Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in November 2005

Hi - quiet in here lately.

We're going good here - Alex is sleeping through the night, but is a bit unsettled during the day, especially when we go out. In the car, out of the car, in the pram, out of the pram ... I think I'd be a bit p*ssed off too.

He has 4 - 5 feeds a day, depending on how well he sleeps during the day, I'm not fussed about giving him 'arf (on the buses anyone ?) if he is a bit cranky.

When he smiles, his whole face lights up, I could look at him all day. He dribbles a lot and gets his hand in his mouth for munching a lot. I wish I had 10 cents for everyone who has asked if he has a dummy or tells me that he looks hungry when he has his hand in his mouth. Or asks if he's teething !

Barb.

yep, I get the teething think too, as Milo munches on his hands at every opportunity.

Do they have a growth spurt at 3 months?

Milo is all of a sudden wanting to feed 7 times a day, when he's recently cut back to 5, to the point where he's waking up 2-3 hours earlier to get an extra feed in the morning.

I hope thats what it is, and not low supply.

hey - I'm having one of those days today ! I can just hear him now, he's been up and down all day.

I don't know about the growth spurts, I think my health nurse said on the last visit that they slow down in weight and size at around 5-6 months.

I wonder if they just get a bit cluey about crying and getting a cuddle and feed ?

Barb.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Ashleigh is doing the same thing, putting her hands into her mouth and drooling a lot as well. Usually when they are dribbling a lot and shoving their hands into their mouth that means that there gums are getting ready to start teething. There gums might be sore. Ashleigh has also got reflux and part of that is drooling a lot.

Ashleigh has plaster back on her leg and it will be on for two weeks, after that she might be alright, have to wait and see. She has to see the paedaetrician in 10 days for her reflux and her leg. She also due to go for her first visit to the clinic on the 10th March.

Ashleigh will be 4 months next week, and will be having her four month needles shortly. I am also going to start her on rice cereal at the end of next week and see if giving her solids will help her reflux.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(3 months old)

How is everyone (& their bub) going?

Milo has screamed the house down the past 3 days between his last 2 feeds - like 'I'm in pain mummy' kind of screaming. DH wasn't home tonight and in the end I was in tears. I feel completely helpless when it happens. ](*,)

Eventually something worked, not sure what, and he calmed down enough to have his feed, and was asleep by the end.

We went to the paed. today, she was lovely said he's fine, healthy. I told her about the screaming, she didn't htink much of it as it had only happened twice recently, but I'll keep an eye on it & if its regular/ongoing I might give her a call.

40 minutes later we woke up & did a big burp and was asleep again in my arms, so he's back in bed now.

Not sure what it is, he used to do this a fair bit, but hasn't done for almost 2 months now.

Hi - a lot of things I've read about crying, say that crying up to three hours a day is normal !

On Christmas eve Alex woke up around midnight with the loud urgent scream - I went in and burped him and he went straight back to sleep - this happened at 1am and 2am also ! He didn't want to feed, just burped and back to sleep.

He's waking at around 4am now, instead of 6 or 7.

I've gone back to work on Friday nights, I've done the last two. The first week Nick got Alex off to bed OK, but last week he rang me at work almost hysterical saying that he wouldn't sleep. Nick took the phone down to Alex's room so I could hear him cry too (thanks!) and by the time he got there, Alex had gone to sleep !

What woudl the baby translater say - boob, boob, boob ... take my nappy off ... stop talking silly to me ...

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Ashleigh is having her screaming fits, during her feeds. Today she refused her first feed at 5am, I just had to give her dummy back and she went back off to sleep, than I tried to feed her again at 8am, she screamed, so in the end I ended up trying to give her some rice cereal with a bit of gel in it to get something into her as she had nothing since 8pm the night before. At 11am she finally took her bottle, 15 hours after her last bottle. Luckily she had some rice cereal with gel in it. I am thinking she is starting to want some food as she is now four months old, so I am going to start slowly by letting her have rice cereal and gel for the first couple of weeks and then try her on other foods.

Ashleigh is now got some sort of guard on her foot because she won't keep the plaster on. The guard I can keep putting it back on whereas I couldn't with the plaster. The physio is now saying that there might be something wrong with her left hip as well as her left foot. Have to see paedaetrician on Tuesday, hoping he can give me some answers.

Ashleigh had her four month needles yesterday, I can not believe four months have already gone since giving birth to her. It seems that after having your babies goes quicker than when you are pregnant.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(four months old)

Time does go fast doesn't it? I can't beleive Milo is almost 4 months old.
    He has his 4 month check up next week, but he'll only be 15.5 weeks? MCHN said he can have one later depending how he goes.

He has been sleeping better the past 2 days & seems to have settled down (thanks Shannon) so only lasted for 3 days with the screming- maybe he was having a growth spurt - or just over tired. Hmm.

I got 3 sleeps out of him today which is really good, as normally he only has 2, and sometimes only 1 in the morning then nothing.

Boy its hot here today! I don't know how you guys north of Victoria do it - anytime its over 20 I tell DH I want to move to Tassie for the milder weather.

Milo cut his first tooth today :shock:

I was kinda holding on to the dream that he wouldn't start teething til at least 6 months...but alas! this was not to be.

We shall see what happens on the breastfeeding front now..and just as I was starting to enjoy feeding him.

MCHN checkup tomorrow. I hope he's still putting on weight OK, cos his feeding has been all over the place, probably due to the teething.

Hi - first tooth - thats exciting - which one is it ? I think the top two in the middle and then the bottom two in the middle are usually the first.

Thats prolly why he's been crying - could you feel it before it came through ?

Barb.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

First tooth in the November babies. I am thinking that Ashleigh is teething as well because she has been very irritable and all she wants to do is shove her fists, thumb, bib or my finger in her mouth and chew away. She is also dribbling a lot as well.

Regarding eating is concerned, it is coming a long slowly. She is eating a few teaspoons of rice cereal with gel in it a day, hoping to up it every day from now on.

Ashleigh went to the Paedaetrician on Tuesday, have to see paedaetric orthopaedic surgeon at Westmead on the 21st March because of her foot. It is still tight as well as her heel is to high on her foot, so she may have to have an operation to fix the problem, also going for ultrasound on her hips on the 15th March to see if there is a problem with her hips. Hoping not. Regarding her reflux the doctor wants me to try her off the zantac at the end of the month to see if the reflux gets any worse if she does she is back on it.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(4 months old)

it is the bottom left tooth

Michele - you have a lot on your plate, with four other children and Ashleigh at the doctors.

I just had a look at Milos pictures online, they're beautiful - camo pants ! My mum pretty much told me of the first time I put jeans on Alex, said he was too young for them. I admit though, in jeans and a shirt with a collar, he looked like a mini two year old, which was a bit weird.

Remember when the babies were 'young' and had the red puffy new born faces and scrunched up eyes ? Alex has outgrown his 000 clothes already.

I expressed milk on Friday night after work as I was feeling a bit 'full' and I got 200mls in about 20 minutes, most excited as I've never done that much in that time before.

Barb.

Aw thanks! we think he's cute too

Yep, the camo pants were a present from DH's relos in NSW, they're so cute.

Milo is in 00, except for wondersuits which he is in a 0. Some of his all in ones are getting tighter though. I hope the winter stuff I bought him in size 0 will still fit ok.

I'm hoping he's going to sleep at the moment, he's been quiet for over 2 minutes. The past 2 days have been really good sleep-wise, but day sleeping is still a fight most days. Night sleeping is still fantrastic though.

Hi - I started a page for Alex the other night after looking at yours !

We had the 4 month health nurse check up yesterday - Alex has not put on much weight, but he did grow 4cm in a month. It's weird, he's feeding, sleeping and having plenty of wet nappies but the nurse thinks my milk supply might be low, she has recommended some herb supplement, called phenogreek (bad spel) and to feed him more often.

I've got a few 00 outfits that Alex hasn't worn, summer things, mostly presents that I would like to take back and swap for bigger things.

Same here with the sleeping - it's good that the night sleeping is good, otherwise the days would be a real struggle.

Fenugreek.
    Yep its a herb, I use it all the time in cooking.

My naturopath recommended it to me as well, its supposed to be good for supply.

If you get it, will you get the tea or tablets - cos if you are after the tea, it will be much cheaper to but the fenugreek at the supermarket or at an indian grocer than at a health food store.

Milo hadn't put on a lot of weight either, but then they do slow down about now don't they? He is having his proper 4 month check on April 4th.

Ok, off to check out Alex's website..

Forum Name: Carrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 21.8.05 (but was due 7.11.05)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 1445 gm (Length - Head Circ - not done due to prematurity)
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kyla
    Baby's Website: See signature
    Health Concerns: 11 weeks prem
    Notes: IVF baby born by emerg c-section at 28.6weeks. In hospital for 2 months

Hi there everyone - it's been a while since I've talked to you all, so it's great to hear that everyone is doing well.
    After Kyla's early start we are now doing really well and she's getting big - at her 4 month check she weighed 5.5 kg.
    Look forward to chatting with you all.
    Carrie

WooHoo!

Hi Carrie, great to hear from you and I am glad Kyla is doing so well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast