Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #25

It was around this time that Matilda started dropping her second sleep.... she started with dropping 1 a week for a few weeks than 2 for a week and then all....

Jovie rarely has two sleeps anymore (annoying) but its okay because its easier to do things if she doesn't sleep.

Kim - just read your birth story - ahhhh i know this sounds funny but isn't labour beautiful!? (thanks to the drugs) I had the gas for 6hrs and twas great. (Ella was born in 24hrs).

AJP - i find Ella is not only clingy but constantly kissing me! very very sweet but she doesnt like going to anyone else so its also exhausting.

Nelly - i would take the small shoes but to be honest i dont see the point of shoes for a baby who doesnt move! Ella has a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals. (all tiny)

Ella's still trying to get use to the time change as QLD doesnt have daylight savings. We've been waking her up 15mins earlier to shuffle her forward. Seems to be working.
    We finally got her into her forward facing seat. Yes - little Ella was in a capsule for almost 12months! She loved it so much she fell asleep in 5mns flat! (when she wasnt suppose to)

Ann

i cant keep up with everyone
    sorry you were feeling crappy jols and kim
    we bought a new king size bed today (i'm 5ft so obviously need the space) but out old bed was just crap and every morning we'd wake up feeling worse than before we went to bed so hopefully we'll have a good nights sleep tonight
    evie had a great night last night. bed at 645 woke at 1045, 245 then 6!! a sleep in! wow! too bad i was relying on her being up early so i'd leave for the airport to pick my mum up at 6!!!! crazy. the normally 50min trip took 1.5hrs! and same on the way home! evie was way over it!! poor bugger!
    tonight i left evie to cry for a minute when she thought bed time meant play time and it only took me leaving twice (for seriously like 40 seconds) for her to realise it was time for sleep. so i laid her back down and she held my hand and went to sleep.
    also, we are mega clingy at the moment too and kissy! worst is when i am trying to put her to sleep and getting cranky cos i'm over it - she just kisses and kisses!!
    i am absolutely buggered so i'm going to bed, also i'll be MIA for a while with me mum

Have a great weekend with ur mum Tara!!!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

just read pages 5 & 6

love the birthday photos AJP - even though the one with you in it, is a bit sad, like a mummy who's getting no sleep? Sophie and the cupcakes are very photogenic!

Christy and Vicky - ditto what you both expressed about not being able to be there in person to help when you'd like to - moral support has it's place too, but sometimes, i wish i could meet you all in person.

THat was interesting what you said Vicky, about leaving baby with dh for x hours, and dh not wanting to admit that he finds it hard!! I can't leave bilbs with dh for very long, cos i need to be there when she gets thirsty, and i am not using EBM or bottles at all. But the thought of going off for a massage sounded mighty good!

Your island holiday sounded wonderful Luua.

We had a mini poo painting episode a few weeks ago ourselves. I left bilbs on the changetable, with the harness done up tight, left her there naked, thinkjng, she hasn't had nappy free time for ages (too mobile for nappy free time mat anymore), so i thought i was doing the right thing. When i cam back, she had poodled allover the changetable mat, was kneeling up with two poo covered hands on the wall, obviously about to try climbing up the wall!!! Lucky i walked in when i did! The harness was STILL done up, so she had wriggled out of it and turned around on her tum, then got up. I am very glad that the wall paint was washable, i got those two handprints off ok.

Bilbs is also very clingy most of the time now. She doesn't want me to leave the room sometimes, crying to be held (then she squirms like "put me down", so i do, then she cries and reaches for me!!! It took me a morning of crying (her) and singing (me) to finally get her to sleep at 12.03 when our mum's group today started at 12.30!!! I woke her at 12.50 to rush there, cos i suddenly realised, it was Baby Massage day, and i didn't want us to miss that.

We've started going out alot more, and i find it very hard to juggle her sleeps with going out. Now it's 10pm, and i've just gotten her to sleep for tonight, well this evening. I know she'll be awake again round midnight, then two, then 6am then 9am.

the crawling is going great guns, standing unassisted for a few seconds, then PLOP down again! Playpen is my saviour right now, i'm sure that little delusion will pop soon, when she is walking and climbing!

We started a Steiner playgroup on Tuesday, which i am over the moon about, feel like it is where we are meant to be, just feels right. So impressed by the little i observed about STeiner education, can't wait to go back next week.

ANd on Thursday, started a new mum's group further afield for me, but i really like the mix of mums in it (different ages and backgrounds). My other two mum's groups are polar oppposites, one is mainly mums under 20, the other is mums over 30.

Decided to postpone "moove and groove" for next year, when bilbs is walking, it was too hard for me to have to lift bilbs all the time, for every song, as much as we both enjoyed the music.

Bilbs has had her two front teeth come thru and we are still needing the bonjella and baby panadol more than i would like, so i guess more must be on the way.

still tossing up about how we will celebrate her first year of life. I had thought about an open invite for a get together at a shady playground nearby, dh wants us to go to a animal park, but without a sling and a pusher with small wheels, i don't think that's terribly practical (the walking around part).

KIM - sorry to hear you're having a down time, the reality of two children to look after, is that what's hitting you? I hope your MIL helped you while she was there. Is your mum going to come back? She was there BEFORE the birth wasn't she? I'd love to read your birth story, so i'm off to do that.

VICKY - i think it's WONDERFUL that you paint, good on YOU! whatever floats your boat i reckon.

In our crappy rental garden out the front (glorified barkchips and a few scraggly shurbs), tonight i attached, with string, to the side of a fence with the fence posts showing, a plastic lattice that you buy by the metre at hardware shops. Been wanting to do that since we moved in July last year, when i was six months pregnant and very unwell. The honeysuckle vine i planted along that fence has been growing, i FINALLY have something to trail it up and hopefully cover the fence and start making the crap front yard, look a little more welcoming and green (plus honeysuckle has a lovely fragrance when it's flowering (right now). Such a little job, taken me ALL THAT TIME to finally have time to do it!!! Normally, i create beautiful gardens wherever i live, turn something blah into something beautiful and productive - i really miss my gardening. Watering restrictions are so strict here now, it's a challenge working out how i will do it now. Hard to get new young plants established *meant to water them every day for a week, in their first week) with the new rules. I've been bucket watering (with our shower water and the water i use to wash out the nappy buckets) and my back is really paying for that now.

how amazing, a year ago, all of us were either pregnant, giving birth, or new mums of bubs just days, weeks old. WOW. what a journey it's been!

Gigi MIL was a huge help....my mum was down before Jasmines birth...Jas came Friday....mum left Saturday...so wasnt round to help. They couldnt stay longer cos had to get back to work after being in NZ for the last 3 weeks.

Argh we are having a horror of a night with both girls....wont sleep...chelsea is being a PITA and we are stressed outta our mind

hidey ho ladies...

Kim - sending magic sleeping dust into cyberspace NOW...get ready to catch it when it hits your place...

Gigi - aston is only having two and a bit feeds during the day now...when he wakes at around 4.30, then one side, or sometimes not at all, before he has an afternoon sleep, and then before he goes to bed for the night. I give him water from a sippy cup during the day. That is how I got to go out for 5hours...first time in 11months!!
    Which Steiner school have you been involved with? My DD went to a steiner school for 2 years...I love the whole premise of his philosophy.

Blanche...how you feeling? i can't believe how quick your pregnancy has gone so far...before we know it we will be celebrating your new arrival! are you going to find out what "colour" your having...and if you do are you going to tell us...lol

Tara - i hope you are having a great weekend with your mum hun.

Ann - ella must be such a petite little thing...Aston is a big thumper in comparison...and I'm so slack I have no idea how much he weighs at the moment...can you tell I'm the mum with 3 kids...lol

Christy - you just beat me to it...as I was reading all these posts about babies cutting out sleeps, some deep memory stirred in my sleep deprived brian and reminded me that it was around now, or about 1 that laura and nathan dropped down to one sleep a day. Sorry girls... on the up side, it means you have more time you can play with to get things done (she says tounge in cheek - unless I'm out with Aston, I don't get anything done when he is awake!)

Jols - hugs hun, and lots of them. I hope the sun shines brighter for you tomorrow hun.

Nelly - got your text, but not until late...sorry for the no reply. for you that Jake is moving onto books then bed, and no boobies...I keep oscillating from being over BF to wanting to keep doing it...lol I guess it depends on how much sleep I have had!

We were going to go to swimming lessons today, but I decided at the last minute to not go. Aston is still coughing and runny nose, hopefully he will be better by next week.

we watched transformers tonight. What a brilliant film! the effects are incredible.
    Going to the markets in the morning to get some seedlings for the vege patch...hopefully they will survie the heat, and the kangaroos and rabbits! Might have to put a fence around it... I don't know, if its not snakes in the house, its rabbits in the vege patch. the joys of living in the country.

Hey girls!

Yep you read Vicky's post right mr Jake has dissed me for his bed time booby feed and went straight to Daddy for book and bed last night. He has not really been too interested the last week and last night is the beginning of the end I think. I felt really sad bcos I love that last cuddle before he goes down. Now only doing the morning feed when he wakes up and even that he isn't really interested in - he's on and off and gets and mouthful and brrrrs it all over me.... won't be too long and that one will be all gone too. *sigh* I too am between can't wait for him to wean and not wanting to lose those snuggles.

Ann I agree about the shoes - I went through a spastic mind set that he needed shoes and bought about 8 pairs and of course they got worn heaps (not)! He hates shoes and even now prefers bare feet. Having said that now that he is walking around when we go outside into our patch of duct and bindi back yard I put these little "circus kids" shoes that are just really thin leather moccasins for want of a better explanation.

Blanchie, Jols, Tara, Kim, Gigi, Christy how are you all going? Hope the sleep fairies all came. Christy I just remembered we were having a girls night last night sorry I forgot. Ann has she got back into a pattern? How's the pain Vicky?

We walked to the shops together yesterday! Our corner shop is literally the next block down and he pushed his little trolley there and back. So cute! I carried him up the hill and across the roads but apart from that he was on his own steam. A 5 min round trip took half an hour mind you!

LOL nelly its all good. DH went away & we dropped him off at 6pm and on the way home Matilda fell asleep, Jovie stayed up until 8pm and then woke heaps last night, must have known something was off. I went into the girls room & slept on the spare bed with Jovie. It was good not to be up & down, but painful because she woke up heaps & would pull my top up to get the boobies.

man so much to reply too!!!

well i feel better today not sure if its because its around sophies birthday that memories and feeling come flooding back from her birth that i feel crap, i feel like the PND had reared her ugly head with avengence again feel out of control the past few days. will see how the coming ones go.
    GIGI the pic of me and sophie i wasnt sleep deprived just tired as per usual!! i hate having my pic taken when not dressed properly!!
    we too are having teething problems, sophie is very hard to get down for sleeps during the day, she fart areses around, usually have to put bongella on, top teeth are bulging just wish thed come through!
    ANN glad you had a reat hol, looks like ella engoyed the beach, did she eat the sand?? the best pair of shoes i bought were tip toey joey just last weekend, not cheap but fantastic.
    NELLY thats so cute jake walking to the shops!! sad thopugh the boobies is stopping, im the smae as you torn between weaing and missing those cuddles, though i dont think sophie will wean anytime soon, shes a monster, pulling up my top all the time!!
    CHRISTY yep we do have booby addicts on our hands dont we!! when is DH back? it wierd how kids know things are different as in daddies not home
    KIM hope darl that things settle down for you guys soon, it sounds like were all haveing some problems with bubs so must just be the age/phase their going through
    VICKY can you post a pic of your painting in the gallery??? would love to see them!! how ar the kids going with their dad issues?? is laura doing better.

hope i didnt forget anyone!!
    Last edited by Olive; November 3rd, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Nelly - How cute Jake walking to the shop!! Emelia used to hate her shoes but now is fine with them, i put them on when we went shopping one time, she just had them on while sitting in the trolley then when we got home and i put her down she didnt even think twice and was running around like normal..yes running thats her new favourite thing to do LOL

Vicky - how was ur night? we are going to find out the sex again this time, but DP wants to keep it a secret from everyone else...but i will probably tell u guys..i will have to tell someone hehehe!!!

Kim

tara, hope ur having a great time with ur mum!

Gigi - that excactly wat Emelia was doing a few weeks ago, would whine and want to be picked up (so we did) then she would wriggle to get down and then as soon as ya put her down she would throw herself on the ground and cry..was sad

I am no longer Jake's favourite person

It must come with the fact that he is relaising that we are not joined at the hip but now he cries when Daddy walks away from him - he never used to do that! No more booby, Daddy is just as special as mummy, standing up and walking all on his own ... Wow how quickly they grasp their independence.

He has been playing and splashing in his clam shell all morning - we only got it today - and has the usual one side sand and the other water. He loves it!

Talking Happy Birthday Tomorrow Kim

Hope everyone is having a good weekend...hope ur day got better Christy!

In case i dont get a chance to get on here tomorrow, just wanted to say a big to u Kim and hope u have a great day tomorrow, hope u get really spoilt, just as u deserve

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM for tomorrow!!!

darl if you need me please call or PM me!!

we miss sophie slept for all of wait for it.............

30 mins today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    disaterous day for sleeping!!! but she went to bed at 6.30 and havent heard a peep!!!

Just thought I'd pop in and say happy birthday for tomorrow Kim! YAY! Have a great day!
    My new bedtime technique worked again tonight! only had to go back in twice! been asleep for 1.5hrs and no peep! woo-hoo. had a great night last night. bed at 645, woke at 1045 woke at 4 woke at 545 YAY!

well done tara!! what the new technique????

happy birthday kim... I hope the girls give you a wonderful present in the form of sleep... for you and them. breakfast in bed, cups of tea all day long on demand, and great big piece of Jewellery. have a great day darlin.
    xxx

happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear KIM!!!!
    happy birthday to you!

Hip hip..... hooray!
    hip hip ..... hooray!!!

Hope you had some sleep last night and have a great day today!

xxxx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast