Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

Oh, just realised Luke and Noah have just had half birthdays as well!! HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!! I MISSED THEM!!

Another quick one for me, I am busy packing for our trip to Lorne tomorrow.

Tan - Happy 6 months to Izzy!!! Hope you are feeling better now!

Michelle - I will be taking my laptop so PM me whenever. There is no internet access where we are staying but I have looked up the wireless hotspots so I can check my messages. I can at least work on the layout for you while there but printing will have to wait until I am back. I know what you mean with needing a dummy to settle to sleep, I need to use it in the night so I can try and wean Noah off of the many bf's he has in a night.

Jen - Hope all is going better with your abscess. It doesn't sound like much fun. I hope you are able to get a more helpful second opinion from your family gp as well. I agree with Lulu though, I don't see how breastmilk could hurt considering all of its healing properties.

Lulu - Thanks for the feedback, I can't help but worry but I suppose that is all part and parcel of being a mother. We have bought a beach tent to take with us and today I bought sun shades for the car so Noah is more protected. Good to hear Izzy is alright, it seems these 6 month injections hit them a bit worse than the others, but it may be the combination with the heat like you say.

Kelly - How exciting that Luke is teething! Maybe not for you It is so amazing to watch them grow isn't it? Noah still hasn't shown any signs of teething and I hope he is no hurry. I hve a feeling I will miss his gorgeous gummy grin.

Dan - Sorry to hear you are having troubles settling Olivia. It is never easy to cope when you are not getting enough rest. I hope you are able to find a solution soon.

Thanks for that link Tan, today I changed Noahs seat right back around again and I moved it to the centre as well. I will probably only keep it that way for the trip but we will see. I just hate not being able to see him.

Noah and I had a trip to the A&E on Saturday night or should I say Sunday morning at 1am, the wait was horrendous and we were there until 4am. Noah has vomited 5 times in under 12 hours and when I called the MCHN hotline they advised me to head to the A&E. When we were finally seen, the Dr said that it was probably gastro but I am not sure if I buy that because he didn't have watery poo. Who knows, it could have been a very mild case as a result of the rotovirus vaccine. All I know is he is fine now and that is all that matters. Juz still looks like he is in rough shape, it could have been a lot worse though so I am not complaining. I just get fed up of people saying to him when we go out together ' what did you do to make her beat you up'

Alright, well this has taken more time then I had, sorry if I missed anyone and I will catch up on Friday when I am back! Have a great week!!!

Hi everyone,
    Michelle - Thanks for posting Angus's routine. It's great to compare and it's always reassuring when other mums are going the same thing as you. Livvy's routine is the same set out but just different times. Your little man is growing so big and by the looks getting cheekier and cheekier.

Sarah - Have a geat trip away. I am so incredibly jealous. I would kill for a family holiday. Hope Juz starts looking and feeling better soon.

Tan - Happy 6 months Izzy. Hope mummy gives you some chocie flavoured bb's juice. Not long until sleep school now Tan.

Lulu - I just noticed that you are 17 weeks already. You showing yet? When is your next scan? I love the photo of Izzy in your signature. Glad that Izzy is okay. With her solids have you tried mixing fruit in with her cereal and warming it up a little bit? Livvy won't have a bar of the rice cereal unless it is mixed with fruit and warmed up. Fuss pot she is. I gave her this for a few days now she is scoffing everything. For some reason it is only the cereal she is fussy with.

Jen - Sorry about your bad news with b/f. I would definitely get a second opinion. I always get a second opinion if I have any worries about the first one at all. Like the other girls have said you can always feed from the other breast. You'll be amazed how quickly your body will alter and make enough milk for a feed from one breast. Let us know how you go.

Kelly - How are you going with slotting in another feed? Hope it hasn't messed with his routine too much. I've just started giving Olivia a third solids meal. Little piggy still has 5 - 6 b/f a day though. For a little girl she sure can put away a lot of food. Has Luke got any toothie pegs? Happy 6th months little man!!!

Sorry for the rough personals. I seem to be struggling keeping up at the moment. Anyhoo, I had my meeting at work on Friday and signed all the papers so it's offical I'm back to work on 7th Jan . I'm looking forward to going back but really don't want to leave my little girl. I am forcing myself to think about the extra money and how many pressies I can buy her.
    Our sleeping is back to normal since I've been wrapping her again and letting her have her dummy. I'm back to sleep school on Wednesday to have another go and if it doesn't work this time that's it she can be wrapped until she doesn't want too. I 've bought some muslin material and making her huge wraps for the summer so they are as light as i can make them.
    I'm so proud of myself, I've finished Olivia's play mat. It looks really good and I got it done before she's crawling so she will actually use it. I must take a photo and show you. It is far from perfect but not bad for someone who hasn't sewed in like 17 years.
    Well I'm off to have an icy-pole and a relax while livvy is asleep. It is sooooo hot here and I don't think it is going to cool down again. Livvy sleeps in a t-shirt body suit, wrap and a sheet and she is she sweating. Poor munchin. Has her daddy's internal body temp I think.
    Have a great day ladies and i'll catch up soon.

Danni - How you and Mason going?

Hello!!

Well, Luke's first tooth is finally all the way through!!! Its quite amazing but my god, it's been tough!! Poor little fella didn't handle it all that well - god help us when all the rest come through!!

We had our very first swimming lesson today too, which was just amazing. We both loved it so much and Luke went underwater and everything!! He went under three times but on the last time he took in a bit of water and coughed a little - poor baby!! It didn't bother him though. He was soooo tired and ready for a feed too, so I'm surprised he loved it so much. I just wish we could get in a nice routine and stick with it. I booked him into the class that suited us last week and now this week, it's the worst possible time. Its amazing how they just change all the time.

The extra feed of solids is going well so far too but it is hard to slot in between sleeps and bottles. Its all a little confusing but I'm just trying to go with the flow and see what happens. No point worrying about it all.

Anyway must go - sorry for no personals again, Luke is in the beanbag and he's slowly sinking, might be time to rescue him, although it looks like he's quite enjoying it!!!!

Kelly xxx

Ladies, off topic but I'm coming down to Melbourne next week, look in the meet ups forums for more info, would love to meet all the Melbourne girls xoxox

Quote Originally Posted by Shellbelle View Post
    Oh, just realised Luke and Noah have just had half birthdays as well!! HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!! I MISSED THEM!!

haha And Mia too!! Hers was last Thursday. I can't believe that my baby is growing up so quickly

Just a very quick one from me - had our 6 mth check up. MCHN stressed me out completely about Mia still not rolling. Are there any other babies not rolling yet?

She loves to sit and stand, but MCHN told me not to do that anymore otherwise she may not crawl and it will affect her later on in life. I don't know what else to do to make her roll!!!!! She pushes against me when I try and roll her over, she cracks it after 5 mins of tummy time - I'm lost!!

Hi Kristen
    Some babies just don't want to roll. When I had one of Ethyn's check ups there was an 8 month old in there, she never rolled, she would rather sit than roll, and she was crawling everywhere as well, so personally I wouldn't be too concerned. Some just don't want to do things
    Ethyn's not really sitting at the moment, he will sit in between my legs and maybe hold himself for 5 seconds if that, but then he goes forward and ends up on his tummy which makes him happier!!. I met this other lady on the weekend who's baby was 11 months old and was commando crawling everywhere, had no interest in crawling at all.

I'm going to be slack and not do personals!!! I have missed out over the last few days that I have alot of reading to do!!!
    Happy 6 months to Luke, Noah, Izzy and Mia. Ethyn will be 6 months next week, can't believe how fast this time has gone.
    We are taking Ethyn to a wedding this weekend, hopefully he's a good boy for it!!!!
    Hope everyone is well and bubbas are being good for their mums!!
    Will try and pop back on later today and do personals

It's amazing how fast time flies and our littlies are 6 months already
    Kristen - I tend to agree with the others and all you can do is give her oppourtunity but if she won't do it you can't force her to. Izzy hated tummy time, so I used to put her o her tummy til she cracked it, rolled her over onto her back (the way she would roll- I wouldn't pick her up) and then give her 5 minutes and put her back on her tummy again until she cracked it. I would do this all day and after about 2 days she just got used to it - even the 5 minutes she is doing is good for her so just keep her there for as long as you can - that's all you can do.
    As far as it affecting her later in life - I'd LOVE to see that study... my 12 year old neice didn't crawl - walked at 9 months and is fine the most gorgeous creative chicky. She has some issues with maths (so did I and my sister!! ) but you can't link that to not crawling!

kristen: i wouldnt worry. Mason only rolled from his back TODAY for the very first time. (7 months)

Plus I know HEAPS and HEAPS of people who never crawled so she has nfi what she is on about! dont stress

Kristen - I'm with the others, don't stress. Luke has rolled but only a few times. I know he CAN do it but he just doesn't like to. He's a bit like Mia, he'd much rather be sitting up or just lying on his back. He gets up on his side heaps but just doesn't like to be on his tummy. Every time I roll him onto his tummy, he spews and then cries. I still try and do it every day but its not successful for us either. Poor little fella usually spews and then puts his head it in, not pretty and it creates quite a mess.

Well, we had Luke at the doctors today - he's got terrible eczema and has been one very unhappy little man. Last night he wouldn't take his bottle and was just screaming at the top of his lungs. Not just a cry but a scream as if he was in pain. It was just awful and it took us forever to settle him. Then he woke again at midnight. The only thing that would settle him was panadol. Poor little man. He's very on and off - one minute he's happy as larry, then the next he's screaming. So not like him at all. I think it might be his teeth aswell but his eczema has really flared up and now he's got really bad nappy rash to top it all off. All the extra pooing now that he's on solids (so the doc thinks). Poor poppet, not even cuddles would settle him.

Anyway, we've got cream for it now, so hopefully all will be fine again soon.

Must go, I think he's just waking.

Kelly xxx

Kelly - have you tried Cortisone cream for Luke's eczema?? I just went the other for Izzy's - I held off using it for ages and finally gave in as all the natural remedies I had tried jsut didnt do a thing. The best thing was Emu oil but even that wasn't strong enough for her back and shoulders. I've used the cortisone once a day for the last week and it has pretty much gotten rid of it altogether. Good luck hun.

Hey just a quickie hello!

Firstly Danni, how awesome is your new Av!! WOW!!

Tan and Kelly have you tried chickweed ointment for the eczema?? A few friends of mine swear by it! One friend swapped from the cortisone to the chickweed cause it worked heaps better - just a thought!!

Take Care!

OMG Tan you sound just like me with Mia's eczema too! I wanted to try everything 'natural' under the sun because I thought it would be better for her, but now I use good ol' Dermaid as it's the only thing that works!! LOL!!

Kristen - I agree with the others too. So many babies don't seem to crawl at all and go straight to walking. With Mia's reflux its not surprising she doesn't like tummy time so I wouldn't worry about it at all. I think I've said to you before that Izzy hated tummy time but then when she magically learned to roll now I can't get her off her tummy when she goes to sleep. As for not letting Mia stand, if she's anything like Izzy good luck!!! Iz gets so frustrated lying down now, gets bored of sitting after 20minutes or so and cracks it if I don't help her to stand up. I don't know why MCHNs and "helpful" mums insist that there is something wrong if babies don't do things by the book. Don't they know babies don't read!!!

Kelly - yay for Luke's first tooth. Get ready with that steak Where did you go for your swimming classes - they sound great. I'm very jealous - all the places I've called only do them during school term, so I have to wait until next year (and boy, am I going to be floating well by then!) I hope Luke's eczema disappears soon.

Dan - how's Livvy going? Any more luck yet? I really hope you get some sleep soon. I tried your tip of fruit with cereal - given it ended up all over the floors and wall, I'm guessing she didn't like it much!! Fortunately she's turned a corner a bit with vegies so hopefully we'll get there. And yep, I'm definitely showing - I feel like a whale already. I don't think there's going to be any lovely round little baby bump this time! My next scan is 5 December, when I get to find out what flavour Ned is. Very exciting.

Tan - how are you and Izzy feeling? I hope a lot better.

Melbourne girls - has anyone been to Glenhuntley Baby Carriages? I was looking on the web for double prams and came across this place and their Mountain Buggy doubles are almost $400 cheaper than I can get them for here! I don't know if its just that they're cheaper in Victoria than they are here, or if this shop is just really cheap for some reason.

Hello!!

Tan - Yeah, I got some cortisone (sp?) cream from the doctor for Luke and it seems to be working so far. Will probably investigate some of the natural remedies once this bad bout of it has cleared!!

Lulu - I took Luke to State Swim as it was the only place that didn't do lessons by the 'term' and you can just start whenever you want. They are sooo fantastic, I love it and its just up the road from me (in East Freo) - I think they have a few around the place though!!

Sorry, no more time for personals (yet again). Luke's rash and ezcema is starting to clear, finally and he's much happier again. He even slept last night from about 8pm until 5.30am, which is great and starting to happen a little more regularly!!

Hope all is wonderfully well with everyone!

Kelly xxx

Hi everyone,
    Well we have had a very interesting few days. Wednesday we went back to sleep school and Olivia was so naughty that we had to go back again on Thursday. We were there from 9am to 4.30pm for two days . Wednesday was an absolutely nightmare and she didn't sleep a wink from 9am to 7pm, then was awake 7.30pm to 11pm but then slept until 6.30am thankfully. Thursday was much improved and she actually had a two hour and a one hour sleep. Last night was good and she was ony awake for an hour and slept until 6am. So I think we are finally getting there and there is now light on the horizon for us. I am so glad than we are getting there because Olivia is now rolling and she was starting to get tangled up in her wrap and I was terrified she would suffociate (sp?). They have warned us to give it 5 full days and 5 full nights because we could see any improvement but I think the penny is starting to drop and hopefully it won't take 5 days.
    Livvy is now eating three meals a day with 5 b/f and is absolutely thriving the little piggy. Her teeth are moving around on her but none have broken the surface. She is rolling over and over and over, it's so cute how clever she thinks she is. When she is on her belly the little arms and legs are going a million miles an hour but going nowhere. I don't think it will be too long until she is on the move little so many other little one's on here.

That is more than enough about us, let me catch up on some personals.

Kirsten - Like all the other girls have said don't worry about Mia not rolling. A lot of babies don't roll until they crawl. Mia will roll when she is good and ready and not a minute before. If she wasn't doing ANYTHING at all I would worry but look at her she's sitting, standing, giggling, talking and so much more. She's doing brilliantly and so are you. Just tell the health nurse what they want to hear not what is actually going on, that's what I do. My niece refused to crawl until just recently (she's 11 1/2 months) and she only crawls to the closet object which she can use to pull herself up and then she walks around holding onto to everything.

Tan - Today is the big day at sleep school isn't it?? Best of luck darl. I really hope that they give you some amazing tips to help Izzy settle and sleep for you. I see from your ticker that she is rolling and commando crawling. How exciting! You baby proofed your house?

Michelle - How is your gorgeous little man going? Where can I find the chickweed ointment you were telling us about. I'll try anything to try and clear Livvy's skin for her.

Lulu - That's great that Izzy is starting to eat vegies for you. She might just not like the cereal not that I can say I blame her. It's tastes awful. How many teeth does she have now? Is Izzy getting mobile yet? Gee I can't believe you are finding out Ned's flavour on 5th December, I mean your pg is just flying. Hope you are feeling okay and Izzy is sleeping well for you still. She's a great sleeper isn't she?

Jen - How are you going with your b/f and the abscess? Have you gotten a second opinion? What have you decided?

Kelly - Congratulations on your first tooth Luke you big boy. Great news that his ezcema is starting to clear up. Poor livvy is covered in it and it is taking ages to clear even with her cortisone cream. How is Luke going with solids?

Danni - YAY on Mason rolling over. Mason and Livvy rolled over for the first time on the same day. Does Mason have any teeth yet? How are you going with the sleeping??

I know that i've missed some lovely ladies and babies and I'm so sorry but Olivia has just started screaming.

Chat soon,
    Dan

I know I've been absent alot lately girls, and the reason is because my DH and I are now seperated. It's been a long time coming, and I don't feel like going into much detail at this stage because it's so fresh, but I just wanted to let you all know so you didn't think I was being a rudey bum!

I also just wanted to share that Blake slept till 2:30, had a feed and woke at 8am! 8AM WHAT THE HELL! I think me being a little happier is deinitely helping him out too.

Take care, and I can't wait to meet the Melbourne girls next week.

Hi everyone
    I have been MIA, facebook is so addictive!!!!!!!!!
    Ash - Hope you are ok, we are all here for you if you need to chat!! Yay for Blake having a good sleep
    Dan - Here's hoping it doesn't take 5 days for it to happen for you. Those teeth are a bugger aren't they, I reckon they have been bothering Ethyn for a few months
    Kelly - Glad Luke's ezcema is clearing, I suffer from it, am hoping Ethyn doesn't
    Pretty slack on personals, but really have to have a shower while Ethyn is sleeping. Hope everyone else is going well.
    Hope you all have a great weekend

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast