Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #28

Thanks guys! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO unexpected! lots and lots of mixed emotions on my part, DH is absolutely stoked. I am starting to feel better about it tho
    Feeling a little dizzy and yuck this morning..trying not to think about it!

OMG tara...well that's one way to keep the endo away...lol Congratulations hun. well Jols, Nelly, Ann, Christy??? which one of you will be next?

if definately WONT be me... lol.

Hope the party goes well today Tara

Off to do christmas shopping today....hmmmm...that should be interesting. may even see santa!!

Ok, so in all honesty when I saw the positive line show up on the test I bawled my eyes out. I just didnt know what to think. Part of me was so devastated because we're not in our own house, I was going to have to go back to work cos we need the money and I felt like Evie would be cheated out of time with me and I didnt want her to feel left out and "neglected". The other part of me felt so incredibly guilty for not being happy, especially when i was told for years and years that I would never be able to have kids and now I have been blessed twice.
    I rang Ben in tears and told him I needed to talk to him but he was obviously concerned so I told him that I was pregnant. He was absolutely stoked, but was really worried that I didnt want the baby. I said that i thought i did but that we dont have a house or any money. He told me not to worry and he would sort everything out.
    The next thing that went through my mind was that people would be judging me and saying things like 'thats a bit soon' or 'what are they, rabbits or something'. I know it's really dumb but it really bothered me. I dont want people to see this baby as a 'mistake' - obviously it was planned but it's wanted of course.
    I rang my mum straight away in tears and she was so supportive and said that they'd help out. Ben and I decided we wouldnt tell anyone just yet but we told his parents and sisters who were really happy too. Today tho brother-in-law mentioned it in front of everyone so now everyone knows! which i guess is kinda helping me to "come to terms" (for want of a better phrase).
    I keep thinking about this tiny little baby and sometimes i just want to cry with joy, then i am filled with panic about what we're going to do about money and how it won't just be me and evie anymore...and i am a little sad about that. I keep telling myself that evie isnt actually going anywhere and she'll have a great little play friend (girl!!!! i hope!!!) to keep each other company forever.
    Anyways, thats my vent....I think i am starting to feel ok and that i can do it...but still feel like i'm dreaming

oh babe...hugs tara... what your feeling is soooooo normal hun. The only baby of mine that was "planned" has been Nathan. And with both laura and Aston's pregnancy tests I went through a complete array of emotions, from sheer horror, to tears, to complete disbelief, and OMG what the hell I'm doing?

I love all three of my children with equal intensity, and enjoy everyone of them - each has given something special in their own ways. Laura taught me what unconditional love is, Nathan taught me how to play and be a kid, and Aston hugged my heart that was very hurt after incredible emotional pain.

it will be wonderful and amazing Tara. I promise... xxx

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Oh TaraLee - congratulations! that IS fantastic news, obviously at some point you were told to prepare yourself for possible NO babies, and now, you're gotten pregnant twice, that's wonderful.

i understand the "not being in your own house" thing, we don't own a home of any sort and probably never will. For a long time, i thought i was selfish to want to be a parent when i didn't have a house to offer my child (secure place to live etc), but then i realised, that's not a reason NOT to have a child.

Seems entirely normal to me, to go thru a whole gamut of emotions when you're pregnant and ESPECIALLY when you've just found out! It's alot to think about.

And if anyone says you're breeding like rabbits etc, send em to me! i'll sort them out. None of their business anyway. It's totally your business when you have your family, and i hear of plenty of people who want their kids as close together in age as possible (for their own reasons) so why not?

Like Vicky, i won't be making any exciting announcements like you guys are, so i am hearing your news with vicarious pleasure, i would love to be doing the same, but won't be, so i will be happy hearing all about yours.

wow, the cycle of life - and the BEST way to avoid endo pain for the next ? how long.

that's lovely you have such a supportive family, that's really lovely.

oh tara I'm so glad your family were supportive for you *hugs* its hard to come to terms with it & then you feel guilty for not being so over the moon about it. Its okay to have negative emotions matey, its normal. There were times that I sat there crying thinking "what are we doing? am I insane?"

Thanks guys, I am getting more and more excited about it by the day. I keep thinking that Evie will really benefit from having a play friend and there's lots of me to go around
    I do still wonder how i will cope sometimes with sleeps and such but i'm sure i'll work it out

yep, tara you will work it out... you figure it out as you go along, and when something isn't working a particular way, you change the way your doing it. Right at the moment I am having to learn how to parent a nearly teenager. Everything I have done to this point in parenting Laura I have to change - some thing slightly, others drastically... so just when I think I have a handle on something, I have to change what I do...add to the mix, parenting a nine year old boy (a whole different challenge in itself!!) and a toddler...I have three different parenting techniques on the hop... The only thing I can guarantee you is that it is never ever boring! lol... change is constant, it indicates growth as a person and individual...sometimes I would really appreciate a little less change, or a little longer to get my head wrapped around it before it changes again!

Just remember hun, that the only day you have any control over is the one your living in... Live in the now, and the future takes care of itself. hugs

Tara - congratulations and hugs. i think the whole experience is just emotionally overwhelming. hormones going, feeling anxious and happy its going to be emotional. But you are so lucky to have another little life.

Well we've had a weekend of backwards commando crawling! woohoo.

Ann

Ive weaned Evie off night feeds but she'll still waking quite a bit and sometimes she'll just have a mouthful of milk out of her cup and go back to sleep. tonight will be the 4th night of not bf'ing, do you guys think i'm doing the right thing? i kinda thought that once she stopped bf'ing she might start sleeping better. she has been waking up in pools of sweat and her teeth are bothering her so it's probably a bit much to expect at the moment.
    Have you guys found that everything seems to be an ordeal at the moment? sitting in the highchair, eating, going in the car, being brought back inside, getting out of the bath etc etc etc she seems to grizzle at everything!!!! its doing my head in lol...just wanted to make sure im not the only one going thru this at the mo!!
    Ann - Congrats on commando crawls!! woo-hoo!! YAY ELLA!!

Ella went through that Tara but she's getting over it now. I dont think it lasts TOO long.

Its hard to know if its right but if you think it is keep persisting. It sounds like she's getting up to be reassured you're there since she's not really drinking much... But it is hard to teach them not to wake up during the teething season.

I'm impatient for ella to walk! How long does this backward commando thing last for? she is really frustrated at going in the opposite direction she wants to go in...Vicky didn't aston go backwards for a while?

Ann

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Tara - bilbs is nearly at the end i hope, of a three week endless shrieking constantly, over not much.

Luaa - bilbs did the backward crawling too, i have a photo of her on facebook, virtually doing the splits against a cupboard, cos she woudl backwards crawl, hit a barrier, like a wall, BUT KEEP ON backwards crawling - hence The Splits, and she woudl KEEP GOING until i scooped her up and put her down somewhere else!! too funny.

we have started swaddling again, so again bilby is sleeping A BIT at night, but still NO day sleeps, no matter how many times she rubs her eyes and acts REALLY REALLY tired. what a stubborn one, doesn't want to miss out on anything!

she's standing on her pull along cart with the wooden blocks, which is in the big playpen. Thank goodness the flimsy bottom of the cart doesn't break under her 8kg.

Vicky, what a challenge, to parent three very different age groups like that, good on you! Now, how many sleeps until your endo surgery?

bilbs accepted half custard, half bolognese (baby jar food) last night - a sort of success with something with MEAT in it, and savoury - FINALLY!!!! I still can't get her to PICK UP any food and gnaw on it with her fingers, just not interested. She just frowns at the slice of banana etc!

Gigi, Jovie still frowns at food when its put on her tray... it takes ages to convince her that picking something up with her hands is a good idea.

Ann, Matilda went backward for a few days before she went forwards... YAY for movement!!

Tara I didn't finish my post before, or I thought I had but didn't.... was going to say that every day that passes you will love this bub more and more

Today I feel like crap... still crampy & no AF. I made an appointment with my GP anyway because there is a 2 week wait!!! I am seeing my acupuncturist today, she will help.

i'm baccckkkk!! did you miss me??? probably not!! just had a very busy weekend,
    saturday was family christmas 90 mins away then straght home to go to a 1st birthday party at 5pm, was ment to go to an engagement party after that, but never made it!! yesterday was lunch at my old bosses house where i drank wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much, dont aske what happened on the way home!! sophie for teh first time had abottle of cows milk before bed last night, not that she minded but i did.

TARA glad things are going well for you and your getting more excited, i think no matter when the second one comes along it normal to worry about how to cope, sleeps etc...i think your doing the right thing not night feeding and you;ll find she probably wont wake soon! try offering water or dilute the milk slowly over a few night stil its water!!

ANN yay on the crawling!! thats fantastic!!!!! she'll be on ger pegs before you know it!!

HI christy,vicky, nelly, kim, gigi and blanche
    Last edited by Olive; December 3rd, 2007 at 11:09 AM.

Morning all!!

loving being away....takin time out.

Chelsea's party on Saturday was a hoot....man she was spoilt and it was a great day....

I cant remember all the posts ive missed....but i hope all of you are good and everythings is well

tara - its the age hun... frustration at this age reigns supreme for them...and for the mummys too! And she could be picking up on you to darlin - kids are like that - when the mummy is feeling good, so are the kidlets, not so good, and it all goes pearshaped.

Ann - yep Aston did go backwards for a while...ella is on her way to being mobile! then you will know you alive!!! Nathan crawled at 11mths, and walked at 15mths, for about a day - then he just ran everywhere!

Christy - glad you are going to the doc. you need to make sure that nothing else is going on hun, like eptopic pregnancy??? have u done a test?

Gigi - nathan hated getting his hands dirty - still does. hated having sticky fingers. I know its far easier said then done, but try not to stress about the whole eating thing. I swear it makes a difference to the outcome. I stressed soooo much with the whole food thing with Nathan - i dreaded meal times, because he wouldn't eat anything - up til he was one, he was pretty good, and then he started turning his nose up at EVERYTHING. it became so bad that i would just give him exactly what I knew he would eat (which in hindsight was not a good thing!) and by the time he was two all he would eat was - no I can't tell you because I feel so bad about it and embarrassed!! but by the time he was four I became very insistent on him having other things. in other words that was what was on offer, if your hungry you'll have it. sounds brutal I know, but by this time he was not eating anything that was fresh - so no veges or fruit! I think the only thing that is different this time round (and also with Laura) is my headspace. i'm not stressed about food (stressed about other things!- but not food!) Laura was a great eater too - but I think aston is probably even better - he wants to try everything we have!! I call him "MeToo" - having said all that, getting the whole food thing underway took ages with Aston...his little tummy took ages to adjust to eating food - he liked it, it just didn't agree with him, and we stopped and started lots of times before things settled down. I don't know if anything I have just said helps at all... i guess my main message is try to relax about it. I promise you that Bilby will not be four years old and not eating anything.

Jols - playing up were you?? I'm jealous. my bf is going to two parties this week. not fair. I so want to dress up and feel girly girl... nothing like getting a frock on, and some heels, and having some drinks to let the hair down. glad you had fun, even if the recovery wasn't that great!

Kim- glad you are having a good time away, enjoy having all those extra hands around and rest as much as you can.

Nelly - hope you are feeling better today hun. hugs. ring me if you need to chat or even if you don't... i'll be home this afternoon.

Blanche - how are you hun?

i don't think i missed anyone - sorry if i did. think that is all the regular posters. hi to all the irregular ones - jump on in and join in if you are able.

im off to the park for aston's third birthday party! spoilt boy! hopefully the weather stays good!

WOOHOO!!!! last night 630 til 330!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then back to sleep til 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! teeth are really bad and nose is running, what a trooper!!!!

Time for a new thread!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678