Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

Wow Tania that weight gain is huge! Great job Mum!!!

Thanks Jodie and Tanya for those. I'm always interested in what kids call their grandparents. The kids next door to mum call their grandad Mike, cos they couldn't say the proper word and it stuck (His name is Mike).

Darcy is up to 6.7kg which is 300gm in two weeks. I know it plateaus around now but I'm going to see if she'll do 2 1/2hrly feeds tomorrow. The nurse says she should have 6 heavy nappies a day, but she's only up 12 hours in the day so even if I change her 4 times and once over night that's only 5. No point changing her and wasting a nappy is there? She doesn't wee much at night, but I hate those crystals that come out when you leave them on too long so I change her.

Speaking of nappies - she just did the hugest poo! All over her hands, feet, legs, belly, clothes, the lounge, the changetable - EVERYWHERE! And it's yellow and runny because of the zantac- oh it was so gross!

Ooh, and I just sold my aviary on ebay for $250! That's $100 more than the orignal asking price! I'm so stoked. I've never sold anything before - got heaps more though. And Tania I got one of those themometer dummies too!

WTG on selling your Aviary Kim i've run out of stuff i want to get rid of on ebay

must be the day for weigh ins Ryan was 7.9 kgs so yep a rather large lad
    Last edited by Lea13; September 30th, 2006 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Double Post

We had Kaitlyn weighed yesterday and in two weeks she put on almost 500g. She's now 7.3 kg and 65 cm long. She grew 3cm in two weeks. Talk about a growth spurt.

I've been 'saving' her all day. She rolls on her tummy, gets her arm stuck, I fix and then she whinges cause she can't roll back.

In the end I decided I am not going to 'save' her every time. I watched her and she tried for about ten minutes to get herself from her back to her tummy, and in the end she fell asleep on her side. She's been asleep for an hour on the loungeroom floor on her play mat. Classique!!

I've never sold anything on ebay but am sure there's some stuff around here that I could make some $$ on. Is it hard? I am good at buying LOL

Kim: That pooh of Darcy's sounds fantastic. (not) Did you do what I did and spray the air freshener!?? I swear Katy thinks I am weird some times.

Us dutchies call our grandparents Opa and Oma, and Aunties and Uncles are Tanta and Ome. We're just mummy and daddy!

Well done Jayden on your weight gain....

Anyway, better go check and see if Katy's awake and I suppose some form of dinner would be appreciated by my DH when he gets home.

Enjoy your evening girls, and may our babies sleep well tonight.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls,

Well I started Phoebe on formula today *sigh*, I had a terrible night with her. She woke so many times during the night, and was extremely hungry....you would have thought I hadn't fed her all day. The milk just wasn't there and she was screaming on and off for hours in between spurts of sleep. This morning I fed her as normal and seemed quite happy with the amount she got and went off to sleep for 3 hours. She woke around lunch time and just wouldn't latch on, when I did get her to attach she would have a few sucks and start to reject. I tried to express, but NOTHING. I didn't even feel full. She screamed non stop for 20 minutes, but my efforts were in vain and fortunately my DH was home on an RDO to race to the shops to grab some formula. AAAAAHHHHH success, one happy baby.

BBL for an update and personals...

Oh Mummy that's dreadful for you (I mean I'm glad Phoebe is happy but for you it's sad).

I've had a dreadful night too, but I don't know whether she's sick or what. She's so clingy ATM, normally goes off to sleep quite happily by herself, but all night I've had to nurse her to near sleep and then put her down. Thought I might grab an hour this morning when she went down, but of course she only slept 1/2hour. Now she's asleep after another battle and I don't really feel like sleeping. Got a dreadful cold though. So if her throat's as sore as mine I can understand her neediness.

Leanne it wsn't hard to sell on Ebay, pretty easy in fact. Hey Shazz, how do you pay them their money - Ebay I mean? Got a heap more stuff to go when my external harddrive arrives so I can take more piccies. Wow Katy's had a massive developmental spurt this week! Darcy's 65cm long too!

Cam's got 4 arvos over the weekend so looking forward to the time on my own.

Felt like using a different colour.

Kim you poor things with your colds. It is hard when your bub is feeling off, but when you are too it makes it 100% worse. If you need anything pls call.

Katy sure has had a good week. The amount of 'firsts' she's had is amazing. I can't stop her rolling. She's going around everywhere. She's realised how to get her arm out, only took her a day . I wonder what new surprises she has in store for us today. Hopefully it won't be long and she's learn how to get from her tummy back onto her back....

Tania, did you end up going shopping. If so, any exciting purchases?

Would love to hear some of the funny things everyone's bubs are up to. Perhaps just one 'funny' or 'stand out' moment from the last week. I could do with a few laughs.

Mummy, what formula do you have Phoebe on? How long is she now? It would be amazing if the three '9 May' girls were all the same length.

Anyway my load of towels is done so better go hang them up. It's probably not even worth it as it's so overcast today.

Enjoy your grand final Fridays everyone. (not that I'm into footy but that's what Koshy and Mel called it this morning. he he he)

BBL

Morning Girls,

Kim ~ I felt pretty dreadful and guilty putting Phoebe on Formula, but she was hungry and these past few days has been very unhappy....which just isn't like her. I have to think positively about it, I made the decision for her. She was gradually starting to show the signs that Samuel did at the same age. Putting him on formula was the best thing for him. I was really hoping that I wouldn't run into the same problems, but unfortunately it was beyond my control. I couldn't continue BFing because it was more convenient for me, I had to think about her health (particularly her poor weight gain). She is so little compared to the other May babies, weighing in at only 5.19kgs. She is happy and content again and with that should come some decent weight gains. In the end Breast is Best, just wasn't working for us.

Leanne ~ I have put Phoebe on Karicare starter formula, the same as I used for Samuel. I really like it as it never caused any constipation for him. I wouldn't have a clue how long she is. The nurse that did the immunisation was a little slack this time, she only did the injections and weighed her. Phoebe is going in to see the doctor for a full check up, so I will find out then.

Never ~ She is definately happier, but I think it will take some adjusting for me. But I know I will get there....my DH is so supportive, so that makes it a little easier.

Take Care, BBL
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; September 29th, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

No prob Vic, if Dylan can figure out how to get here, him and Darcy can be cranky overtired buggars together. Well actually him, Darcy and I.

WHY WON'T SHE GO TO SLEEP?????? Her belly's full, her backside's dry, it's not too hot...I wish she could speak. She just wants to cuddle. Not sleep and cuddle, just cuddle and walk around.

OK mummy, are you a platinum member? How did you get the mood thingy to come up???
    Last edited by Lea13; September 29th, 2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Double Post

Kim you must be having better luck then me... at least you can post. This monster of mine wouldn't even let me sit down before... just trying to get dressed now.

i will try and get in for personals later....

Scrappy ~ no I'm not a platinum member (unfortunately), in the top right hand corner under Welcome, last visit and private messages is MY MOOD, click on the downward facing arrow and click on how you are feeling.

Nope, not there for me. Gee I wish it was.

Nat I am commiserating with you. This is the first time today I've been able to do anything. Should she be going through some milestones about now?

....she's awake again!

PS sorry about the double post Nat, I forgot.

Kim~ i pay my ebasy fees wiv th my credit card szxxxxxxxc(help[ from ryan i'm trying to feed him and he is kicking the keyboard )
    and i don't have the mood things either ripped off

OK Vic well I'm not a computer nerd - wish I was but what do you mean by browser? Do you mean explorer or netscape? I use explorer and don't have netscape. I also tried it in the default setting...but nothing.

I got some of the new huggies today. They don't seem as 'thick' and the tabs and sides aren't as long. Anyone else tried em? Hope they're still ok cos I haven't found anything else that will contain the poo.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; September 29th, 2006 at 06:54 PM.

Hey kim no matter what i've tried i can't get the Moods so i hope you have better luck, how is darcy going ?

The moods are nuts. I have no idea whats going on with them. I thought they were a platinum feature and then I say Mummy4Life with them...

Em is draining right now. Barely getting time to shower and eat again. We seem to have a few good days and then a few bad days. The bottom line is I hate teeth... lmao

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!! Why won't she go to sleep??? This is my second night with an hour only:eek: and the flu is really really bad. sob story I know, but I was just about ready to throw her last night. I was going to ring Cam but he can't do anything for her and has never gotten up to her yet. It's just soooo frustrating. She is always wrapped but she's so strong and has started fighting, kicking and punching. So yesterday afternoon I left her unwrapped. Well she thinks it's time to play then. That went on for an hour and then she fights the sheets anyway and gets distressed. So I wrapped her with one arm out, but she takes the dummy out then. Even if I nurse her to sleep (I never usually do that) she wakes up in an hour screaming and inconsolable. I've tried panadol, but that doesn't seem to do much. Might go and get some brauers teething stuff. Don't know what else to do......

I don't know how many weeks she is but is she supposed to do something around now? Could that be why she's unsettled? She's also upped two feeds a day. Have had to feed her late in the evening and I don't usually and an extra during the day. But even feeding she fights - she's still sucking and wants it but kicks and pushes me and pulls by boob....

She doesn't seem to roll anymore either. You don't think it's because she feel and landed on her head do you?

Just got Little Em off to sleep so I figured I’d come in and catch up on some personals finally!

Vic ~ LOVE the new AV – I kept pestering Kat to show me when she had finished LOL. She had a bit of trouble getting all the kids in there but managed in the end! I hope you like it! LMAO @ not getting TMX Elmo. You made me laugh out loud when I read that comment. And OMG @ you having 2 teething…

Leanne ~ Yay for Katy rolling all the time! LOL @ saving her all the time as well. I was doing that with Em until I got sick of it and just pottered around the house while he squirmed. He soon figured it out! What a growth spurt she had as well! She’s bigger then Em now! LOL just read that Katy worked out how to get her arm out!

Mummy4Life ~ You have done a wonderful job with BF Phoebe so far. It sounds as though you have made the right choice if she is more happier and content already. What percentile is she in?

Kim ~ Damn about the picnic being cancelled. What a shame. I hope you’re both feeling better soon.LMAO @ Darcy’s poo though – did you take photos lmao? Congrats on selling the aviary as well. That is amazing!! Nice work! And you’re looking forward to time on your own… I remember a certain someone craving company lmao!! If you’re unhappy with the new Huggies go to their website and they’ve got a section where you can lodge comments about them. Try googling Wonder Weeks in regards to ‘fussy periods’ apparently the following are rough guidelines (either before or after but thereabouts IYKWIM):

• 5 weeks
    • 8 weeks
    • 12 weeks
    • 17 weeks
    • 26 weeks (6 months)
    • 36 weeks
    • 44 weeks
    • 53 weeks (around 12 months).
    Em is now 19 weeks. She probably isn’t rolling now because she’s so unsettled and upset. I’m sure the bump on the head has nothing to do with it. If you’re worried though take her to the Dr – if only to ease your mind. With the feeding it sounds like her teeth to me. That is exactly what is doing (thank god we have a bottle lol the way he chomps down on that teat!) I am no expert though. Are her gums hard?

Shazz ~ Ryan is definitely a good size lol. What is his length? It is amazing how they can all be similar heights and weights and yet look so different. Em is the smallest with Lucas (brother) in the middle and Liam (cousin) the biggest and they are all so different even though they’re only a few hundred grams and cms apart from each other!

Tania ~ The icecream was Peters very yummy indeed! Yea I didn’t think that it would hurt less when it was cutting the second time round – would have been nicer for him though. Congrats on Jaydens weight gain! That is excellent!

Jodie ~ LMAO @ cleaning the house before the cleaner comes. I know so many people that do that! That is a great price for 3 hours though and it would be so handy to have done. 200g is still good after a huge weight loss in the first week. My friend just joined and lost 3.3kgs in the first week!

We had our 4 month check and Em is now 6.87kgs and 64cm long. Surprisingly enough he is only 200g lighter and 1.5cm shorter then his brother at 4 months. The nurse had to double check as she can’t believe how much he has grown length wise since birth. Did I mention he had another tooth cut at the front? Well it went back down again… Stupid teeth lol!

I had a chat with Kellee on MSN yesterday as well. She is flat out with her brothers wedding and gigs and promises to be on more when the wedding is over (which is week after next I believe…) Toby is going really well but they are struggling to get him to take EBM from a bottle when she is at gigs. Ummmm… just trying to remember our conversation lol. Actually just bought it up on history lol. They are coming up to the silly season (Christmas) which is busy for them being musicians. I tried to update her on everyone as she couldn’t get into BB. But the good news is she is alive and well lmao…

Ok I think that is a huge enough post and is probably making everyone’s head spin! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast