Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006

OMG Jess - that is excellent to hear that little Patrick is home!!! You must be so thrilled to have your little man home with you! Demand feeding is best I think - they're not silly our babies, they know when they're hungry!!

Scrappy ~ I'm getting better at working out the crying thing too. I'm learning something new everyday. I have decided that tending to him when he cries and having him in the carrier/pouch thing during the day if he wants is not a bad thing. And I'm with you - I could be creating a little monster but I can't bear him being upset either. We will have to see how we go and support each other I think!!! So glad to hear that things are improving for you. Where on earth did those 4 weeks go??? I can't believe the time is passing by so quickly. Emerson will be 3 weeks this Thursday!!!

Kellee~ I have figured out that Em likes to sleep on his stomach. Which makes me highly paranoid and I am always checking him but he is sucha doll when he sleeps like that. arms under head and his little legs up near his butt - just adorable. He seems to like that and being in the carrier. He falls asleep quite deeply when being carried so after awhile I can take him out and put him straight down and he doesn't stir. And I don't feel so bad/guilty about co-sleeping now either which has taken a bit of pressure off me. It was good chatting to you on MSN today as well - sorry I had to rush off but Em woke up and wanted a feed and that was that!My induction - they started with gels which did nothing and then broke my waters. I was basically in instant labour from then. It was quite intense but then I have no other labour to compare it too. I was so nervous about the induction ending in a c-section as well but mine went really well. They can do 2 lots of gels so make sure that you let them know you want 2 lots. It could be alot of sitting around and it will mean yet another internal but its the most 'natural' way out of all the induction methods. Not all inductions are horror stories that end in c-section or lots of intervention - just look at me - 6 hr labour, 4 stiches and only a jab of pethidine! I'm sure you'll do just great!How exciting that you have a date for when things will happen though!

Shan ~ Good to hear that you're still around and that things are going well. Congratulations again!!

Well I have a bit of a confession to make. We have converted Em over to formula. The difference has been amazing. His nappies are normal for the first time ever, he's settling better and those painful bowel movement/wind pains have gone. He is almost like a different baby. He used to sit there and frown alot and whinge and sleep alot. Today he was awake, alert and had such a happy look on his face. I feel so bad for not BF and I feel as though I 'gave up' too soon but I know that I have made the right choice as he is just so much happier now. I have CAFHS coming out this Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how much weight he's put on. I keep meaning to go down and get him weighed but I always run out of time.

He's still asleep now and I managed to colour my hair and shave my legs!!! So I'm feeling good. I think I'd like him to wake up now so I can feed him and go to bed though.

Will check back in tomorrow!

Baby Crazy - I have added your details for you. I actually just realised I know your In-laws (not too many Jovi Lee's getting around). Very small world hey! Sounds like you are doing a great job with your little one.

Trish - Fantastic news on having little Patrick at home. I think he will just thrive now he is home.

Kellee Guest

Kim – thanks for telling me about your induction. It makes me more confident knowing that a few of you have gone through it and come out the other side ok. You have such a good attitude towards it – I really love when you said “I didn’t fail to deliver her – she just didn’t want to come out”. Thank you, I really needed to hear that! IKWYM about the cc, I don’t know if I will be able to do that with a newborn. Charlie was six months old when we did a modified, more relaxed and individual version of it, but I would have been scared to do it before then. It’s really hard. I’m glad the bf is going well too. You sounds like you’re doing really well. Can’t believe that month has gone so fast!

Jess – yay for Patrick being home! That must be so wonderful. I’m sure he will start putting on weight soon. Was it very much that he lost? He’s been through a lot, so I’m sure things will start to pick up now that he’s home and safe with his Mummy, Daddy and brothers and sisters. Hope you have a wonderful time with him at home. Go demand feeding too – especially at this age. They’re still trying to figure out where the hell they are… they’re not old enough to tell the time yet!

Lea – that sounds so cute, Em sleeping like that. Get some photos of it, the bum in the air thing, because you forget how cute it is! And don’t feel bad about co-sleeping… if you’re careful it really is a safe way to sleep. We did for months with Charlie (sorry, I know I talk about him a lot, but he’s the centre of my world atm) and it was nice. We didn’t get much sleep, but it was still special. Thanks for telling me your induction story too. And you don’t need to treat converting Em to formula as a “confession”… it’s what’s best for him. I was telling mum about it today (remember I said I had the same problem as a baby?) and she said you’re very sensible! There’s no point in making him suffer, and it sounds like he’s doing much better. Yay for doing girly beauty things too! It’s important to feel good about yourself even though you’re knackered.

Vic – all hail SuperMum! Three kids asleep at the same time? I don’t know how you do it! Sounds like Adam is a little champ. It’s funny about the bf, isn’t it? “They” say that you should not eat certain things like curries, cabbage etc. but it’s different for everyone. Thanks for the tips on jealousy, too. I’m sure I’ll come to you for more advice over the next few months!

I’m chatting on MSN to a friend of mine who only just now, literally, found out she was pg! She’s so excited… she hasn’t even had time to tell her DH yet! I’m so happy for her. She consulted a tarot card reader or some such thing (not my bag, but she believes in it) who told her she’d be pg with a little girl in three months, and here she is three months later! I hope it’s a girl – I know she’s got her heart set on one.

Feeling a bit better about Thursday (thanks for your stories). I just hope it all goes well. DH has a rehearsal on Monday that he really wants to go to –he has a concert on the 25th and he has missed the other two rehearsals for it, and if he doesn’t go to this one he won’t be able to do the concert at all. I nearly hit the roof when I found out, because it will be day four (baby blues day for me) and that was the day I really wanted him to be home. Que sera, sera. Hopefully I won’t get them this time, but last time was bad and I was in hospital on my own. I’m sorry if it seems like I’m ‘whinging’ about it, but it’s just good for me to get it all out there. Thinking about the worst possible scenarios makes me feel like I have some idea of what I’m in for, even though I hope, of course, that those scenarios don’t happen. Sorry for babbling. It's hard to get excited about meeting him with all these worries going through my head, but the closer it gets the more I'm looking forward to it. It will be so nice to have a new bub around. They're so special.

Anyway, lots to do before my little man wakes up. I thought my alone time was going to be interrupted, because I heard a big bang before and I think it was him falling out of bed, the poor thing. He cried for a bit, then I tucked him back in and he grizzled a bit more, but I haven’t heard a sounds for a while so hopefully he’s nodded back off. Will try to post tomorrow, even if it might not be a long one. Hope you and your bubbas are having a lovely day.

Evening All

Yay Patrick for making it home! Keep showing mummy how well she's doing now!

Hope you're relaxing for tomorrow Kellee. Don't worry about hte babbling. I got the day four blues quite badly too (though truth be told I probably had them from days 2-6), so I get your thinking on the rehearsal/concert thing. Do you at least have your bag packed by now?? LOL.

Good girl Nat. It's not a confession, it's a brave decision for the good of your baby. Isn't it amazing the difference food makes to them?

Vic, please can you move a bit closer to me? You sound like someone I need to be friends with.

Sheree hope you're going OK. Lachlan's lovely.

Bellasmum and Baby crazy welcome to our little group. They are great girls here.

Babycrazy, If you're going to express a bit, I have an Avent hand pump which is excellent! I highly recommend it.
    Well we went to Tresillian today and got some great hands on advise. I am adding it to my stash, and am becoming more and more confident. She even settled by herself this afternoon!!

Never ~ Nice work @ having all 3 kids asleep at once!!! Maybe I should try Em sleeping on his side. I'm just so nervous about him sleeping on his belly because of the SIDS stuff. What are the reasons exactly for them not wanting babies to sleep on their bellies I wonder? LOL @ the pasito as well!

Kellee ~ Poor Charlie falling off the bed hehe!! You definatley don't seem as though you are whinging! And besides that's why we're all here! Will you still be in hospital on Day 4 or at home? Can you get your mum or other people to be there when DH isn't? I'm sure you are going to be fine. This is your second time round and you are so much more prepared for it this time. Congrats to your friend about finding out she's PG - how cool for her! I'm not a fan of tarot card readers either... one told my mum that I wouldn't be able to give birth naturally so I would have a c-section, that DP would leave me and I'd have PND so bad that my mum would basically have to look after me!! I was upset for days until I realized it was a load of hogwash!! And I've proven it all wrong anyway! Thanks for the support re changing to bottle feeding. I'm very happy with the decision and the results but I still feel slightly guilty IFKWIM. I guess that will fade with time along with my money - how expensive is formula???? I find the co-sleeping great as well. We have such special cuddles together I love it. I have a queen size bed and when DP doesn't stay over Em sleeps on that side of the bed. He is pretty safe and this morning I felt comfortable to let him sleep on his belly while I slept next to him though I'm not sure of the logic behind that hehe!

Kim ~ YAY for Darcy settling by herself. You are doing so well!!! I'm so proud of you LOL! Alot of other people would have fallen to pieces by now but you've taken everything in your stride and you're so positive about it all. I really admire you for that. You're definately an inspiration. I think we all need to live closer to each other. I think it would be great being able to catch up in person!!!

Well we had a pretty non eventful day today. Em was fussing all last night so it was a sleep in for us both this morning. I managed to get the bins out (which reminds me I need to check the letterbox) but we didn't do anything else. We have CAFHS coming out tomorrow - they rang today and had a bit of a chat with me. Told them about changing to FF and they said it doesn't matter how he gets fee as long as he's getting fed and is happy which made me feel heaps better. It'll be good to see how much he weighs tomorrow. Oh and they've finally managed to organize my farewell lunch at work LOL. It's a little belated but better late then never - its going to be great fun! My sister is also booked in for her c-section this Friday as well. And then the following Friday it is my birthday!!! I can't believe it - time is going so fast!!

Damn @ not being able to have those chocolate binges Vic!! What a bummer! Poor little Mel and poor you for wearing the chuck!! These things happen to the best of us. I think you're a great mum!! And Em won't take the dummy either... almost every time I give it to him he starts gagging and choking lol.

morning ladies

hope you are going well and your little bundles are growing like mad i sure know Ryan is on Friday he hit 5.5 kg no wonder my back kills me i just thought i would drop in while i had 2 seconds to say a huge big hi and a congrats to all the new mums and bubs for May

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

dear Kellee,

tried to send you a pm, but i get a message telling me i am not allowed (??)

I just wanted to let you know i am thinking of you, one day before the big event, i am sending you all the most positive thoughts i can think of your way!

I'm glad people on here could give you the benefit of their induction experiences, it really does help to hear from others that have been there, done that.

I hope it all goes really well for you - these words seem inadequate and i know i am a total stranger to you - but i really wish you all the very best of a birth experience. Just think, maybe in a day or two, you will be holding your little babe!

love from the clucky bilbymum (cluck cluck cluck)

Kellee Guest

Kim – yay for Darcy settling by herself! What a clever girl. That’s not an easy thing to learn. I have an Avent hand pump too – what a lifesaver! It’s so great to be able to leave bubs with Nana for a few hours and not worry about them missing a b/f.

Lea – I’ll be at home on Day Four, hopefully, if everything goes well. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to home the day after he’s born (i.e. only spend one night in hospital). I’m not sure if Mum will be here on Monday – it’s a long weekend in Queensland at the moment and she and Dad had booked a weekend away with friends so it depends how much I need her whether they cancel or not. That was one of the reasons I was feeling so bad about everything – we all thought Bob would be here by now and I feel terrible that I might spoil her plans. DH wants MIL to come over, but I have a few MIL issues that would just be magnified if she was here while I was on my own having the baby blues! We’ll just have to see. I’m trying not to make too many concrete plans until after the birth and we see how it goes. IKWYM about the co-sleeping… Charlie used to fall asleep on his side all the time after I would feed him to sleep in bed. I used to just prop his lower body up with pillows so he wouldn’t roll over and he was fine, and then I got to sleep too! I think the reason that ‘they’ say not to sleep babies on their bellies is because they don’t usually have the neck strength to move their heads up if they end up face down, so there is an increased risk of suffocation. I think it’s completely up to you though – whatever you feel comfortable with. Ooh – I didn’t realise your sister was pg too! Does she live near you? I hope it all goes well – I probably won’t be able to check here for about a week from now.

Vic – IKWYM about the sugar – I missed caffeine so much when I as bf. Charlie used to go crazy! I hope the kids one day realise how much we love them! Poor Mel, but don’t feel too bad – Charlie has done that before too, but he was much younger and didn’t have that ‘parachute reflex’ so he face planted the floor. Your poor other little kids. I wish I lived closer so I could come and take one or two of them for you – sick kids are not fun, and mums with sick kids are never very happy! Hopefully it means they all sleep well to get over it and you get to sleep too.

Gigi – thanks so much for thinking of me (I think the reason that you can’t send a message is because you’re not a platinum member? Maybe?). It’s so lovely to know that there are so many people thinking of me – the support is invaluable. I really appreciate it!

Sheree – sorry to hear you’re feeling poorly at the moment. I really hope that you feel better soon. Make sure that you keep asking questions and seeking solutions until someone listens to you. I hope that gorgeous little man of yours is doing well too.

Well, I probably won’t get another chance to post until the big event. Everything is ready – just gotta put a couple of things in my labour bag and pack up all Charlie’s stuff for his stay at Mum’s for a couple of days. I’m going to make DH get up with me at 5.30 and have a yummy breakfast (I think I’ll need it!) before we take Charlie to Mum’s, where I will probably cry a lot, and then go to the hospital at 7. That’s the plan anyway – I had a few contractions last night and a few more this afternoon, so who knows – I might go tonight! If not, I feel cool about everything now and I’m just looking forward to meeting our little man. Still not quite sure on a name but we have a list of about 20 on a piece of paper in my bag and we’ll look at it when he comes out and see what suits. I just wanted to say a hug THANK YOU to you all for letting me gatecrash here for the last few weeks, and for giving me lots of support over the last few weeks and through the whole pregnancy. It’s been so wonderful to go through it all with you gals and I can’t wait to share all the stories about our bubs as they grow up.

Anyway, I have a few of your phone numbers, so I will definitely get DH to sms you when he’s born with all the vital stats. Feel free to post the details here and I’ll fill you in when I’m back online when I get home. Thanks so much again… wish me luck!

- K.

Shazz ~ OMG 5.5 kgs!!! He has grown!!! Em was weighed today and he was 3.68 kgs. So he has put 400g on top of his birth weight which is great. He is also 2 cms longer!!! And I didn't really think he was getting bigger LOL!!!

Kelle ~ Eeek @ having MIL there. If you think that will worsen rather then help the situation then don't do it LOL! Em has enough neck control to lift his head and move it from side to side when lying on his belly so that makes me a little more comfortable. I still tend to only sleep him that way if I'm close by though - just for peace of mind if anything. My sister lives about 10 minutes away from me though I don't see her all that often. She is really nervous about her c-section but I think she'll be fine. She is only 16 so I think that makes it a little scarier for her. At least you have a wide variety of names to choose from - I can't wait to hear what you choose!! I think it's been wonderful sharing our experiences together as well - in fact I honestly don't think I could have done it without everyones support. I don't think that is going to change any time soon either! I'm not going to say good luck because you don't need luck but I will send you my best wishes and I can't wait to get that SMS!!

Well it has been one of those days - I can't believe its 3.30 already. I have so much to do already. I had the midwife come over today. She was early and I wasn't ready LOL... she stayed for over an hour checking him out. He now weighs 3680 grams and she's really happy with his progress. She also gave me some advice on how to keep him awake during the day and asleep at night. So we will see how that goes. Just gave him a feed then and he is so fast asleep its not funny. I was even singing 'Wake Up Jeff' to him and that didn't wake him up so oh well... will keep trying to wake him up lol.

Well I best go and do what I'm meant to be doing (washing and paperwork and ironing lol) before I lose the whole day LOL. Will try to check in again later - I'm an addict hehe!

Kellee Guest

LOL at singing Wiggles songs already... don't overdo it though because you will feel like taking out a Wiggle by this time next year!

Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd pop on here. I'm just about to make a yummy brekky (scrambled eggs with grilled tomato and mushroom on sourdough bread) to last me through the day. I know I'm technically not supposed to eat anything, but there is no way that I'm starting the day hungry (I've been up since 4) and they didn't actually tell me not to fast. So there!

Anyway, less than two hours (technically, anyway) until the induction. I'm surprisingly calm about it, but I'm sure that will all change when I get to the hospital. Actually, the thing I'm most worried about at the moment is saying goodbye to Charlie. I'm sure that you all know by now that your kids are the center of your world, and this one has been my little best friend with me for almost 2 years now. I know that he'll still be here and we'll still do special things, but (she says through tears) it's hard to know that everything will change forever after Bob comes home. He's so special and I love him so much, and I'm worried about him feeling neglected. Although I suppose the fact that I feel this way is a good sign - it means that I'll be vigilant about giving him enough 'Mummy and Me' time. Anyway, I'm going to stop writing about it so I can stop cyring! What a wus I am!

Anyway, breakfast calls. Love yas all - will get DH to sms when all is said and done (hopefully early!) today.

good luck Kell i'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear the wonderful news

Oooohhhh best of luck Kellee! Hoping you're well and truly on your way to meeting your little man today!

Sending positivie labour vibes your way Kellee. I know you're going to be great!

PS I can understand what you mean about Charlie. We're starting to plan ahead (yeah I know - what? after all this drama?) and I feel like that already.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Go Kellee!
    Go Kellee!
    Go Kellee GO!

(waves pom poms furiously but leaves out jump splits part)

we're all cheering for you hon!

(and hoping the MIL presence or non-presence will be resolved so you don't have to deal with that as well)

just think how nice it will be for Charlie to have a playmate, he won't be losing you, he'll be gaining a brother. But to be sure, there will be lots of adjustments for your family.

Go Kellee! I hope you have a quick labor! I can't wait to read your post in the birth announcements!

Awwww...Neverplan. I wish I had my license ( a couple of weeks away) 'cause I'd pop Maddy in the car and we'd drive up from Brisbane to give you a hand around the house!

Hope the sickness leaves the building soon!

Here are two positives for you Vic, the house is still standing despite the mess, and a sleep will do them good. Plus it's nearly the weekend (hopefully for you that means DH home).

Thinking of you Chickie.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast