Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #31

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Kim - PND really sucks, feels like such a big hole to be down, big hugs to you darlin'

Ann - lucky xmas is only once a year! every year i say "Why do i put myself thru this??"

glad to not be such a grouch again, now AF has started, my hormones have settled down again, man i was jumping out of my skin a few days ago, angry at everything. Not a good look at xmas. (Well i hide these things, but you know, not a good headspace to be in). So AF has been, got to use my lovely soft mamapads, my own personal TLC (something i don't get much of), so i think the feeling pampered (yes, how bizarre) has made me feel better. How sad is that? just shows how little will make me happy!!! That and a constant supply of iced coffee!!!

only two more days til stepchild leaves. i can make it. ONly two more days of constant demands and putting out fires all day long.

this afternoon we went to the community pool as a family (?). i made sure dh and SD had a pass for the waterslide section, so i could have some time away from SD. Bilby and i played on the picnic rug, i can't believe how steadily bilby stands, she jigs, dances, surfs, overbalances and corrects herself, goes down very slowly, such control in her thighs, but very hesitant to take steps. But was doing some side steps by the end of her session. We tried her in a baby doughnut ring thing and she HOWLED. i got it to save my back, but no good if she won't go in it!

no talking no walking except cruising, but she is practicising everything. still on purees and a bit mashed food, all spoon fed, absolutely not interested in finger food of any kind. Still on breastfeeds, esp at night.

Be interested to hear if you try breastmilk on your eye Christy - and what result will be!
    My breastmilk was put on a friend's 3 year old who had conjunctivitis - and it did help him. Had never heard of that remedy before.

Gigi - I used breast milk in Aston's eye when he had conjunctivitis...worked a trick... have even used it on my skin when I have had spots...cleared them up too. lol

BM worked a treat at clearing out all the pus (sorry TMI!!) I use it to flush my eye before I put the drops in it. After the first day the pus was gone!! The redness is gone down but its getting better.

Glad the eye is getting better...

Well i finally found some time and both girls have their xmaz pics up.....

Chelsea is being a horror today and took over a 1 hour to get to sleep....think she wants to go in the pool cos its soo damn hot! Ment to be 36 today

Looked at forecast...NYE......41 bloody degrees eeeeek....!

good squirting christy!!! Boobie solves everything!!

great pics kim!!! yep very hot here, currently 38.8 at our house!! a nice 26 inside!!

Whats wrong with Brisbane??? Its beautiful today, windy but around 26 with the wind..... I mean aren't we supposed to be the place with the heat? lol... we sat on the verandah drinking coffee & enjoying the breeze.

i know christy...this weather is bizarre... its blowy here up on my hill. don't think the cyclone is going to amount to much...but getting the washing dry! I'm loving this cooler weather... very pleasent indeed... I know it won't last. the sun will shine hot and the humidity will kick in hugely! there is so much water around...its gonna be sticky sticky sticky, but I'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

have been collecting macadamia nuts, and cracking them with the kids. going to make macadamia pesto, with fresh basil from the garden. are looking for some kind of bean salad to make too, as I picked heaps of fresh beans too. I'm loving having this vege garden. Its brilliant. Haven't brought a bag of mixed lettuce in weeks! or cucumbers for that matter. Have capiscan growing too, and tomatoes that will be ready to eat by next week I think. will have to look for recipes for them now! like home made tomato sauce. and sun dried (via the oven!) tomatoes... any suggestions?
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; December 29th, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

im still here but been super busy, ive just been lurking reading all posts!

we just finished today putting emelias presents together, she now has a slide and swing! i will have to put pics up soon when i get a chance.

weather is shocking over here, up and down.

great pics Kim

arghhhhh!!! is it time for DH to go back to work yet??? He is driving me mad! He is supposed to be stopping smoking and is a cranky pr!ck... he has just gone off in a huff to buy cigarettes. No staying power I tell you! and I know its hard to give up...but he has only been smoking for two months this time... he had stop for nearly two years!! stupid man.

LOL poor you Vicky.

Im the opposite....Craig is going back to work...got a new high paying job with a large company....they hunted him down and wanted him to work for them....good money...shift work...so we took up the offer.

Downside ill have the girls...alone....i have no idea how im going to cope......

He starts Jan 7th.

Vicky - the temptation of those fire sticks is strong. DH quit before i got back together with him. I refused to move back in with him and he quit quick smart.

Blanche - this is a crazy time isnt it? I'm so over it. I want my normal life back.

Gigi - I love playing with ella on a picnic mat. But right now she's sooo clingy. We're still commando crawling and can now sit up from tummy time. Took her 3 days to learn that! She cruises the furniture VERY slowly and gets distracted easily. Counting down for you hun. 2 days to go woohoo.

We are having a bit of a grizzly day. Lots of tears for no reason. Then i look into her mouth and the 9th and 10th teeth have finally cut through. So we dosed her up and she seems ok - fingers crossed.

In the bath she spends all of 2minutes sitting down. She's up down around and around. I barely get her wet she's just so active in there!

Ann

Kim - just checked out the pics... they're great. I've gotta say we have same screaming baby with Santa photo. She hates him. LOL

Ann

Ann will Ella go in the shower?

When Chelsea began standing and refusing to sit in the bath we switched to the shower. Craig would hold her...but now she *must* stand on her own at the bottom playin with her bath toys and walking around! You say shower time and she bolts to the ensuite!

ETA...i think Chelsea would have liked Santa..but 2 days before i got out the singing santa at home and i think it scared her!! Now when she walks past it she tries to avoid it

We've had a horrible day here. Jovie has just been crying in pain all day She's been showing reflux signs all day. She's been feverish as well with the viral thing our whole family has now... poor sausage but she's complained the loudest of everyone.... and won't breastfeed, but wants to just complain the whole time

Christy - poor baby girl. there is nothing worse then having a sick child, and being sick yourself. Hope DH is right there with you. :hugs:

Kim - its going to be ok hun. one day at a time remember? and get all the help you can.if you can, get a cleaner in, plus take all the help on offer from the CHN people. You DON"T have to do it alone hun. jump up and down and make a lot of noise so that people listen to you ok.

Ann - You sound exhausted hun. That is how I usually feel at this time of year... thankfully this year has been very different. I actually think the wet weather has been a blessing, because we have been able to slow right down, and breath, which I think all of us needed to do - the kids included.

Blanche - I was talking to my aunt who is in WA (near you actually) and she said the weather has been shocking. How have you been with the heat?? I know it knocked me about when I was pregnant with Laura and Aston.

Gigi - hang in there hun. I don't want to sound rude or intrusive...but what is the problem with your stepdaughter? I guess because I'm on the other side of the fence and are the mother of two kids that have a step father... just wondering hun.

Hi Tara - did you get blown away at all? it was gusty and windy here most of the day, but that was about it. no rain today, but the temp. was lovely.

Jols - how goes your holiday plans for Feb? what dates was it again, so I can put it on my calendar.

I wonder how Nelly is faring camping... I was chatting to her on Friday on msn, she was getting ready to go...reluctantly lol... I bet they are having a ball though. I love camping. DH doesn't though. will just have to beat that out of him!

He went and got cigarettes, bugger! he has just given me the packet, which I have now hidden, and asked me to get nicotine gum for him tomorrow. I'm taking Laura and Nathan to the movies. Its been ages since I have had the opportunity to do something with just them... in fact its been a year since I went to the cinema! so Aston is staying home with Daddy, and I'm sure they will have lots of fun together. We got him a cart for christmas - you know one of those old fashion metal red carts, with a long handle. He just loves it! he spent the afternoon climbing in and out of it, and dragging it around. The other thing that was a hit was the wooden blocks.Funnily enough they are hit with all of us, everyone likes building with them, and of course he loves knocking what ever has been built down!

I'm going to put another video on face book of him. He has started doing this thing with his muslin blanket, where he hides under it and walks around like a little ghost. It is so funny. If he is not doing that, he is dragging the thing behind him, just like linus out of snoopy. I so love this age, every day brings a new adventure. He is very into going up to all of us and giving us a hug, which of course we all love! Nathan and Laura just melt and say Awww I love you Aston... They are enjoying him so much, because he is playing so much now.

Think I have rattle on enough now.... lol

That's fantastic Vicky. Aston sounds like he's having a great ol time. I've gotta say i'm a bit worried about Ella. She doesnt really play unless i'm sitting right next to her or she's on my lap. Plus when i walk past her and dont pick her up she screams.

Dont know why she's like this. Maybe i should take her to see someone.

Ann

anyone heard from TARA????

BBL baby trying to type as well - heres sophie akj xg cxz vz dhG

Nice typing Sophie!!

I had my hair done today...2 hours no kids, no crying or screaming...BLISS!

And it looks so good!! Off to a party tonight...dont really wanna go...to damn hot and im not into celebrating..besides its gunna be hard with the girls...but i said id go so cant pull out now. Craig bought me a lovely red strapless dress to wear and all.

Hows Jovie going Christy?

Nelly...Jake any better yet?

Hello Blanche, Vicky, Ann..hope ur ok Tara!

Have i missed anyone?? Soz if i have!

Bring on 2008

Hmm..i wonder what surprises are in stall for me this year

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast