Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #26

hahaha tara too cute!! mmmmm nmight bid on that... i really need one for the christmas tree this year and they live near me!!! thanks tara!!

christy sorry matilda is sick , but wow on the molars!!!!

im having a **** day today and its only 10.30

Hahaha, poor kid does not look impressed!

Ahhh the point is to keep the kid away from the fire...not in extreme proximity to it!! toys?!!? you dont need toys!! here, play with some flaming kindling...

haha i didnt even look at it like that!

Jols where did u get the butterfly candle thingys from for Sophies cake?

I just ordered a cake tin off eBay to make Chelsea's

kim i got them from the local balloon shop!! they have heaps of different candles, will try find the brand

sophies been asleep for almost 2 hours!!!

YAY Jols!!!

Jovie's not had a sleep today. I'm so tired, got Matilda to sleep & now Jovie won't have a bar of it Urgh

well she slept for the 2 hours but woke with a temp and grizzles putting it down to immunisation reaction to MMR
    now come on miss jovie its nap time

Just got her to sleep... Now Matilda's up & is sick so there isn't much I can do but cuddle my sick toddler. Ah well.... another day written off.

That was our night last night Christy (except without 2 kids) but i said to DH 'well tonight's a write off' and he was like 'i'm soooo sick of write off nights!!!' i didnt actually get into bed until 330!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hmmm, write off nights, we have ALOT of those!!!

all day without the car tomorrow, i just can't face waiting there for two hours while service is done, so am choosing to get DH to bring us home in his car, so i don't have to do two hours of grabbing bilbs from crawling into where she shouldn't (at the mechanics). Plus knowing my luck, she would start screaming and then the poor receptionist wouldn't be able to hear the customers. Just can't take a chance, the way bilby has been lately. Very clingy and screamy (teeth).

We're getting so many compliments, when out, about bilby's MCN, but no-one EVERY guesses them to be nappies! they all say, "groovy pantaloons/bloomers/pants/daks/shorts" etc, but never "what a groovy nappy" ha ha. I enjoy the shocked faces when i tell them they've been admiring a nappy. The CYH nurse was especially interested.

Took bilby to a funeral interment today, she was actually quiet for the important bit, only screamed when i started pushing the stroller away from the marquee afterwards, for which i was very grateful. The five grandkids of the guy who died, all released hot pink balloons - the guy loved pink roses. There were his golfballs and a cricket ball on the coffin. it was such a celebration of his life, lovely guy. Such a close family, i went to support his widow (my friend) but gee, going to a funeral really makes you appreciate your loved ones even more.

2.12am gotta go fall into bed now. bilby has been up about four times tonight already!!! and she didn't go down until 10pm anyways. :rolls eyes:

two days til she turns one, haven't bought present, organised cake, no party, nothing. It's so hot i don't even want to leave the unit. On MOnday i took her to playgroup, on a 28 degree day, the car was 47 degrees by the digital thermometer!!!! her birthday will be over 30 and the day after (Saturday) will be 36. that was the day i was thinking of having a play date, but now, i can't do it to the babies on a 36 degree day. ANd the stress of transporting all the stuff and keeping food/drink edible and cold, i've decided to not put myself thru that stress. Knowing i would have to do it all by myself, it's just too much.

Wow, in three hours time, that's when my labour started this time last year!!!

what a rollercoaster this year has been.

gigi - reflection time eh... it has been a year hasn't it? an amazing, wonderful, tearful, hard year... i think becoming a mother is so much more then the birth process - when you birth that little babe you birth something within you that grows as well, don't forget to look at that and rejoice in how far you have come, and what an amazing little person you are helping to grow and flourish on their journey.

life is so complicated sometimes - and I think we - myself especially! - sometimes get so bogged down in the now, that we forget to see how far we have come, as people as mothers as women... I heard the best quote ever yesterday "we are not human beings having a spiritual experience - but spiritual beings having a human experience" ... anyway my message I guess is to not forget to celebrate ourselves in amongst these "firsts"...

enough of me waxing philosophically...

aston has had two really good nights in a row!! YAYY!!!! thank god after a month of horrors. I have had 2 nights where I have had 6 consecutive hours in a row...i'll get to that 8 hour mark soon I just know it! and then maybe, just maybe I might start to feel like a human being - instead of the zombie I have been!

so Tara _ i hear you on the nights of horrors. hang in there girl... hopefully the wheel will turn and you will head towards longer sleeps for everyone soon!!! hugs

you too Christy. I hope Matilda is feeling better soon hun, aston had a month of sickness in various forms. It is soooooo nice to finally have my boy back!! the running one now! I like to RUN everywhere! lol keeping me fit I tell you!

hi Jols, Nelly, Ann - have you all recovered from the birthday parties yet?

Blanche and Kim - I really must start thinking about what cake to make, and for which party??? because I am only making one fancy one. the rest will be stock standard chocolate cake with yummy bits on it lol Think I will be making a teddy bear - just like Laura and Nathan's first birthday cakes... then next year Aston can tell me what kind of cake he would like. I have made barbie cakes, butterfly, big L cake with flowers, caterpillar cakes, train cakes, soccer ball cakes, even a jewellery box! lol dolphin cakes (looked a bit like a while eeek! lol) Now that Laura is big...she has moved onto move sophiscated tastes like chocolate mud cake mum, with chocolate covered strawberries!! lol

i hope everyone has a good day...me- aston asleep at the moment (woke at 5, so wanted to go back to bed at 8! and I think I may go back to bed for half and hour) then I am supposed to go to a friends - and will make myself go, even though dossing about in my pjs for most of the day is a more attractive option! I usually paint on Wednesday- but feel like I need a day off from seeing the friend I paint with, if that makes sense. She has been very supportive during this yuk time that is happening at the moment, so we have seen an alot of each other. She was very gracious about it and understood completely and is going to use the opportunity to go shopping by herself and enjoy some "me" time of her own. god - "me" time is precious I tell you!!

bbl

I love reflecting on the lead up to the birth...but now i compare births. Both were perfect in their own way.

Wow Vicky your a creative mummy with cakes....well done!

and so will you be Kim by the time your beautiful girls are heading towards their 10th and 11th birthdays lol... lots of birthdays had in this house so far... eek!! I cant beleive Laura is turning 12!

where is everyone tonight? i got stuff to do but who can be bothered after eating too many lamb chops and drinking too much wine...

Was at IL's for dinner!

Emelia and I both have a cold (thanks to DP!) she woke up with puffy red eyes and runny nose and i have the sorest (sp?) throat.

I had my first appt with my new OB and hes great, only down thing is that he too thinks that i will be better off having a c/section and said that most doctors will advise to go with one...because of wat happened with Emelia's birth (shoulder dystocia) i really dont want a c/s but i would much rather that than have my next bub have the same injury, which the doc said if it did happen again there would be a greater chance that it would turn out far worse that Emelia. so im not going to worry yet as he said its best to wait till im further along and then discuss it more.

My next u/s is on the 20th december cant wait will be able to find out the flavour!!! Omg though i will be 20 wks then, going so fast

Im here!!!

Bugger bout maybe having c/s Blanche...u have to do whats best for u and bub in the end hey. How exciting ur scan is not far away!!

im here!!!! arrhhhh tara i know how you feel. i had two beers last night, just enough to make me sleepy!!
    blanche i cant believe your already that far!! dont you want a surprise at the bith re the flavour????

sophie has come out in the MMR rash!! poor thing there on her face, but hopefully will go away soon!!! then thats the last of the reaction to the injections!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast