Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #25

Default Babies Born November 2006 #25

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected] - Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Administrator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found HERE
    Last edited by christy; October 28th, 2007 at 06:22 AM.

Good Morning! Great to see you Kim!!

I hear ya all on the sleep thing.... Jovie woke up 4 times last night Than Matilda woke us all up at 5am....

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep I need some PLEASE!!!!

Chelsea decided to sleep thru...Jasmine on the other hand decided she would wanna feed all night and not sleep. My nipples are so sore i couldnt handle the pain and was ready to give up the whole BF thing.

First thing thuis morning Craig was at the chemist, got me formula and electric pump attatchment...so not going to BF..but express instead and give formula til milk comes in

Proud i got 20 ml so far...LOL. Jas was just checked over and lost 150gr and nurse very pleased...so i must be getting something into her tummy.

Chelsea loves Jas, kisses her head, but tries to jump on her and poke her eyes and pull her feet....the joys!

Ill do pics some time today

oh Kim *hugs* You are doing a GREAT job!!! All of them go through a day or 12 hours of feeding & then not feeding for 6... its sooo normal to have cluster feeding in the first few weeks. Nothing is wrong with that!! In the womb they get full when we do... and they get nutrients when they need it, so when they come out the whole feeding thing is a mystery to them & us!

Congrats again Kim, she is goregous!! but u already know that of course
    Cant wait to see some more piccies!!

well crappy night here, obviously the night before was just a one off.

im back too, BBL as sophie has a temp joy o joy

welcome back kim!!!!! cant wait to hear all about it!!

YAY KIM!!!! Oh i am so clucky! you are doing a wonderful job! i cant believe you're back and posting already.
    Well, dont even talk to me about last night. Have I mentioned the crows that have taken residence next door to us? well they finally shut up at around 7pm then the kindly neighbours over the back decided to carry on until the wee hours of the morning. evie just cried and cried their music was so loud and they just constantly yell. at one point i was trying to put her back to sleep and my ears hurt from the thumping music. so i called the police and said i was way over it cos it goes on every single night and has done for months so they went round (we heard that bit!) but then at 2am it was still going. so, should it go on tonight i will ring the police again and again and again until those little f**kers learn to get some freakin manners. if they dont then it wont be long before they do
    also having big case of mother guilts today. went to niece's baptism and the priest just went on and on so evie was soooo grizzly by the end. when we put her in the car she was screaming cos she was so hungry so i shovelled some yogurt in then when we got back to SIL's house she had a paddle in the paddling pool and then went to sleep. slept for 1.5hrs then we came home i gave her some afternoon tea, i had a sleep (i was a little drunk) and then she had dinner and now she's in bed. I feel like i was just so slack today. i didnt feed her properly and i just feel terrible.
    worst mummy ever! i just cant seem to get my act together and feed her enough! i dont know. i guess sometimes i run out of ideas for food!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

don't worry Taralee, perfection is for THE NEXT life!

congrats on posting and being home so quickly Kim. Hope you are not being bullied by the nurse. The ABA told me, with the right support, you can re-start breastfeeding weeks even months after birth (if you want it). So much going on at arrival stage. That lovely to hear how excited big sis is!! Just if only their sleeps would synchronise.

Christy, i can't stop swinging my hair and running my fingers thru it, i feel like a shampoo commerical!!! so nice to have nice feeling hair again. And my dh who normally has an itchy scalp, one use of the moo goo, and he is no longer scratching (used to drive me mad to hear it!!). Moo goo don't sell everything i want to get, so i'll check out the miessence and what was the other brand you mentioned? I have gotten rid of every last JJ product in our home, and things that say sodium laureth sulphate, so am feeling better for it.

Went to a steiner school fete yesterday, bought a 2metre playsilk, all dyed in rainbow colours, like a beautiful watercoloured painting and a graduated spiral rainbow silks mobile to put above bilby's changetable. I swear, i must have been a hippy in a previous life, these rainbows make me feel calmer and i really need that right now. I constantly feel like i need to get 40 million things done and like i'm getting NOTHING done. just inner panic.

Gigi - glad you had fun at the steiner fair. My DD use to go to a Steiner school - beautiful philosophy behind it... when it is followed that is. I hear you on the inner panic... that is constantly trilling inside me as well... I have a list of stuff that I need to get done, and I just try to work through it day by day. of course all of it needs to be done YESTERDAY, and just when I think right, today is the day I am going to get heaps done, something happens to derail that mission...like a sick babe, or my endo pain (like right now!) keeps me awake all night...

Jols I hope Sophie is feeling better, and that it is only teeth - nothing more sinister...I have to take aston back to the doctor. hopefully i will be able to get an appointment tomorrow. I think Daddy will be taking him, as I have two appts tomorrow morning. won't hurt him...welcome to my world for a bit

Blanche I hope you are having a better night tonight, and you too Christy.

Kim how goes the expressing? I wanted to say in my text...but it was too long and convulted...at the end of the day do what is best for YOU and YOUR family - not what you may feel pressured to do. I hope that you have got lots of support around you and that they are doing all those other things that need to be done, and that all you have to do is be the mummy to your beautiful girls, that job alone is hard enough without having to worry about housework, feeding other people, entertaining....

tara - hope you had a lovely time with your mum, even with the noisy neighbours... guess where I live I don't have that to contend with...just have to contend with snakes in the house instead!

I can't remember if I mentioned it in the other thread or not...on friday night there was a baby eastern brown snake in the house. I was suitably freaked out, and not impressed!!

has anyone heard from Ann? she hasn't been about...

hoping that the painkillers i just took will have effect soon and i may be able to sleep...oh wouldn't that be lovely??

Gigi - I hear you on that inner panic, and lately i've just resigned to the fact that i'll get things done when i can. i know that i'll eventually get to them, they're not going anywhere so they can wait. having said that, i do always feel much better when i just get stuff done.
    not too bad a night last night, thunder woke her up a couple of times but it was pretty loud. and it was really hot and humid too so i couldnt help but feed her. thats just the way it goes i guess
    Thanks Vicky, my mum comes this weekend tho, am soooo looking forward to it! and although we dont have snakes we have some massive spiders at the moment...eww and they jump too. one the other day was probably 15cm from leg to leg...makes me sick thinking about it eeeewwwww

hi girls! gotta love this rainy weather it helped Jake sleep in until 6.30 which was lovely - but Darren was late for his first day back at work bcos our "alarm" didn't wake up!

Welcome back Kim you are amazing! My sister had issues feeding cracked nipples etc and so she just expressed for the first few weeks until she felt ready to try Josie on the breast again.

Tara I know what you mean about not feeding them properly I had one of those days yday too and Jake ended up having nutella on toast fro breakfast and lunch!

Hugs to all...

KIM - 18th October - 3.13am - 8lb 6oz /3.8kg - 52cm -head circ wrong date

JOLS - Girl - 19th October - 5.45am - 8lb 1oz /3.65kg - 50cm - head circ 35cm wrong date

NELLY - Boy - 18th October - 8.47am - 8lb 5oz /3.77kg - 54.5cm - head circ wrong date

BLANCHE Girl - 23rd October - 6.50pm - 7lbs 3oz /3.26kg - 52cms - head circ

ANN - Girl - 20th October - 5am - 7lb 12oz /3.5kg - 50cm - head circ wrong date

VICKY - Boy - 20th October- 4.58pm - 7lb2oz - 3.23kg - 51cm - head circ wrong date

CHRISTY -Girl - 17th October - 3pm - 7lb 15oz /3.60kg - 50cm - head circ 34cm wrong date!!

TARA - Girl - 16th October - 3.47am - 7lbs 8oz / 3.40kg - 53cm - head circ 36cm wrong date!!

The official jasmine stats are

Girl - 26th october - 12.06am - 7lb 13oz - 3.53kg - 52cm long

i rang the council today to ask if we can do anything about the crows..it's so loud it's just crazy from 4am to 8pm and she told me to live with it! so i made a complaint about her. how unnecessary! why cant people just be nice

How rude Tara....

I know im slack with no details...BUT i have finally made Jasmines site...so you can click her name and see her pics now

Geez Kim ur supermum! how did u find time to do that site!!! she is just so precious and looks so much like Chels!!

hows everything going?

Gosh kim you are amazing I struggle to cook dinner let alone do an album!!! The pics are gorgeous and brought a tear to my eye - birth is such a miracle. You look amazing and I love the sweat on ur hubby's brow - bcos he worked so hard! She is beautiful and yep she does look like Chels!

Wow Kim. So precious. I'm so teary. That's all i can say. we forget so easily how beautiful giving birth is. Well done

there awesome kim!! soooo much like chelsea!! looking forward to the birth story!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast