Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #26

ohhhh Blanche how excited about the scan! I had to know, I went into the scan thinking if I don't find out I will die. LOL

I'm here too.... Matilda's still sick. Jovie now has 10 teeth!!! 8 in the front & the 2 molars from the weekend At this age Matilda still didn't have any teeth.

Anyway... off to do some SS shopping today if Matilda is well enough. Its her 5th day of sickness & I keep thinking that she's got to not be contagious anymore.

Morning all...

off to visit a friend today and buy some shoes for Aston. We finally got sand for his clam shell, and he was so cute sitting in it yesterday afternoon. thought it was great fun. I don't have a baby anymore but a full blown toddler!!

Blanche - as I have ever only had C-sections, it is the only point of reference I know... and Astons was brilliant. Just be forthright in what you want to happen on the day - like having a midwife there to help put bub straight to the breast etc.

Christy - hope Matilda is ok, and that you get some shopping done.

Tara - I was watching house last night - its my favourite show.

Hi Jols - sophie started running yet??!! Aston is so quick now its scary. I am going to get a set of reins - something I said I would never do, and didn't with the other two - but I was 9 years younger, and had a whole lot more energy!!

hi everyone else. have a good day

Vicky I have a monkey backpack/harness you can have. I'll bring it to Redcliffe. Its like a monkey backpack that is very cute with a very long tail that you can hold onto. I used it with Matilda when I was preggo & she was a runner, she still is but won't wear the monkey anymore.

Poor Poor Jovie...

I was inside watching Matilda hoping for her to fall asleep for her nap & Jovie was playing on the verandah very nicely. Suddenly I heard a huge BANG and ran outside, she was on her back screaming. So I picked her up & was looking at the back of her head for an egg but didn't see one so I cuddled her. Then I looked at her in the face and OMG a huge egg, the actual size of an egg on the front of her forehead & purple. I went to get some ice & she went floppy in my arms. She was only out of it for 10 seconds or so & then up. I screamed at Matilda to get some pants on & was putting Jovie in the car. Then I had to get Matilda in the car which took 5 minutes, meanwhile I had a mild panic attack. But all in all it was probably 10 minutes until we got to the hospital.

2 hours later we had a doctor look at her. We were taken in straight away & the nurses kept coming by to check on us but it took 2 hours for the doctor to clear us to go home. We have to keep her up now for another few hours & then bed is okay.

Whew.... I'm exhausted & have to go to work tonight

oh no poor jovie! and you christy.

hope she's ok scary hey, man it happens so quickly doesnt it, you poor things

Poor Jovie...ouchies on her head.

omg poor Jovie that must have been so frighting, but im glad she is alright. bummer u have to go to work

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

oh Christy, hugs hon, how scarey!

Good luck with your scan Blanchie, how excitement!

I agree with Vicky, take some control of the c-section, get things you want, established. Work out what you actually would like to have happen, rather than it just happen to you. I had NO PLAN for "if i had a c-section" and then it happened, emergency style, and it was a disaster. So i wish i'd had a plan. Easier for staff to look at a written plan than have you raving on when you're high on drugs and all dopey on the operating table!

bilby had us both up until 5am this morning
    none of the usual suspects (teeth, tummy, pain), just wanted to constantly be held.

she's not been wetting much today, so i think i will have to watch her for dehydration. It scares me putting her in the car, when the car thermometer reads 47 degrees etc. She gets over hot so quickly even in low temps.

i love making cakes and decorating them. For my only daughter's very first birthday, i have bought a apple teacake from woollies, can't believe this is what i have reduced myself to, feel a bit sh*t about it actually, but i suppose the main thing is to love her and celebrate her, not beat myself up about a cake. It's so hot, i'm so tired, cannot get my head around baking tonight. She wants to be picked up all the time atm.

i can't manage a cake, and you girls put on parties for heaps of people. i hope she forgives me when she's grown up. i will do better when she's older i promise.

i like to do things either really well or not at all. going all day on three hours sleep has not helped either. gee i say that like it's something new. ha

Gigi Bilby will love you no matter what kinda cake, party or no party

Feeling really down and so upset. Mum called earlier to tell me our dog of 14 years had to be put down tonight. he had been coughing frothy stuff, dad raced him to the vet, poor thing couldnt breathe, and no matter what he was given never responded to drugs. Vet said dad could pay thousands but only expected him to live another 2 weeks maximum. Poor Bundy..RIP puppy

Oh Kim, we had the same thing earlier this year too, same age as well. I'm sorry for your loss and it's not fair, but at least he's not in pain.
    My dog (back in perth) was slowly dying and it was just so cruel, he would just fall over all the time and couldnt even stand to eat or go to the toilet. I know it's going to be hard for me when i go back to perth for a visit and he doesnt come up to see me
    Try and remember him for all the happy times when he was happy and know that he felt loved when he went. Big hugs to you

Poor Bundy RIP Sounds like heart issues... not much you can do really.

Jovie's better... I may sleep in the girls room anyway....

Aww sorry to hear about Bundy..may he RIP now.

Glad Jovie seems better Christy.

Gigi, Bilbs will love u no matter wat! Happy Birthday for tomorrow tiny bilby!!!!

Happy Birthday Bilby!!!

Happy Birth day Gigi

Happy BIrthday Little Bilby!!! You made it & defied all odds

*hug* Gigi

Jovie slept through last night again & seems to not have an issue with her head. There is still a little lump & its only slightly purple now instead of looking like blood is sitting below the skin. *whew* may not take her out publicaly for a few days though... avoid the abused baby looks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBY
    gigi dont beat yourself up i have no idea if my parents threw me a 1st birthday party!! so i wouldnt worry

christy glad jovies better!!

kim poor doggy RIP

sophie is still covered in spots though not as bad on her face today!! poor bubba lucky they dont itch !!
    off to a snugtime sale today to get some more sleeping bags for sophie! great prices and HEAPS of people!!

Happy birthday little Bilby!

Gig be glad you're not having a big party that way no one can give bilby conjunctivitis, a cold...... And it doesn't matter how you celebrate, or how amazing the cake is, it is just special to acknowledge the miracle that brought us all together in this forum - our babies - and the rites of passage to birthing and parenthood!

*hugs* Gigi!

Sorry I have been here lurking but have sick little boy with chest infection cold and conjunctivitis plus he is cutting molars - all in all a fun week.

Christy what a shocker I hope Jovie is ok!

Hugs to everyone!
    Last edited by nelly; November 16th, 2007 at 06:35 AM.

have a lovely day today Bilby and Mummy. Lots and lots of cuddles and giggles are on order.

Christy - OMG! glad jovie is ok, scary stuff isn't it? Are you OK? breathing again yet?? Thank you for the offer of harness - are you sure you don't want to wait and see if you need it with Jovie?? I have seen the exact one you have and was going to get it today at Noosa Bubs.

Aston slept through til 4am this morning...so I am a very happy mummy. the last few nights have been so much better with only one wake up, and straight back to sleep..dare I say it...is sleeping through on the horizon????? shhhh he might hear me!!

going to swimming lessons today. havent been for the last 4 weeks because he has had something wrong with him every friday!! so looking forward to having a splash around. got some sandals for Aston yesterday. He sat in his seat in the car and proceeded to chew on them - while they were on his feet!!

hope you all have a good day girls. xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBY
    Congrats Gigi!!

Sleep getting better here despite teeth, cough and eewy nose. bed at 7 woke screaming at 8 and 9 but something was really bothering her, then feed at 1130, feed at 4 woke at 6. so its better than it was and i'm hoping it will be even better when she's feeling well again.
    standing on her own more, but doesnt seem too interested in walking. it's the talking i cant get over! not a lot of actual words but she just doesnt stop! always telling stories and she's worked out so many of her toys lately...quite the little problem solver!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast