Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

hi every body just popping in quickly before bed to say Hi and welcome back Sheree
    we had another shocker last night enough that we had to banish daddy to the lounge so we could co sleep safely Ryan has a rotten runny nose and a bit of a temp ( we thinks finally some teeth might show up ) so atm all he wants is his mum i'm absolutely knackered i think i got an hour last night then off to work this morning but he did get a good sleep in today at CC he slept for 3 hours STRAIGHT ( they even wheeled his cot out of the nursery into the middle of the play room where it is so noisey i can barely hear myself think omg why can't he do that for me ) any way so we will see how tonight goes i'm hanging on to a smidge of hope for a good one

Evening all....

Well it's not a good start to the night. Its 8.40pm and Briley is still awake and is in a whingy mood. I am hoping and we don't have a repeat performance of last night. My sister is giving her a bottle now. She has a fresh bum. So hopefilly once she is done with the feeding she will be ready to go to bed for mummy.

It's quite funny how a lot, or even most of us, are experiencing the same things with our babies. I notice that a lot in most of our posts. We are going through similar phases. At least we all know how the other is feeling and we can sympathise each other.

Ok....well i'm going to try and get and early night. My sister Natallie and her b/f Matthew have come up too the farm with their 4 wheeler for the night. Natallie and I had a bit of a burn around this afternoon. Was fun!!

Anyways....talk to you all tomorrow...

Ciao

What a busy weekend!! I went out Saturday night and worked a full day on Sunday. Then we lazed around Monday and went for a nice walk and basically just enjoyed the public holiday and the good weather. Today I have been cleaning and I even washed my car…

I was about to clean out my wardrobe to bring out some summer stuff and reorganize so I popped Em on the tri pillow in the middle of the bed. Walked out and back in a minute later and he was asleep. So so cute!! Don’t want to disturb him so I thought I’d post a bit rather then moving around in there!

Kim ~ Yummo @ Darrel Lea seconds!! And OMG at your dinner the other night. Substitute the water crackers for flavoured rice crackers and the diet coke for normal and I swear that was what I had lmao!! I can’t believe Sydney lost… and by one point!! Do you watch Greys? I’m an avid fan – I love it!! Haha @ having a bath etc in 3 stages – I shaved my legs that way the other day as well. I treated myself to some fabo new Body Shop products which I can’t wait to get. I decided it was time to focus a bit on me! I painted my toenails last Tuesday. They need to be done again already though! I hope you got to see your dog today! How do you do digital scrapbooking? And what do you do with the end product? I cannot for the life of me work out why Darcy is so unsettled? I’ve thinking about you and her and I can’t think of any reason LOL. I hope she settles back down for you soon. Maybe it is a learning week like you said. How did mothers group go? My step-dad used to jiggle Em and I’d tell him not – then he got chucked up on a few times which put an end to the jiggling LOL.

Mummy ~ It def sounds as though you made the right decision re switching to FF when you look at her percentile. Some bubs always have a small percentile – its when they start decreasing that you have to worry. How is it going? My scrap booking party is this week so I will report back in and let you know how it goes. It costs $5 and you bring 6 – 8 photos for a 2 page spread. I’m really excited. Hopefully it will kick start things again as well seeing as I haven’t done any in a few weeks! Do you have a digital camera? You should set up a photobucket site and load up some pics of your scrap booking and that wooden album (which sounds adorable!). I would love to see some of your work!

Leanne ~ LMAO – you sound like me when I’m reorganizing! Em hasn’t spewed more lately so you may just be lucky lol. Em has held the bottle a few times but nothing to flash. I have stopped counting his bottles now days. *I think* he would have about 5 bottles a day 2x 120ml, 2x 180ml and the last one is a variable between the two lol. Good luck with your appt tomorrow. That is great that the BBQ went well. I’m not sure about what your BIL said… maybe he was referring to their treatment by hospital staff or the way things were handled?? I sure hope he isn’t referring to the c-section itself. LOL @ pav at 2 in the morning!

Sara ~ Re loading pages – Kellee had the same problem. I’m not sure what it is…The laughter is just adorable. Em gets some real good chuckles happening and we will go to the ends of the earth to keep them going lol! Did you find your rooster lol? I can’t believe that Em is almost 5 months as well – mainly because its so close to 6 months which is ½ a year!!! I’m sure Briley will be fine with her jabs – best of luck though. I have woken Em a few times before and paid for it as well! The 4 wheeler sounds like a blast! I hope Briley sleeps for you tonight!

Sheree ~ Hi hun good to hear from you!

Shazz ~ big hun. I hope he sleeps better for you tonight.

I’m so busy lately! We have lunch and dinner plans for the next 4 days!! :eek: And then work on Sunday!! I did have plans today but cancelled so I could get some housework done because I know how busy we are going to be.

Emerson has started getting up on his knees now… He doesn’t stay there long at all and only succeeds in pushing himself backwards rather then forwards but he’s improving. I’d be one proud mumma if he started crawling soon though at the same time I’m really quite content for him to stay babylike for a bit longer. I’ve been kidding myself though and must go and swap my Infant size nappies for the Crawler ones… Oh and Gordon taught Em a great new trick over the weekend. He will now grab your nose and mouth when you ask him where they are! I thought it was a fluke at first but when his in the mood he loves to do it!! We are working on eyes and ears now lol.

Ok that is it from me – one mammoth post… sorry if it hurts your eyes!!!

Afternoon Girls

Last night was shocker again. Briley just would'nt settle. She did'nt even go to sleep when she normally does at about 6pm. She stayed up till about 9.00pm then i gave her a bottle and put her too bed and she would'nt sleep. I just kept doing what i did the night before but she would'nt go down. She finally did at about 10.30pm. She then woke every couple of hours crying again. Brent came home at 3.15am and she started crying just after he came to bed and i asked him to go to her (which he did god love him!!) and then he said to me thismorning that he had got up several times after that cause i would'nt wake up. And i was even getting up and down thismorning so she must've really been playing up. I even brang her into our bed and she laid there and just looked around for ages and then whinged until i got up at 8.00am so Brent could get some sleep. It seems as if she just does'nt want to sleep. Hopefully all goes back to normal soon.

Well its really quiet in here today is'nt it....We are just mucking around in the yard today. We took Briley out thismorning in her hat and she looked so cute. My sister watched Briley while Brent and I had a bit of a cruise around the yard on the 4 wheeler!!

Nat - OH MY GOD :eek: I cannot believe Emerson is trying to crawl already. Man he is fast mover. He's going to be into everything before you know it!! Briley has been into crawler nappies for about a month now...How much does Em weigh?? Brileey should be over 6kg by now. I am getting her weighed tomorrow when she has her naughty needles!!

My ticker does'nt make sense. How can she be 3 months 4 weeks and 1 day!! Should'nt she be 4 months and 1 day????

Ohh well better get back and do some cleaning....

to everyone else...hope you are all having a good day...

BBL

Sara months don't have 28 days sillybilly!

Oh no they must've been talking to each other.....I'm up to shocking night 6 and I think 7's on it's way. I can really understand how disturbed people can hurt their babies....don't panic I'm not like that, but it's so so so so frustrating. At least Brent gets up for you Sara, Cameron hasn't once yet.

Shazz we've been co sleeping too.

Now young Nat, you're going to have to ask your questinos with numbers....
    I didn't get to see Jack, mum took him to the vet on her own. But at least he's comfortable now.
    I don't know yet what I';m going to do with the digi s/b, my sister prints them out 8x8, but I figure it's a way to use the photos I probably wouldn't scrap. I did make her christening invites with it though and when I get them I'll show you.
    Mothers group was nice, only 5 women (inc me) and 2 of them are policemen's wives! Small world. Darcy was the oldest, don't know why we didn't get called before. All the other babies are bang on 3 months, and my big girl will be 5 months on Monday. Glad she's not little any more though.
    I don't know why she won't sleep either. It's driving me INSANE!!!
    Wow Em is progressing! I'm kidding myself about sizes too. Darcy still fits into 000 but their just getting a smidge short....don't want her to go up a size....
    well I'm off to tidy up before the nightlong battle begins......

Miss Darcy ~ SLEEP it is good for you and your mummy !!!!!

Sara ~ i go by the date Ryan was born on instead of weeks now it is too confusing so Ryan will be 6 months on the 18th October

Ryan slept reasonably well last night he has a shocking runny nose and is finding it really hard to drink properly hope it get better soon

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Evening Girls,

Not much to report here....Phoebe is going well, which is good. She is a little miss piggy though. I can't believe how much she can put away, anyone would think that she has NEVER been fed in her short little life. She is definately putting on the weight now. Madly trying to get everything organised for my little man's 3rd birthday. I'm sort of regretting the amount of people I invited. My DH said that I would, but I don't listern to him.....of course.

I'm off to read and post in some other threads and then I'll turn off the computer and do some scrapbooking. Yeah right TURN OFF the computer!!!!

Take Care. X

morning all
    hope you are all well we are off to the Mchn in a wee bit to get weighed and just a general check up then we are going to hire over the hedge and sit down for a bludge day yay BBL

Morning girls…I’ll attempt personals, but there are quite a few LOL
    HAPPY 4MTHS BRILEY!!

Kim: WTG Darcy with your weight gain!! I wouldn’t worry about the amount of nappies, I usually only change Jayden when I’m about to feed him (or extra if he does a poo) and that might only be 5 times in a day..OMG @ Darcy’s poo…(glad it was you and not me haha) WTG with selling your aviary…I have heaps of things to go on Ebay but haven’t got around to it yet. The moods aren’t there for me either . I have used those new huggies too and didn’t really like them…they are almost hipsters for babies LOL…didn’t keep the poo in so we went up to crawlers. Jayden kicks and pushes me all the time when he’s feeding…the only time we have a peacefull feed is when he is half asleep! Jayden has pretty much stopped rolling too, maybe because they know they can do it they don’t need to do it anymore LOL. Sorry to hear about Jack…that is awful!! I would be devastated if I lost either of my dogs (as annoying as they can be sometimes hehe). Co sleeping isn’t bad…esp when you need to get some sleep, your no good to Darcy if you’re a walking zombie! Poor Darcy with the inlaws….Jayden gets it too, he just opens his eyes and he’ll have someones head in the pram…saying (loudly) “ Oh your awake now…are you hungry, what are you doing?” etc etc poor kid doesn’t know whats hit him! Jayden is mainly in size 000 but he can still fit into 0000 bodysuits and some pants and he can fit into some 00 tshirts and shorts. He is wearing a 00 tshirt today that says “the new Robbie” Its so cute!! I’ll get pics and put on his website.

Shazz: OMG @ Ryan’s weight!! He is older than the other babies though so it figures, but let us know how he went today. Poor Ryan with his teeth!! I guess all our babies are going through pretty much the same things, I hope he settles for you soon.

Leanne: Kaitlyn has got good weight behind her too…What percentile is all our babies on? Jayden has just jumped back up to 25th percentile….he had dropped to the 5th from the 25th. I did go shopping that day (ages ago) I can’t remember if I bought anything though…knowing me I would have LOL. I have bought Jayden floaties, a blowup seat for the pool, rashie, shorts and sunnies….I’m sure there is more but I can’t think right now hehe. My cleaning ends up turning the entire house upside down and worse off than when I had begun LOL….I’m getting better with it though, I’m going through my filing cabinet ATM….I can’t believe how old some things are…I found the receipt from the first car I bought!! How did you go at clinical psych? That was yesterday right? There is nothing better than pav…esp at 2am LOL

Mummy: Well done with your decision with FF, it’s a hard decision to make but by the sounds of it, it was the right one. Have you had her weighed again…I’d be interested to know how much of a difference the formula has made. You have to try the pink timtams they are delicious!! Hopefully not everyone will turn up to Samuel’s party haha good luck with organizing it though

Vic: We are getting a TMX Elmo for xmas….I know I will get sick of it too haha ahh well I’ll just take the batteries out LOL. Poor you having both Adam and Mel teething….Jayden is really just starting and its bad enough (hate to see when he actually cuts a tooth!).

Nat: Em is nearly 1kg heavier than Jayden LOL and 2cm longer….we are catching up slowly hehe I know he will in his own time…I have been thinking lately I want him back to newborn size!! OMG @ Em getting up on his knees already!! Jayden’s been in crawler nappies for about 2 weeks now…..he has “thunder thighs” and the infant ones where a little tight and the poo was leaking out when he slept so he got upgraded. Jayden has just started to grab at my face now too…not on command though haha

Sara: Jayden loves TV too….maybe a little too much. He loves footy of all things!! But he also likes Rags the dogs, woody wood pecker, Elmo and he is watching Hi5 right now for the first time….He likes the blonde one (not Kelly the other one don’t know her name) best he talks and squeals each time she comes on LOL. Yum…Send some avocados down my way!! Ooo and some mangos when they are ready….DP’s parents have a farm too so we get all our fruit and veg from there. Have your found the rooster yet? I know how hard it is to adjust to a non sleeping baby…..a lot of the girls do have it worse but its hard when your used to a sleeping baby then that baby decided not to sleep.

Now for us…. Jayden has slept 9pm-7.30am and 10pm-5.30am the last couple of nights….1st time in nearly a month that he has slept through, so hopefully he is getting back into his old routine. DP wanted me to give him formula for his last feed the other night to see if he would sleep through…I told him it wouldn’t make a difference but did it to prove him wrong…and of course mummy knows best, he still woke up for a feed! We have been swimming with Sheree and Lachie a few times now…both Lachie and Jayden have been dunked and coped pretty well with it….I have photos that I will put up on his website….just gotta get Sheree’s ok first haha. Jayden has slowed down with the rolling right over but goes side to side all the time…he also love standing he has such a proud smile on his face when he does it. Well I’m sure there is more but I think this is the biggest post yet LOL I gotta go have a shower now before Jayden wakes up again.
    Sorry its so long!
    Have a great day girls
    oxox

Just a quick post before I go see a friend.
    Clinical psych went well, but I am having a shocker this morning. Very touchy.

All I can say is MEN !!! Arrrgghh....

Be back later.

Good to see a tad more action in here....

Leanne I so totally agree, I'm really sick of mine ATM! Good to hear your appt went well. Want to ask you about that on Tues.

Happy fourth month b'day Briley, hope the needles went OK.

Hope your relaxing day was nice Shazz.

Thanks Kim ~ yep we did pretty much NOTHING it was fantastic watched the movie and took the kids to the pool thats it ... how was your day ? is Miss Darcy sleeping any better Yet ? i have Ryan sleeping at about a 45 degree angle so the snotty bits drain out and he can breathe of a night i think i may have been wrong about teeth coming in as i have the sorest throat again so i gather he is passing his germs around ( well i can't accuse him of not sharing , lol )

Well my daughter has a few spots on her chest, one ear and under one arm.
    Could it be the Chicken Pox? I'll keep my eye on it as it might be from the heat, but my instinct tells me it might be the Pox.
    She's been really grumpy this week, at least of it is we'll know why.

Great....

Vic: Kmart have normal cotton shorts, although I go them on clearance ($2) when I was pregnant, not sure if they have them still...I need more for him for the same reason, board shorts and cargos aren't comfy hehe. I'm probably going to Kmart tomorrow so I will check and let you know. Ooo speaking of kmart, I'm getting a bodysuit from there that says "Did I get my good looks from my daddy" Its so cute! We didn't have it up here so I asked my mum to get it and send it up.

Leanne: Has Kaitlyn got a temp too? I'm pretty sure you get a temp with chicken pox pretty much flu like symptoms. I hope she is ok!

Jayden cracked the s**ts BIG TIME!! Poor boy woke up late this morning and has put him out of whack all day...he only had about half hour sleep this afternoon so he was buggered.....He screamed and screamed while I changed him and put him in his Pj's (didn't dare bath him LOL) he was falling asleep while I was changing him too. Then I fed him and he passed out on me at 8pm.....I think I better get an early night cause I think he will wake early in the morning!!

Hmm....ice cream first though ( I really have to stop eating it LOL)

Have a great night
    oxoxox

Ah Vic you're a brave woman.....

Shazz, nope Darcy's given up sleeping as a general rule. I should do that to her cot too, she's always snuffly at night. Buthey, she's never really in there very long anyways!

Leanne, sure sounds like it. Does she have a temp? Runny nose? Doctors Appt?

Yep a temp. She just woke her self up rocking her head from one side to the other like she was having a nightmare. Her nose is all stuffed up but I can't see anything, just the noise you know what I mean, and grumpy well, she's grumpy. It's making me itchy just typing this LOL
    If she's no better by tomorrow night its off to the doctor we go, or I might try and get in to see my GP.
    Thanks girls, speak with you tomorrow.

FYI Girls

Sheree has messaged me (and a few others) to let us know about how Lachie is doing. Kim I was going to let you know Sheree gave the ok so you could let everyone know but you went offline so quickly hehe sorry chic....

Anyway I'd copy what Sheree wrote in her text:

"Lachie is going into hospital on Monday. Paed is concerned at how many feeds he refuses and how much he chucks up. They might have to tube feed him and go to brissy yet too. He is not gainingas he should be either and doc described him as scrawny and could see how upset I am with his feeding. Hope things improve soon.".

Sheree, I really hope everything goes ok with Lachie on Monday....Try not to stress I know Wade will be there for you but also know I am a phone call (or half hour drive) away.....Let me know if you want me to come visit you too. I think Lachie will be fine, he looks healthy, bright eyed and bushy tailed to me But leave it up to the experts I guess and keep us updated on how you are all going!! Love to you and the family

oxoxoxox

Thanks Tania for updating everyone I really appreciate it, I typed an email to our relatives and thought I would copy it into here to give you a full update seeing as I have been missing for a while.

Just when I thought we had turned a corner with changing formulas Lachie has again started refusing his feeds again. Grrr.....

So basically everyone the news is, is that I went to the paed today and he described Lachie as Scrawny. I guess he is getting longer but is not getting any fatter. He is probably right! He is gaining weight but ever so slow and when I explained that he refused nearly every feed except his last feed of the day and the feed during the night and that he still purks alot, he said right we have to find out what is going on. Lachie has been on the 5th percentile on his new charts (but under 3 in old charts), he has now dropped well below the 5th percentile line. The paed wasn't worried when he was holding his own but now he has dropped he knows that we now need sum explanation. Don't get me wrong I would be more concerned if he didn't gain weight at all but I am in tears most feeds when he won't feed. It is just so frustrating.

So the outcome of our appt is, is that we are both staying in hospital on Monday night, the nurses are going to feed him to try to see what is going on. They are going to do heaps of tests just as a process of elimination like liver/kidneys etc..... If they can't work it out, they are going to tube feed him and then we might be off to Brisbane to visit a feeding and sleeping clinic to try to sort things out. The paed said he is in care of other babies who won't feed and the simple answer of it all is that they just don't like milk!!!! What tha...... So he didn't explain what the answer was, and I am sure I will find out in time. I was so upset, left there crying, my poor baby. But I also feel a little relief, as the fights I have with him to feed, they are finally going to find out what is going on!

Lachie is a very active baby and doesn't stop moving and kicking, so I have always put down his slow growth to this fact. Today I fought with him to have his bottles so badly that I only managed to get him to have 60ml at 9am (prior feed was 3:30am) 12pm and 2:30pm. I always give him a big bottle (180ml) at bed time 9pm as this is the only time I know he will feed well (ie: semi subconscious) and also keep it all down too and a bigish bottle at his 4am feed too. I guess this then seems to carry him through the day hence the little top ups all the time. But I am afraid not to do this as if I hadn't of he might have been in hospital alot sooner. I do my darndest, and I am just so exhausted. It is now out of my hands, he is not sick, but we need to beef him up as if he does get sick he has no weight to loose. This terrifies me.

Lachie is now 5.29kgs at his last CHN appt at 18 weeks last week and 62cm long. I am so envious of all these chubba babies who do not refuse to feed.

When I was in Brissy the other week, he had 250ml in a 24 hour period, hence why my sister went to the chemist for me as I was just histerical to see what she could work out with the pharmasist for his feeds in changing to a different formula.

Who would have thought feeding a baby would be so hard! Wade and I still blame that horrible losec mixture that the chemist made up all that time ago, but they made it on a base of baking soda. Yuk. This is when all our problems started on my boob and the feeding issues. If only we could turn back time, but I guess we weren't to know they were doing it wrong wrong wrong. Grrrrr.......

I also told the paed that I am sure Lachie just isn't a big eater, but he convinced me that 250ml just isn't enough and he has to be having more.

So Monday it is, he is not too worried as we have been going along like this for ages now, so whats a few more days, maybe I will give my son a bit of a pep talk in the meantime. So if he has no health issues after all these tests and it is just that he doesn't like milk, then I have a baby with a serious attitude lol. Things can only improve from here, one can only hope!!!!!!! I am so tired, I am off too bed without a shower, ewww..... how sad is that!

Nite ladies, and sorry about the me post, I actually had sum positive stuff to post, but now i am too tired. Guess one thing that comes to mind is that, Lachie hates tummy time so much that yesterday I put him on his tummy and over he went onto his back. Clever little monkey. He has been half rolling from back to belly for sometime now but he knows where that will lead too, ohhhh no the belly. So I guess when he does this it is going to be a 360 degree roll and boy will we have sum chunder. Gosh I am sick of his clothes being wet! Ok nite now these eyes are open with tooth picks all because of this god dam dummy and popping it in all night long. What to do, what to do, I guess first things first as usual. Nite

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast