Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006

Kim ~ Awww @ planning brothers and sisters for Darcy!!

Vic ~ Yay for the weekend - hopefully that will give you a break for 2 days! I can't believe another week has gone by! I have heaps to do as well. And today I only managed to get in the shower when DP got home!!!

Kellee ~ I've been thinking of you matey. I haven't heard anything yet!! I do hope everything is going well though!!

Well just been one of those days for me. I have people coming over @ 8.30 so just trying to tie up a few loose ends before they get here. Em is sleeping so hopefully he will stay that way!! I just hope they're not expecting me to put on make up!!! I have my belated farewell lunch at work tomorrow so if I don't get any sleep tonight I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow!!!

Well I better get a move on!

Well, Patrick is now 2 weeks and a day old. He hasn't put any weight on since coming home but next week should be the test!

yay for Kell and Dh &charlie on the arrival of Toby speedy recovery Kell and i can't wait to hear how it all went

jess i hope patrick starts to gain some weight for you soon it's a worring isn't ryan actually lost weight this week so i am not sure what to make of this or whether to worry myself just yet ?

I didn't get an SMS from Kellee!!! Huge congratulations on the birth of Toby!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!

Jess I hope Patrick starts gaining weight soon - Shazz is right in saying its a positive indication that he's not lost any!!! Keep us updated!!! Honestly its like the olympics with the way we all obsess over our bubbas weight lol.

Gees, Darcy could share with a few of your guys in the weight department. She's putting on an average of 200g per week! I know that's a good thing, but I can't help but be sad that she's not going to be tiny any more.....

Congratulations Kellee!!! Do we have any more details yet???

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Guys,
    I too have a baby born in May and would love to join in and chat with you all.
    My baby girl Phoebe was born on May 9th, by c-section. She weighed 7lbs 13 1/2ozs, 52 cm long and HC 38cm.She is just perfect and such a dream baby.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing experiences....

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by babydreams
    yay for Kell and Dh &charlie on the arrival of Toby speedy recovery Kell and i can't wait to hear how it all went
    wow, that is so wonderful! congrats Kellee and thanks for letting us know babydreams

I know I haven't been posting much since Cooper was born, but I read when I get the chance. My mum is down from Sydney at the moment so I dont get online as much as usual.

Congrats to Kim and family on the birth of Toby. Can't wait to see pics and hear how the insuction went. Sorry I didn't reply to your sms, got sidetracked

Cooper is going well. I did have 4 really bad days with him where he was just fighting sleep after every feed. It would take 2+ hours to get him to sleep. It was exhausting, physically and emotionally. He isn't breastfeeding, but its probably my fault as I am so slcak in trying to get him on. I had such an awful experience with it in hospital I just associate bad times with BF and get uptight when I think about it. I have been expressing full feeds. Last night I decided to try him on just formula, and he is back to a calm and content baby who sleeps and doesnt scream. I am going to do a trial and error this week, and if formula seems to make him happier, then I will stop expressing and change to formula. He seems happier on formula, which means I am happier and we are both getting sleep.

I hope you are all well and enjoying your babies. I am thinking of you all. Will try to get on and post more regularly.

Love to you all,

LMAO Kim!!! Em has put on 400g on top of his birth weight. But like you I'm not too concerned as I like him all small and cute. Though my mum went away for 3 days and said in that time his little cheeks filled out hehe!

Mummy4life ~ Cngrats on the birth of your daughter! Where abouts in Adelaide are you and what hospital did you go to? I went to the Gawler Health Service! Can't wait to get to know you!

Well we just had a horrid night and he is waking up again - WTF?!?!!? Where does this kid get his fuel from lmao!!!??? Oh and my sister had her little boy yesterday - Bailey Jay - 7 pound 4, 48.5 cm long and 35cm hc!!! He is gorgeous and made me realise how much Em has changed in a few short weeks!!!! Well must go and get the little man and get dressed. My landlords are coming over today to do a few things around the garden and wouldn't appreciate me running around in my dressing gown lol!!!

ETA
    Missed your post Alison. If he's happier on formula then go for it. I went through the same struggle that you did and came to the conclusion that Em was happier on formula so that's what he was getting! I hope he settles down for you soon enough! Oh and Em didn't wake up just kept stirring looking around and going back to sleep... he seems quite content. I think tonight I might try him sleeping in his nursery in the bassinet... I wonder how that will go!? oh & I can't believe it is a long weekend... and its my birthday next friday! Where has the time gone?

Hi All,
    Lea13 ~ I had Phoebe at the Gawler Health Service as well....we already know each other, but I don't think that you have guessed who I am. (lol) Congratulations on the birth of you nephew Bailey.

Sorry guys, but I must say that my little one is doing extremely well at night. (I'm sure you all don't want to hear that) Phoebe has her last feed around 10 and sleeps through until 6am. I definately think that boys are different to girls. My son wasn't a very good feeder or sleeper. He would only feed in short spurts and sleep for a few hours and then wake up screaming. At times he was difficult to settle, particularly at night and I was just dead on my feet. But as for my daughter, she feeds well from both sides each feed, and then sleeps for 3-4 hours during the day. She seems much more content, and I think that I will probably sucessfully BF her alot longer than my son. BF isn't for everyone and if formula works, then stick to that....

LOL I'm a dag!!! Of course I know who you are LMAO!!!

So glad to hear that Phoebe is doing so well. I can't believe that she sleeps through that long!! I'm so jealous. The longest Em has gone is 6 hours - during the day too damn it!! At night the longest he has gone is 4 hours! We have a good night and I think yay - then we have another BAD night... Eeek... I definately get the expression 'dead on your feet'. At least being on formula now I can hand a feed or two off to DP - which I haven't done yet but I will soon enough! In fact he's taking a whole night of feeds lol so I can sleep through again (I've almost forgotten what that is like!)

hey does anyone know a way to cure babies of their hiccups lol? I'm not sure if its even possible but Em gets them all the time and it makes him CRANKY hehe! My landlords have been and will be putting plants in early July. It's going to look so good!!!! I can't wait! They are the nicest people!

ETA Mummy4Life ~ Just realised that you added me to your MSN contacts as well LMAO - I am soooo dense LOL!! I'm blaming it on baby brain hehe! Have you checked out the SA thread as well. A heap of us chat in there and meet up regularly as well. I'm going to the mothers group at the GHS week after next - are you going to go? I need to make more friends around here that have kids hehe!

Lea13 ~ Don't beat yourself up about it (lol)...I didn't know who you were until the other week when I saw your ticker and realised that it was you. I don't know of many babies called Emerson...so thought it had to be you!!! I have been a member of BB for awhile, actually just as long as you, but haven't posted in such a long time (it would have to be at least 6 months or so). Yes when I first joined I was posting in the SA thread, I will have to re-introduce myself.

I joined ages ago but only really started posting when I found out I was PG back in September/October last year... I've racked up a number of posts since then LOL!! Yeah def pop over to SA members thread - actually there was another new member (Tun) - her name was Tanya and she had 2 kids and had worked at Coles Gawler as well. She hasn't come back since her last post so I'm not sure who it is exactly but you might!

ohhh here you all are.

Nat just told me where to find your all.

Oh help, help!!!

Lachy has been so unsettled, he was up from 2am this morning, until 11:30am. We have hardly slept as he only went down at 11pm. Felt like a walking zomby today, lucky mum was here and I espressed, as I sooo needed to sleep. He was so unsettled and nothing was working to calm him to sleep. Had to end up resorting to the dummy and even then with that in, he wouldn't settle in his basinette and had to sleep with us, but was still all figety and wouldn't sleep.

Today at lunch time he did a poo and it was all wet and runny as usual with the usual mustard colour, but the first one had particles in it, and the second had green bits in it (chunks). I am just so worried something is wrong. Been trying to think what I ate, and it must have been the kebab with GARLIC sauce. But then I have been thinking even more about this and I know I did a big no no and I feel so guilty and embarrased to even tell you ladies here, but here goes. We were in town all day and he spat out his dummy, and I wasn't near hot water to sterilise so I put it in my mouth after eating the kebab. Now I just feel so bad and worry that I have made him sick. Any suggestions over then kicking me up the but......

Guess he has been so good for a newborn that this is really upsetting me that he is so upset. He is not really screaming all the time, but he is very figety and I just know something is wrong. His face goes all red all the time and I just know all is not well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should I get to the doctor????

Sheree, I have no idea with your dilemma, but I'm thinking of you. If you're unsure, just make an appointment and go. Can you ring the Community baby health centre maybe?? PS I've done the dummy thing too - don't beat yourself up. Sorry I didn't reply to your SMS last week, I have managed to wash both our mobiles this week so we have been without any for near on a fortnight now.

Welcome Mummy4life. Phoebe was born the same day as my little girl!

Nat - a question - when you gave up BF what happened to your milk? Did it just go by itself?

Sheree ~ that colour poo is soooo normal, my daughters is exactly the same. What I eat can also have an impact on her, so I tend to stay off hot and spicy stuff and I have heard onions aren't good either. With settling, do you wrap lachlan??? And I agree with Scrappy, if you are unsure, go to the doctors....your peace of mind in important.

Scrappy ~ thanks for the welcome, so what time was your little girl born??

Lea13 ~ I have re-introduced myself in to the SA thread.

Kim ~ I'm still leaking now LOL!!! At first I was rock hard and I was expressing in the shower to get rid of the excess and make it more comfortable. Things are starting to settle down now but I think it will be another week or so before it is gone completely!

Sheree ~ It was good to chat to you on MSN. I do the dummy thing all the time!! ooops!! Mind you Em won't take the dummy often! I agree with the others - if you think something may be wrong then get him checked. If only for peace of mind!

I think i'm going to start wrapping Em. He HATES it and normally wakes but he's taken to having this big jerks that wake him up so I think he'd be better wrapped.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast