Leanne ~ I hope going to the clinical psych will help. The BF issue is such a close and personal one for everyone and I imagine PND would only highlight the issue IYKWIM. Congrats on becoming an aunty as well! What a huge bubba! What did they name him? Its hard to say with solids. I have people tell me 4 months is fine and others say no. I'd say it would depend on the bubs and your own choice. If she's happy and you're happy then go for it.

Okay I don't think I'll get any scrapbooking done now but I do have a few other things to do that I need to do! Have a good night everyone!

Leanne ~ I just came across LINK about solids and starting early or waiting. This might help you make an informed decision. It is quite a hot topic these days!

Nat, thanks for the link, I'll have a look.
    Last night I fed her some stewed pears for the first time and she tried to grab the spoon from me and do it herself. I let her have the spoon once we were finished and she 'munched' on it as well....
    I can't believe how fast Kaitlyn is growing up. She's had a lot of 'firsts' this past week.
    My new nephew is Stewart Jonathan. A big bubba yes, but it seems he's all arms and legs. My DH and BIL are over 6 foot, so I guess that has something to do with it. We have been joking around that we'll have to teach Katy self defence early! LOL.
    Anyways, off to put on a load of washing before everyone wakes up. Have a good weekend everyone.

NAt - had a quick read and now more confused!... I think I'll have to have a good chat to my child care nurse on Wednesday and ask if just pears is okay until 6 months, and if there's a risk of Katy getting a food allergy. Her father eats like a horse so thought she might just be taking after him, but at the end of the day, I want to do whats right for her and not what 'everyone else says', esp, MIL's and my mother etc.
    :O)

No Nat not rewrapping for two hours (I tie her in pretty tight), but getting up putting in the dummy, turning on the nightlight - it switches off after 10min. How do they know to cry just after you get comfy???

Leanne, I'm going to send you an email, but on that food subject...You all know how I feel about my MIL's advice and based on the fact that every member of that family is in the morbidly obese category (except DH but only cos I'm a food nazi) I won't be starting any solids until 6months, however! Everyone should have a mum like mine. I ask her all sorts of stupid stuff (yes like I do to you girls) and she usually says "Well I can give you advice, but you know what the trend is know, so you should make up your own mind. You're the mother" She does what I ask with Darcy even if she thinks it's stupid (like wrapping her) and doesn't tell me that she thinks it's stupid - she just asks why and when I give an answer she says "Oh OK".

And again
    GO THE SWANNIES!!!

Morning Girls,

Shazz: I am so sorry about your Great Gran, but as the others have said at least you have recently visited and Ryan got to meet her! Big to you and your family!!

Sara: Jayden can stand while I’m holding his hands but only for a second or two then his legs give way haha….he has skinny little legs (although he’s getting thunder thight LOL)

Mummy: Ebay is great isn’t it? I go there for everything first. Have fun at the nutrimetics party…..I have a candle party tonight…I don’t think I will buy anything though cause I am having one next month and SIL#1 is also having one…I probably will end up buying LOL I can’t help myself.

Nat: LOL those pesty dogs!! I got the s**ts and couldn’t be bothered turning the computer back on seen as the dogs had knocked it out 3 times within an hour! (or was it less ). That is great that Em hasn’t had a reaction this time! Jayden got to sleep at 10.20pm, woke at 1.30am for feed, 4.30am for feed and then was talking away in his cot at 7.30am I got up just after 8am (mean mummy I am for leaving him LOL). I don’t know how much longer I can last with these overnight feeds!! I take my hat off to all the mums that had non sleeping babies from the start….I don’t think I could have handled it. Grrr @ Em’s tooth too, now you have to go through it all over again hehe

Leanne: WOW what a big bubba!! Lucky it was C-Sect!! Although I met a mum who had a 10lb girl and she was born naturally :eek: I’m not sure about the pears at this age, I would have thought it might be hard to digest, but I am only guessing and every baby is different. If Katy hasn’t had a reaction and she likes it, I guess there would be no problem. In saying that I haven’t read the links the girls have posted either…might do that. I have bought Farex for Jayden, but I haven’t started him on it yet, I’m kind of nervous too cause that means he’s getting older LOL. Clinical Psychologist sounds like a good idea, you know we are all here for you even if certain family members don’t understand! I’m not sure about the carseat (each state is different) but all car seats have to meet certain Aust standards so unless it just means that, so you can’t use one that you used as a baby for example??

Kim: Ready you post made me get a tear in my eye! The bit about your mum…..Made me think of my mum in Melb….She came up for 2 weeks when Jayden was born but hasn’t been up since and I haven’t been down there….Made me realize how much I miss her, your lucky to have your mum there ‘not’ to give advice IYKWIM hehehe

Well I have a whingy boy…..he is tired (I wonder why…if you don’t sleep you get tired Jayden!!). Just a bit of grocery shopping for me today and this candle party tonight.

I’ll check in later, have a great day girls
    oxoxox

Leanne ~ I have given Em Farex a few times and he was more interested in the spoon LOL. He loved munching on it as well. I know what you mean about them growing – up Em seemed to have one of those weeks as well. Even his hair seemed to have a growth spurt! I haven’t heard the name Stewart in a while – very nice. The whole solids issue is very controversial and it makes it hard to make a decision. I’m personally trying to hold off as long as I can though I do try Em with Farex every noe and then to see if he’s interested. But I had high allergies when I was a child – I have no idea whether it was related to having solids early (I started at 3 months) but you never know. My GP said 4 months is fine… Like I said it’s a hot topic these days!

Kim ~ LMAO @ them crying just as you get comfy. When Em keeps doing that I just bring him into bed with me and he normally falls asleep quite well and then I put him back to his cot! I could be developing some nasty habits but I do love those bed time snuggles lol… Your mother sounds excellent and very similar to mine. I was so afraid my mum would be overbearing but she hasn’t been. If anything its been interesting to hear how things were done when I was little. And YAY for the Swans. Now for the Crows to win tomorrow…

Tania ~ I had to laugh when I saw you go offline that last time. I thought – bloody dogs!! Yea someone told me that next time it won’t be so painful for him because it has already cut… please no one correct that if its wrong lol. I would like to live in a little bubble world on that one!! You know how I said Em would be asleep by 12…. Well he was asleep by 10!!! I thought he would wake up during the night but slept through till 6 – he must have been buggared. He woke up at 6 for his bottle and went back to sleep and is still sleeping now!!!

Well I’m going shopping again this afternoon with a friend I haven’t seen in awhile. So I better go and get ready. I’m getting a second opinion on my dresses – might end up taking them back… not sure yet! If I do I will makeup for it this afternoon lol. I think my friend is going to be shocked when she sees Emerson. It has been about a month I think and he changes so quickly!! Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

That's right, thanks Tania I meant to post about the seat too.
    When we had ours installed the man gave us a certificate we do keep in the glovebox, but I don't know about for greenslips??? The RTA will do an inspection I think and they also have a hotline you can ring....theres also a lot of places that do inspections and I think Penrith COuncil runs free ones every so often, but I doubt you would have to because they don't know whether you carry little kids in you car or not. SOmetimes I have one seat and sometimes I have two....greenslips did go up recently to cover childrens injuries though....going to check RTA website....I'll be back!

morning girls
    on the pear subject - i have given Ryan Farex with pear and apricot and he loves it but although Ryan is over 5 months so i don't feel to bad giving him a taste here and there

None of you should feel bad anyways - it's your choice!

OK so I've looked everywhere about the baby seat certificate and can't find a thing. I asked Cam (highway patrol), he said he's never heard of that either.

I telephoned the NRMA today as that is who our car insurance is with. The nice lady I spoke to said that she had never heard of it, and that Katy is covered through our greenslip anyway. She mentioned that it could be for other insurance companies who insist on certification esp if the car or seat is old or second hand etc. She gave me a number to call during business hours, so I will see how it goes. My BIL was ADAMANT that it was law, but I'll do my bit of research and see. ARGH!!
    Thanks girls for looking.... Okay, BBL as its lunch time and KATY's asleep. Its so hot today I have had to put the aircon on for the first time....
    Oh I have to tell you.... she was getting whingy as she was getting a little hot and tired so I sprayed her in the face with our 'hair' water bottle. It was just on mist. Talk about a Kodak moment! Hilarous! We almost got a giggle out of her.... a l m o s t.

OK this is probably gonig to be a TMI post, so if you're easily grossed out don't read, but I need to know whether to worry or not...

You know I mentioned that one of my nipples was painful, well, this afternoon it got so painful, it hurt to brush my arm over it. THen before the feed I noticed a huge lump just under the nipple. It was almost the size of the nipple itself and it wasn't that big yesterday or even earlier today. Well I started to panic, and thought OMG I've got breast cancer! I started to feel it to check if it was hard or soft and when I squeezed a little bit (remember very sore) a head appeared, so I sqeezed a bit harder (I know I shouldn't have) and you should have seen how much pus came out! Almost a teaspoon full I'd say. The relief was almost instant. But then i had to feed Darcy and she always has both sides, so I washed it with soap and dried it and offered the other side first.
    She didn't seem bothered, but should I worry she might have gotten some pus?
    Should I worry about the lump?What do you think it might be?
    Thanks for those who read, I know it was a bit yuk, but I was a bit freaked out.

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Kim... Why don't you phone the maternal health line, nurse on call or the ABA help line

I'm sure it's all fine... but you will get some reassurance if you can talk to a professional over the phone.
    Last edited by Lea13; September 24th, 2006 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Remove Phone Numbers

Oh Kim you poor thing, yeah phone someone and get some reassurance that all is good. Sounds painful though... Darcy would have let you know if something was different tasting for sure.

Re: solids - I think you're right, some people do think

"yep we're now on solids lets give our dear little one a steak or a sausage to munch on....!"

I am sure Katy would love to get her lips around a piece of pizza he he he... I am just taking it slow. I don't want her to grow up THAT fast...

Yesterday it was just a suck on a milk arrowroot bikky and that was it... Today??? we'll see.

We'll my FIL arrived yesterday so its both MIL and FIL here now. Their puppy had me up at 3am this morning stratching on the garage door and barking needing to go to the loo. Katy went to bed at 9:30 and is still asleep!! I was worried that the dog would wake her, but we were lucky, thank goodness.

Have a good day everyone.

Cheers girls. Thanks for the numbers Jodie, I'll give them a ring. Not anywhere near as sore this morning.

Yay Vic for looking on your own! But did you actually buy anything?????

Well we're off to the markets in town for brekkie this morning and then Cam's party this arvo. Darcy's a little snuffalupagus these days but nothing stopping her from feeding or breathing. Though last night her sheets were soaked through. I have resisted panadol before now, but I gave it to her without even taking her temp. It's just so hot, I wish she had gotten unwell in the cool, poor creature. The last 5 days have been 30+ here. On the upside I've cleaned out all the bulky winter stuff form her drawers....now for some new stuff. LOL

Kim: It sounds similar to what I used to get (only yours sounds bigger) Is it a kinda stinging pain? I've had it twice (although I didn't squeeze it or get pus) The LC or CHN couldn't tell me what it was because it was always gone by the time I had to see them but they said it could be a blocked duct. Def get it checked though esp if it doesn't go away within about 2 or 3 days. Jayden never had a reaction from it but it was bloody sore feeding him LOL. I wouldn't stress there will be a simple explaination. I hope both you and Darcy get better soond.

Was there someone talking about itchy skin a little while ago? My arms have been driving me crazy lately...they are so itchy!! I wonder if its the soap I've been using....You know how you get crappy presents from ppl that don't really know you and they get you soap? I had this pears soap in the cupboard and I wanted to get rid of it so we started using it and I think that might be it but I'm not sure if it started when I started using the soap.....I might try a different one for a week and see what happens.

I have some guy coming to clean my lounge for free today, I think in the hope I buy their $3000 vacuum or whatever it is LOL.

I'll be back later....I'm in the cleaning mood LOL
    Have a great day girls
    oxoxoxo

Well I went shopping and got 2 great new pairs of shoes at bargain prices! So I was very pleased with myself. Had a great afternoon as well. So disappointed the crows lost – its Sydney all the way now!!!

Leanne ~ How cute spraying Kaitlyn with water!! It is soooo cold here – raining and yucky!! Where did the nice weather go?? I wish I could give Em a biscuit but the little buggar bites everything!! And it just breaks. We’ve tried the teething rusks but he tends to stick them straight to the back of his throat lol.

Kim ~ If the lump is painful it is highly unlikely to be cancerous – other then that I have no idea though sorry! I hope Darcy is better soon. I’m so jealous of you warm weather!!

Vic ~ Did you go to that Platinum Link I posted? And have you emailed Kat about your avatar? I can’t wait to see you in cartoon LOL!! I know what you mean re solids and 3 meals a day!! I give Em little tastes of things but never a ‘meal’ as such. YAY for going shopping with no kids! What were you looking for and what did you end up getting?

Tania ~ I love a clean lounge! Have fun cleaning today. I’m weird and I like cleaning and having a clean house LOL. It sounds as though the soap may be the cause of the itch. I hope changing soaps makes it stop.

Ohhhh I’ve got a few exciting things on the go right now. Got my lesson times and day confirmed for swimming lessons for Em and some other stuff happening which is still in the early stages. So I will fill you all in *if* things work out! Well I better get going. Got to get ready for work!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast