Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

Hi Lee, like Ashlee says 9kg is the latest to change to forward facing. Check your carseat instructions for their recommendation. Mine is 8-9kg and can not be longer than 70cms. Noah was 68cms last month so I changed him then, he is much happier and so am I because I can see him.

Ashlee, How terrible about Blake not sleeping for you!!! I sense a change in the sleeping patterns for the better now. I am sure the worst is over, lets hope so!!

Tan, how is your business plan coming along? I hope you are feeling better today and WTG on the working!!!

Danni, I wanna see pics too!!!

Lulu, I hope everything is alright with Izzy. You have enough on your plate I am sure!

OK I would attempt more personals but I have a million and one things to do! Noah is demanding my attention and I am trying to work on more designs for my website. I think I am lacking in more birthday ones but I need to have a better look. Noah is on and off with his sleeping, he woke up twice last night but 5-6 times the 2 nights before and then twice the night before then. I hope it is a sign of improvement. 6 months of sleepless nights is taking its toll. Juz had an accident on his bike this morning on his way to work. The front wheel came off while he was riding and he face planted into gravel so he looks pretty bad but nothing s broken and he still has his teeth. Apparently his chin will be badly scarred and they were unable to give him stitches because the wounds were too deep. I am just so glad that he is not more worse off than he is. We are going to Lorne on Tuesday for 3 nights, it is an early birthday present for me. I am so excited, I havent been to the beach in forever, it will be Noahs first time ever too!! Does anyone have any beach safety tips for babies other than the obvious with covering up and sunscreen? I bought a swim seat and arm floaties but I am a bit concerned with sea water being ingested...

Ok sorry for the selfish one girls, I will try to be a bit more regular now that things are starting to calm a little. Hope everyone is having a great day!!! x

Thanks for the link Tan. I want to keep him in rear ward position as long as possible. Ours says 9kg it can be turned, but it also says the max weight is 12 kgs for rear facing. Ethyn gets bored easily now and I think will be better facing forward, but I don't want to turn him just yet. Will have to show hubby that youtube video, we had an arguement on the way home yesterday about it, he wants to turn now, DS only weighs 7.89kg so its definitely not going to happen for some time yet!!!!

Thanx Tan for posting that link. Wowee, I never had any idea that the seats should be left rearward for so long. I am due to take my capsule back next week, and I have brought a reverse s&s car seat so will be making sure Angus stays reverse in that for a bit longer!! I def think capsules are the way to go for the first 6mths though, even having to then buy a rverse car seat, capsules are so much safer!

Anyway, I have the allergy from hell so might try and have a snooze while Angus is sleeping. Ifeel like I have been hit by a truck!!
    Take Care!

Michelle :hugs: I feel the same - must be the same [email protected] truck...

I didn't know about the seats either until I saw that link a while ago on here - its really interesting that we seem to be behind the rest of the world in this. Next bubby Im getting a capsule - AL wanted one and I fought it but in hindsight it would be sooo much easier carting her in and out of the car in one - especially for sleeping at others houses etc.
    Well I just had a cold shower - feeling a bit better and Iz is napping so might go snooze myself!

Hello!!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, we've been really busy and I just don't get the time to log on!!! Luke's teething too, so things have been rather *challenging*. His first tooth has nearly broken all the way through but its taken forever. One corner came through a few days ago and I'm sure its still not all the way through!! I believe the second one comes within a week of the first too so that should be fun. We hardly go any sleep last night, so I'm shattered. I ended up giving Luke panadol at 5am and putting him in bed with me.

Luke had his 6 month needles yesterday too, so I don't know if that affected him but this bloody tooth has completely changed my gorgeous content little boy. We were even starting to get some decent sleep - damn it.

I had Luke weighted the other day too - he was 7.5kg and has started to slow down in that regard. He was always such a big boy but now seems to be slowing, which is nice!!

We've started solids too and he just loves it. We've given him rice cereal, Potato, Pumpkin and Sweet Potato. He wasn't too keen on the potato but just LOVED the others. We'll try Brocolli tomorrow. Its so much fun but my god the poo is horrible!!

Anyway must go. Will try and keep up but can't promise too much right now, next week is looking crazy already!!

Kelly xxx

Hi everyone. I'm reading everyone's posts but just can't findf the time to do personals. Olivia hasn't responded to sleep school, losing her wrap and dummy. We're at a dead end. No idea what to do!! I wrapped her yesterday just to get some sleep. She slept for three hours. Maybe she isn't ready not to be wrapped??
    Hopefully will catch up properly soon,
    Luv Dan

Oh Dan, sorry to hear about sleep school, bummer! I don't think I could take Angus's dummy away from him just yet! He settles instantly with it. He has only slept through till about 4.30/5am the last week or so. Up until then he has gotten up for feeds during the night. So maybe in time she will just get better herself - here's hoping anyway!!!! Good luck!!
    Kelly - glad to hear Luke likes his solids! Angus is the same and will eat anything that comes within close proximity to his mouth! He loves pumpkin, sweet potato, beans, carrot, apples, pears, watermelon and cereal. He was only having then once a day, but was really unsettled so he is now having 3 solid meals a day and is a different baby, still having 5-6 BF also. We have no teeth here yet - looking forward to it hmmmm. Have needles and wt check next week, cant wait, although I suspect Angus hasalso slwoed down in the wt gain department.
    Tan, how are you feeling today. I am heaps better, maybe I was only side-swiped by that truck hehe! I always have bad allergy attacks, thankfully none of my kids have inherited that trait. My middle DD has inherited the asthma, but so far no allergies!
    Sarah, I will PM you later. I will try and get a x-mas photo done over the weekend so I can place an order with you. I have a little santa jumpsuit for Angus (so cute!!) and will have to find the girls something! AM excited!! Is very hard though to get 3 kids smiling and looking at camera - Kristen wish you lived closer!!!!

Anyway, better go, have to try and tidy up a bit. AM sick of cleaning, washing etc etc, no doubt you all are also!!! Am wondering how it is all going to get done when I go back to work....

Take Care!

Dan - You know I've often just said - do what you have to do to get through hun. If that means keeping the wrap for a little longer then so be it, you will be able to get rid of eventually. Is she rolling in her cot yet? That would be my only concern about her being wrapped but if she isn't rolling in bed yet then I wouldn't be overly concerned. If she is - can you unwrap her or loosen it once she is asleep? Or even try loosening it by the tiniest amount over the next 2 weeks say - just a teeeeny bit each time and see if you can eventually go to nothing.

Same with the dummy - my neice had one(actually 2 one in her hand and one in mouth ) til she was 3 - not ideal I know but hey, she is now a gorgeous 15 year old who doesnt have a dummy anymore and is fine!! I also think that trying to get rid of 2 comfort items for her at once would be really difficult to do all at once - and one at a time would be a bit easier for you both hun. JMO.

I hope you find something that works hun - this mothering gig is really hard isn't it especially when you aren't getting enough sleep.

Michelle - I m so glad you are feeling better! Im not so stuffed up tday but still feeling heady - Izzy has still got a snotty nose I was going to do a little shopping trip with a girlfriend today to get out for a bit but I don't like taking her out when she's all snotty nosed. Yay for the christmas pics- I really need to get something organised too!

Just a quick one..

Michelle - I'm thinking of starting Luke on three solid meals a day too as I think he needs more!! He's been really unsettled and seems to be waking up early (5am) starving!!! So, can I ask when you do your three solid meals and do you do them before or after a bf?? Lukes on formula so he's having 4 bottles a day, usually at about 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm. I just don't know when to slot the solid meals in, as well as his sleeps. Its all very confusing and at the same time, I don't want to be too strict with a routine as I've found it doesn't work that well wtih Luke.

Thanks!

Kelly xx

Well normally.... Angus has a BF st 4.30/5am, then again at 7.30/8am. then I give him brekky at about 9am(cereal try Rafferty's Garden multigrain breakfast with banana and apricot in soft resealable bag from woolies/coles) Angus loves this stuff! Has a bath and goes to bed for nap! gets up about 12ish has BF, then lunch about 12.30/1pm. Normally cereal again or rice cereal with fruit - apples/pears etc. Then has nap about 3ish, just a small one. Has BF when he gets up, then I give him some cruskits with vegemite or watermelon in mesh feeder. Then... he has dinner 5.30/6pm, Bf at 6.30 then bed for the night!! That is if everything stays to plan hahaha

So I would normally for brekky and lunch feed milk first, then try solis about an hour latr, so for Luke 8am and 12, but for dinner I give it before BF so you could try solids at about 5.30/6. Only because Angus likes boobie before he goes to sleep! After his bottle in the arve you could try a cracker or some fruit as well!

Angus is pretty adaptable and will eat anything! He had toast this morning and had a huge bit in his mouth, he gagged and I tried to get it, but no, my big boy just swallowed it! then he laughed as if to say your're not getting my toast!!!

Good Luck - all very much trial and error! But trust me on that cereal - Angus never really liked the farex but this stuff he loves! Is in an orange bag by the way!

Lee - I'm hoping not to have to turn Izzy's seat around until I need another seat for Ned when Iz is 12 months. My car seat says up to 12 months for rear facing, so she'll stay that way as long as I can. She's getting a bit bored too, so I'm taking a toy or two with me now so she can keep herself amused.

Tan - sorry you're feeling sick, and now Izzy. In relation to a capsule, can I recommend you hire one, not buy one, for your next bubby. I hired one for Izzy, and with her reflux it was the worst thing I could put her in- it crumpled her little tummy up and aggravated her reflux so badly that she screamed in pain the whole time she was in the car. I agree with you though - from a safety point of view, capsules are great. I'm hoping Ned will be happier in one than Iz was.

Dan - so sorry sleep school didn't work at all. Like Tan said, whatever gets you through is the "right" thing to do, so if that's still wrapping then who cares. The "Baby Whisperer" from Melbourne (I think) that I heard speak at the Perth Baby Expo actually recommends wrapping until 12 months and sometimes beyond. I'm sure you've tried everything, but when I was weaning Izzy off her wrap I just gradually made it looser and looser so that as soon as she moved she'd be free (obviously just make sure you start it lower on her body so she can't get the wrap twisted around her head.)

Kelly - sorry to hear Luke's not a happy camper. Izzy was terrible after her injections this time too. That's great that Luke is taking to solids so well - I'm very jealous!

Sarah - not good about Justin's crash. He's not going to look good in your holiday pics is he!! Have a great time at the beach - a few days away will be fantastic. As for safety, I think you've got it covered. Not sure what you can do about Noah trying to drink the seawater - Izzy wants to put everything in her mouth (except food of course!!). We've all drunk it at one stage though so I'm sure even if he does get a mouthful he'll be fine.

Michelle - sorry you're sick too. As for all the housework, yep, I'm over it too. I'm incredibly lucky and have cleaners once a fortnight, but cos I'm anal I clean before they come and also the week inbetween. I think once Ned comes along I'm going to have to just say stuff it though. I feel as though I'm doing washing every day though - its ridiculous how one little baby can go through so much stuff! No idea how you cope with multiple kiddies!! I'm jelous of you too with Angus eating so well.

So, everything seems to be ok with Izzy. Dr checked her over really thoroughly and thinks its probably just a combination of the immunisations, teething, hot weather we're having and hayfever (the poor little poppet has allergies!). The challenge for the day was getting a urine sample from Izzy - interesting when you can't just say "hey, go wee in this cup for me"! Haven't achieved it yet, but she's perked up a lot today (was awake for 4 hours straight - oh yay!) so I'm not worried about her. We're still struggling with solids - she seems a little more enthusiastic about the rice cereal now but nothing else. I really hope she hasn't inherited her daddy's total lack of appreciation for food!!

Sarah - forgot to say that I hope Juz is ok the poor thing - must have been a huge shock hun.

Peach Guest

What a week Mackenzie and I have had! Sound like everyone else is going through a rough patch aswell! Kenzies arm has completely healed and she is using it 100% - that was a bit of a scare! The sling is off and we are all good now!
    My breastfeeding is becomming more and more difficult, I am only feeding on 1 side and my surgeon said at my checkup that I need to wean her because I have developed an abscess and she needs to go on formula. Really sad about this, not sure I will take her advice just yet. I might give it a few more weeks to heal and see if I can dry the affected side up ... not sure how to .. but I'll try anything to keep BFing her .. she loves the booby!

Kenzie is now sitting up unassisted We have had a few face plants on the floor but now she quite a confident sitter! Thats something for the baby book (if I ever get around to writing in it!!!) She is beginning to now throw tantrums when I put her down for her daily sleep .. sleep time is so stresful for us and I have tried everything but nothing seems to work except laying next to her while feeding her to sleep.

Lulu: Im glad the dr said Izzy is ok .. its really hard when its a guessing game as to why is isnt feeling well :/

Shellebelle: Thank you so much for posting Angus's routine, it gives me some guidance as to where KEznie should be atm because we are allll over the place with sleeps / solids etc .. I can't believe he is eating toast! WOW! I would be scared that she would choke.(Huge fear of mine) I hear you about the washing and house wor, my DH comes home and says.. Jen have you done any housework today.. I just give him the look! Sometimes I wish he could stay home and look after KEznie do the shopping and cooking and I went to work, just so he can understand how hard it is!

Dan: I still wrap Kenzie, but I wrap her with her arms out, because she can roll. I also give her a dummy. However shes not a good sleeper either so I'm probably not the best person to give you advice on the sleeping issue. I agree with everyone else about the comfort items, shes still very tiny and might still need the security of being wrapped with her dummy... why is there a rush to take them away?

Kelly: Solids poo is gross isnt it! Although Kenzie only poos once every 3 days so I can't complain! Hopefully over the next week you get some times to enjoy a coffee and come "me" time!

Tan: Hope you and Izzy are feeling better now .. how the bottle feeding going? Did Izzy manage to get used to drinking from a bottle? Great to hear you have some 1/2 days at work!

Well thats all I can manage for personals Hi to all the other May mummies! HOpefully I can get on BB a bit more often if I can every get my house in order ...

Jen

Just a super quick one here again - Jen, I would call the ABA and get some advice or post here and see what Barb says - it sounds like you definately want to keep breastfeeding Kenzie which is great and there is absolutely no reason why you can't keep doing that only one side hun. Take heart - there is a way with support for you to do it- you go girl (boo to your Dr )

Oh Jen you poor thing. Which side have you got an abcess on now?? I read your other post LMAO at custard - that is gross, I would have freaked totally as well!!! I agree with Tan, ring the aba, I don't see why you need to stop BF if she is feeding well just from the one side?? Glad her arm is better too. I am forever reminding DD 3 not to smother Angus, she lays beside him and cant resist hugging and kissing him all the time!! He is going to be very spoilt by his big sisters!! And yay at the sitting up! I wish Angus would cause he gets so grumpy on the floor, but he is no where near sitting up!! I think he might crawl first cause he gets up and tries to move along.

Anyway, I btter go. The girls had a sleepover at Grandmas last night, so we have to go have brekkie with them!! Not that I got any more sleep!! Maybe Angus should have had a sleepover as well!!

Take Care evryone!

Peach Guest

Tan - Barb gave me some advice on the other thread and suggested I get a second opinion. I have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics so I am going to see if it heals on its own, which might take awhile because it was the size of an orange. It is the most discusting thing ... but I have to keep reminding myself it was all worth it because the lump I had removed wasnt cancer...
    Shelle: Its on the right side. Kenzie feeds exclusively from my left breast and is fine I have stepped up her solids to try and compensate but the breast milk seenms to have stepped up production on the left! My sugeon said that the afected breast will have a hard time healing if there is milk constantly there and flowing through the wound. ICK! I might wait till I go home for christmas and see my family doctor .. i trust his opinion.

Jen - that sounds nasty! Good on you for persevering though and keeping up with just one side. I'm no expert but I wouldn't see how breasmilk could stop the abcess from healing - I remember being told when Izzy was born to put breastmilk on everything to heal it!! Maybe if you just try and keep your affected breast exposed so the skin can stay as dry as possible (not practical I know!!). I'm all for the old family GP too - I took Izzy to a new GP who is in the next street and I hated him so I now drive half an hour and wait 2 hours to see the GP I've been going to since I was 12.

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY IZZY!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast