Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #34

coolum sounds great at least if the weathers **** were inside or in the pool so bring your bathers!!!
    please pm me your phone numbers girls, need to finalise details as i wont have internet access !!

BBL

Crikey....its coming soon!! How exciting.

Jols do you have other plans while you are up? What are you up too Friday? Do you have a hire car? How about Kings Beach if its a good day Monday? There is an amazing playground across the street from the beach & a pool as well as a water fountain the kids can run in. Its just south of Coolum I think...

I'm exhausted... I worked from 7.30am-4pm and then picked up the girls, made dinner & now have to be back at work at 6.45pm.... my legs ache.

hi Christy, busy busy busy... I'm going to try and catch up with Nelly this week, what are you up too?

christy have a car, not sure what were doing friday, depends on the weather!!! happy to go to the beach too!! you guys just let me know!!! were easy!!
    wow very busy day for you christy!!!

Hey Jols, what day are you actually arriving on the coast?

HI ladies.

Had a good weekend. Ella is starting to feed her self with a spoon/fork. She loves spooning custard - very very messy or poking pasta. We'll start giving her a chance to practice after her meals.

Our big news is that Ella started daycare today. It went badly.

She was fine in the morning and went down for a nap. Then when she woke up it was all over! I was called at 2pm to come and pick her up after she didnt want to eat or drink. (she hadnt had anything since 9.30) When i got there she was in the arms of the carer with a dummy in her mouth, clutching her bear. She screamed and cried when she saw me....so sad.

Makes you wonder if you should go back to work....Hope its better next week. I'm a mess...

Ann

oh Ann :hugs: that sucks

I was stoked today to find out I had an option for Mon, Tues or Thurs daycare for Jake - opted for just Thurs to start - but am a bit worried how he'll go, particularly now he is currently a velcro baby...

Jake is a fruit fly atm - lychees (he goes crazy when he sees them), white nectarines, bananas, pears, grapes, watermelon - luckily he is eating a variety bcos veges just don't feature unless it's peas and corn. He actually ate the same meal as us tonight - yay!!!! Spag bog - but he had couscous instead of spag. Sorry it may sound like a silly thing but he has been a little poo face lately when it comes to eating dinner. On saturday he threw his food from one end of the house to the other (from his high chair) and tipeed his bowl all over himself, his chair and the floor. Let's just say I was cowering under the bench praying for Darren to get the flop home from cricket to save me from the menace!

Vicky I am planning on staying at your house but you can make your own way there ... only joking!!! We are all going together in Darren's big car! Vwey excited not long now!!!

WB Christy you sound buggered

Kim and Blanche you both are very chipper today!

Gigi you know Jake isn;t sleepn=ing through again but it is just something they all go through and heck it is no reflection in us. AND if I could still BF and my little poo head hadn't self weaned I would still be.

mmmm a little not happy with little person today really pushing me to my limits this past week... wait until he;s 19.....

sorry if I forgot anyone.......

poor ella and you ann, that must have been hard to see hope its better next week.

vicky arriving tomorrow!!! on a 12.05pm flight from melbourne!!!

Jols - Can you bring the sunshine with you please... pretty pretty please????

Nelly - I'm sorry, but I couldn't help laughing, the picture of jake launching food around the place was too funny. Aston has been having some loooooooovely tanties when he can't get what he wants. He actually threw his dummy at Richard the other day. I have had to explain to laura and Nathan that when he is crying and throwing himself on the floor (very carefully done though, hands extended lay back gently, howl lol) that he is cranky because he can't have what he wants, and he has them absolutely suckered, they hate seeing him so upset. Where as me... I walk away, saying oh dear, i know its horrible isn't it darlin, and move onto something else. He looks up, sees me walking away, and starts chatting lol.

Ann - :hugs: your heart must have broken.... one day at a time, next week may be different. hang in there.

Laura and Nat taught Aston to wink tonight at dinner, it was so funny. of course he can't actually wink, but he had a good try at it. he would scrunch his eyes up, and stick his tongue out at the same time. lol

How cute at winking Vicky!!! I'm not sure on my week... there are a few things I'm looking at getting out of. Wednesday I have both kiddies.

Did you know.... North Lakes has a fantastic playground just off the food court, outdoors, enclosed and free? Noice

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

wow Christy, your days sure are full on! Hope you get some time off to catch up with AJP and her QLD adventure!!!

Vicky - that's incredible what Aston is saying, understanding, coming out with! and trying to wink! how gorgeous! I wonder if it's the exposure to his older siblings? great role models for him about what the big kids do! And the biggest kid of all (your dh!!!) giving him STarbursts!!!!!

I hope your nephew's court hearing goes well and that he gets the help he needs with Father Riley. what a tough situation.

Ann - oh darling, 1st day of CC sounded AWFUL! you poor thing, i'm picturing Ella all sad, and starving after five hours of not eating/drinking - poor darling went on a hunger strike! that's really tough. Can CC be graduated? like spend one hour there, with her and work it up each day? or have you already tried that? I'm only guessing, have no experience to base it on. Just wish i coudl make it better for you sweetie.

NELLY - well we know Jakey won't be getting scurvy any time soon! lovely that he's getting stuck into the good stuff!

thanks everyone for your moral support about me and my LATE bf-ing (at 14 months). VICKY i DO feel good about my decision when i'm by myself, i find at mother's group, playgroup, eating and sleeping is always being discussed and it almost feels like a test (that i'm failing) cos bilby doesn't sleep thru the night. I get pitying looks. I try to explain how night breastmilk actually has some great stuff in it that day breastmilk doesn't, but they're glazed over by then. Convinced i'm an idiot for not giving her a bottle, or giving dh a bottle to give her.

between the breastmilk and the rotavirus vaccine, bilby hasn't been ill yet and looks very healthy, so i know in my heart she's ok. I do worry a bit about her lack of motor skills and co-ordination in NOT picking up finger food and feeding herself, not handling a sippy cup, not swallowing really tiny things like baby pasta, which i thought would just slide down when she swallows. I was thinking about an iron deficiency cos she doesn't eat much meat, but then i heard today what an iron deficient baby presents like, and i realised she's not like that, so am relieved on that front.

Yes, its predominantly the preoccupation of "what is your baby doing" at playgroup that attracts all the negative comments. And the new parenting support volunteer i've got coming once a week from last Wednesday. That person breastfed for 8 weeks when she had children, so views me as an abnormality i think. She even looked up whether bilby not having water, only breastmilk, was ok for her. (the ABA said it was fine). it's not that i deprive bilby of water, it's more that she is not very good with the sippy cup, or even normal cup, and tends to take the water INTO the mouth, holds it then lets it go down her front, rather than swallowing it.

i had already told her, i watch for dehydration signs all the time, i know to look for the sunken fontanele if a bub is dehydrated. Not sure she believes me.

i am trying my best, sometimes i feel like you girls are the only ones who "get me" about that.

Kim, we have some bilby books, like Baby Bilby where do you sleep, Bilby and the Midnight Star, the Bilbies of Bliss, there is a lovely one called Hunwick's Egg, which we don't have (mem fox one), what were the titles you saw in Kmart? i am interested in ANY bilby books absolutely!!! we lurve bilbies!!!! bring on Easter i say!!!

i'm enjoying hearing bilby bang away at the eight note zylophone we got her, it's got big buttons at the bottom, or you can play it with sticks when they get a bit older. I picked out "bob the builder" on it the other day, amazing what kid's tunes you can get with only 8 notes!!!

Today i caught her FIRST running!!! instead of one step at a time, she was striding out and i actually saw six quick alternating steps that were so fast, it was RUNNING! go the bilbs!!!

she's so shy at playgroup, quiet, doesn't do much. I go to a supermarket, and she's charming strangers at teh checkout line, getting them to make goo goo faces at her and be silly. They tell me how gorgy she is (or he, she's often in blue, green or purple, and most people assume that means she's a boy!). Today i caught her playing peekaboo using the UV shade cover on the stroller, cheeky little monkey! chuckling with delight at playing peekaboo with whoever walked past.

Must find us some ocassional CC though, i'm nearly a year overdue to see the dentist.

Kim, how are things going, being a mummy of two now?

Safe travels for your plane ride tomorrow Jols, have a great holiday sweetie!

Gigi - I definately think having older siblings has a lot to do with all the things that Aston is doing. He does stuff, and I think...hang on a tic, you shouldn't be able to do that! He is a little copy cat.

Playgroup is notorious for the "comparision" thing... its one of the reasons I find it so hard to go... its not enough for me that I have a child that is the same age as someone for me to become "friendly" with them... there has to be a connection between me and that person, other then the fact that we both have a child. if that makes sense... If you are really concerned about bilby go to a paedtrician (how ever you spell it!) They will either tell you have nothing to worry about, or identify if there is any problems... and if they say you have nothing to worry about you can go and tell all those well meaning mummies to jump in the lake!! As they say knowledge is power - and if you have the knowledge and confirmation from someone else, then maybe they might leave you the hell alone. Why do women feel they have the right to impose their opinions on anyone who happens to be doing it differently to them? God we aren't the same - so what makes people think our children are all going to be the same, do the same things at the same time - like little robots!!!???

Sorry, just annoys me. My girlfriend has a nearly 2.5 year old, and she is getting unsolicited advice from everywhere at the moment - when are you going to get rid of the dummies, bottle, put her in a big bed, toilet train her, on and on and on... she has a dummy at bed time, and bottle of milk before she goes to sleep, she is happy sleeping in the cot, she is sitting on the toilet... FFS!!! She is a beautiful happy little girl, who is articulating well, doesn't walk around all day with a dummy in her mouth, or a bottle hanging out of it full of whatever in it .... arghh...

Anyway, vent over. Hang in there Gigi. Don't let the turkeys get you down.

Gigi dont let anyone get to you. I used to always think Chelsea wasnt 'right' when i kept reading what all the babies in this group were doing...but she got there in the end and now im amazed what she can do..and wat levels all our toddlers are now at.

Being a mummy of 2 now is fantastic! Damn hard work some days but loving it. At least the sleep front isnt an issue. Feeding Jasmine is a piggy (averages 300gram a WEEK weight gain but the nurse is happy as she is also a looooong baby so still in proportion nicely...lol), Chelsea is a bugger for feeding. But she is well.

The latest she says is:

* Stop it
    * Give it
    * Dont do tat
    * Wat dat

So cute!

As for the names of these Bilby books i found...argh..i dunno..i just seen them and got excited and couldnt wait to tell you. I'll have to have a look on the weekend. I did have a mobile number in my fone for you...but didnt know if it was still the same or if you would get it!!!

Have a great time in QLD Jols.....im so upset i was able to come...stupid F'ing airlines!

A quick 'bring back memories question:

What age did your babies roll????

Chelsea was 16 weeks back to tummy and 19 weeks tummy to back, 22 weeks back and forth continuosly.

I ask cos pretty much all the bubs is Jasmines group are rolling except 3...and my lil Jasmine is one of them. There goes that comparing thing again in me! Im just curious to know thats all. She makes no attempt to even roll, move or want to roll.

She also wont lift her damn head on tummy time...another thing im worried bout cos the nurse ALWAYS points it out to me.
    Last edited by visitor1; February 5th, 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: opps wrong weeks for rolling..LOL

kim...umm wow u made me think then!!, Emelia rolled tummy to back at 13 weeks and back to tummy at 18wks once then not again till 23wks...aww just watched the video of her rolling for the first time she was so little!!

loving the new things Chelsea is saying! how cute

had my 2hr glucose test today, i really didnt want to do it today as Emelia decided to wake at 6am i was so tired almost fell asleep sitting up!! didnt help that it took 2 ladies to find a vein and then had to use the same one for all 3 BT ouchies my arm is aching but im glad its over..going to be an early night for me

Cant remember when Ella rolled - isnt that awful. But it was late probably 7 months. It was just before we moved to our new home.

Gigi - Grrrr how rude. that's all i can say. Bilby loves it. She's not starving or thirsty. People need to mind their own bees wax!

Kim - OMG chelsea is a great talker. Ella doesnt say anything anymore focusing on moving in her brain.

Blanche - hate blood tests too. They can never find my little veins either. They had to take a blood sample through the top of my HAND!

Well Ella got up early today too. She woke at 5.30 and couldnt go back to sleep. She tried and tried but in the end couldnt and then had a tantrum in her bed. She was feral this morning. Just screaming. Dont know what was up - whether it was stress from yesterday at CC...

Ann

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Poor Ella, have you worked out what you're gonna do about next CC visit Ann? or are you giving your mind a rest from thinking about it (too upsetting).

so many milestones, rolling included, i didn't notate, so have no idea now!

Blanchie, your poor arm. I've got shut down veins (from being in a coma years ago) so i fully relate to what you're saying, the being prodded at for ages, it's awful.

Vicky, i really force myself to go to mum's groups, keep thinking, at least it gets me out of the house and some activity for bilby. We don't go out much otherwise. I can't motivate myself to go for a walk around the block let alone anythign else. But somehow, knowing it's the day for mum's group, i get in the car and we go. Even though i'm not thrilled by some aspects of it. The monday group is really suitable for nonmobile babies (space wise) and the membership is really transient. the friday group is tiny and the main person is incredibly racist. No-one at either group is into attachment parenting or green friendly ideas like i am, so i do feel like i have to explain everything i do (and compared to other people i've met, i'm a pretty pale shade of green and i only do some attachment parenting things. nothing radical.

You're right, it's not enough just to have babies the same age, i would like more, like this group come to life. I feel much more comfortable talking to you lot. We're not peas in a pod, but we get on well. There is one exception, one mum and her bub that i saw three times during the holiday break, outside of the group. SHe's lovely and we have a good chat.

Gee i have a laff each time i see your avatar Ann, Ella's legs are so gorgy cute! i love the "tip toe" stance!!!

Chelsea's talking is fantastic Kim! It seems whatever the new thing is that a bubba is learning, can really take their attention, so maybe Ella is concentrating SO HARD on other things, like moving, that the talking isn't so important to her right now Ann. I actually assumed that babies would learn stuff and then kept practising that skill, building up a repertoire of skills,. It was a surprise to me that they can learn something then stop doing it, and maybe learn it again in a few months time.

We had the one year jabs today (only 2.5months late!!). it was 3 jabs in the thighs. GP and nurse both did one each simultaneously, then the nurse did a 2nd one - so good job she still has chubbly thighs. One yelp, one fat tear down her cheek, short bf and she was fine. i coudln't believe she was so ok about it! three needles at once!! poor poppet. i was so surprised and proud of her.

Jols must be in QLD by now, have a great time!!!

we lost one purple shoe yesterday, STILL can't find it, curses.

Hi Taralee and Christy, if you're lurking!

i'll email you Kimbaz, with dh's mobile number.

I am lurking :P

Gigi thats exactly why I don't go to a mother's group. I went twice with Matilda & there was so much comparison & just the mindset that you must be doing something wrong if your baby doesn't comform & do everything like sleeping through, going to sleep on their own, starting solids early (seemed to be a race).... I decided it wasn't worth it. Anything that encourages Mummy guilt is wrong to me.

Kim, Jovie started rolling at 6 months. A few rolls before then, but only random.

i think aston was about 16 weeks...he was the only one of my kids that rolled rolled rolled. laura and nathan did the obilgatory roll from back to front, then front to back, then that was it.

anyone want a nine year old boy......

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast