Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #24

Default Babies Born November 2006 #24

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected] - Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Administrator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found HERE

woohoo I'm first for the first time!

Christy he has cows milk on his weetbix for bfast and yoghurt with lunch and dinner. Refuses cheese tho. Do you think I should try the chiro option - am just a bit scared about chiro on a baby.

nelly i took sophie to a pead. chiro at 8 weeks for her neck and although sceptiacal about them he was great!!

went to the fanny dr today, all is ok with my discomfort during sex, i just need to relax easier said than done!! but have also decided to see him for my next pregnancy as well.

oh Jols with what you went through after birth there's no wonder why its hard to relax. I am going to reveal a bit here but I was sexually abused at 14 and it took until I was married at 23 to be able to think about having something near me... even then it was painful & stressful for years after.... probably not what you want to hear, but just to let you know that even if nothing is terribly wrong anymore, its not easy to relax. In the old days they used to give women morphine to be able to have sex.

Nelly I think chiro is okay... I had better results with acupuncture with Jovie than chiro.

Today I was in the kitchen & the kiddies were playing in the house & I could see Matilda but not Jovie (I could hear her) and sudden Jovie started screaming, I ran over & picked her up & she had cut her lip & was bleeding. Poor sausage. She recovered really quickly, Matilda got her dummy for her.

lmao @ fanny dr
    not a bad night last night here, except the power went off around 1030 so the security alarm beeps non stop to let you know the power's off and of course the baby monitor couldnt work so while evie slept i didnt!

hi all...

I just had the best thing happen... I have just discovered a long lost friend in the BB facebook group! I can't beleive it...

She is pretty special... she understood me at a time when I needed some real understanding, and in a lot of ways marks the beginning of a tremendous journey for me... I can't wait to speak to her...

Anyway... me - hmmm...hanging it there. feelign pretty dried up and used at the moment...the barrel is running pretty low on the energy stakes! i have been so worried about the kids that I have stopped looking after me...and so I am shattered because I have not been eating properly...

Aston is nearly walking by himself...he has been taking more and more steps each day since Monday... I don't know if I am ready for him to walk - that really is the end of baby hood then...

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

SOrry to hear you are rundown Vicky, glad you found your long lost friend online, the wonder of cyberspace! Aw, Aston nearly walking! that's exciting and a tiny bit sad all at the same time.

AJP - i hear you, that kind of pain is very real for me too.

i had bilbs looked at by my chiro at two weeks old, she had a very traumatic start to life (apgar score of 2 out of 10) and was removed from me in such a violent way (cos of the Bandl's Ring disaster), that i was worried about her back alignment. The chiro was very gentle with her and i felt safe. But i already knew that chiro, he looked after me during pregnancy.

Hope Jovie's lip is ok Christy. That's lovely that Matilda got her the dummy.

christy i too have to admit ive been through that as well i stil have a fear of older men, i dont like FIL seeing sophie naked at all, scares me
    well i relaxed last night and it was heaps better, almost normal, best $141 ive ever spent for someone to tell me to relax :P

we were up at 5.30 this morning !! arrrhhh loving the early mornings.....NOT

KIM - 18th October - 3.13am - 8lb 6oz /3.8kg - 52cm -head circ wrong date

JOLS - Girl - 19th October - 5.45am - 8lb 1oz /3.65kg - 50cm - head circ 35cm wrong date

NELLY - Boy - 18th October - 8.47am - 8lb 5oz /3.77kg - 54.5cm - head circ wrong date

BLANCHE Girl - 23rd October - 6.50pm - 7lbs 3oz /3.26kg - 52cms - head circ

ANN - Girl - 20th October - 5am - 7lb 12oz /3.5kg - 50cm - head circ wrong date

VICKY - Boy - 20th October- 4.58pm - 7lb2oz - 3.23kg - 51cm - head circ wrong date

CHRISTY -Girl - 17th October - 3pm - 7lb 15oz /3.60kg - 50cm - head circ 34cm wrong date!!

TARA - Girl - 16th October - 3.47am - 7lbs 8oz / 3.40kg - 53cm - head circ 36cm wrong date!!
    Last edited by Olive; October 22nd, 2007 at 08:28 AM.

christy do you still have the recipe from this thread:

Baby Food Recipes! - Page 2 - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

its no longer there when you open it!!

ta love

Well looks as if ive lost my bet on today Jols.....bub still not here and its waaaay past 3.13am!

We were up at 11.30, 1240 and back to bed at 2am last night.

i feel like I have been thrown a life boat, full of equipment, and are going to be able to hoist myself out of the shark infested waters I seem to have found myself in of late. Went to the counselling appointment this morning with the family Therapist, and she is great. She wants to see me - "because if your not ok, then nothing else is going to be" as she said. I am going again next week,and she will see Nathan the week after... she said to be me, remember to Breath!!!!

Aston god love him, is starting to have a few tanties...when he can't have something or gets something taken off him. Thank goodness he gets over himself pretty quickly though. anyway, he has a big sister pave the way before him, and he is going to have to do HEAPS better with tantie chucking before he can get a rise out me ... lol

bbl for personals. Hi kim...

awww Vicky its funny isn't it, Jovie had a tanty today & my friend & I laughed at her. Poor sausage, would have to kick up a lot more for us to do anything about it. After Matilda, tanties have to be worked hard on

AJP which one? The muffin or polenta fingers?

Pumpkin & polenta fingers

1 cup mashed pumpkin
    1 cup polenta
    3 cups water

Bring water to a boil, add polenta & boil until thick (test to see if grainy, if too grainy add more water). When thick to the consistency of porridge mix in pumpkin. Line a slice tray with baking paper & pour the mix onto it. Put the mix into the fridge to cool & set. Then you can either cut out shapes with cookie cutters or cut into fingers & pop them in the oven on 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until browned slightly.

Vege muffins:

1 carrot grated
    1 zucchini grated
    100gm ham chopped
    1 egg
    1/2 cup self raising flour
    1/2 cup rice milk (you can use cows milk...)
    1/2 cup cheese grated (if you are that way inclined)

Mix together & pop into greased muffin containers in the oven until browned. I cook them at 180.

HTH!

thanks christy i was after the pumkin fingers!!

Hi everyone

Vicky, im glad that the therapist is great..and hope u are feeling much much better soon..thats great also that u found an old friend!

TapTap on Kim's bump, come on little bubba we all want to meet u!!! not long at all now!

We have 5 teeth here now, still waking through the night though and another early riser here we have been up at 5.30 for the last 3 days and theres no birds around here!

i cant keep up. You girls leave me in the dust!

AJP & Christy - That kind of thing is frightening common. One of my friends had the same experience with a family friend they still see him.

We are also having tanties too Vicky. When we take the toys away from her, when we put her in the pram, when we change her nappy - she's a willful girl!

Kim - hello bubs! is mum's tummy too comfy?

Gigi - that's a beautiful pic of the bilby! (and boob)

Well Ella woke up yesterday and had 2 shiny new teeth! We have a total of 8 now. No sleeps today and was a complete mess at the end of the day. But she's now in bed and went to sleep without her dummy!

Ann

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Eight teeth! that's very impressive Ella! and five for Emelia - wow. I don't even know how many we have. The botton two are on display all the time now, but the top row is "off limits". Bilbies are very private and protective of their teeth it seems! So maybe one day she will decide we're allowed to see, and we'll get a big shock (how many there are).

Thinking of you Kim! Passing you raspberry tea and organic chocolate (black & green brand at woollies).

Sounds like you have a great family therapist Vicky and they are right, if things are not good for you - how can you be the mum you want to be for your kidlets?

AJP - whatever got you to relax in that way, if you manage to work out what that was, can you send some my way please? that's priceless.

Christy - are those baby solids recipes? I bought a Women's Weekly book called "baby food" and there are very few recipes in it (most info is about bf-ing!!!) and nothing to help you if you are having trouble, it assumes your kids are great eaters, like all tastes and textures and swallow lumps easily. Not impressed with that little book. Should be re-titled.

we went to moooove and groooove today, bit disorganised, cos normal leader is overseas, but bilby really enjoyed it.

Luua - i am no longer so busty! Bad attack of gastro has de-ballooned me ha ha, plus we are feeding less often now (3 - 4 hourly). That photo was back in February when we were feeding every 90 mins i think! Dolly Parton time!!! Bilby is not into cuddles but i feel we bond over feeding, if nothing else! Gotta find the rainbows where you can.

M2 is still a no show. Went to GP yesterday, he refused a stretch and sweep. BP was up...but he was ok with it. Came home at 6pm, went straight to bed and cried. 1.30am i got up and slept in bubs room....if i cant make bub come out.. ill just have to sleep in there

Was a pretty rough night for me. Poor Craig thought he'd done something wrong.

Chelsea was also up at 11.40 (asking for her mama) 1am and again at 330am....always asking for me. But i couldnt face the world..or my poor DD.

Climbed back into my own bed around 430...couldnt sleep so Craig and i went for a drive.. eneded up at KK and then a drive around the nearby towns before getting home at 530am...back to bed and up again at 730 to get chelsea off to FDC.

Might be off to the baby expo today....bub sure aint coming so might as well make the most of the day

Oh and on the teeth record...we have 6....4 tops, 2 bottoms

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast