Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

Milk- Bub is only on the breast. He has had milk in cooking though. He probably needs more dairy.
    Toilet training- I have put bub on the toilet a few times. Ideally he would be nappy free but that needs much more than I have.

Hi Dana,

It sounds like are bubs are all very busy little beans hey!!

Milk - I started Sara on milk with breakfast and in cooking at 11months. Then last week I started putting milk in her day time bottles 1/2 milk and 1/2 formula. Her poos are a bit on the loose side, but I heard that this is normal. I decided to give her milk now because she is not fussed on bottles through the day and she is a very good eater. So in her diet she is getting a huge variety of food anyway. When she turns 1 yo I am going to give her all milk drinks during the day. I will continue formula until this tin is finished.

You can refer to the thread on Feeding Babies and also there is a thread on toilet training as well.

My friend had 2 boys who were fully toilet trained by 18mnths and she suggested to use summer time as on opportunity to put bub in trainer pants and let them feel themselves wetting their pants. This apparently helps them to associate the need to go to the toilet. She also suggested to to this outside with a potty close by.

All the best for your family.

I am going to try this but I am not going to push this issue, I also think a bub has to be mentally ready to this. I have had friends worrying themselves sick because their 2year olds weren't toilet trained and then all of a sudden it happend in one week (when the child was ready).

Hi - I started mixing Alex's bottles when he was about 11 months - 3/4 formula to 1/4 milk to start with. I think he is fine with it and he has closer to four bottles and a half a spilt cup now, rather than three bottles. And he eats EVERYTHING. Roasts, chicken schnitzel, mince and most vegies, except beans.

About the potty - I started Cait on it when she could crawl and sit properly, just so she would not be scared of it later on. I tried to train seriously when she was two but she didn't want to know about it. About three months later she wanted to do it and was day trained in a week. Must dig it out of the garage ...

I guess they have to feel uncomfortable when they're wet to know what is going on, if they don't mind getting around with wet pants then I wouldn't think they were ready for training. If you listen to my mother, we were all out of nappies by 10 months !

Milo doesn't like chewing, he tries to swallow everything whole, even sandwiches and toast :eek: but we're still trying.
    he was OK with eggs, we only just got around to trying those last month cos MCHN said something about him having to have had whole egg 12 months as they need to know of any allergy prior to vaccinations?

hi again,

well... ethan's birthday party has been cancelled. we just found out this morning that my FIL has to stay in hospital for a couple of weeks so it just wouldn't be right for the whole family to be celebrating when he's lying in a hospital bed. i feel bad for ethan... but i guess the upside is that he won't remember anyway.. i guess... but you only turn 1 once right... i'm awful to be thinking that aren't i?

so anyway, i've got about 3 tins of formula left so i guess i'll just use them all up before making the switch. i've never heard anything about mixing cows milk with formula.. i might give that a try just in case he doesn't take to it.

about toilet training... ethan can sit in a poohey nappy for a few hours and it wouldn't bother him one bit (unless it was one of those really toxic, nappy rash causing poohs). so i guess that means he doesn't really mind or know the difference between dry and wet. i think i'll go out and buy one anyway and give it a go. can't hurt and i'll be needing it eventually.

ray, ethan is the same with swallowing things in one gulp! i guess that's why he chokes when i try to go a little lumpier. i've never heard anything about having a whole egg though, i'll ask the nurse when i he has his 12 month check up next week.

My bub has yet to have any vaccinations. I may get them done next year.
    A week til he turns one ...eeek.

i just got a immunisation history statement in the mail... it's from medicare. gosh they really keep tabs on immunising kids aye? it's got everything from the date i took ethan to the docs right down to the brand of immunisation. it feels like i'm being watched...

i took ethan in for a haircut today and he was so good! i'm hoping to organise a little picnic for ethan's birthday tomoro without being too much of a huge celebration. hope everyone else is having a good weekend...

We got the same letter - blank statement as he is not up to date.

Bub stood up today with a huge smile. He will only take astep at a time then sits down.
    He points at everything.

Congrates on bub standing up.

I hope you enjoy Ethan's birthday ge together. My husband is Polish and every family event has to be a big to do with hours of preparation/cooking with some times up to 60 guests. With DD bday party I have decided to have a sausage sizzle in the park with no fuss. I am hoping that everybody gets to enjoy the day without the fuss.

No fuss birthday - sounds ideal. My family hardly get together so its a great chance to see each other.

Hi - some childcare centers ask for an up to date immunisation statement when you enrol. Also, I think at 18 months if bub has had all his/her jabs, you get a once off immunisation allowence from the government.

Dana, I hope your FIL isn't too bad and that you have a good day on Thursday. I've thought about getting Ale'x hair cut, the front sticks up a lot in different directions and the back looks like being curly.

You can get an exemption from immunisation. In Aus we are not forced to do as such.

I just read another thread about activities for 12month+. I am running out of ideas to keep Sara occupied. Atm we stack cup, do rings, sing with actions, read, play ball, play who's that person in the photo and go outside for a run around.

I was thinking of introducing some bubbles and water games as well. Anyone else go any ideas???? DD is getting bored with the same old games.

my B&SIL held a surprise party for ethan yesterday afternoon and although he was asleep when we arrived, it was such a nice gesture! we had some very funny moments and i'm happy to have gotten some video footage to show him when he's a bit older.

bekz, no matter what games i play and what toys he has, ethan loves nothing better than to go for a walk. he even knows which driveway to turn in to when we head back home and it's so cute.. and the weather's been so nice lately as well. that and anything that makes loud noises.. hehe..

My bub loves playing bungy jumping. I know it sounds funny but he swings his head back so he can go upside down. I just know he is going to be a thrill seeker.

Milo likes to dive underwater at bathtime! Maybe he will be a swimmer like me

Out of the water he just likes being cheeky. anything that gets a "No" is his new favourite activity!

He loves walks, and being outside in general. On the weekend we walk down to the river and watch the ducks.

Oh my bub loves having a bath or shower. He never wants to get out now. H

One on Thursday - OH MY!! My bub is growing up!

Gobblygook, my nephew is also 1 on Thursday. How exciting!!!!!

Sara loves being outside and climbing. She has marstered climbing onto the lounge and getting off it, she can do this for up to 20 mins. Up and down, up and down and so on.

Anyone thinking about TTC their next bub? I finally feel back to normal again (although I have 5 kgs more to lose) and suddenly feeling clucky all over again.
    Last edited by BekZ; October 31st, 2006 at 10:23 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast