Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #34

tara - I was going to go and visit Nelly - but because I was so sick didnt go.

beer mmmmmm beer....insert homer simpson drool......beer!!!

BBL

Spew, loo, pains and bed here.....

oh kim... i feel ya pain hun! its horrid. nathan has it now. poor little man, just looked at me, and I could see how much pain he was in, i only started to feel remotely human this afternoon...late. its a horrid bug. :hugs:

i felt well enough to have a glass of wine... my late birthday glass! and watched the clouds make shadow plays in the sky for a little while all by myself, and feel peaceful for the first time in ages. i feel like i'm back,,, hello!!!

hope your feeling better soon kim...48hrs for me. Can you get someone in??

Welcome back Vicky! Schedule in cloud-gazing time for mummy.

Kim - i feel for you hun. I had it last winter and took 5 days - but that was particularly nasty. (lost Kgs though!!)

Off to yoga now. Dh is taking care of Miss Ella. Gotta baby proof this weekend...she's getting fast on her knees and loves to fiddle with power switches!! EEEK

Ann

moved onto Laura in the early hours this morning. so they are both laid up in bed feeling horrible. Thankfully Aston seems to be ok! yay for rotavirus vaccine!!! Had a huge argument with DH this morning. He has no capacity to be empathetic to the sick! I could have quite happily thumped him. It wasn't until I yelled at him that I hope he ended up with it, and then I wouldn't look after him, that he pulled his head in!! Why are men so incredibly thick sometimes???? He can't cope with illness... I know its a hangover from when he was a kid, and very sick, then his mum getting very sick... but bloody hell! Sometimes it would be easier to be by myself - then I wouldn't get let down from expecting my significant other step up and support me!!!

[email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry...

think its gonna be one of those days

picture me... running around, can of glen 20 in hand, aston hanging of my sarong - mum mum mum - nathan: Mum...can I have some nurofen....Laura:Mum... can I have a shower.... Aston: Mum Mum Mum... get the nurofen, dose the boy, back into kitchen, spin around, knock the collectible one of a kind aston villa coffee mug off the friggin bench...smashes into a 1000 pieces... I am NEVER gonna hear the end of this one.

lol vicky - hope you are ok ! prolly not a good time to draw your attention to the quote in your signature

awww vicky hope your day gets better and i hope the kids get better soon too!!

DH came home from getting some supplies... and put the kettle on to make a cup of coffee. and I just started howling! He was like what?? what?? what has happened??? so through sobs I told him that I'd broken his mug. He reply: Is that all? I thought someone had died in England! Dad will send me another one.

Arghhh... go figure!?!?!?

All three kids are in bed - i've had a lay down, still feeling a bit ick, not sick, just washed out.

And yes, Nelly - today would be exactly the right day to remind me of my quote!! you doing it made me laugh. Thank you.

I was supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with my BF in Mooloolabah, but it is p!ssing down with rain again... go away rain!

vicky glad all is ok with the mug!!!

went on a hens night last night!!! woooooooo to much drinkie poos for me!!! just call me chuck!!! wa a good night though!!! only a little hungover today!!

lol jols! glad you had a good time. i ended up going out to dinner wiht my girlfriend, it was lovely. started the evening with a frozen strawberry daquari.... YUM! and because i'm such a light weight it went straight to my head! had italian for dinner, and was scrummy.

only 7 days til we catch up!!!

well thank god last night was so good, because today sucked!! DH finally succumbed to the dreaded lergy, and went down like a bag of ... potatoes lol. so the biggest baby of the house has been the most painful alllllllllllllllll day. ended up going out, took the kids to the park, had an icecream did the shopping, and rich slept. but sooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... well thank god three of the children are in bed!!! and he is finally feeler better, hasn't eaten yet, but is looking up. getting dinner ready with bickering children, and aston wanting mum, while Rich sat on the couch was doing my head in. FFS!!! but I made it through, the dinner, the bath the baking for school saga afterwards, the big yelling match on my behalf, the regrouping, the saying goodnight and getting to bed cuddles to all. then finally the long glass of wine,. god I needed that tonight!!!!

So how was everyone else day?? lol.

glad your berry daq was yummy vicky and that your feeling much better!!!

now girls next week, still ok to meet at coolum???????, pm me your details and i'll compile a pm with everyones numbers and apartment details for you all.
    happy to meet else where thought if needed!! we have two pools!!! and the apartment seems pretty large!!!

ETA why is that men just cant handle sickness, but of course what ever they have is 10 time worse than we ever had

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hmm dacquarirs - kiwi, mango, banana, i'm not fussy - just a dacquiri - hmmm yummo

thanks for that Vicky!
    swings and roundabouts heh? i'm glad at least you had a good night out

Kimbaz - how are you travelling hon?

AJP - are you on holidays?

we went to a public pool today, the day was cooler than forecast and a bit overcast, so pools were alot emptier (of people) than usual, that was nice. Met my friend and her 3yo there, she's newly pregnant, so of course, lots of preg. talk, it's nice to be able to pass on my preg. stuff to her e.g the body pillow that i hope will give her the back relief that i got from it.

bilby still has one roll of fat on her thighs, so even though her swim nappy covers what it's meant to, because of the roll of fat, in the photos i realised, it looks like she's being VERY daring!!! too funny. Still loving herself in SHOES!!! going to sleep in them!

i achieved my goal of getting her to eat a bowl of solids WITHOUT custard last night. Finally worked out (after many combinations) that she will eat half a bowl of corn/beans pureed and half a bowl of chicken/veg with few big dollops of vanilla flavoured organic yogurt. Won't have a bar of it if i use unflavoured natural yogurt, so this is better than the custard (worried about the sugar), not QUITE as good as the completely natural yogurt, so a compromise. i am so relieved. She is managing with Jalna vanilla yogurt. Please don't tell me there's some wicked ingredient in it that i should n't be giving her - i'm desperate!!!!

12.41am and she is still awake. splashing about in the toddler pool, was hoping that would tucker her out, short nap when arriving home but she's been awake since 7pm, so no sleep of great significance tonight. so much for being outside and the chlorine making her tired!!!

did i mention (sorry if i'm repeating) how i got told YET AGAIN that it's my fault she doesn't sleep well, the reason beign that i'm still breastfeeding her? (god i'm not feeding her vodka at 14 months!!!). i am sick and tired of bringing up the examples of BF babies her age and older, who sleep thru like little angels! I am getting the message loud and clear from people, feed for six months, that's ok, if you do it longer, you must be a weirdo who will do it until your child is eight or something!! Each to their own, i don't mouth off what other people SHOULD do, i don't expect to be encouraged with what i have chosen to do, but i never dreamed i would get such vocal opposition to what i have chosen (and have been fortunate in a physical sense, to be able to do) to do (BF). bloomin heck, bilby and i will stop doing it when it's right for us, not anyone else. Sorry i have no-where else to say this, had to vent somewhere! I know you girls are on my side, it's the idiots i meet IRL i have the problem with.

exciting to hear about all your meetup plans! you lucky qld gals!

hope everyone had a great weekend!
    we had our first swimming lesson on saturday morning was interesting! i thought Emelia would be alright as she loves water and swims in DF uncles pool but she was a bit hesitant at first but then seemed to relax and started to enjoy!

Gigi - how dare ppl tell u thats y Bilby isnt sleeping through the night..i think u deserve a big pat on the back for being able to still be bf, y should u have to stop... im really annoyed that ppl keep saying it to u grrr!!

Vicky - how u going today?

Kim -my package arrived today everything is great thankyou..i love the colour of Emelia's swim nappy!!

Blanche....yay...im glad u liked everything The nappies are a nice colour indeed. I have pink and orange for the girls...ya cant miss em

Gigi..i was in K-Mart today and there were 2 children Bilby books....cant member the name....i soooooo wanted to buy them for u and then send them as a lil gift...but i didnt have your address...let alone know if you would like them. If you want them..PLEASE let me know and ill send them to you!!

Im feeling much better.. Jasmine and i had a mummy DD morning...went to the shops and browsed around and then i had coffee and cake....was so nice. Chelsea is at care

Its raining here again... just for something different. I hope the rain goes away by the time you get here Jol! i'll pm you my details. Nelly and Jake are staying at my place on Sunday night, so we are planning to come to coolum I think (Nelly?) but if that has to change let us know, and we will go whereever. if the weather is foul (fingers crossed it isn't it!) there is an indoor play centre in Noosa that we could go to possibly. Noosa is about 15mins away Jols from Coolum.

Blanche when Aston first started swimming lessons he was more interested in sticky beaking at everyone, then got into it.

Gigi - how rude!! what on earth thinks people have the right to offer unsolicited advice? Tell me, are you bothered about Bilby's routine, or is it because other people are making you feel that way? If its the latter, then shake it off hun, your her mother, and what works for you and her is all that matters. sod everyone else.

Kim - glad your having a good day hun. Its nice to be able to have one on one time with each of your children individually.... hard to do, but very nice when you can. I know my big kids love it when they can have me to themselves.

Hi Christy, Ann, Nelly - how was your weekend?

Rich is still feeling ordinary, better, but very quiet. He is on a RDO today, and has tomorrow off as well. I have to have a breast ultrasound, and followup with the gyne, so he has taken the day off.

My nephew goes to court today. I am so hoping there is some resolution today, and that he gets placed in the New Pathways program run by Father Riley. I am not feeling as overwhelmed about all of it as I was, have reconciled my head with my heart, and know that I can care for him, without having to feel responsible for everything.

Aston is becoming so self aware, and talking so much, and understanding so much. He does things and I am left gob smacked. He is growing up so quickly - no baby boy anymore thank you. and I have just discovered that daddy has been giving him starburst jellies!!! My big bug bear is walking around with food, and I think I have won the battle with that one, he will sit down now on the floor when I ask him to, and sometimes even before I ask, will take what I have given him, and sit down unprompted! Yay! He watches the football with Daddy, and puts his hands up in the air and exclaims "YAY!" and "GOAL!" and when the crowd was clapping and chanting, he joins in! funny boy. of course daddy thinks its wonderful.

hope everyone has a lovely day...
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; February 4th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast