Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

Just a quick update - though will probably jinx myself. She's asleep and has woken an hour after I put her to bed (as she normally does) and went back off straight away - so here's hoping....

Today was better, not great but better. She slept when she normally sleeps just for shorter times, but that's ok. I'm sticking with the routine and the wrapping so it's familiar and secure for her.
    I did google that thanks nat, good thinking.
    Cam went to the Darrel Lea factory today and bought me a 1kg bag of seconds - yummo, but don't even really feel like them. Going to scrapbook instead.

Well we had a huge day today. Decided to clean up all my craft stuff, and then got sidetracked half way and started cleaning out some clothes etc in Kaitlyn's room, while in the middle of that started looking for some 'missing fabric'. As you can imagine by the end of the afternoon the house looked like someone had ransacked it, so I've just finished putting things in some sort of order. LOL

I never did find the missing fabric though. Oh well.

Katy's been a miserable little one today too, I don't know what it is. Maybe it is teething, cause as soon as put some bonjela on it was smiles, then a big vomit and then sleep. Do babies spew more when they are teething or am I just lucky?

Kim you poor thing, I hope Darcy sleeps well for you again soon, especially as you have all not been well of late. If you want me to look after her for a little bit and you get a good sleep over here, c'mon down. Kaitlyn's been great the last two weeks or so, it's like someone has swapped my baby. She goes down at about 8 or 9 and then sleeps until 6 - 8. One or two times she's woken hungry at 4 but that's when she only manages 4 bottles instead of five. The Child care nurse thinks I should be feeding her more cause of the dropped bottle, but she still seems content and she's putting on weight.

Any thoughts.

How many bottles are you all having (or your babies rather), and how much? Kaitlyn held the bottle all by herself today, it was so cute.

Anyway off to bed for me. I have my BIL and SIL and the new bub, my other BIL, SIL and their three kids, My cousin her DH and their two kids all coming for lunch tomorrow. They're coming to see the new baby I think.
    Thank goodness it's only a sausage sandwich and a bit of spud salad! I don't think I could handle anymore.

I am picking up with my PND ~ have an appt with the clinical psych next Wed. Was not sure if I had mentioned it. I am pretty nervous about it.

Okay, now I am really going.
    Nite...!

Afternoon Girls....

Sorry have been MIA...This is the first time i have been able get onto BB. The pages just won't load for me and when i can load the pages it won't let me post. Don't know what is going on. Anyways....

We are all going fine. Briley is good. She has been having heaps of issues with her gums lately though. I think i might have to buy some bongella or something to rub on there for her when they are sore. I don't think she is teething but they must just be coming up and down on her. She is rolling a little now. She looks up and turns her head and tries to push off her back legs. She is such a sticky beak!! She look around everywhere behind her now when she is layin on the ground. It's so cute. She also LOVES the t.v!! Always twisting her head around to see what is on!! I prop her up on the lounge next to me sometimes so she can watch with me. She has also really started laughing....it is the cutest thing i have ever heard. She and I were just laughing at each other the other day. I was in tears i was laughing and crying that hard. I was really emotional....

The farm is going well. My rooster has dissappered though. Not sure what happened too him. I went in to the chicken pen to let them all out and he normally hides under the mulberry bush but he was'nt there. That was a couple of days ago so i think he might be gone for good. We are having a really big house warming on the 21st Oct. It will be a hungi dinner....YUM YUM!!! I can't wait. We are having 2 big bomb fires aswell. Real bushies party!! Lots of the fruits are starting to come on now. 2 of the avocado trees are chockas. The grapes are starting to come on now too. And there are sh*t loads of blossoms on the mango trees. We are going to be busy bee's anyhow.

Shazz - Great to hear that Ryan is growing nicely. I was thinking..."Jeez Briley must be a small baby", cause most of the babies here a way bigger than Briley. But then i remember a lot of them are much older than her too.

Kim - Sorry to hear that you were having drama's with Darcy. Is this the first time she has been sick?? She probably does'nt have the energy to roll over at the moment. Briley was really irritable when she was sick. She did'nt drink much either while she was sick. She just slept heaps. I felt for her heaps. They all have to go through it i suppose.

Nat - I can't believe Em is nearly 5 months already. All the babies in here are getter older so quick. Briley seem to be taking forever!! Is he teething too?? Good to hear that Kellee is going ok. I wondered what happened to her. She has been quiet.

Leanne - Great to hear that you are going well with your PND. I always do that with the cleaning thing. I start on one thing and then get distracted by another and then by the time i finish there is crap everywhere i am worse off then when i started!! Briley goes to bed at about 9ish but her last bottle is about 7/8ish and she sleeps through till 7.She always has about 270mls though. She never has less than that. I would say she probably has about 4-5 bottles a day. She only has that many bottles cause she has such big amounts. She drank 330ml the other day. I could'nt believe it!!

Mummy - You should'nt feel bad about putting Phoebe on formula. If she was'nt getting enough and was'nt settling then it was the best option. I wished could've b/f Briley for longer. But she just was'nt latching on properly. I was making plenty of milk. But my boobs and nipples are naturally really big so when i was b/f they were huge and she just could'nt get in there to feed properly. I really hope to be able to do it next time though. Good luck with it all.

Vic - I feel for you mate!! 2 babies teething....you must be pulling your hair out. Sometimes i feel really bombarded with just Briley. How do you do it with 4??? I want 4 kids too but!! You must get a lot of support from your hubby hey?? Well goodluck with it all mate...

Sorry if i missed out on anyone. Hope that all is well with you all.

We go for our 4 month needles on Thursday which i am a little apprensive about. I hope and that she is having a good day that day and she might handle it all well. I will get her weighed and all that as well to see how she is going.

I will be back on tomorrow some time to see how everyone is going. Talk to you all then.

Ciao

Cheers Leanne. Was actually thinking of ringing you yesterday - not for a rest, just for a visit. Glad I didn't - you would've gotten nowhere! I have no idea about vomiting and bonjella, but I do know two little girls (sisters) who are allergic to it, so I'm not real keen to try it. Brauers make a teething reliever too. I relation to the bottles, I'm no help with that either but Darcy has gone from 6 to 8 feeds in 24rs. No idea how much she's getting. You're the person I usually ask about bottles and how much.

Oh Sara, I wish we had a farm. I love all that stuff. Yes it is the first time Darcy's been really unwell. She's drinking more often though. Very much more irriatable. If she can see me and she's not with me, she cries. Even when Cam stands at the front door with her (she usually loves looking outside) she was craning her neck to find me today.

Vic - sounds like you need a bottle or five of wine - I bet you wish the next few teething years were over.

Last night was better. Only got up 40 instead of 60 times LOL. Did get a couple more hours sleep though. So did Darcy, she felt great at 5 and wanted to get up! Woohoo! Not! She has been happier and easier to settle today though. Even happy right before bed tonight, which is unusual. She has quite a bit of new found dexterity and has also discovered tags on her toys and spends ages staring at them. Maybe it is a learning week. Stupid cradle cap is still terrible though and I've tried everything everone has suggested and a combination of it all.

Hehehe my mum askd me today what I was having for dinner tonight and told me I couldn't have spagetti on toast again, what about an omlette? I told her I'd had that the night before. Lucky she can't see what I am having....I'm about to finish off a packet of water crackers with sweet chilli philly and then I'm going to take the diet coke and pink timtams to bed to do my crossword!

Hope whichever team you barrack for does well this weekend. My poor team lost by ONE POINT!!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

HELP....someone has switched babies on me (lol) Phoebe is doing fantastic. Although I am still able to BF her, usually during the night and the first feed of the day, which is good. My DH has even commented on how easy she is to settle and how well she is sleeping. I always believed that she was a good sleeper and feeder (when she wanted to be), but she is better than good now....I didn't think you could get any better. She is a different little girl, God I could rant about this for days, but I won't. (lol)

Nat ~ Phoebe's percentile at the moment is 10, which isn't really good considering that at 1 month it was 50. Samuel was 50 at 1 month, 10 at 4 months and 3 at 5 months (it was at this stage that he went on to formula). So I guess if I had persisted BFing with little miss, then in a months time she could has possibly been at 3. So I definately have made the right decision. (Phoebe has turned in to a little piggy, I'll get her weighed soon and I bet I will be shocked)....I remember reading in a post of yours from maybe a week ago, you were going to a scrapbooking party, how did that go? Was it Creative Memories? by any chance or a different one. Have you seen those wooden little display albums?? I have just made one for Phoebe, I really enjoyed making it....it was a nice change. Do Em and his brother look alike?

Scrappy ~ mmmmm Sweet Chilli Philly......PINK TIMTAMS????

Oops nearly forgot, talking about teething....no no not little miss (YET), but Samuel has been teething for the past two weeks. He has had that horrible, green, thick snot thing happening. No other symptoms of a cold or virus. Apparently this is common for this age. I managed to get a look in his mouth and his four back 2nd molars are cutting there way through. Doesn't seem to bother him, but the snotty nose bothers me, it's disgusting. Especially when he licks it (sorry girls alittle tooooo much info on that one). Anyway this is the 4th time since Feb they have tried to make there appearance. 4th time lucky!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOU KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT....the transition to formula was fairly easy, just my emotions get in the way. I guess that is something that will get better with time.

Take Care. X
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; October 1st, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

So glad you're feeling better Mummy and that Phoebe is great. The pink timtams are a breast cancer support thingy. They taste very pink IYKWIM.

Well we were up from about 9.30 until she finally wnet to sleep at 2.30....and guess what? I couldn't go to sleep. Of course she woke at 4........can't do this much longer.

Oh Kim you poor thing, I wonder why Darcy's doing this to you.... Anything I can do, pls let me know. I know how hard it is to not have much sleep.

Mummy, I am glad to hear that Phoebe is doing alot better. Keep it up Phoebe! And Samuel with his goobies. Sounds yummy. LOL Can't wait for that stage of teething...

Well our BBQ went surprisingly well. I managed to stay pretty level headed. One of my nieces did not come as she has the chicken pox. Is there a chance that Katy can get them now, as my other niece and nephew (aged 4 and 2) were here and they might be carriers, and they could not stay away from Katy. I admit that I am a little worried.

My DH said that my BIL is still wound up at the fact that my SIL had to have a caesar. "impersonal and invasive" are the words I think he used. I don't get it. Nothing can change the fact, or am I not be empathetic enough? Or is it because Katy was born naturally and I just don't understand. Pls let me know if I am missing something.

I'm feeling really drained after yesterday actually. Last night I could not sleep as my head was going 100 km/hr and I kept tossing and turning. Ended up coming out at about 2 and ate the last piece of pav. How disgusting is that!

Anyway, I've got to go clean the house after yesterday, and sheets to wash.

Be back later to see how you are and a few more personals.

Morning Ladies,

Scrappy ~ Sorry to hear about the dramas you are having with Darcy. When things like this happen, it's hard to know what to do. How is the scrapbooking going??? I can't really talk as I have been a bit slack of late, except I did paint up and decorate with pics of Phoebe and embellishments....a little wooden album.

Leanne ~ I hope that Katy doesn't get the chicken pox. The vaccination for it is now available on the schedule, but at 18 months unfortunately. Samuel has had the vaccination, I just hope I can get little miss to 18 months with out getting it. I wouldn't expect a male to understand c-sections. How does SIL feel about it, words like that can impact on her. He really needs to be more understanding. Of course it is invasive, it's major surgery, but impersonal ???? I have had 2 c-sections and without the support of my DH, family and friends I may have felt negative about the how thing, but I felt positive and didn't dwell on what wasn't to be. Healthy baby, that is the most important. mmmmmm Pav at 2.

Well I should really get to it and get some housework done. DH is working today, Public Hol here so double time, yeah....visitors later today, so I guess I should get happening.

Take Care. X

Afternoon Girl...

Thought i would just pop my head in and see how everyone is going. It's pretty quiet in here today though. Briley is being difficult today. She is sleeping now, but before she just kept crying and crying for no reason. She had a clean bum, just had a bottle, I was giving her the dummy to chew on cause she kept putting her fists in her mouth gnawing on them. She just would'nt settle so i held her and she fell asleep. So maybe she just wanted some affection. Brent is on n/s tonight so she and him are sleeping. Gives me a bit of down time.

Still having issues Kimmy....i hate it when your trying to sleep and my mine just won't rest. Your body is telling you...SLEEP SLEEP!! But your mind won't agree!! I wish there was something i could do but we are about 25 hours away from each other!! I will just be here to support you if you need to talk.

Ohhh well...I will be back later to check on any progress that me might have made!!

Happy 4th month for tomorrow Briley

Well I'll progress Sara, just waiting for TopGear, Greys Anatomy and the Biggest Loser to start. I figure if I go to bed late, then I probably won't even get there, which is better than getting woken after you've just gone to sleep.

Mummy I'm actually getting some sb done! Nealry finished my wedding album (2nd anniversary on Monday...). I just do little bits and pieces when i have five seconds - probably get heaps more done if I turned the puter off LOL.

Leanne you-re not missing anything about the ceasar - selfish and singleminded springs to mind about your BIL - everythings' how you choose to perceive it. I had a c-sec with great result! It was the other issues that made it difficult!

Tried to have a bath tonight and shave my legs, but had to do it in three stages to go and settle Darcy LOL. The things we do! I even put cream on though! Next goal is to paint my toenails.

my mum's just rung in tears telling me she thinks my old dog Jack is dying (like tonight). He's deaf and blind and has had cancer and is allergic to the grass and has been incontinent for a while. Tonight he's very quiet and off his food. He even laid down to eat the icecream mum gave him. He is 13 so he's had a long life but i hope he waits til I get there tomorrow....

OK, so I have been in to settle Darcy AT LEAST 15 times since 6.30 - no exaggeration. I have nursed her to sleep twice......the prospect of sleep tonight is not lookin good....sigh

Evening Girls,

Sara ~ I too have the same prob, I get into bed, really tired and I want to go to sleep and my mind is going a thousand miles an hour. HAPPY 4TH MONTH BRILEY for tomorrow....

Kim ~ wow, nearly finished your wedding album.....I'm soooo ashamed, I have been married gone 5 years and I haven't even started on that one. I too could get a lot more done if I turned the computer off, but that will never happen. Good one on the bath, was it nice and relaxing?? Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he hangs on until tomorrow...how sad for you. So Darcy isn't behaving herself tonight....no sleep for mummy then. Phoebe has stirred a few times tonight, but she is overtired so that's why. We had visitors and she just wanted to be in on the action instead of sleeping...I can understand that.

Take Care X
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; October 2nd, 2006 at 09:25 PM.

Morning All! No rest for the wicked! We co slept much of last night, not ideal, but at least I got a couple of hours....

Yes Mummy you have inspired me! I've even cleaned my desk! And Leanne's put me onto digital scrapbooking so I'm even doing that too!

Well we're off to our first local mothers group today!

Kim - good to hear that you were able to get a couple of hours at least.
    Enjoy your mother's group.
    Would love to see what you've been doing with your scrapbooking.

Today we're having a quiet one. Tomorrow I'm off to visit my Oma and on Thursday we are going into town to visit some work friends. We were going to train it in my my DH said no way so we'll drive in.

Katy had her last bottle at 8 last night and is still asleep. So is my DH, so it's nice and quiet. Sometimes I have to go check to make sure she's still breathing cause she's sleeping so long.

As she's started teething, I wonder how long it will last.

Have a good day everyone
    BBL.

OHHHHHH...Thanks girls!! Briley says thankyou and here's a hug

Well....lastnight was'nt a normal night...Well it started off noraml until i made a big mistake. I was still awake at 9.30pm and Briley was asleep on the lounge like every other night and i though i'd wake her to give her a bottle so that she would'nt wake so early and i would get a little bit of a sleep in. Silly me. She would'nt wake up so i just put her to bed. About 20mins later she woke so i made her the bottle. She finished it and i decided it was time for bed for both of us. I gave her the dummy and tucked her and then climbed into bed myself. Well she had other ideas. She kicked the blanket off and spat the dummy about 10 times. I just kept going in and putting the dummy back in and tucked her in and leaving the room but she just kept be naughty!! She finally decided she would sleep at about 11.30pm. She kept waking all night though. I ended up just putting her in with us at about 5.00am. So i was tired as and she decided she wanted to be awake as early as 7.00am. Poor old Brent had only just got home from n/s at 4.00am. So i had to get up at 7.30am after perservering with her. It was my fault. I should'nt have woken her up. Should've just left her and got up early instead of thinking about sleeping in. Oh well you learn from your mistakes i suppose.

Sorry about my big sob story, I know there are some of you that have it WAY worse than me.

So today i am just going to bum round the house. Briley is sleeping at the moment. Brent is up and around the yard but i know he is still really tired.

Hope everyone else has had a much better start to the day.

BBL

Hi all just popping in for a quick hello, don't have time now though, will catch up soon. Lachlan is cracking atm!!!!!

Oh Sara, that's exactly what Darcy's been doing so I feel for you.

I put up the obligatory fornightly inlaw visit today and of course they have to get in her face and overstimulate, but Cam's got to show off when they're here so he only compounds it. So now I've got someone finding it very hard to relax and fall asleep. She so much prefers you just to talk quietly and sing and offer her toys and just carry her round. She's hardly ticklish but they feel she must be tickled and thrown and jiggled. She hates it and reaches out for me every time......

Welcome back Sheree!

WTG Katy with the sleeping!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast